Thread: Lee Pace (Halt and Catch Fire, The Hobbit, Pushing Daisies etc.)

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lee Pace (Halt and Catch Fire, The Hobbit, Pushing Daisies etc.)

Any ideas on his type? I think he is some sort of IP type and ethical, but I'm really awful at this stuff. He typically is cast as a villian in movies/shows but seems like a sweet and genuine guy.

-“I dream about having a house by the water and not doing anything, not feeling ambitious, nor having the need to make money.”

-On keeping his life private: “Who cares about people’s personal lives? How are you then able to disappear into a role? Trust me, if I had something interesting to say about myself, I would.”

-“I can be very detached and shy. That’s one of the reasons I love L.A. ‘cause it’s so easy to kind of hole yourself up in your house and you don’t have to see anyone. It’s great!”

-“I was that ‘awkward-didn’t-understand-his body-kind of-uncomfortable teen'."

-"I don't like confrontation."

-"We're actors, we depend on being cast. It's one of the things I love about my job: it's my job to help a director tell the story, to just be willing to help. What do I need to do for you to make your story more clear? "

-PARSONS: Did you have any reservations or fear leaving to go to New York to go to Julliard?

PACE: No. They were such great opportunities. A new experience and fascinating people. I felt like I belonged for the first time—I found my people. I was a big reader all through high school and would relate to the people I read [about] in books and the authors that I was excited about. And then suddenly I found that community of people among real people. [laughs] People who I could have a conversation with. That's one of my favorite things about doing this—you just meet the most fascinating people. You meet people who are interested in humanity. And the really good ones—the really good actors, the really good directors and writers—it's beyond the plays and beyond the movie. It's more about life and the way people think, the way people fall in love, the way they cope with the tragedy of death and knowing that they're going to die.

-RE: Halt and Catch Fire

"PACE: It's about this American identity of the hunger for success and ambition and failure. We live in this culture where everyone's just trying to get it right all the time: You're trying to get right with God, you're trying to be the right person, you're trying to do this right, that right. And no one ever will. I really applaud the writers for writing these characters who are in the thick of trying to weed through the competition of their ambition versus their heart and their fallibility and their inadequacies and mediocrity and their desire to be more than they are. It's the greys on this show that I find most interesting. You find yourself trying to categorize things—it's this; it's that—but it's not that. It's a grey thing that we all live through with the passage of time and our faulty record of memory. "

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I absolutely love this guy's acting! I'm particularly impressed by Thranduil My favorite, completely nails the regal air and haughtiness, so entrancing.

As for Lee, I get Ni/Ne and Fe/Fi from him. In the "Fall" interview he talks a lot about his imagination and bonds with people, lightens up when getting into his recalling of interpersonal happenings and chances. Sort of soft and genuine vibe, VERY sincere. Also, his quotes: non-confrontational, grew up shy, detached from body, focus of affiliation and opportunity.

“I dream about having a house by the water and not doing anything, not feeling ambitious, nor having the need to make money.”

PACE: It's about this American identity of the hunger for success and ambition and failure. We live in this culture where everyone's just trying to get it right all the time: You're trying to get right with God, you're trying to be the right person, you're trying to do this right, that right. And no one ever will. I really applaud the writers for writing these characters who are in the thick of trying to weed through the competition of their ambition versus their heart and their fallibility and their inadequacies and mediocrity and their desire to be more than they are. It's the greys on this show that I find most interesting. You find yourself trying to categorize things—it's this; it's that—but it's not that. It's a grey thing that we all live through with the passage of time and our faulty record of memory.

Sort of anti-Se (better faster stronger) and anti-Ti (categorization) right there.

Leaning toward INFj. Other opinions?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree with EII

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, seeing him younger I'm thinking EIE even more.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I dream about having a house by the water and not doing anything, not feeling ambitious, nor having the need to make money.”
    This is possible for him, yet he keeps making movies...
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".