View Poll Results: type of Jordan Peterson?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 3.15%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 1.57%
  • LII (INTj)

22 17.32%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

9 7.09%
  • EIE (ENFj)

45 35.43%
  • LSI (ISTj)

8 6.30%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 0.79%
  • ILI (INTp)

10 7.87%
  • LIE (ENTj)

21 16.54%
  • ESI (ISFj)

5 3.94%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 0.79%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 0.79%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 3.15%
  • EII (INFj)

3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 1271

Thread: Jordan Peterson

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    LIE-C. come on guys, it's not that hard.
    So basically you can't make a case for base Te without DCNH... Is that what you're saying?

This is the wrong way to type someone. DCNH should come after the base is established. How is he logic > ethics?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    After I did Jordan's and Ra's HD charts awhile back, I lean toward EIE now too.
    Nice lotsa hard work. I just assumed that after Hi-Ho-tler moved to dark side of the moon and was getting pretty pissed at being stuck so he snatched Jordan Peterson's soul and here we are. Yet another dead end. Wannabe artist politician->suicidal, wannabe philosopher psychologist ->drug addict.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking LIE but now when I see all those EIE typings I'm starting to change my mind...

I think C subtype is obvious though, and xIE type
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I've been thinking LIE but now when I see all those EIE typings I'm starting to change my mind...
    ^

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    So basically you can't make a case for base Te without DCNH... Is that what you're saying?

This is the wrong way to type someone. DCNH should come after the base is established. How is he logic > ethics?
    I never think about the DCNH subtype first. he sees individualism as the most important thing, to the point that he absolutely despises beta collectivism. he constantly criticizes Beta NF SJW culture. many people compare him to Ayn Rand, another LIE. a lot of his arguments are based on studies and statistics. he almost always wears a suit and rarely changes his appearance. blows my mind that so many people see him as EIE when he debated Zizek, who is an actual EIE. it really blows my mind that most people type him as EIE considering that he is such a public figure with strong values. and sometimes I wonder why I even bother to research people for hours when there's rarely an agreement on even obvious types.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I wrote the message on my phone so my anwers is kind pof a mess. this website is a pain to use)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I would say most people are probably not looking particularly deeply into a person, unless it catches their interest. So perhaps superficial typing
    nothing necessarily “wrong” with it, I do it myself. But yeah.

can you expound more on “beta NF sjw” some people seem to think the phenomenon is quite Fi
    maybe at a later time. I'm busy for the whole weekend and writing messages on my phone is just annoying. (that's the reason why my answer sounds so direct)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Caan View Post
    Oh...BTW, JP does mention how he sees himself in BIG 5. I forgot about it, but here it is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2jCv9A3AuA, which roughly and simply comes out to

JP seeing himself as
    *high in extroversion
    *higher in neuroticism
    *relates a lot more to agreeable
    *conscientious
    *higher in openness

And um, I recall a thread on typology central discussing what each MBTI dimension would correlate to for BIG 5. Being that - https://personalityjunkie.com/08/per...iggs-big-five/

So roughly, that would make him out as ENFJ in MBTI. And I know there is disagreement about how Socionics and MBTI differ or are similar, but I'm from the point of view that the extroverted types correlate fairly well compared to the introverted types, mainly because of how MBTI describes the J/P dimension.

So just an "analysis" or whatever, but I find that kind of interesting, given the argument that 4 out of the 5 dimensions of BIG 5 are actually Jungian dimensions, whether we are talking about Socionics or MBTI.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJW culture is not beta since beta is collectivist and betas want everyone to be moving in a similar direction. Fi is tied to individualism and Te is there to "protect" that individualism.

Jordan Peterson talks about the reality of the collective myths underpinning our human narrative, and suggests a direction for society to move towards as a whole
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 12-26-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't see gamma here.

What he is doing is not really Te, its Ti with a ton of intuition. Any Te you see in him in a reflection of his Canadian upbringing. Everyone here has a no-nonsense, get it done type of attitude and approach to life. Could be a part of why per capita we have the highest wealth middle class on the continent?

Ti + Ne + Ni with lots of suggestive sensing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dostoyevsky comes to mind after a couple hour binge. Maps of meaning in context of Fi, white personal ethics, the nuances of inter-personal relationships with the creative use of Ne - connections and hidden meanings, often using Christian religion and current scientific discoveries, in regards to personal potential and growth. Both the individual, her family, and society at large.

The individual is very confident in evaluating the ethical or moral qualities, and their consistency, of other people. This makes the individual seem "judgemental" or "self-righteous" to people less so inclined. If he has difficulty in deciding the status of a personal relationship, he will take action to try to reach a conclusion but if that continues to elude him, he will regard the relationship as not worth it. His own sense of constancy in personal ethics and in his relationships with others is a very strong factor in his sense of self-worth.

The higher feelings of this kind can be called ethical, because relationships between people's needs are mainly regulated by ethical normals.
    The individual likes to apply his insight to specific situations, relating them to the bigger picture. He also enjoys discussing idealized circumstances or what could be rather than what is. Consequently, he usually has high standards, even unreasonably so, for those around him.
    He does not pursue ideas or new opportunities merely for their own sake, but for their application to specific questions and issues that he feels are important.
    That he is often emotional is superfluous information. Sensitive individuals with high empathy are often this way. Especially if they have some history to draw from and remain open to displaying feelings. For a professional psychologist and counsellor, this is not a bad trait to have. In fact its even helpful.

["Having so many people come into the office, man, its like being in a Dostoyevsky novel. Its so cool. You get to see the entire gamut of humanity right in front of you. And the things people say and are, its so interesting." - Petterson]

["Not living up to your potential is a crime" - Petterson]

The kinaesthetic also fits.

I have heard it said INFj is the auditor of the entire Socion. Finding meaning and sense and enjoyment from Petterson does not say anything about your own type. His messages are Universal, and would apply to anyone anywhere. I just can't see anything else fitting in light of much of what he talks about and thinks and feels.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further, in regards to EIE typings, consider the following statement:

as an ignoring (7th) function (ESE and EIE)

This is manifested as a skepticism about, or reluctance to decide on, the status of a deeper personal bond in a relationship between two individuals in the absence of signs in external emotional expression that should reflect that status. For instance, the individual will be inclined to regard as "loveless" or lukewarm the relationship of a couple who do not obviously display their mutual affection and remain rather subdued in their emotions in the presence of others.
    The individual understands discussions or explorations of one's own inner feelings regarding other individuals but finds them less interesting and relevant than those focusing on one's emotional state in the same situation.
    This is NOT how Jordan thinks. Actually, he welcomes discussion, and analysis of deeper personal bonds between people in context of their status as a relationship.
    -Dads are this way with their sons and daughters.
    -Because she is his wife this means x.
    -An employer has unspoken responsibility to his employees for y.
    -The family unit is powerful and complex
    -And so on.

All these statements are also examples of field white ethics. Who relates to who and why and what does that mean for all involved. Regardless, or even including, the external emotional expression that follows.

Finally, Jordan is all about exploration of his inner feelings regarding other individuals and society and clearly finds those discussions meaningful and worth his time. Worth the majority of the time, actually, if you view his video material at length. He will also discuss his emotional state, as well as focus on them, but I think it is part of the package more so with the exploration of one's inner monologue, dialogue. ect.

I do not think Fi is in his ignoring function block.

As always I could be wrong.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found this short clip that pretty much clearly showcases dominant Te

https://youtu.be/1UhdQud45p4

I work 14 hours a day, I can't rest, I need to work as efficiently as possible

also shows his rationality and talkative EJ temperament. I wish typing people was always as easy as this

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrDonkeyBallz View Post
    SJW culture is not beta since beta is collectivist and betas want everyone to be moving in a similar direction. Fi is tied to individualism and Te is there to "protect" that individualism.

Jordan Peterson talks about the reality of the collective myths underpinning our human narrative, and suggests a direction for society to move towards as a whole
    While I think it's reductionistic to say that a sociocultural phenomenon is this or that type, I do think there are alot of beta NFs pushing SJW culture. The movement is very collectivistic.

That said, obviously not all beta collectivism is gonna take on the cultural mantle of SJW culture. It can take any form, really. You also have betas like Macron or Anton Lavey who believe/d in individualism in their personal values, but speak more like leaders of collective movements than what I believe socionics speaks of when it speaks of individualism, which is, like you say, people doing their own thing.

As far as Peterson goes, I do think LIE is likely.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the man is logical, and I think he has Si polr. The drugs, his atrocious diet that he couldn't even tell was making him sicker (probably still doesn't know it) just a total disconnect from his own body.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    While I think it's reductionistic to say that a sociocultural phenomenon is this or that type, I do think there are alot of beta NFs pushing SJW culture. The movement is very collectivistic.
    I doubt it, the SJW competition of who is being oppressed the most doesn't fit the beta quadra, it's pretty much the opposite.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interview with McConaghey was good. Interesting, and brought up point about people not living up to their own message that some folks were complaining about in that other thread re Jordan. Peterson says that in his lectures he's talking to himself too. When he says "we" he really means we, and includes himself. Anyway, I liked it, good stuff from both of them, and it was a contrast watching them together. Jordan just seems so sad, so sad and serious the way he comes across.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The interview with McConaghey was good. Interesting, and brought up point about people not living up to their own message that some folks were complaining about in that other thread re Jordan. Peterson says that in his lectures he's talking to himself too. When he says "we" he really means we, and includes himself. Anyway, I liked it, good stuff from both of them, and it was a contrast watching them together. Jordan just seems so sad, so sad and serious the way he comes across.
    i think depression often helps people see reality for what it really is, which then feeds back into the depression in a vicious cycle unfortunately

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 MORE RULEZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's an ILI Enneagram 1.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

aight

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More likely IEI. Ni explosion. Effective Fe speech. Ti confidence. Fragile physique and tragic victim style. However I cannot completely exclude EIE. So either IEI-Fe or EIE-Ni

Do not agree with some of his political views and think his rationales are flawed. But he's a savior for beta ST men's mental and spiritual health.

Last edited by Vis; 02-13-2022 at 01:15 AM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though Robert Downey look clearly alot more extrovert, their face and expression somehow look similar? At first I thought he's LSI, but Beta NF seem fit better, EIE - N I guess?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He tries to act like an IEI in search of something but I believe he is a disturbed LIE

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-D. In most of his videos, he often unironically talks of his "Beta Complex of Subservience" and themes of who is a master and who is a slave etc.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I doubt it, the SJW competition of who is being oppressed the most doesn't fit the beta quadra, it's pretty much the opposite.
    actually, it does, a woman pissing on the picture of the president in the middle of the street seems very beta to me. There are punk betas and conservative betas. At the end of the day most people fighting are all betas and gammas while alphas and deltas are just trying to chill
    Last edited by Lycantrope; 06-01-2022 at 11:07 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE. Seems too philosophical and melodramatic for an LIE.

-Lots of extremely subjective/idiosyncratic takes on people's motivations, the psychological underpinnings of our cultural zeitgeist, and what it means to live a fulfilling life that make sense in a narrow way (Ni + Ti Valuing)

-spends a lot of time talking about his ideal, strong, powerful str8 male that he’s not really exemplary of (Se-HA)
    Last edited by Averroes; 06-01-2022 at 09:46 PM.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExE

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope
    actually, it does, I woman pissing on the picture of the president in the middle of the street seems very beta to me. There are punk betas and conservative betas. At the end of the day most people fighting are all betas and gammas while alphas and deltas are just trying to chill
    maybe. I’m no longer convinced quadras are even a thing

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought he was LIE, but after reading everyone's posts here, I can see the argument for EIE. I think it's very clear that he is Ni ego, and probably creative at that.

I get so depressed talking about him though. I used to be a huge fan of his before he got super big and at least during the earlier months of his fame, but I feel embarrassed bringing up how much of a fanboy of his I used to be these days.

For what it's worth, back when I was using MBTI (and before his fame) and first discovered his Maps of Meaning lectures I always assumed he was INFJ like how I typed myself. As he got more popular he seemed more and more ENTJ to me. Anymore it's hard to say
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's an Introverted Thinking type, but with Extraverted Sensation, so LSI (?). However, he has a very high IQ and I think that's why people tend to type him as an Intuitive type. I find it funny that the people he is bashing are the ones that treat him as some sort of demigod. He's the "smart person" for stupid people.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I've always thought he was LIE, but after reading everyone's posts here, I can see the argument for EIE. I think it's very clear that he is Ni ego, and probably creative at that.

I get so depressed talking about him though. I used to be a huge fan of his before he got super big and at least during the earlier months of his fame, but I feel embarrassed bringing up how much of a fanboy of his I used to be these days.

For what it's worth, back when I was using MBTI (and before his fame) and first discovered his Maps of Meaning lectures I always assumed he was INFJ like how I typed myself. As he got more popular he seemed more and more ENTJ to me. Anymore it's hard to say
    When I first saw one of his videos (on this site, actually), I said that he sounded a lot like the way I think, and he might be LIE. But the pedantry! My god. No LIE that I know does that. He's a guy who lives by Rules.
    Rules for Every. Fucking. Little. Thing.

He looks ILI to me, but @hellohellohello might be right about him being LSI, IDK.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    He's a guy who lives by Rules.
    Preaches, for sure... lives by...?
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incidentally I happen to have the photo of me with him and thought you guys might find it interesting. This would've been in late spring of 2018

Me_JP-min - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by AWellArmedCat; 07-15-2022 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Additional info
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Incidentally I happen to have the photo of me with him and thought you guys might find it interesting. This would've been in late spring of 2018

Me_JP-min - Copy.jpg
    One values Fe, the other does not. And yeah, he preaches rules, but when I look at his own life and decisions, I only see an addicted sad man who talks too much. His daughter is also pretty much a nutcase. I can respect some of his opinions, but he isn't really an ideal for young people.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like all these years with so much fame have done something to him mentally. He receives a lot of praise from younger people but also probably a lot of death threats too. In general I have often wondered if it is psychologically healthy to be famous on a global scale since you get bombarded with so much information on a daily basis. It's really pretty new for humans. He also seems to have a lot of family and health issues and his Si PolR doesn't really help him very much considering how much medication he abuses and his idiotic all-meat diet which will give him a stroke in the future. Years ago he voiced some decent information on psychology but nowadays he pretty much voices his opinions on a myriad of topics and pretty much makes a fool of himself. No matter how smart you are, you will never be informed about everything and I think it's a sign of intelligence to just shut up when you have nothing to say. I can talk about socionics but I would embarrass myself when I talk about other important, complex fields so it's just best to accept that and let other people talk here instead of giving younger people dangerous advice.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs find themselves a good place in a hierarchy because, although there must exist some variety of how the IEs perform in different LSIs if we apply DCNH, they have Ne polr and Fe suggestive. Peterson goes against this not only by the career he chose but what can be sensed about him: I once watched a piece of media with him in it speaking about Mulholland Drive, and Ne polr unlikely to be drawn or have the patience for something dealing with tenderness and guilt in oniric form. Moreover LSI is more prone, more than any other type, to only be attracted to more ‘cheesy’ storylines in entertainment because they truly cannot see people for the individual they are (otherwise they would not have the inclination to dominate and put themselves above others) but rather as cogs in a superficial machine that they think it’s all that exists, aka, Fe suggestive. Case in point: I had an LSI once tell me he didn't understand why people needed to get therapy, why didn't they just go to bed and decide to be more positive the following day and there!, there’s your ‘cure’. That's Ne polr + stable IJ temperament + ‘the most enduring type of the Socion’. Contrast that to a video of Peterson around the time of his problems with pills to treat anxiety (that right there is a red flag for the LSI typing or would be in many cases) with him speaking with depressed bloodshot eyes to the camera. Nothing conclusive, but these bits and pieces of him detract from LSI typing irrespective of IQ. High IQ LSI are going to be doing something in the technical field, not really that much people-focused and the ones that are less like the shallow robot I just described are subtyped and raised to not be totally reclusive, show minimum cordiality and display better social skills, at least before they drop the ax on you for going against them or, rather, their dominant position or where they decided to draw the line/call the shots.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My final typing for him would be SLE-C with SLE-N being a very, very close second. For being my mirror, he is such a moody fuck.