Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Si vulnerable / painful PoLR function of ENTjs and ENFjs

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Yeah, from my experience SLI handle Si much more subtly and with less "fan-fare" then any other Si type, including SEI. SEI have that Fe, so are more willing and able to talk about Si stuff in their life (SEI give the most little treats to other people, ime). LSE have that teaching kind of Si. ESE have that sort of living situation "mastery" kind of Si.
    wacey, I think I get what you mean about the Si in SEIs and SLIs, but I really didn't get about LSE having a 'teaching Si' and ESE 'living situation mastery sort of Si', but I think there is some truth to this, so could you please go further on this?

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it though? It could be manifested in a very unhealthy xie. my eie mother, she use to stay up all night maybe getting one hour of sleep, and you wouldn't even notice this because she looked fine. like this woman could be running on 30 minutes of sleep and take us to school, after school things, sport games, go grocery shopping and interact with everyone just fine. also she is the type of person to probably be on her computer all night and cleaning the house. there were many times she would complain to me about how little she ate today, that all she had was dinner no other meals. to be honest I don't know how she didn't ever become really Ill from not taking care of herself properly/ and about other part, the most that would happen is she may lash out, but that only started to happen when we got older and my brother started doing bad in school. she also had a friend who was an lie and had horrible sleep issues, she basically tried everything but nothing ever worked. I heard at times she wouldn't sleep at all.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si PoLR: " Hey you've been in the hot sun for 4 hours straight, take a break and drink some water you're probably dehydrated." "I'll take a break when I'm done. Is it me or is it getting hard to breathe? Is there something in the air?" no the person is dehydrated but doesn't pay much attention to their "cellular" messages.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I consider Si PolR the preoccupation with body/uglyness etc. at the cost of relax. There is a good control of one's stimuli which, however, leads to some extremes choices (being a teetotaler, not smoking, not sleeping peacefully, even good control over sexual stimuli etc.). Some things, such as the absence of relaxation itself, will still produce effects on your body which will however be ignored in favor of the elimination of annoyances (which I will present shortly).

Instead, the suggestive Si (ENFp / ENTp) tend to worry about it, as they are actually interested in feeling good, without problems. At the same time, it does not prevent the latter from indulging in wrong behaviors that worsen their condition. This because they find comfort in those things (drinking, not sleeping well, being in curved position with their back etc.).

So, as I said Si PolR means imo having also mind and body in tense mode and not being able to enjoy 100% moments of relaxation.
    For example, every day I can wake up on command by choosing a time (without using alarms). I think the quality of sleep is affected, but this allows me to always be on time for everything.

Also, I do not tolerate having to fulfill physiological needs in places other than my home. This has led me over time to have these stimuli only once in front of the door of my house, since I always "do" it only in my house, and almost never out.
    For this reason I avoid drinking alcohol (which would force me peeing lmao). I don't smoke for fear of physical problems or because il could get uglier.
    Also, when I remember having a hunched back I straighten it back, having fear to get a ugly hump with time.

It often happens to me to see in new places (where I go to travel) places already seen in dreams (which are just similiar, but I connect them anyway) or with the same "vibe" of dreamed places. I can recover old and thousand dreams. It is as if my mind cannot accept that something cannot be explained with mental images already foreseen (Ni). Maybe it compensate my lack of relax (Si) in visiting new places. Also it seems to me that my brain has the purpose of forming them to try predicting phisycal spaces.

In brief, I think Si PolRs put so much importance on these matters that He neglect relax. At least this is the huge difference between me and my Si user friends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I have seen LIEs Si PoLR in action before, one example would be to neglect sleep by taking amphetamines so that they had more time to study and do what they wanted.

Well, to me, this made no sense because I know that sleep allows my brain to fully absorb the information I am learning. But I had no social life so I had more time on my hands I suppose.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw LIE Si in action one time. We had a box full of plastic bags, someone asked her how many plastic bags were in the box, she took a quick look and said 200, I was like huh? and rushed over to see the box because it was hard to believe there was 200 bags in that box it looks like there's under 100 bags. The box had 80 bags in it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789