View Poll Results: type of Jordan Peterson?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 3.15%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 1.57%
  • LII (INTj)

22 17.32%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

9 7.09%
  • EIE (ENFj)

45 35.43%
  • LSI (ISTj)

8 6.30%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 0.79%
  • ILI (INTp)

10 7.87%
  • LIE (ENTj)

21 16.54%
  • ESI (ISFj)

5 3.94%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 0.79%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 0.79%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 3.15%
  • EII (INFj)

3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 1272

Thread: Jordan Peterson

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    business relationships (EIE/LIE) are often a lot of talk without ever gaining much from the other person, because your role function is pretty much turned off in favor of your base. you basically say something, but the other person doesn't really aknowledge it and develops his own point of view based on his own thoughts
    I see what you're saying, but what I was getting at was slightly different than that. In a word, I didn't see them significantly reformatting what the other was saying in the sense you're implying—the ways they thought, in terms of how they articulated themselves, actually didn't seem that divergent; if anything the main difference was more motivation/culture-based. To me it more or less just seemed like they covered more ground than I would expect an LIE and EIE to.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched a video. First thought; sensor. Second thought; dialectic-algorithmic cognition. I think he is probably SEI-Si 1w2 so/sp.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's interesting that he thinks bjørn lomborg (who is also an LIE imo) is a genius.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this a very good example of an ENTj-Te who is not in a pure business career. ENTj-Te’s can be emotional speakers and are very good story tellers. If you look at his ideas, he tries his hardest to make sure his ideas are in logical order (his ideas aren’t always logical, but even that is a trait described by Meged) and they are pragmatic with his constant references to neuropsychology and statistical results. An ENFj would make much more of an appeal to pathos, while Jordan gives practical advice which really hits home (literally, “Clean your room”). People mistake his active following for a Beta quadra rallying (i.e MLK revolution), but it is merely the product of the fact that the ideas he touches upon are very controversial in our modern day.

He reminds me of my ENTj-Te philosophy teacher; he was very stoic and even when he made jokes he barely cracked a smile. However, when it came to a topic that he had a deep down emotional connection towards, he shed tears while keeping a constant pace with relaying his message. This was the only time I saw any of my teachers cry.

It is also very interesting to note how he very easily monetized fame, seeing the opportunity for profit straight away. I know this is a weak point, but it is a point nonetheless.

P.S: I am not in agreement with most of his teachings. Just in case you got that impression.
    Last edited by Investigator; 09-18-2019 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    omg, that's him exactly.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's start with what he isn't:

He does not have dominant Te or Ti.

First Te, He uses many examples of studies and research, but he's an academic he should be doing that. Compare him to someone who really has ego Te like Ben Shapiro.

Now Ti, he has a very hard time making his point in a clear and concise manner, he circles around the topic slowly getting to the point. His point I think is as clear to him as it is to us, its as if he's uncovering what he really wants to say the longer he talks.

He is not a dominant Sensor.

He works himself sick and he frequently showers meatheads like Joe Rogan with adulation for being so intimidating and strong and awesome. Last time I checked his diet consists of all meat, he has little to no variation of what he eats.

What is he then?

He exaggerates emotions to an excessively dramatic level, every time you hear him speak its as if he's preaching of fire and brimstone. Everything is magnified to the nth degree of emotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7G7PTxqvFs

He frequently makes himself out to be a victim, to be victimized by a group, calls people out for being aggressive to him. Whether its actually happening or not he feels comfortable to portray himself to be on the defense. This to me seems like victim behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhuJEe6AqJA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTk-69f64KU

I think he's an IEI or EIE.
    Growing up where he grew up, in rural Canada, I think will hammer out that NF-ness pretty hard. Beta NFs are beaten down in working-class cultures that are concerned with mainly making a simple practical living for themselves. What do you get when this happens? A man preaching traditional working-class values ie be practical, be hardworking, don't live in your head. He preaches this as a revolutionary movement as if he's upturning the current system. He preaches what seem like delta/gamma values like a beta would.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    Let's start with what he isn't:

He does not have dominant Te or Ti.

First Te, He uses many examples of studies and research, but he's an academic he should be doing that. Compare him to someone who really has ego Te like Ben Shapiro.

Now Ti, he has a very hard time making his point in a clear and concise manner, he circles around the topic slowly getting to the point. His point I think is as clear to him as it is to us, its as if he's uncovering what he really wants to say the longer he talks.

I guess since I'm using DCNH I want to mention that peterson is a creative subtype, and shapiro a normaliser.

have you seen this video? the student in the beginning is an obvious NF idealist, probably even IEI, who dreams that climate change will unite people together to work towards a solution, and peterson absolutely crushes him with Te. I see peterson's emotionality coming more from Fi as suggestive function.
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 09-19-2019 at 04:38 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man that was brutal. ILI (Vegan Gains) can be quite harsh in their judgements. from this video and other stuff I've read, I think his daughter might be an LIE too. I have little information on his wife, but I remember seeing her a couple of times in some videos and my intuition telling me that she's an EII. Peterson looks extremly bad at the end of the video (he's mentioned @ 13:50). gives kind of a different perspective on his life outside of his puplic persona.
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 09-23-2019 at 11:05 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's the video that she posted on her channel

yeah after watching it I'm very strongly leaning towards EII, so it would be a rational semi-dual relationship between them.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ Seems SEE. Fact focused and very causal deterministic.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Seems SEE. Fact focused and very causal deterministic.
    do you mean his wife or his daughter? hmm SEE seems unlikely for both of them imo, but I probably won't spend more time analysing them.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ ok, so the wife is an obvious Harmonizer. Makes sense.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is Jordan Peterson is LIE. This makes the most sense to me based on what I've seen of him.

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man that was brutal. ILI (Vegan Gains) can be quite harsh in their judgements. from this video and other stuff I've read, I think his daughter might be an LIE too. I have little information on his wife, but I remember seeing her a couple of times in some videos and my intuition telling me that she's an EII. Peterson looks extremly bad at the end of the video (he's mentioned @ 13:50). gives kind of a different perspective on his life outside of his puplic persona.

Hey, I've seen a bunch of Vegan Gains' videos over the years and I'm pretty sure he's SLI 6w5. My thought when I first saw his stuff was ILI, but after seeing more of his videos and some of his debates I'm pretty sure he's SLI.

That Mikhaila Peterson vid sure was rough though

TIM
    Te-ILI-C 1w9so/sx153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol vegan gains might be an even bigger piece of shit than Jordan Peterson.
    Everything happens for a reason.

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumdumho View Post
    Lol vegan gains might be an even bigger piece of shit than Jordan Peterson.
    Lol yeah, he doesn't care at all about being socially appropriate. There's a video of him confronting a vegetarian in public, and it's like he couldn't even understand why there might be a problem with how he was acting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFGO8TMCnI

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

His weakest cognitive skill according to him is in realm of mathematical understanding. So logic is probably bit weaker.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see why others want to peg him as someone with strong logical functions, but he's terribly inconsistent in his beliefs, and has gaping holes in them. He can cite sources, but so can anyone with a decent memory, and it's his primary job.

For example, he believes that relativism is the scourge of modern western society, and equates that with post-modernism AND marxism. That doesn't make any sense, it's like he never bothered to look up what marxism is, yet he shrugs it off as something bad or evil. There is legitimate criticism of marxism, but Peterson is nowhere close to having anything relevant to critique it for.

Then he equates lobster hierarchy with human society and uses that as a justification for inequality. Humans are not lobsters, obviously. Other animals have less of a hierarchical structure in their way of living, are those not equally valid, then? Why lobsters, that aren't even mammals or closely related to us evolutionary?

He has this weird diet where he only eats red meat, it's weird, it's not based on anything except his feeling of it being better for him. Wtf? Humans are not carnivores...

LxE and LxI is tempting because he likes rules and cites his claims, but I would expect consistency in his beliefs if that was the case. Te HA xEE feels out of the question too, since they aren't people who will write extensive rules about things. Auxiliary logic? I'd still expect some level of consistency across beliefs. He seems too fond of Te to really be an xEI, and too quarrelsome to be Delta intuitive introvert.

ESI still likes to maintain a sense of order in what they percieve as a chaotic environment, and he really excells at giving people guidance in how to act to become a responsible and happier person. His forceful indignation seems to be strong, and he genuinely believes that maintaining control over the environment is important to not let chaos in. He's really good at convincing others of his ethics, but is poor in logical consistency and use force rather than logical reasoning in debates, he will often deflect by being long-winded and ending up on something adjacent to what he was pressured on.

TL;DR: Clearly values Te and Se, but the logical consistency and factual correctness is piss poor. ESI, then, because he makes a huge deal about controlling your environment and convincing others of what is ethical and proposes these "12 rules for life".

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His weakest cognitive skill according to him is in realm of mathematical understanding. So logic is probably bit weaker.
    Idk, I know an SLE who's very weak in mathematical understanding. Jordan Peterson says he types high in conscientiousness and openness, so my guess is he's just a more artistic LIE.
    Last edited by bohemienne; 12-28-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is Ni-EIE. His line of reasoning is very associative, at times scattered. He is a very talented talker though, and knows which emotions to invoke in others - and how to do it. He's an intellectual, but seems more ethical than logical to me. He's also somewhat of a trickster, a shill if you will. Intelligent and values Ti, yes, but his logical functions are not that strong - lots of inconsistencies in his views as previously mentioned. In the Enneagram, probably a 1w9.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bohemienne View Post
    Idk, I know an SLE who's not mathematical at all. Jordan Peterson says he types high in conscientiousness and openness, so my guess is he's just a more artistic LIE.
    Lopsidedness of cognitive skills regarding type without a head trauma would contradict a theory (like one could be relatively good at lower functions but not really low in higher functions regarding personal skill level although placing less significance in it or being more even in actual skills than the extreme version) which does not say that LIE's can not be a psychologist.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought iei but eie ni could work

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised that, with all the information that is out there, people type jordan peterson as anything but a gamma NT tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemienne View Post
    Hey, I've seen a bunch of Vegan Gains' videos over the years and I'm pretty sure he's SLI 6w5. My thought when I first saw his stuff was ILI, but after seeing more of his videos and some of his debates I'm pretty sure he's SLI.

That Mikhaila Peterson vid sure was rough though
    Vegan Gains is not a sensing type, let alone a Si base type. you only need to see any of his videos in which he prepares food to know that. I think Mic the Vegan is a better source of information for veganism btw. he is also an ILI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHvRArWglRY
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember if I said anything here or not, but I like his psychology stuff. I find him helpful. He seems Ni about things - symbolic and seeing the forest for the trees. I don't like his generalizations/assertions about political issues. But I guess we all have our opinions. I think he's probably some kind of EIE and LIE hybrid, at least in my mind.
    previously Megadoodoo

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I retract some of my previous statements on Jordan Peterson after reading one of his books. I think he is interesting now...still think he’s like a cultish guru, though , and EIE. Was pretty helpful at this time in my life, so thank you Jordan Peterson.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very highly Ti-valuing intuitive (lots of Ni metaphors and Ne creativity). Weak Se, apparently valued but is it a way to try to cover his PoLR (which he would be very aware of due to his field)? Haven't watched that much of his videos and don't know much about his personal life, though. I do agree with many of his views in the videos I've seen, but don't feel like I'm in need of his help although I can see it as useful for many.
    EIE feels like a strong contender but I'm not sure I would see him as my dual. His speaking style is somewhat annoying to me (EIE tend to the opposite, the content or agenda doesn't matter here). If he's EIE, he'd have to be playing LII "scientist" role strongly.
    The problem with LII typing is his apparently valued Se, of which I wrote previously, but that could be explained by focusing a lot of effort in trying to compensate for it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--He emphasizes objective truth and is very absolute in his answers. He also focuses on WHY things are the way they are - Ti

--Te types comes off more "maybe" and "there is no truth" in their answers. They focus on THE DATA and what THE EXPERTS SAY. This means ENTJ would most likely NOT be his type.

--He faces confrontation with relative ease and faces it head on versus running away from conflict. He is aware of POWER DYNAMICS and position themselves to win, letting his opponents hang themselves - Se. This means LII would most likely NOT be his type.

LIIs would be like "ok bye"
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 04-20-2020 at 06:27 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    --He emphasizes objective truth and is very absolute in his answers. He also focuses on WHY things are the way they are - Ti

--Te types comes off more "maybe" and "there is no truth" in their answers. They focus on THE DATA and what THE EXPERTS SAY. This means ENTJ would most likely NOT be his type.
    This reasoning bypasses the supposed fact that all logical types are OK at both. Usually the most stubborn type is ESI when it comes to interpretation as they prefer to trust given truths given by the trusted system they are bonded to follow.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    JP shares some sort of "sociotype continuum" with Varg Vikernes. perhaps they're both beta rationals... duals
    Isn't JPs home full of communist art? Looks like he doesn't value Si imo.. beta or gamma sounds about right, he has good Ti imo, intuitive, but can cry in public wtf.. Vikernes is SLE? Can't tell, but beta quadra seems like a good choice for the arsonist/killer. He has some cute kids tho. His music I don't really like.. meh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    This reasoning bypasses the supposed fact that all logical types are OK at both.
    u think JP is an ESI that's an interesting typing (sweet username btw - license to kill pun intended sorry bad joke )
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-16-2020 at 09:33 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is LIE creative subtype dcnh

I dont remember if I have said it before. But Im pretty sure of his type now.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reasoning bypasses the supposed fact that all logical types are OK at both.
    Nah bro.

being good at both ≠ preferring both

Usually the most stubborn type is ESI when it comes to interpretation as they prefer to trust given truths given by the trusted system they are bonded to follow.
    not in the way JP is stubborn. JP is stubborn in a absolutist way; Ti-types tend to rationalize/think in a way that their truth is the "right truth" (LSI, LII)

JP also has "systems of views" for just about anything and breaks down how they work, why they work, etc... ESIs don't really do this to the extent JP does

I was thinkin LSI.

LSIs see their logic as "common sense" while ESIs use more "textbook" answers and are more stubborn about the feelz,

PS:

ESI what an insult. poop headz
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-16-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just straight up do not think he is a sensor type.

Check out his older, older vids. Very delicate constitution of a hard core intuitive.

Any rate, glad he is out of Russian rehab.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also do not see him as a Te rational type either, also, refering to him as a young man.

I still think LII, IEE, or EIE, or LIE (for reasons other than temperament). It's hard to see past his Canadian common sense advice which is ingrained in culture here. Pull yourself up by your boot straps is a dime a dozen type mentality, maybe why this country usually does so great during rescessions. Same way Aussies are culturally distinct as ST styles.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

Check out his older, older vids. Very delicate constitution of a hard core intuitive.

He seems beta nf imo

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

ya I was wrestling between LII and LSI.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-16-2020 at 09:11 PM.

I do like Jordie.