View Poll Results: What type is Angelina Jolie?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • (ILE) ENTp

1 4.55%
  • (SEI) ISFp

3 13.64%
  • (ESE) ESFj

0 0%
  • (LII) INTj

0 0%
  • (SLE) ESTp

4 18.18%
  • (IEI) INFp

0 0%
  • (EIE) ENFj

3 13.64%
  • (LSI) ISTj

1 4.55%
  • (SEE) ESFp

0 0%
  • (ILI) INTp

1 4.55%
  • (LIE) ENTj

0 0%
  • (ESI) ISFj

4 18.18%
  • (IEE) ENFp

0 0%
  • (SLI) ISTp

3 13.64%
  • (LSE) ESTj

0 0%
  • (EII) INFj

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last edited by silke; 08-24-2016 at 10:00 AM. Reason: updated links

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always got the impression of her being ESFp, but I don't know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's weak. Gets herself into domestic violence relationship with Billy Bob Thornton. Tattoos all over the place to try to appear tough. Doesn't speak to her father Jon Voight, who says she's psychologically unstable. When she played Gia, the model-heroin addict, she said she identified with the role. Then she played another pseudo tough chick in Girl Interrupted. She plays victim roles and takes on opposing, bad girl point of view. Now she's realized the error of this and is trying to turn things around.

I am not sure what type she is, but this is my read on her.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh ok. That would explain why it was referred to as "ISTp stereotype" in the original post, this was her type by socioniko.net . She never struck me as much of an introvert or thinker, but I guess that is possible. I can see where the STp part comes from, but is she introverted or extroverted?

Creepy-

Definitely ESTP. She's quite aggressive (Se) both on-screen and off and exudes a certain confidence that is characteristic of this type. According to Socionics.com, females often "have a fragile appearance"- check, and "thick, immobile lips, making their speech somewhat garbled"- check. It also explains the rumors of romance between her and Brad Pitt (also ESTP)- they couldn't very well get along with one another if she was in fact ISTP and they shared contrary relations.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think she is estp because she's simply not effective enough. Estp: think Madonna. Madonna is a bad girl, but you forgive her anyway. She works the crowd a lot better and gets people's sympathies. Angelina Jolie acts like a bad girl and doesn't get public sympathy. She's rebellious, not really bad; she just acts bad. Now she's trying to do good and it's just a little bit forced and hollow.

She seems a lot more mixed up than an estp would be.
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angelina Jolie is definately N type. You can tell from the look in her eyes. They have a "blank" look.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you ask me, she has all the features of an INFP. Im no expert but the facial outlines suggest a feeling type. Plus Hugo is right about the blank look. She seems to have that "helpless dreamy empathetic puppy dog" expression that INFPs have.

Of course I could very well be dead wrong, but thats my two cents.

Creepy-estp

Default Angelina is no estp

I'm an ESTP and other ESTP women I know are effervescent and outgoing.

Angelina is moody. For me, that's very typical of "N" people. And I dont see her as outgoing. She is socially active in humanitarian programs, but that doesnt make her extroverted. I'm active in clubs like the society of women engineers and I have a lot of very close friends and I'm very open about my life. Angelina in comparison...she doesn't seem to have a lot of close female friends...at least that we know of, and she moves from relationship to relationship fast. I would peg her as an "N" but I cant tell if she's an introvert or extrovert, T or F, or P or J. But she's moody and a loner...an active loner who is very needy...so I say definitely an "N".

oh! I know, she reminds me of mia farrow.

Creepy-

She's an ESxP, Enneagram 7w8.

Definately NOT an Intuitive.

Moodiness is from sx/sp subtype and high-lows of 7w8.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHES ISTP... V.I. signs are all there...

The forehead shape, the eyebrows, the evenly spaced teeth.

Humanitarian aid makes sense (hidden agenda to love).

She bought a place in Cambodia... Very much an ISTP thing to do...

I think I want to have a cottage someday, maybe as primary/only home .

IcE
    ____________________________________-
    ISTP
    {♠x<ş))))><¸.·´Ż`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´Ż`·.¸><((((ş>x♠ }

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am certain she is an ENFP.

Creepy-Sushi

I see more similarities between myself and Angelina Jolie than any other famous woman, and I am very much an INTP. (67,78,78,89) I could buy the ISTP theory, but she is definitely NOT an extrovert, she shuns the spot light way too much. She is also far too strong of a personality to be an INFP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see more similarities between myself and Angelina Jolie than any other famous woman
    Do you have a pic?
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Creepy-An ISTP guest

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    It says that she's an ISTp at http://www.socioniko.net/ .
    I am gladly surprised to see some of my favourite actors in the ISTp listing. Mel Gibson, Harvey Keitel, Rene Zellweger... WOW. It hasn't come to my mind that Rene could be an ISTp, though. But when I see John Malkovich typed as an ISTp at socionics.com and as an ENFJ at socioniko.net, I really don't know what to think about all this VI crap. It seems kinda pointless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humanitarian aid makes sense (hidden agenda to love).
    Actually, that's usually associated with an Fi suggestive function. If this is a large part of her personality, then I would consider ExTj; otherwise, you could be right.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does everybody think of the character she played in Mr. & Mrs. Smith? My wife identified with her very strongly and loved the movie. Could she be ISFj? (at least in the movie?)

As for her actual type in real life I have no clue, but I was just curious about her type in that movie...
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm bumping this incredibly old topic because there was a debate about this in #socionix last night.

sarah (not anielka, the other one) claims that angelina jolie is subtype ISFp. she suggested lauren san giacomo as a better female ISTp. i think i like this better, myself.

anything to back this up?

i think the argument was that her social activism was connected to (like ESFjs trying to be socially active, etc.)

i think on the vilnius school forums, they actually typed her as ESTj!

some new pix (like her face isn't ingrained into everyone's memory already.)

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...t/9904648.html
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT:
    Forget everything I said. She's a chameleon and a half.

ENXx somehow or another, like gilligan87. (she VIs with him) That would seem to point towards ENTp...?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about pitt, then? isn't he some ENTx, too (at this point i have heard both ENTj and ENTp)?

she does kind of have some vaguely similar features to courtney love (like the nose/mouth area. like they have some certain uh, length between their nose + lips?) who i think could be a good example of one of the "wilder" ISFps?

she does give off more of a vibe than anything, though. in some she seems natalie-portman-esque.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my eyes Jolie is not an ISTp and Pitt is not an ESTp, so ENXx might be it.
    me

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolie has an INFp flair, but I'm sure everybody will disagree and just say that I want her to be my dual or something like that.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also think brad pitt is estp but i'm sure everybody would think that i only want him to be my identical and so on

angelina jolie has the same body language as every infp fe i've met
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have her as SLI on my site, but there's still some doubt. I highly recommend this brief video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...na+jolie&hl=en

What can you say about her in these clips?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    I have her as SLI on my site, but there's still some doubt. I highly recommend this brief video:

You are right ... she does come off as ST in some of those clips ...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

You are right ... she does come off as ST in some of those clips ...
    She certainly has the relaxed, monotone voice (in every single clip!). And she doesn't seem to be putting on airs at all, but rather seems oblivious to much of the impression she's making.

I found her statement about her and her former spouse/boyfriend being together for life very strange and naive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolie leaves on me the impression that she's pretending to be someone she's not. And I see her as an intuitive type, other people have noticed that too. Her behavior in some ways, including the relaxed, monotone voice, reminiscents of the finnish vocalist Ville Vallo. Behavior and voice can be imitated. His type was discussed here:
    http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=4533
    I used to think that he's an ISTp, but when taking a closer look I noticed that in other aspects he seems to be an extroverted intuitive person. But this is, of course, my subjective impression.
    me

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found her statement about her and her former spouse/boyfriend being together for life very strange and naive.
    that´s not an entirely bad case for IXFp idealism of their partners, IMO. i always remember reading that ESFps are never ones to say "´til death do us part!" or dramatic things like this. i´m not sure why i´m mentioning that. only that i think if there´s something she´s not, it´s not / .

not that ESFp is really strongly being debated here (i saw something about dominance, though.)
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angelina Jolie acts very much like an XSTj I knew back at my old university, she even had the same complexes and everything.

Creepy-male

I usually attempt to understand actors or actresses by temporarily assuming they are two types.

I assume they are some kind of xSxp and some kind of xNFx, the reasoning is that their job requires alot of xSxp tendancies which gravitate towards artistry and practice, and is usually pretty down to earth with the social scene and reality that they are confronted with. On top of that I think actors and actresses have to develop alot of xNFx because of their need to create realistic characters and be able to empathize as their characters and realistically emote the roles in a fanciful way. I think it would be tricky to emote realistic anger or sadness, try it one time. On top of that many actors and actresses advocate things and present opinions and convictions on matters.

Using this I think ISTp is the strongest type of xSxp tendancy, she easily fits into bad girl, adventurous, a bit anti-social even roles. Usually in which she is rebellious and tough-minded over an SFp. This usually comes pretty natural to her. This probably explains why when forced to work a social scene it comes off as ESTp, while not as prominently ESTp she'd tend to have a knack for those kinds of stuff, being ISTp.

However on the xNFx side I'd say I really can't judge well, I don't pay attention much to her humanitarian efforts. However its obvious she makes attempts at advocacy of issues and humanitarian pursuits. This seems a little foreign ground to her and seems to be developed recently as a new self-goal.

From this I'd generally say she's probably an ISTp, which has learned to strongly develop her ESTp side ( ) from the social venue of celebrity, learned to strongly develop her xNFX side (super-ego and id) from the nature of acting and is looking to balance her self by participating in humanitarian work.

I'd even wager that its possible with time to make a full transition to an xNFx personality by putting aside the ISTp like tendancy to act boldy and be rebellious for humanitarian efforts and alturism. However this goes back to the debate if its possible to change types, which I think it is, in fact I think many actors experience changes from xSxp to xNFx once they have developed alot of experience, they learn to become more confident in their ability to understand people and feelings once they spend enough time playing roles. Sometimes this helps stabilize the person's xSxp side, other times they go through a complete change of being to be more xNFx. Like I said though this is debatable.....

I think jolie is ISTp for the reasons above.

Creepy-bg

she's hot... and supposedly isn't against casual sex with her friends and ex's just for fun. Good girl!

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nearly every type has been guessed now.

ISTp
    ISFp
    ESFp
    ESTp
    INFp
    ENFp
    INTp
    ENFj
    ENTp
    ExTj
    ESTj
    ISFj
    XSTj
    ESFj

After seeing some video interviews of her I'd say ISTp is probably one of the better guesses.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought she was ISTp.

Seems to value Fi a lot. Also seemed like a T type to me. Then I did happen to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith on DVD and there was an extra that surprised me: she was arguing with the director on the logistics of a scene, saying it didn't make sense to have her follow his direction. She was intimidating , forceful, seemed logical: this happened so it doesnt make sense that this other thing happens after.

Since I also think of Brad Pitt as an ESTp, I had tried to consider ISFp for her type but I just see ISTp being a better fit.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She feels less "feminine" which is a common thing among logical females:

Makes me to feel soft, warm and open, as a woman should be.
    I think she's INTp. INTp are more aggressive than ISTp and are more self conscious. In the interview you mentioned she doesn't look so focused and turn her eyes up and side, which shows that she's accessing her visual memory. Sensors don't visualize that much as they are more wired to their immediate environment. I have ISTp friends which almost freeze at the middle of the conversation with me because they simply can't follow what I imagine in my head. INTp are also more naive and sacrificial: hence their shitty love situation. ISTp are more "here and now"; it doesn't make much sense for her to speak in extremely long terms such as "we will never separate".

INTp also makes more sense because INTp value Se but don't express it themselves.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone see that interview last night with Ann??!

I think Angelina is IEI ... oh man, her body language, the way she speaks.. the language she uses..

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've recently come to the thought that she is mentally ill in some fashion.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's INFp too (which would explain her relationship with Brad, who's probably ESTp), but perhaps I'm a bit biased.
    Here are a few videos of her:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLrQpxIHuOM&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUeEqtMjoo[/youtube]
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.. after watching those two videos - there is no doubt in my mind about her being IEI now.

How can she even be considered an ISTp? Clearly there is NO PoLR... she is very, VERY expressive, easily cries, easily smiles. Not leading however.. creative makes sense. I just see it. INFp.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex

I think she's INTp. INTp are more aggressive than ISTp and are more self conscious. In the interview you mentioned she doesn't look so focused and turn her eyes up and side, which shows that she's accessing her visual memory. Sensors don't visualize that much as they are more wired to their immediate environment. I have ISTp friends which almost freeze at the middle of the conversation with me because they simply can't follow what I imagine in my head.

INTp also makes more sense because INTp value Se but don't express it themselves.
    I have a similar problem with most intuitives. I usually don't understand processes when they are presented as words in informal conversations(I have a good memory for rules, and definitions presented in this format. Also, I can understand them better if they are presented in a lecture). Ne types are especially good at describing processes in informal conversation. I usually understand processes better when I can manipulate them in my environment with my hands, or see the object on paper(diagrams) or in person. Or at least have time to process the information in study. So, as soon as you put down what's in your head on paper and give exact details we will surely recognize you idea's glory. Conversation is too loose!
    asd

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who scream about Fe, you have to keep in mind that she's an actress. Tracy Pollan (wife of Michael J. Fox, ENFp) is an ISTp actress and she doesn't look as "cold" as the stereotypes suggest.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast