Thread: Trait of INFjs or just her personality?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trait of INFjs or just her personality?

My mom gets so overexcited over everything even when she's not sure if it'll work or not. I don't get how she can show such hope at the early stages of something. I never do that. I always wait till the very very last minute to show joy like oh wow, it actually worked out. Over the years, most things never work out for me so I have come to learn never to show any sort of joy/hope. It's annoying to see her expressing so much hope that it's hard to see her disappointed and it honesty makes me uncomfortable and wants to tell her to calm down. When she gets like that, she becomes very fragile so I have a hard time telling her the bad news or whatever. It's freaking annoying.
    INFP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, ya can think of it this way... at least she's excited and joyful about things rather than telling you that it's not gonna work and then niether of you ever do anything because you're sure the outcome will be crappy. This way, when something does turn out right everyone's happy and then you/her can say, "i never doubted it for a second" and everyone exchanges hugs and high fives or slaps on the ass or whatever...lol
    I think this makes sense, at least a little? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate. Nothing is ever certain until it's over, and perhaps not even then. It's distressing to see people getting so excited over something which has a good chance at failing. I often find myself in the position of trying to moderate others' intense emotions (positive or negative).
    Currents - INFj

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Currents
    Nothing is ever certain until it's over, and perhaps not even then.
    This reminded me of the ISTP moto at Travel Types :

"Nothing is definite until it's in process or in the past"

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    i think it is cool when ppl get excited over stuff even if it is dumb or whatever. i feel the excitement indirectly from others... i just don't get direct hits of it on my own. sometimes i feel like i have been born without the ability to smile.
    You would enjoy an ENFp's company then
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that my sister is ENFp, and I like that she gets excited around me and at the same time understands my lower amounts of expressiveness. She knows when I'm actually happy about something without me having to stretch myself in showing it. She knows that my quietness isn't disaproval, which is the impression that some people get (unfortunately).
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.