So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i'm pretty sure Luminara Unduli is EII. cool pic though
    Who is Luminara, haha.
    I don't know who the people are supposed to be in the pic. I was just going by the impression/ "vibe"...
    Last edited by Olimpia; 10-04-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Who is Luminara, haha.
    I don't know who the people are supposed to be in the pic. I was just going by the impression/ "vibe"...
    haha

the "healing" character in that pic is from Star Wars - she's a Jedi, and appears to be holding a Clone trooper in the pic. even though she's not Beta, it's cool that you recognized her NF vibe, even without knowing who she is.

/Star Wars nerding out

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

haha

the "healing" character in that pic is from Star Wars - she's a Jedi, and appears to be holding a Clone trooper in the pic. even though she's not Beta, it's cool that you recognized her NF vibe, even without knowing who she is.

/Star Wars nerding out
    Ohhhh!
    I've thought you were referring to the other pic.

I knew that one was from Star Wars, but yeah... I did not know who she exactly was herself, haha.

I find IEI women are often being associated with healing powers, somehow. I could see IEIs healing their Duals with their minds, if that makes sense...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post

I looked at these a few times and for some reason I find this deeply disturbing and confining. I think it triggered something in me and I am trying to work out what. I don't know the story behind it but it creeps me out in a similar way pedophiles creep me out.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

I looked at these a few times and for some reason I find this deeply disturbing and confining. I think it triggered something in me and I am trying to work out what. I don't know the story behind it but it creeps me out in a similar way pedophiles creep me out.
    I think I get what you mean.
    You sense there is a lack of love and respect on the guy's side. He seems to be a heartless abuser. (Btw, there is also a lack of Fe warmth/valuing... perhaps he is actually an Fi valuing introvert. But that is besides the point.)

Anyways, if you compare those manga pics with the other one I've shown earlier, there is quite a stark contrast. Both guys say "You are mine", but in my example it seems more loving somehow, whereas with that other guy it seems cruel – the girl looks devastated...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find IEI women are often being associated with healing powers, somehow. I could see IEIs healing their Duals with their minds, if that makes sense...
    yeah, @BulletsAndDoves is always talking about IEI healers too. in another thread recently, another IEI poster was mentioning how SLEs (and SEEs) just seem to feel better in the presence of the IEI (or ILI), even if the Ni type doesn't feel like they're actually doing that much.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

yeah, @BulletsAndDoves is always talking about IEI healers too. in another thread recently, another IEI poster was mentioning how SLEs (and SEEs) just seem to feel better in the presence of the IEI (or ILI), even if the Ni type doesn't feel like they're actually doing that much.
    Yes. That reminds me of how my SEE sister just wants me to be in the same room as her. She's told me it gives her energy.
    I am not even doing anything, I don't even have to talk to her, haha. I've asked her "Can I just hang out here and not say a word?" She: "Sure. " Haha.
    It is like Ni is recharging an Se lead's inner batteries...

But it goes both ways. I find myself just going into the same room she's in, for no particular reason. And I end up sitting and talking with her. Just "basking in her (Se) presence".

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

agree that it's disturbing. this is because it's depicting some kind of abusive situation - i would not associate it with Beta duality or Victim-Aggressor interactions.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

agree that it's disturbing. this is because it's depicting some kind of abusive situation - i would not associate it with Beta duality or Victim-Aggressor interactions.
    To Childlikes and Caretakers, normal Victim-Aggressor interactions can look abusive.
    Being a Victim myself, I have very fine antennae when it comes to that kind of stuff. I can sense when a situation is natural Victim-Aggressor, or rather Abuser-Abused...

Just because someone has a Victim Romance Style does not mean they want to be truly abused...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I get what you mean.
    You sense there is a lack of love and respect on the guy's side. He seems to be a heartless abuser. There is also a lack of Fe warmth... perhaps he is actually an Fi valuing introvert.
    Anyways, if you compare those manga pics with the other one I've shown earlier, there is quite a stark contrast. Both guys say "You are mine", but in my example it seems more loving somehow, whereas with that other guy it seems cruel – the girl looks devastated...
    Yes, it is conveys "victim" in a very literal sense. Even though this quote is about S&M I think it is insightful into the "victim" romance style as I experience it. I am not into S&M but I understand the mindset maybe but in the lightest sense. I would never want humiliation or real pain.

"The submissive obeys only because she chooses to. There is nothing compelling her obedience except her resolve. The submissive is, therefore, empowering the dominant by her decision. We call a consensual empowerment of the dominant by the submissive a power exchange. Just as she gave her consent, she can take it away at any time. Power in SM flows from the bottom up."

- Philip Miller and Molly Devon, http://bit.ly/ScrewTheRosesSendMeTheThorns

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who is Luminara, haha.
    oops i was wrong, the character is probably Barriss Offee (Luminara's apprentice). they look similar and might be similar types, but i'm not sure about Barriss' type. anyway

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yes, it is conveys "victim" in a very literal sense. Even though this quote is about S&M I think it is insightful into the "victim" romance style as I experience it. I am not into S&M but I understand the mindset maybe but in the lightest sense. I would never want humiliation or real pain.

"The submissive obeys only because she chooses to. There is nothing compelling her obedience except her resolve. The submissive is, therefore, empowering the dominant by her decision. We call a consensual empowerment of the dominant by the submissive a power exchange. Just as she gave her consent, she can take it away at any time. Power in SM flows from the bottom up."

- Philip Miller and Molly Devon, http://bit.ly/ScrewTheRosesSendMeTheThorns
    Interesting quote.

I make a very simple distinction: If both people in the interaction have equal amounts of power, in terms of what can and may be done to the other etc., then it is consensual and a natural, playful Victim-Aggressor interaction. However, if there is one crass imbalance, in that the "dominant" (abuser) has got all the power, there is something wrong – and it is an Abuser-Abused interaction.

By that standard, I would not even say the consenting submissive is empowering the dominant. Rather, it is an equal power exchange. Though it is true that the submissive/Victim gives out some kind of implicit "allowance" of being handled roughly, indicating they are enjoying and craving it. The term "Victim" can be misleading in that regard, given the Victim actually enjoys being handled roughly, strongly – they like feeling the other's power.

Whereas with an abused Victim, they cannot do anything against the other's power, and their power actually hurts them and makes them feel bad, and used.

In short: Victim-Aggressor interaction is mutually beneficial. Abuser-Abused, isn't.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Obvious male SLE – female IEI pairing, again.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This looks like a fun example of male LSI(-Se) – female EIE romance to me, haha!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm trying to look for images

this is Se/Ni the movie is "Somewhere in time" he agonizes the image or love of her and seeks her somewhere in past time

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread makes me cringe by the lack of actual facts.
    Just to be boring: written socionics' theory is already a bit blurry and hard as fck to get someone's type right considering it's how ppl comprehend the world and themselves in the world. It can lead to certain behaviours, but afaik it's not a golden rule to say that if someone act or dress a certain way then he's this type 100%. By this simple thought, pictures about people have no significance over some peeps type, it shows how they dress, and if you're some crazy psyche you can approximately deduce what their behaviour is (and that's a big motherfucker if here).

So, how I see it, it's some bunch of people fantasizing about some romance they could have had with someone and how that'd have made them feel.

I'm not saying that everything you've posted is wrong (i actually don't know), sometimes it just seems like you pulled it out of your ass from a previous feeling or desire you've experienced or have wanted to experience.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hopefully people are not going to attempt to type themselves or others based on a thread like this.

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Te valuing, much? Wrong thread for that, haha.

Hopefully people are not going to attempt to type themselves or others based on a thread like this.
    Exactly, this is no typing thread, hahaha.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that, it's just it seems wrong to put a pic and say "beta duality", it's like I spin a 8 (4 if quadra dual) faced coin and hope it gets the right duality, it doesn't make sens.

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight
    Te valuing, much? Wrong thread for that, haha.
    Not at all, it's just not right lol, doesn't it hurt your brain to make unverified assumptions with confidence?
    Last edited by Mega; 10-05-2015 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Math

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It's not that, it's just it seems wrong to put a pic and say "beta duality", it's like I spin a 16 (8 if beta dual) faced coin and hope it gets the right duality, it doesn't make sens.

Not at all, it's just not right lol, doesn't it hurt your brain to make unverified assumptions with confidence?
    I don't really see a problem with this thread. It is like the other ones on the instinctual variants.
    Some posts will be very off, some will be very accurate. We are sharing ideas and discussing them. That's basically how it goes.

And I am actually seeing differences between the Duality Quadra threads. If it was true and everyone just posted their personal desires in them, the threads would all look the same.
    But they don't. They seem to develop specific trends. I believe with enough good contributions, the overall idea of the threads will be mostly accurate.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 10-05-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really see a problem with this thread. It is like the other ones on the instinctual variants.
    Some posts will be very off, some will be very accurate. We are sharing ideas and discussing them. That's basically how it goes.

And I am actually seeing differences between the Duality Quadra threads. If it was true and everyone would just post their personal desires in them, the threads would all look the same.
    But they don't. They seem to develop specific trends. I believe with enough good contributions, the overall idea of the threads will be mostly accurate.
    With the underlying assumption that the images posted first had the right "stereotyped" idea of the quadra. Which has the underlying assumption that each duality has general stereotyped vibe.
    IMO, the duality images have more to do with fucking enneagrams (because it relate to real world stuff and how you act in your world) than fucking socionics.

Funny thing is that Augusta created socionics in the first place because she thought there was something somewhere that had a correlation with social types, for exemple the nerd, the hardworker, and so on. For that she used IM that describes how you understand the world and how you understand how you fit in that world. That's a big ass fucking assumption to begin a fucking theory on, IMO.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

IMO, the duality images have more to do with fucking enneagrams (because it relate to real world stuff and how you act in your world) than fucking socionics.

Funny thing is that Augusta created socionics in the first place because she thought there was something somewhere that had a correlation with social types, for exemple the nerd, the hardworker, and so on. For that she used IM that describes how you understand the world and how you understand how you fit in that world. That's a big ass fucking assumption to begin a fucking theory on, IMO.
    So... why exactly are you a member of a Socionics forum?

P.S: I have seen the Romance Style apply to each Socionics type across Enneagram types. No matter what the IEI's Enneagram type was, they were still a Victim Romance Style deep down. Etc.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... why exactly are you a member of a Socionics forum?
    Don't ask lol, to pass time I suppose, and sometimes the forum is fun (but still, it's a good question to ask yourself)

P.S: I have seen the Romance Style apply to each Socionics type across Enneagram types. No matter what the IEI's Enneagram type was, they were still a Victim Romance Style deep down. Etc.
    That's weird man. Fuck that shit man. It seems so much pulled out from someone's ass (the whole personality theory stuff) that it seems crazy to have some truth somewhere.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

That's weird man. Fuck that shit man. It seems so much pulled out from someone's ass (the whole personality theory stuff) that it seems crazy to have some truth somewhere.
    Again – kind of weird you still bother with Typology and this forum and all that.
    Haha. Yeah, it seems crazy, but in my experience the Romance Styles thing is one of the things that is surprisingly true.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

IEI E4 girl with SLE E7 guy.

Last edited by Olimpia; 10-05-2015 at 05:16 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mega & @SisOfNight you had an interesting discussion there

I see Mega's point but as you said written description isn't easy and don't forget that duality is an interaction and describing interactions is harder than describing type since you'll either make it abstract and harder to relate to real life or you will give a written example which doesn't capture the non-verbal clues in the interaction
    So I think using pics to fill the gap is really helpful (true some will get it wrong, but it shows that they didn't understand the written description so others with better understanding can help and explain it better)
    and since it is an interaction as I said, I am afraid to say that I agree with @Sol that videos are the best way to show it < but personally I won't go search for videos that shows duality

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those arguing whether these images are accurate or not, I don't think that is really the point of this thread. It seems to be more about impressions. At the very least, it's interesting to see what others think these dual relationships might be like in a visual way. It's best just see them as opinions and speculation and not as hard facts.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Just to be boring: written socionics' theory is already a bit blurry and hard as fck to get someone's type right considering it's how ppl comprehend the world and themselves in the world. It can lead to certain behaviours, but afaik it's not a golden rule to say that if someone act or dress a certain way then he's this type 100%. By this simple thought, pictures about people have no significance over some peeps type, it shows how they dress, and if you're some crazy psyche you can approximately deduce what their behaviour is (and that's a big motherfucker if here).

So, how I see it, it's some bunch of people fantasizing about some romance they could have had with someone and how that'd have made them feel.

I'm not saying that everything you've posted is wrong (i actually don't know), sometimes it just seems like you pulled it out of your ass from a previous feeling or desire you've experienced or have wanted to experience.
    You are making non-factual assumptions yourself about the motives of people posting here

With the underlying assumption that the images posted first had the right "stereotyped" idea of the quadra. Which has the underlying assumption that each duality has general stereotyped vibe.

You're no Alpha NT for sure lol

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    You are making non-factual assumptions yourself about the motives of people posting here
    If I didn't write that line I'm unsure I'd have gotten an answer to my post.

You're no Alpha NT for sure lol
    IIRC, I said it had no relation whatsoever with Socionics. Moreover, why is that so?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

If I didn't write that line I'm unsure I'd have gotten an answer to my post.
    Lol so the purpose was provocation?

IIRC, I said it had no relation whatsoever with Socionics. Moreover, why is that so?
    Why not alpha NT? They are the ones who make such hypotheses that are pretty much speculative assumptions

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol so the purpose was provocation?
    To make someone justify something I asked a question about, or at least provoke a critical thinking process about what the person had written.

Why not alpha NT? They are the ones who make such hypotheses that are pretty much speculative assumptions
    If that fact rule out anyone from being alpha NT, why not. However, I think it doesn't (that is an assumption too, I have no way to prove that what you said is true and you have no way to prove it either, it's a sophism)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

To make someone justify something I asked a question about, or at least provoke a critical thinking process about what the person had written.
    I see

If that fact rule out anyone from being alpha NT, why not. However, I think it doesn't (that is an assumption too, I have no way to prove that what you said is true and you have no way to prove it either, it's a sophism)
    Would you be happier if I said "you are no stereotypical alpha NT", instead?

TIM
    IEI-Fe 9-8W
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Estp and INFP

<3
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    IEI-Fe 9-8W
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jake-lady-rainicorn-adventure-time--large-msg-129659005694.jpg

"Oh, baby. I love you because you’re an idiot. You make me feel like a genius."
    — Lady Rainicorn to Jake, Adventure Time

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast