Thread: LSI/ISTj coping with hidden agenda and Ne PoLR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSI/ISTj coping with hidden agenda and Ne PoLR

deleted
    Last edited by guest32456; 12-30-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To believe--isn't that the ISTJ's hidden agenda? What's making it difficult for you to believe?

To believe in something--perhaps anything?--deeply, truly, often makes other, seemingly unrelated things seem worthwhile.

Is there anything that makes you feel passionate--an idea, a person, a cause?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear JuJu,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry -- I should have made myself clearer in my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I think what Wacotic said about your type is a good example how your hidden agenda works. It takes you a long time to accept a new idea (like your type) because you're worried that if by any chance you got it wrong and believed in the new thing or idea it would be painful for you to change you're idea. You don't want to totally believe yet that your type is ISTJ because something that you believe in you like to keep as a belief. If your type turned out to be something other than ISTJ you would find it hard to rediscover your type and figure it out again. You'd prefer to get it right, without a doubt, the first time so you don't have to refigure what to believe in.
    This quote by Rocky basically explains my situation. I am choosing between two new ideas, and my hidden agenda is getting in the way of me seeing clearly which idea is the ‘right’ idea. Choosing which to believe is what is hitting my PoLR, especially as I had believed in the first idea.

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    Dear JuJu,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry -- I should have made myself clearer in my first post.

I think what Wacotic said about your type is a good example how your hidden agenda works. It takes you a long time to accept a new idea (like your type) because you're worried that if by any chance you got it wrong and believed in the new thing or idea it would be painful for you to change you're idea. You don't want to totally believe yet that your type is ISTJ because something that you believe in you like to keep as a belief. If your type turned out to be something other than ISTJ you would find it hard to rediscover your type and figure it out again. You'd prefer to get it right, without a doubt, the first time so you don't have to refigure what to believe in.

This quote by Rocky basically explains my situation. I am choosing between two new ideas, and my hidden agenda is getting in the way of me seeing clearly which idea is the ‘right’ idea. Choosing which to believe is what is hitting my PoLR, especially as I had believed in the first idea.

Kindly,

Its funny, I went through something like this just recently. I had a change in beleifs, (or rather, I realized I had always beleived something which contradicted my then claimed beleifs) which meant that I had to choose between two views on life which differ. Both philosophies were left hand path - that is indivualism in goals rather than adherence to an external standard. Yet their doctrines presented a view of man and nature which contradicted each other, and influenced the practical side of their teachings as well, Satanism presents a view of man as a carnal beast meaning that the physical and spritual side of man are one(which I always have felt to be true), Setianism teaches that the two are split in a more Greek "soul vs body" view on man.

It was hard for me to swallow my pride and admit that the whole time I had been beleiving the system which I feel is completely wrong in a fundamental way because that seemed like a new beginning. But I realized that since it was something I had always beleived in, I decided I would choose that beleif, the one which I feel makes most sense to me, NOT the one dictated by others. I accepted the reasons why I had first beleived what I changed, then integrated them into my new beleifs, which I cant say resemble anyone else's ideas to a crosshair.

I myself dont know if I will remain with these same beleifs for the rest of my life, I mean Im 23 now and have a large majority of my life still unlived, but if I do change, Ill know why, and how the change relates to my past views on things, rather than being randomnly bumbed around between beleifs like a confused dumbass who beleives in anything simply because its possible.

I dont know if what works for me will necessarily work for you, but I hope that will help you make a choice based on what you feel is right out of your own reason, with respect to your past orthodoxies, even though you may change them, you can be sure that if you know why you chose them in the first place, and why you now want to change, you can awlays make a clear-sighted decision.

PS:If you need more advice, send me a pm

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    Dear JuJu,

Kindly,
    This reminds me of the ISTj from the email I showed you all. When I showed up to take her out for her birthday this year, she was shocked. She thought that what I had said about her out on her birthday 2 month's prior was just "in passing" and not real. When I showed up she exclaimed, "I thought you would have forgotten." I replied something like, "Hey, I may be a clutz about time but I didnt forget!" I was a little insulted to be honest lol. Anyways, the moral of the story here was that she does not "believe" what most people say. Ive known her for 13 years and she still will not take my word on things!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Jadae and Cheerio,

Thank you for your thoughts -- I think that it has opened up a new way of looking at situations for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    PS:If you need more adive, send me a pm
    Thanks for the offer, Cheerio. However, I couldn't find "adive" in the dictionary. :wink:

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe