Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Duality

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I thought this image nicely captures the Beta Victim-Aggressor dynamic.
    On the outside, the interaction may seem quite aggressive, but both people are actually having fun with it.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Somehow I feel like this female could be Beta Aggressor (likely LSI-Se), and the guy Beta Victim (possibly EIE-Ni).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    I don't have an opinion. You are an aggressor so I will watch and listen pretending not to care........you guys like indifferent men.
    Nope, that tactics -of being completely indifferent- works only for Se base types, all Aggressors only have one thing in common: they know what they want and will go after that. Implementation details differ beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    I thought this image nicely captures the Beta Victim-Aggressor dynamic.
    On the outside, the interaction may seem quite aggressive, but both people are actually having fun with it.
    Well they are clearly laughing.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Nope, that tactics -of being completely indifferent- works only for Se base types, all Aggressors only have one thing in common: they know what they want and will go after that. Implementation details differ beyond that
    Ouch.........damn kicked the shit out of me. Ha Well done Sorry you are a conqueror not an aggressor, I am quite new to this site.

I like your take on the avatar.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha sure.
    I just feel like someone Aggressor/Aggressor-seeking would see more of an aggressive than an amused beast...
    Oh yeah? Like what? I'm all ears. What would an angressor see?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just share any picture (preferably), video, description etc. that reminds you specifically of Beta Duality.

I'll start with a picture that had a strong & classic male SLE - female IEI vibe to me.

artist: Patrick J. Jones
    Interesting idea, why don't you make a similar thread for gamma duality

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    Interesting idea, why don't you make a similar thread for gamma duality
    I was waiting for a Gamma person to see this thread and feel compelled to create one – maybe that was me being a patient Ni lead? Haha.
    I just thought it would be best if someone of each Quadra came up with a thread like this.
    But now that you've mentioned me... I'll do it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All IEIs are redhead with green eyes, all LSIs are absolutely gorgeous black haired women, SLE women are mostly blond haired with "don't fuck with me but love me" attitude, EIE are normal women, they blend in the pack. This theory is as accurate as socionics I'd say :-D (but srsly, all IEIs are redheads with green eyes)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    (but srsly, all IEIs are redheads with green eyes)
    Since when, haha.
    I know of IEIs who don't fit into that description.
    Like... myself.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

All IEIs are redhead with green eyes, all LSIs are absolutely gorgeous black haired women, SLE women are mostly blond haired with "don't fuck with me but love me" attitude, EIE are normal women, they blend in the pack. This theory is as accurate as socionics I'd say :-D (but srsly, all IEIs are redheads with green eyes)
    Jet lag big time?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since when, haha.
    I know of IEIs who don't fit into that description.
    Like... myself.
    Hence they (and you) are not IEI, fit the description god damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kore
    Jet lag big time?
    I slept 16hrs, I was a changed after the sleep, lost all of my hair and my dick grew longer by 5 inches. (and I've no idea why I had to talk about my penis)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I slept 16hrs, I was a changed after the sleep, lost all of my hair and my dick grew longer by 5 inches. (and I've no idea why I had to talk about my penis)
    ... Because you are an Aggressor type? Haha.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As an aside, I find a lot of the pictures posted here irritating, because they denote a lot of woman-shaped things being passive, or otherwise using subtle, gentle approaches, instead of more direct/blunt methods. I see this stuff around me all the time in everyday life and it's frustrating to see it replicated here because I don't relate to it (but get implicitly told irl that I should).

That being said I also like Aylen's avatar and its associated interpretations. Hadn't looked at it closely enough to notice tones of equal watchfulness in both agents, rather than just some fairy being cornered. (Feel free to take me to task for that )

As an example, in the following picture you can note that the woman's fingers are holding the man's head fairly firmly, in a position she likes. His hand on her back is not directing anything. That for me relates to Ti-Base/Fe-Base duality (or just Ej-Ij? Initially thought Ni-Cre/Se-Cre, but not sure. Local ENTj/ISFjs: any input?) in the case where the extravert bounces/charges off in a certain direction or activity, and the introvert follows. The introvert enables a discharge of vigorous, challenging energy by a sort of implicit promise that they will endure it faithfully. However while they indeed endure, they obviously also have limits and needs of their own, and this indirectly curbs the energy discharge before it flares out of both parties' control and/or destroys something important.

(...)

This feels incomplete and the last two paragraphs are likely just me rather than standard duality, but I'm not sure what else to add atm. Maybe's it's just people-related. *sigh*

kmzcmoThkmyrt2xzWgMLmuw1o1_500.jpg
    Last edited by GuavaDrunk; 02-11-2016 at 11:25 PM.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no one has observed my image enough to comment on it, or like it for instance.

It is very resplendent of the SLE-IEI duality. The IEI is never really there, it is as a dream.

Or at least, if they are there, I'd be curious how the SLE makes this the case, perhaps it is my reference as their conflictor.

The other images, I believe it is representing what you want, rather than what is.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hence they (and you) are not IEI, fit the description god damn it!

This @SisOfNight is the closest to an IEI on this thread as I experience them.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spritelite View Post
    This @SisOfNight is the closest to an IEI on this thread as I experience them.
    Huh? I don't get it, haha.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I'll just keep posting female IEI - male SLE pictures.
    They are the easiest to find. But feel free to post more LSI-EIE pictures!

army soldiers by guangjian huang

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? I don't get it, haha.
    The IEIs you know randomly talk about their genitalia?
    I don't get your joke - I am a serious type, but I will explain.

I know some IEIs. My experience with them, and even today for some hours is this: I get on well with them, they appreciate my humors and I appreciate their ability to lighten the ambience. There is a difference: when I talk there are more formalities and lightness. With EIIs (and IEEs) I can be more direct and less tactful. With the Delta NF, this is viewed as my being somewhat boisterous, but it is viewed as humorous and we communicate and get the job done.

With IEIs it is not as this: My Te is viewed not with the humor but as too rude and obtrusive.

Aware of this, with IEIs, I get on with them when I keep it light.

My observation here is that the other IEIs are rather cynical. You seem lighter and more willing to keep people getting on. Going by my experience, and my rationale explained. you are more IEI to me as I understand it, hence my comment to your thread, in a nutshell: you fit more so what Ni and Fe combined in this order in the ego block is described as, as is my experience and understanding.

Does this make sense to you?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I don't get your joke - I am a serious type, but I will explain.

I know some IEIs. My experience with them, and even today for some hours is this: I get on well with them, they appreciate my humors and I appreciate their ability to lighten the ambience. There is a difference: when I talk there are more formalities and lightness. With EIIs (and IEEs) I can be more direct and less tactful. With the Delta NF, this is viewed as my being somewhat boisterous, but it is viewed as humorous and we communicate and get the job done.

With IEIs it is not as this: My Te is viewed not with the humor but as too rude and obtrusive.

Aware of this, with IEIs, I get on with them when I keep it light.

My observation here is that the other IEIs are rather cynical. You seem lighter and more willing to keep people getting on. Going by my experience, and my rationale explained. you are more IEI to me as I understand it, hence my comment to your thread, in a nutshell: you fit more so what Ni and Fe combined in this order in the ego block is described as, as is my experience and understanding.

Does this make sense to you?
    Yes, now I got it.
    I see what you mean. I seem to exude the "Merry" dichotomy more than some other self-typed IEIs in this forum. The ones you describe as "cynical" may actually be "Serious" like you are.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I see no one has observed my image enough to comment on it, or like it for instance.

It is very resplendent of the SLE-IEI duality. The IEI is never really there, it is as a dream.

Or at least, if they are there, I'd be curious how the SLE makes this the case, perhaps it is my reference as their conflictor.

The other images, I believe it is representing what you want, rather than what is.
    My IEI friends dual husband said to her "you are my dream woman. It's like my dream has become reality"
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    As an aside, I find a lot of the pictures posted here irritating, because they denote a lot of woman-shaped things being passive, or otherwise using subtle, gentle approaches, instead of more direct/blunt methods. I see this stuff around me all the time in everyday life and it's frustrating to see it replicated here because I don't relate to it (but get implicitly told irl that I should).
    Hm, most of the pictures here have depicted IEI women. They are the most "Victim" of all types, so it is normal for them to rather be characterized as being more gentle and passive.
    EIE women could be more assertive in comparison, being extroverts. Perhaps you could enlighten us on that issue and post more female EIE - LSI pictures.
    Personally, I am still not exactly sure myself what EIE-LSI duality "looks" like, given it seems to be a rather rare and uncommonly depicted combo.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    My IEI friends dual husband said to her "you are my dream woman. It's like my dream has become reality"
    Aww.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post

That being said I also like Aylen's avatar and its associated interpretations. Hadn't looked at it closely enough to notice tones of equal watchfulness in both agents, rather than just some fairy being cornered. (Feel free to take me to task for that )

As an example, in the following picture you can note that the woman's fingers are holding the man's head fairly firmly, in a position she likes. His hand on her back is not directing anything. That for me relates to Ti-Base/Fe-Base duality (or just Ej-Ij? Initially thought Ni-Cre/Se-Cre, but not sure. Local ENTj/ISFjs: any input?) in the case where the extravert bounces/charges off in a certain direction or activity, and the introvert follows. The introvert enables a discharge of vigorous, challenging energy by a sort of implicit promise that they will endure it faithfully. However while they indeed endure, they obviously also have limits and needs of their own, and this indirectly curbs the energy discharge before it flares out of both parties' control and/or destroys something important.

For me this dynamic rests on a deep promise of passionate *focus* on the other (or Other, if you will) by one or both participants. 'You may be going mad/chasing dreams/processing whatever random emotion just came up, but I'm here and I witness it." "You are driven to possess/exuding a mess of needs/demanding, but there is no-one better than me to withstand and understand that, and live from it." These statements both apply both ways: E -> I and I -> E. It can also express itself in the standard "I will hold you down and fuck you now because I want to ", because when else do you feel more alive than as someone's most urgent desire, than as desiring someone with such focus?

Now behold: how interesting it becomes to fight with someone, to challenge them and explore their reactions, to poke and prod knowing they're fully capable of equal retaliation, but not knowing if they will choose to retaliate this time. Will you get in, will you be thrown out? Do you want to play, do you want to win today? Who knows!

This feels incomplete and the last two paragraphs are likely just me rather than standard duality, but I'm not sure what else to add atm. Maybe's it's just people-related. *sigh*

kmzcmoThkmyrt2xzWgMLmuw1o1_500.jpg
    I don't think that you are Beta but ok.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I feel like this could be a female Aggressor - male Victim combination.
    Note his star-struck, surprised, slightly uneasy disposition (his uncertainty in regards to what "to do" seems quite obvious); whereas she "just goes for it".

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aww.
    I know. Very sweet. When you are ready to find a dual I hope you too will find the one in your dreams
    -

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

H

Yes, now I got it.
    I see what you mean. I seem to exude the "Merry" dichotomy more than some other self-typed IEIs in this forum. The ones you describe as "cynical" may actually be "Serious" like you are.
    You may confuse those dichotomies (merry-serious) with instincts. Cynical is not serious and merry is not gregarious or light.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post

You may confuse those dichotomies (merry-serious) with instincts. Cynical is not serious and merry is not gregarious or light.
    Well, it depends. I agree that So/Sx is "lighter" than Sx/Sp for example, generally. However, @Aylen is Sx/Sp and still seems more "merry" than some other people I've met on here.
    I do think @spritelite has picked up on something...

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I know. Very sweet. When you are ready to find a dual I hope you too will find the one in your dreams
    Haha. If I end up with a dual...

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I have found a good version of a female Beta ST - male Beta NF couple.
    (Tragic, but accurate...)

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hm, most of the pictures here have depicted IEI women. They are the most "Victim" of all types, so it is normal for them to rather be characterized as being more gentle and passive.
    EIE women could be more assertive in comparison, being extroverts. Perhaps you could enlighten us on that issue and post more female EIE - LSI pictures.
    Personally, I am still not exactly sure myself what EIE-LSI duality "looks" like, given it seems to be a rather rare and uncommonly depicted combo.
    Makes sense @bolded. Keeping an eye out for more EIE-LSI stuff.

Repost from @silke in the "Socionics and relationships from personal experience of an LSI (translation)" thread, post 26:

U9LylkB.png
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Another case of ♂ SLE, ♀ IEI.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Likely ♀ ST, ♂ NF.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I feel like this could be a female Aggressor - male Victim combination.
    Note his star-struck, surprised, slightly uneasy disposition (his uncertainty in regards to what "to do" seems quite obvious); whereas she "just goes for it".
    This is the image I used as a background for my website (I took the site down). I had titled my site, "La Belle Dame Sans Merci". I was in a strange emotional/spiritual/mental place then. I used it in part like a blog, but posting like no one was reading, for the most part. Just using it to express my tragedies at the time. lol

"La Belle Dame sans Merci" (French: "The Beautiful Lady Without Mercy"[1] ) is a ballad written by the English poet John Keats. It exists in two versions, with minor differences between them. The original was written by Keats in 1819. He used the title of the 15th century La Belle Dame sans Mercy by Alain Chartier, though the plots of the two poems are different.[2] The poem is considered an English classic, stereotypical to other of Keats' works. It avoids simplicity of interpretation despite simplicity of structure. At only a short twelve stanzas, of only four lines each, with a simple ABCB rhyme scheme, the poem is nonetheless full of enigmas, and has been the subject of numerous interpretations.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Belle_Dame_sans_Merci

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This is the image I used as a background for my website (I took the site down). I had titled my site, "La Belle Dame Sans Merci". I was in a strange emotional/spiritual/mental place then. I used it in part like a blog, but posting like no one was reading, for the most part. Just using it to express my tragedies at the time. lol
    I was so interesfed to see you refer to that poem. I have desceibed a SEE friend as La Belle Dame Sans Merci. She is charming and can be kind if she believes it is the right thing to do. If she does not believe you deserve mercy, and there is no political gain, she will not be merciful.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I was so interesfed to see you refer to that poem. I have desceibed a SEE friend as La Belle Dame Sans Merci. She is charming and can be kind if she believes it is the right thing to do. If she does not believe you deserve mercy, and there is no political gain, she will not be merciful.
    Is she available for lessons? I could be a bit less merciful. When I had my website up, the person I was not showing mercy to was myself so I played on the theme of the poem. I laid myself bare on it and that is why I took it down. Some of it is embarrassing to look back on. I still keep a few backups of it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Beta NF healing Beta ST.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This could be a female LSI - male EIE example.

Homecoming by OmeN2501

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm pretty sure Luminara Unduli is EII. cool pic though

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast