LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The INTj Brotherhood of Knights

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Take the INTj: normally described in Socionics as a philosopher and a knight for truth, a person who builds logical systems around innovative ideas.

I just like how that sounds

It has occured to me that INTjs generally have the same sort of view about things, and there is a certain aspect of this that facinates me. It is inregard to the future, and about to make progress from where we are now to where we ought to/ could be.

I sort of hope this could be a mini discussion center for such things. I might even make an INTj forum someday, I don't know. But if you ever have any thoughts that sound relevant to this (thread/title/idea/concept), then share them here.

be well
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the 40 people who looked at this page and didn't write anything

even more if people kept coming back for updates, even though they could see there were 'no replies'

If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suggestion:

create a massive database of reasons why various natural disasters are occurring and fill it with endless amounts of inherently contradictory, irrelevant, inaccurate, or otherwise flawed information.

example:

the earth will be destroyed by floods due to the high nitrogen content of the atmosphere, nitrogen being a key component in many compounds which also contain water. with the excess nitrogen available, less water will be necessary to form these compounds, which will allow their excessive accumulation. at such great quantities, they will flood the world in very short order.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, i wrote something last night but decided it was stupid and closed my browser
    lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    suggestion:

create a massive database of reasons why various natural disasters are occurring and fill it with endless amounts of inherently contradictory, irrelevant, inaccurate, or otherwise flawed information.

I'll pass. I don't want to compromise my standpoint so more people find it acceptable. That's my duals job.

It has occured to me that INTjs generally have the same sort of view about things, and there is a certain aspect of this that facinates me. It is inregard to the future, and about to make progress from where we are now to where we ought to/ could be.

I sort of hope this could be a mini discussion center for such things.
    What is you're personal vision concerning how we should be progressing into the future? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but do you want the INTjs here to discuss specific goals that we as a society should hold for the future and how we should progress toward them or did you have something else in mind? Personally, I believe that artificial intelligence will eventually obsolete the human race at least economically if we keep up our capitalist ways as no one will be able to compete with a true and vastly superior creative and self-aware intelligence that can be mass produced. I think Stephen Hawkings is crazy for saying that genetic engineering will help us compete with such creations since you can only engineer a human so far. But as I am a woman who wants her children (who are yet unborn and perhaps will never be born) to not have to live under the spector of such horrid technology, I've become something of a luddite and wonder if technology is advancing in the right directions. I believe we should be pouring a lot more resources into environmentally friendly energy sources and sustainability for our planet. But instead we only seem to care about weapons, technology which gives authorities
    more control over us, computer technology that will eventually replace us and possibly destroy us, and technology that will just displace more and more workers. Perhaps I'm just showing my paranoid INFj colors, but I believe these things and hope I am proven wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think what the helpless forlorn little infj is telling us is that she needs a hug
    lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder

I sort of hope this could be a mini discussion center for such things.
    What is you're personal vision concerning how we should be progressing into the future? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but do you want the INTjs here to discuss specific goals that we as a society should hold for the future and how we should progress toward them or did you have something else in mind? Personally, I believe that artificial intelligence will eventually obsolete the human race at least economically if we keep up our capitalist ways as no one will be able to compete with a true and vastly superior creative and self-aware intelligence that can be mass produced. I think Stephen Hawkings is crazy for saying that genetic engineering will help us compete with such creations since you can only engineer a human so far. But as I am a woman who wants her children (who are yet unborn and perhaps will never be born) to not have to live under the spector of such horrid technology, I've become something of a luddite and wonder if technology is advancing in the right directions. I believe we should be pouring a lot more resources into environmentally friendly energy sources and sustainability for our planet. But instead we only seem to care about weapons, technology which gives authorities
    more control over us, computer technology that will eventually replace us and possibly destroy us, and technology that will just displace more and more workers. Perhaps I'm just showing my paranoid INFj colors, but I believe these things and hope I am proven wrong.

Thank you so much. I had nothing specifically in mind, but that is very much in the general direction of what I was thinking about. And, you've just demonstrated more of why I like INFjs so much.

I believe we should be pouring a lot more resources into environmentally friendly energy sources and sustainability for our planet. But instead we only seem to care about weapons, technology which gives authorities
    I don't understand why so many smart and brilliant people don't realize that. There is so much we can do, but we limit ourselves... accepting the answers instead of focusing on the questions, on how to improve.

eh, more later maybe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not fear my dear. Mayhaps we will merge with the computers. Imagine a human replacing their body a cell at a time with nanobot/genetically modified hybrids. I believe the future is in humanity learning to see no difference between itself and the inanimate so that we may merge with it and through it become even more human.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Do not fear my dear. Mayhaps we will merge with the computers. Imagine a human replacing their body a cell at a time with nanobot/genetically modified hybrids. I believe the future is in humanity learning to see no difference between itself and the inanimate so that we may merge with it and through it become even more human.
    I hope not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't be a small minded coward.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The INTj Brotherhood of Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Take the INTj: normally described in Socionics as a philosopher and a knight for truth, a person who builds logical systems around innovative ideas.

I just like how that sounds

I sort of hope this could be a mini discussion center for such things. I might even make an INTj forum someday, I don't know. But if you ever have any thoughts that sound relevant to this (thread/title/idea/concept), then share them here.

be well
    UDP, do you mind if I suggest that you are not an INTJ? I have never heard any INTJ talk of a "brotherhood".
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mind, Dio, especially because UDP is definitely an INTj.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    UDP, do you mind if I suggest that you are not an INTJ? I have never heard any INTJ talk of a "brotherhood".

Explain. I'm not responding to you ONE bit -- I don't want to waste my time -- until you explain everything that you're thinking when you write this post. All of it. I want multiple, extensive paragraphs, so that I know just what you are talking about.

Get to it.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explain. I'm not responding to you ONE bit -- I don't want to waste my time -- until you explain everything that you're thinking when you write this post. All of it. I want multiple, extensive paragraphs, so that I know just what you are talking about.

Get to it.
    Well, first of all, INTJs are not usually that directly demanding. That is not Se POLR in my opinion.

Anyways, INTJs follow their interests not a brotherhood. I have never received support from an INTJ, I have received help from them when needed, but not support.

Anyways, I see that you see my statemtn as a challenge and I have no desire at this time to convince you to change your type. Should you wish to discuss it more in the future, let me know.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get to it.
    Well, first of all, INTJs are not usually that directly demanding. That is not Se POLR in my opinion.

Anyways, INTJs follow their interests not a brotherhood. I have never received support from an INTJ, I have received help from them when needed, but not support.

Anyways, I see that you see my statemtn as a challenge and I have no desire at this time to convince you to change your type. Should you wish to discuss it more in the future, let me know.

First of all, you should know I'm heavily idiosyncratic.

And secondly, I am open to hearing what people want to say about my type --- but I want them to do more than just say "oh, you're not INTj". Explain what you mean, and what type you think I am. I'll look into it, if you're being serious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I am serious UDP, but I don't want it to seem as if I am saying this for my own pleasure or something. Its' something that struck me: you did not sound like the INTJs I know, thats' all. I have known well perhaps 3 INTJs, and 4 or 5 less well. And your ideas about the brotherhood of INTJs seemed to me out of place with them.

Thats' all. You can forget this if you wish. I have no interest whatsoever in changing your opinion one way or the other. The thought occurred to me just as I said,and I expressed it.

Thats' all.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dio

Go tell your so called INTJ friends

that they're all wrong.

And your ideas about the brotherhood of INTJs seemed to me out of place with them.
    Well, first, what do you mean -- in regard to comparing myself with those INTJs.

Secondly -- if not INTJ, what type did I seem?

Thirdly -- what did you think I meant by 'brotherhood' in the first place?

PS: don't take this post the wrong way, I'm just slightly interested in challenging you and getting some answers out of you, for some reason. Yeah, I know this might not seem typically INTj, but I don't care, I stated my questions anyway. And yes, don't take the first part too of this post too seriously. I don't dislike you, or anything.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP kind of looks like the ISTj pic of the russian site

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...%3ftype%3distj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm just ENTp, and emulate people readily.
    I KNOW for a fact I am not ISTj. I like ISTjs, and one of my favorite characters is ISTj... but I'm not one of them. I've been around them, and I'm just not one of them. But I think I can emulate them at times.

I'm fairly certain I'm NT, and also IJ. I've just taken my training to an extreme. But months ago, after going away to college, I was told my facial apperance changed. I'll post some new pics

Hell --- WHY NOT have a "What's my type" thread? Everyone else is doing it...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dio

Go tell your so called INTJ friends

that they're all wrong.

And your ideas about the brotherhood of INTJs seemed to me out of place with them.
    Well, first, what do you mean -- in regard to comparing myself with those INTJs.

Secondly -- if not INTJ, what type did I seem?

Thirdly -- what did you think I meant by 'brotherhood' in the first place?

PS: don't take this post the wrong way, I'm just slightly interested in challenging you and getting some answers out of you, for some reason. Yeah, I know this might not seem typically INTj, but I don't care, I stated my questions anyway. And yes, don't take the first part too of this post too seriously. I don't dislike you, or anything.
    No problem:

For there to be a brotherhood I kind of have the impression that people have to sort of want o have a brotherhood, and the feeling I got from the INTJs that I know is that they mind their own business and are not into group behaviour, am I worng?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless, of course, an INTj is interested in huge, global issues which unavoidibly involve lots of people, due to their huge, global nature...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless, of course, an INTj is interested in huge, global issues which unavoidibly involve lots of people, due to their huge, global nature...
    The intjs I have known were not interested in such things, thats' more likely ENTP behaviour. They had a dislike of politics from whatI could observe.

Again I have known very few INTjs, but I have known them quite well.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The intjs I have known were not interested in such things, thats' more likely ENTP behaviour. They had a dislike of politics from whatI could observe.
    That was an innapropriate stretch.

I said nothing about 'politics' --- I don't like them at all. (especially in term of "politicians"... Caesar is my conflictor, mind you...)
    I brought up issues, global in nature.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an innapropriate stretch.

I said nothing about 'politics' --- I don't like them at all. (especially in term of "politicians"... Caesar is my conflictor, mind you...)
    Obviously I misunderstood your point. Any examples?

The INTJs I knew were interested mildly in history, pop music, nothing huge that I could notice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I agree that INTjs probably hate the art of politics in terms of politicians (lying, mud-slinging, winning voters, acting), but to say that INTjs do not like politics is a bit of a stretch. The classical revolutionary is someone who wants to bring about a change in politics. While there are revolutionaries in other fields (science, philosophy, etc) the political revolutionary is the classic revolutionary in which there has almost always sat at least one influential INTj guiding the wheel. Maximilien Robespierre and Thomas Jefferson.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously I misunderstood your point. Any examples?

The INTJs I knew were interested mildly in history, pop music, nothing huge that I could notice.

WHAT THE FUCK?

......................................?

POP MUSIC?

You've gotta be out of your god damn mind. Well...., your version of INTJ friends are not the INTjs I'm talking about, then. Disregard them, and don't even worry about this conversation.

It's nothing personal, Dio - really. We aren't speaking about the same thing.
    I don't think I can have a conversation about this, as I'm not in the mood to correlate our meanings. So you can just say that I'm giving up, if you like.

=======
    =======

While I agree that INTjs probably hate the art of politics in terms of politicians (lying, mud-slinging, winning voters, acting), but to say that INTjs do not like politics is a bit of a stretch. The classical revolutionary is someone who wants to bring about a change in politics. While there are revolutionaries in other fields (science, philosophy, etc) the political revolutionary is the classic revolutionary in which there has almost always sat at least one influential INTj guiding the wheel. Maximilien Robespierre and Thomas Jefferson.

HEY-wo-ho-eYEAH!

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWpty8E75Oo )

((That might have a differnt actual meaning, but to mea it meant "HELL YEAH!" ))

.....just like in my sig.......about INTjs.......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT THE FUCK?

......................................?

POP MUSIC?

You've gotta be out of your god damn mind.
    Hmm. I'm somewhat new to this Socionics thing, so I'm not very familiar with the terms. Is this post a good example of PoLR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no

It's because pop music is so simplistic, trite, and not deep.
    It is anything but "idiosyncratic"

It's like saying an INTj would enjoy being exactly like the mass majority of people -- that is how I interpreted it.

That's like saying an INTj would be interested in a Soap Opera, or care greatly about gossip, or pay attention to famous movie actors to see who they were dating and when their baby was do, etc.

Maybe it is a sort of indication of the awkwardness -- because being completely practical, or completley normal, isn't necessarily appealing to an INTj

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no

It's like saying an INTj would enjoy being exactly like the mass majority of people -- that is how I interpreted it.

That's like saying an INTj would be interested in a Soap Opera, or care greatly about gossip, or pay attention to famous movie actors to see who they were dating and when their baby was do, etc.

Maybe it is a sort of indication of the awkwardness -- because being completely practical, or completley normal, isn't necessarily appealing to an INTj
    Gotta agree
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To consider it in terms of the INTj ego block.....

wants to think for itself --- so readily accepting "popular culture" is not necessarily common
    wants to be creative --- and "pop music" to me means boring, dull, simplistic.

Of course, my last 3 posts were my subjective reactions. I don't really know if Dio's friends are INTj or not. I've no idea who they are or what they're like. But obviously, that pop music comment is something I felt very disagreeable about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It simply means uncreative to me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no

The two INTJs I had in mind about the pop music, listened to it because they found it relaxing.

I tried to have a conversation once with an INTJ about the existence of God, and the only sentence he stated was as follows: "we go where we came from", nothing more and nothing less.

On the other hand he could talk for hours about the best way to sharpen pencils for drawing pictures in our bio lab.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    None of the INTJs I have known have not been particualrly creative.

Do you know any INTJs that were very creative? Famous ones possibly.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to assume that you meant "The INTjs I know aren't particularly creative".

Well, I'm creative. I'll probably be famous someday as well. So remember me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to assume that you meant "The INTjs I know aren't particularly creative".

Well, I'm creative. I'll probably be famous someday as well. So remember me.
    Cool

Do you know any famous creative INTJs? Let me know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger

I make my living off of being creative. Creativity to me is to make something unique, which is something I enjoy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Descarte, Jefferson,

Even M Robis was probably creative, I'm sure.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newton, Max Planke, James Clerk Maxwell, Roger Sperry (won the Nobel prize for the split brain theory), Sigmund Freud. (and yes I know that'll seem controversial)

Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, Michael Dukakis. David Duchinovy (the X-Files guy), ...that's all that come to mind now, but there are more.

Think about that: INTJs created the theories of electromagnetism AND the quantum. There is no doubt we are very creative!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast