View Poll Results: type of Jordan Peterson?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 4.49%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 2.25%
  • LII (INTj)

20 22.47%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

5 5.62%
  • EIE (ENFj)

25 28.09%
  • LSI (ISTj)

7 7.87%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.12%
  • ILI (INTp)

6 6.74%
  • LIE (ENTj)

17 19.10%
  • ESI (ISFj)

4 4.49%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 1.12%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 4.49%
  • EII (INFj)

2 2.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,160 of 1170

Thread: Jordan Peterson

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumdumho View Post
    Lol vegan gains might be an even bigger piece of shit than Jordan Peterson.
    Lol yeah, he doesn't care at all about being socially appropriate. There's a video of him confronting a vegetarian in public, and it's like he couldn't even understand why there might be a problem with how he was acting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFGO8TMCnI

a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

His weakest cognitive skill according to him is in realm of mathematical understanding. So logic is probably bit weaker.
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see why others want to peg him as someone with strong logical functions, but he's terribly inconsistent in his beliefs, and has gaping holes in them. He can cite sources, but so can anyone with a decent memory, and it's his primary job.

For example, he believes that relativism is the scourge of modern western society, and equates that with post-modernism AND marxism. That doesn't make any sense, it's like he never bothered to look up what marxism is, yet he shrugs it off as something bad or evil. There is legitimate criticism of marxism, but Peterson is nowhere close to having anything relevant to critique it for.

Then he equates lobster hierarchy with human society and uses that as a justification for inequality. Humans are not lobsters, obviously. Other animals have less of a hierarchical structure in their way of living, are those not equally valid, then? Why lobsters, that aren't even mammals or closely related to us evolutionary?

He has this weird diet where he only eats red meat, it's weird, it's not based on anything except his feeling of it being better for him. Wtf? Humans are not carnivores...

LxE and LxI is tempting because he likes rules and cites his claims, but I would expect consistency in his beliefs if that was the case. Te HA xEE feels out of the question too, since they aren't people who will write extensive rules about things. Auxiliary logic? I'd still expect some level of consistency across beliefs. He seems too fond of Te to really be an xEI, and too quarrelsome to be Delta intuitive introvert.

ESI still likes to maintain a sense of order in what they percieve as a chaotic environment, and he really excells at giving people guidance in how to act to become a responsible and happier person. His forceful indignation seems to be strong, and he genuinely believes that maintaining control over the environment is important to not let chaos in. He's really good at convincing others of his ethics, but is poor in logical consistency and use force rather than logical reasoning in debates, he will often deflect by being long-winded and ending up on something adjacent to what he was pressured on.

TL;DR: Clearly values Te and Se, but the logical consistency and factual correctness is piss poor. ESI, then, because he makes a huge deal about controlling your environment and convincing others of what is ethical and proposes these "12 rules for life".

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    His weakest cognitive skill according to him is in realm of mathematical understanding. So logic is probably bit weaker.
    Idk, I know an SLE who's very weak in mathematical understanding. Jordan Peterson says he types high in conscientiousness and openness, so my guess is he's just a more artistic LIE.
    Last edited by bohemienne; 12-28-2019 at 08:32 PM.

TIM
    miscarriage
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is Ni-EIE. His line of reasoning is very associative, at times scattered. He is a very talented talker though, and knows which emotions to invoke in others - and how to do it. He's an intellectual, but seems more ethical than logical to me. He's also somewhat of a trickster, a shill if you will. Intelligent and values Ti, yes, but his logical functions are not that strong - lots of inconsistencies in his views as previously mentioned. In the Enneagram, probably a 1w9.

TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bohemienne View Post
    Idk, I know an SLE who's not mathematical at all. Jordan Peterson says he types high in conscientiousness and openness, so my guess is he's just a more artistic LIE.
    Lopsidedness of cognitive skills regarding type without a head trauma would contradict a theory (like one could be relatively good at lower functions but not really low in higher functions regarding personal skill level although placing less significance in it or being more even in actual skills than the extreme version) which does not say that LIE's can not be a psychologist.
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

TIM
    SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni

TIM
    SLE- Se 7w8 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought iei but eie ni could work

I'm surprised that, with all the information that is out there, people type jordan peterson as anything but a gamma NT tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemienne View Post
    Hey, I've seen a bunch of Vegan Gains' videos over the years and I'm pretty sure he's SLI 6w5. My thought when I first saw his stuff was ILI, but after seeing more of his videos and some of his debates I'm pretty sure he's SLI.

That Mikhaila Peterson vid sure was rough though
    Vegan Gains is not a sensing type, let alone a Si base type. you only need to see any of his videos in which he prepares food to know that. I think Mic the Vegan is a better source of information for veganism btw. he is also an ILI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHvRArWglRY

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember if I said anything here or not, but I like his psychology stuff. I find him helpful. He seems Ni about things - symbolic and seeing the forest for the trees. I don't like his generalizations/assertions about political issues. But I guess we all have our opinions. I think he's probably some kind of EIE and LIE hybrid, at least in my mind.
    previously Megadoodoo

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I retract some of my previous statements on Jordan Peterson after reading one of his books. I think he is interesting now...still think he’s like a cultish guru, though , and EIE. Was pretty helpful at this time in my life, so thank you Jordan Peterson.

TIM
    SLE (N) 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very highly Ti-valuing intuitive (lots of Ni metaphors and Ne creativity). Weak Se, apparently valued but is it a way to try to cover his PoLR (which he would be very aware of due to his field)? Haven't watched that much of his videos and don't know much about his personal life, though. I do agree with many of his views in the videos I've seen, but don't feel like I'm in need of his help although I can see it as useful for many.
    EIE feels like a strong contender but I'm not sure I would see him as my dual. His speaking style is somewhat annoying to me (EIE tend to the opposite, the content or agenda doesn't matter here). If he's EIE, he'd have to be playing LII "scientist" role strongly.
    The problem with LII typing is his apparently valued Se, of which I wrote previously, but that could be explained by focusing a lot of effort in trying to compensate for it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--He emphasizes objective truth and is very absolute in his answers. He also focuses on WHY things are the way they are - Ti

--Te types comes off more "maybe" and "there is no truth" in their answers. They focus on THE DATA and what THE EXPERTS SAY. This means ENTJ would most likely NOT be his type.

--He faces confrontation with relative ease and faces it head on versus running away from conflict. He is aware of POWER DYNAMICS and position themselves to win, letting his opponents hang themselves - Se. This means LII would most likely NOT be his type.

LIIs would be like "ok bye"
    Last edited by onfireee; 04-20-2020 at 06:27 PM.

TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    --He emphasizes objective truth and is very absolute in his answers. He also focuses on WHY things are the way they are - Ti

--Te types comes off more "maybe" and "there is no truth" in their answers. They focus on THE DATA and what THE EXPERTS SAY. This means ENTJ would most likely NOT be his type.
    This reasoning bypasses the supposed fact that all logical types are OK at both. Usually the most stubborn type is ESI when it comes to interpretation as they prefer to trust given truths given by the trusted system they are bonded to follow.
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JP shares some sort of "sociotype continuum" with Varg Vikernes. perhaps they're both beta rationals... duals

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    JP shares some sort of "sociotype continuum" with Varg Vikernes. perhaps they're both beta rationals... duals
    Isn't JPs home full of communist art? Looks like he doesn't value Si imo.. beta or gamma sounds about right, he has good Ti imo, intuitive, but can cry in public wtf.. Vikernes is SLE? Can't tell, but beta quadra seems like a good choice for the arsonist/killer. He has some cute kids tho. His music I don't really like.. meh.

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    This reasoning bypasses the supposed fact that all logical types are OK at both.
    u think JP is an ESI that's an interesting typing (sweet username btw - license to kill pun intended sorry bad joke )
    Last edited by onfireee; 06-16-2020 at 09:33 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is LIE creative subtype dcnh

I dont remember if I have said it before. But Im pretty sure of his type now.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

My Pinterest

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reasoning bypasses the supposed fact that all logical types are OK at both.
    Nah bro.

being good at both ≠ preferring both

Usually the most stubborn type is ESI when it comes to interpretation as they prefer to trust given truths given by the trusted system they are bonded to follow.
    not in the way JP is stubborn. JP is stubborn in a absolutist way; Ti-types tend to rationalize/think in a way that their truth is the "right truth" (LSI, LII)

JP also has "systems of views" for just about anything and breaks down how they work, why they work, etc... ESIs don't really do this to the extent JP does

I was thinkin LSI.

LSIs see their logic as "common sense" while ESIs use more "textbook" answers and are more stubborn about the feelz,

PS:

ESI what an insult. poop headz
    Last edited by onfireee; 06-16-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just straight up do not think he is a sensor type.

Check out his older, older vids. Very delicate constitution of a hard core intuitive.

Any rate, glad he is out of Russian rehab.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also do not see him as a Te rational type either, also, refering to him as a young man.

I still think LII, IEE, or EIE, or LIE (for reasons other than temperament). It's hard to see past his Canadian common sense advice which is ingrained in culture here. Pull yourself up by your boot straps is a dime a dozen type mentality, maybe why this country usually does so great during rescessions. Same way Aussies are culturally distinct as ST styles.

TIM
    SLE- Se 7w8 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

Check out his older, older vids. Very delicate constitution of a hard core intuitive.

He seems beta nf imo

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

ya I was wrestling between LII and LSI.
    Last edited by onfireee; 06-16-2020 at 09:11 PM.

I do like Jordie.

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    He seems beta nf imo
    Hmm I've heard ENFj, which isn't totally unreasonable.

But he's SO Ti it's ridiculous

--EIE more emphasis on charisma and persuasion
    --LSI more emphasis on overseeing correct structures

Sensing Types

More realistic and down to earth.
    Rather notice details than the big picture.
    More focused on their surroundings, living in the here and now.
    More naturally comfortable with physical confrontations.
    Often more interested in practice than in theory.

Intuitive Types

More idealistic and head-in-the-clouds.
    Rather see the big picture than the details.
    More focused on ideas than on surroundings.
    Less naturally comfortable with physical confrontations.
    Often more interested in theory than in practice.
    Last edited by onfireee; 06-16-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Looks like he doesn't value Si imo.. beta or gamma sounds about right
    EIE (or LIE as tallmo has suggested) both have vulnerable
    to me this aligns with his predominantly-meat diet , which I view as a rather heavy handed approach to maintaining homeostasis vs. nuanced solutions

not to mention JP comes across as a person who does not partake in leisure (as a way of contributing to health) "relax" time could be better spent elsewhere :eg. inside thoughts , ideas

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    EIE (or LIE as tallmo has suggested) both have vulnerable
    to me this aligns with his predominantly-meat diet , which I view as a rather heavy handed approach to maintaining homeostasis vs. nuanced solutions

not to mention JP comes across as a person who does not partake in leisure (as a way of contributing to health) "relax" time could be better spent elsewhere :eg. inside thoughts , ideas
    JP can cry in public and seems democratic: https://youtu.be/IvBm0ZUfe7I

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EIE or LIE, but I wouldn't bet a lot on that.

TIM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

y'all type everyone on this damn plant EIE.
    accept your inner grey and set yourself free x

blood and makeup on my face Pierrette's Avatar
    TIM
    SwEIEt SpicEIE ELFV
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danali View Post
    y'all type everyone on this damn plant EIE.
    A bit of an exaggeration. I would have typed my cat an EII tbh. The other two cats, one is an LSE, the other is maybe SEE.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon

& you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

& any two things
    together is a terror.

Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin.
    It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.

TIM
    ILE-Ti SO/SX 7w6
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he Se-Ni, or is that just him being SX/SP? I am not sure. I do not think he is a sensor. He is definitely not Delta, and especially not Delta-NF. Alpha-NT, Gamma-NT, and Beta-NF are all realistic. I think that his true strength is intuition, not "thinking" per say, though that inherently does not rule out him being any of the NT types.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post

But whhyyyyy????

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    But whhyyyyy????
    But why what

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why is that fucking narcissist still in our faces?

Ok, I’ve had too much coffee. I need to chill.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol good lord

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I was certain that his daughter had killed or permanently incapacitated him!

What a strange life that guy leads. Launches his career on anti-PC profiteering, then during the largest expression of PC outrage for the last couple decades, he’s not able to say anything because he’s ODed on some benzos.
    Don't want Microsoft tracking everything you do on a computer? Tired of ads on your operating system? Sick of forced updates and reboots? Interested in a much lower risk of getting viruses? Try Linux Mint!

Protect your privacy on the Web:
    Browser: Firefox (It's much preferable to Chrome, at least)
    Search Engine: DuckDuckGo
    Adblocking: uBlock Origin
    Misc. Tracking Blocking: Decentraleyes
    Optional: uMatrix (Requires some learning)
    Mullvad VPN

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I was certain that his daughter had killed or permanently incapacitated him!

What a strange life that guy leads. Launches his career on anti-PC profiteering, then during the largest expression of PC outrage for the last couple decades, he’s not able to say anything because he’s ODed on some benzos.
    Its not like he was going to say anything that gets to the core of any of these issues. Nobody who is in the public eye or mainstream can, the repercussions are too dire. Also his 12 bag of tricks was never going to be enough to fix the inevitable civilizational collapse.

I thought you'd appreciate a savvy rug salesman when you see one. JP has a knack for making $.

ever the eternal boomer I see.. at least cleaning up your generation's mess will be interesting.

Last edited by shotgunfingers; 07-02-2020 at 08:43 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother is obsessed with Jordan Peterson. He is also a conservative Christian. : sigh :

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
    My brother is obsessed with Jordan Peterson. He is also a conservative Christian. : sigh :
    hahaha sorry bro