Thread: Theory about quadras and temperaments

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Theory about quadras and temperaments

I've been thinking about how quadras and temperaments relate to each other. To me it seems that each quadra has a temperament that corresponds to its overall theme. It goes as follows:

Alpha = IP
    Beta = EP
    Gamma = EJ
    Delta = IJ

I have also put some thought in how the individual types fit into this as well. For each type with the same temperament as it's quadra theme (ex. SEI for alpha) I'm going to call the "identicals", types with different intro/extro "complementarities", types with different rationality "quasi", and types with opposite temperatures "contraries".

The identical types consist of SEI, SLE, LIE and EII. These are the types that most actively push their quadra values. They embody their quadra more then the other types within their quadra. Their purpose is to push their quadra closer to its ultimate goals. In this sense this makes them the "leaders" of the socion. They do most of the heavy lifting while the other members support and sustain them. They provide the core structure of their quadra. SEI creates a comfortable atmosphere. SLE strikes down enemies and oppressors. LIE starts a business. EII passes a moral code into society.

The complementary types, ILE, IEI, ESI and LSE, serve to support and enhance their quadra. While the identical types are pushing the core quadra values forward, the complementarities hold up the framework the identicals made and perfect it. ILE comes up with ideas to further improve the atmosphere SEI created, IEI gives SLE a vision and a target to strike, ESI ensures the procedures created by LIE are being followed correctly, LSE holds up and enforces the morals EII created. They do not just support their duals however, but rather provide the base and support for their quadra as a whole.

The quasi types, LII, EIE, SEE and SLI are the jack of all trades types. They are able to act independently from the rest of their quadra members and still carry their quadra values with them. This makes them the agents of the socion who can subtly carry out their agendas from a distance. LII developes and spreads alpha ideas through the media, EIE gathers support for beta actions, SEE accumulates social or political power for which gamma reforms can then be made, SLI quitely carries out task in the name of delta ethics. When the rest of their quadra fails they can take the role of a one man army, though to much less effect then a fully functioning quadra group.

The contrary types, ESE, LSI, ILI, and IEE seem to contradict the theme of their quadras in their behavior, but this serves to balance rather then conflict. These types cover the weaknesses and flaws that would otherwise leave the other members dead in the water. ESE keeps alpha sustainable and practical, LSI keeps beta from becoming a destructive mess, ILI gets gamma to slow down and think about what is really important, IEE keeps delta from becoming stagnant and primitive.

So there is my take on quadras and temperaments. It is somewhat similar to an article gulenko published except that I obviously looked at how temperaments correlated to quadras.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's very original to assign quadras hypothetical temperaments of types wich even do not exist in them. Even more original than to assign types to stools and poles.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol First of all, every temperment has exactly one representative in every quadra, and second, while I'm not sure whether I agree with his take here, it's worthy of actual consideration, not being dismissed out of hand.
    @Muddytextures I see the similarities you outlined between quadras and temperments, but I'm not sure temperments are really the right way to break down the individual types within a quadra. That aside, however, your descriptions still need work. For example, I would say LIIs refine alpha's rough WIP-style ideas into more finished products that others can use, rather than saying they actually spread the ideas (That's beta's job).
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Sol being a complete dick again, nothing unusual there.

@tejing Yeah it is still a little rough around the edges as of now, I just wanted to get across the main idea. I found it very interesting the quadras seem characteristic of the four temperaments, and how opposing quadras having opposing temperaments lines up with this.

The CEO of Bigotry
    TIM
    (Ne)-ILE 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea is good, but the ordering is wrong.

Alpha=EP/ILE
    Beta=EJ/EIE
    Gamma=IJ/ESI
    Delta=IP/SLI

I also see some quadra progression potential here

Alpha = Creates various crackpot conspiracy theories for lulz
    Beta = Filters/focuses them into a singular narrative, stylize themselves as victims, Gammas are evil oppressors, Deltas need to be freed from oppression
    Gamma = Is massively butthurt, opposes change with accepted facts and logic, stylize Beta as aggressors, Betas are evil terrorists, Deltas need to be protected from dangerous ideas
    Delta = Does stuff, "the people", sheeple that need to wake up, lemmings, etc

I see it primarily as a conflict between Beta and Gamma, Alpha and Delta being bystanders and communicating with each other, Alpha being more Beta aligned and Delta being more Gamma aligned.
    So "Innocent" Alpha ideas may come into Delta minds directly while "dangerous" pre-formatted Beta ideas are rejected.

inb4 "Thread necromancer"

I can't see how this logically makes any sense. A quadra exists because there is 4 types, not one type.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko apparently had a similar idea, but it's:
    Alpha = IP
    Beta = EJ
    Gamma = EP
    Delta = IJ
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JungianTypo...ems_resources/

This person also had basically the same theory:
    Alpha = IP
    Beta = EP
    Gamma = EJ
    Delta = IJ
    https://www.neojungiantypology.com/b...tive-functions
    However, this theory uses MBTI so some of the descriptions may not be applicable to Socionics.