Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Type 1 (Sx/So) and Anger... getting heated up :lol:

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I just saw this.
    I'd agree that he's 1w2
    But I think he's actually contraflow Sx/So (just have a look at the gender identity controversy), and ILI-Te.
    JBP has spoken many times against group involvement and group identities.
    It's present in his latest lecture, once again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUP40gwht0#t=2h17m50s
    So no, JBP does not value the social instinct. He is social-last, and I find it easy to relate to this attitude.
    Instead, he has always stressed individual improvement eg "sort yourself out", and his "rescue your father from the underworld" lecture is the extension of "the alchemist" sx/sp archetype.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I dont feel gut energy from that guy. Head type (6?).
    And not soc last. He's clearly sx last imo.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

And silke apparently relates to him, like she does with all other sx last who she types sx first. More evidence.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say he is SX last. Not all SX first individuals are apparently "sexual" in a sex appeal kind of way, especially if they are NT (aka Logical and Intuitive). NT SX people tend to focus less on physical appearance (though they still care about that), and more on intellectual pursuits and being intelligent, and being attractive based on that. They delve deeply into the mysteries of life and try to find the "juice" in other ways. Also, Type 1s can appear very non-gut-like if they are very intellectual and have a strong 5 fix. Who would you type as 1, @maniac?

Here's Jordan talking about his almost life-long romance with his wife. This is like a fairytale for an SX first person: love at first sight at a young age, and later marrying that person and being with them forever. It's quite rare for an SX blindspot person to care about romance at such a young age like he did. Note how he immediately lights up once he's asked about his wife. You can tell it's what he truly cares about. I bet he's been able to focus on Social pursuits more because his SX instinct was fulfilled well.

People commenting on his love story:

It was very sweet seeing him talk about how he met his wife. I have never seen him so animated or happy before, and my respect and admiration for him grew even more.
    It made me smile to hear him talking and laughing about how they met and his stories about her. He was so happy sounding when he was talking about her. :')

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Medusa
    I actually can't think of any 1 males except someone I know who isn't a celebrity.. It seems like it's more common with women. But females: Judge Judy, Rose McGowan are two I can think of right now.

Love or romance is really not sx. Sx is a separate thing and it is sexual chemistry (attraction etc). All of the instincts confuse their first instinct for love in my opinion. An sp first may take care of their partner or family member by giving them material gifts, in which if the reciever is sp last (or sometimes second) it wont really do anything for them, they dont see the love in it, but for the sp first it means alot.
    Sx first can confuse their attraction for love and so on. Meeting and marrying young and staying together forever was common before, and the length of a relationship is not proof of high sx. My parents are both sx last and are still together.

He has a distance to him that feels sx last. I would guess he's so/sp.
    Last edited by maniac; 08-25-2017 at 07:31 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Medusa I type Martin Luther King 1.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    @Medusa I type Martin Luther King 1.

Yeah, I'd type him as 1, too.

The differences between MLK and Jordan Peterson are based on their different tritypes and sociotypes.
    MLK being EIE-Ni and Jordan being ILI-Te. That results in the Type 1ness being quite differently expressed.
    MLK is more "intense" than Jordan mainly because his Fe is much stronger.

We can agree on Jordan's SO being quite strong. It's possible he's So/Sp, though for now I'll still say he's Sx/So.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 08-26-2017 at 08:31 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Medusa, i saw Jordans type being discussed elsewhere and it had me convinced he is in fact a 1. But 1w9. Martin Luther King must be 1w2. But, still so/sp for Jordan. I think his second fix is 7 actually, hes colorful and enthusiastic and a risk taker. I have no idea what his image fix is

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I just saw this.
    I'd agree that he's Type 1
    But I think he's actually contraflow Sx/So (just have a look at the gender identity controversy), and ILI-Te.
    There's no Te in him. Ti leading without a doubt, considered for a long time whether LII or LSI, and LSI probably makes the most sense, Ni HA comes out, Ne polr too which you may be surprised by, but it's there. His awe at Ni, listen to him talk about Nietzsche and how Ni seems an incomprehensible superpower to Peterson for example. And more, but Ti leading is the most obvious thing about him whether LII or LSI.

If you want an example of an ILI-Te Type 1, Ben Shapiro fits that bill perfectly.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

JBP does use words like "analysis" quite often and I find his logic to be quite complementary, so I'm inclined to agree with @squark that he is LxI.

As for his instinct stackings, here is yet more evidence that "social (so)" is his last instinct. Much like Carl Jung, who was typed as sx/sp by the Enneagram Institute crowd, Peterson rejects any sort of political involvement and instead reasons that the power lies with the individual:

"You know I’ve thought for a long time about a political career, really forever, since I was like twelve, really for a long time. And I’ve always decided against it because it seemed to me that the proper level of analysis, with regards to the solution of the problem that we’re facing, isn’t political. And that’s why I think it’s a mistake when what I’m doing gets politicized, even by me or other. I think that the way that you deal with this is to put yourself together, I really believe that, because I think that individual people are far more powerful, they’re certainly far more evil than their willing to consider. That’s also a sign of their unbelievable power. So, I think what you do is, aim high and put yourself together and stay the hell away from the ideologues. Because they’re hiding behind a wall and not able to come out and fight on their own behalf. And so, the way forward through the ideological mess, and that’s the lesson of Western culture, is place the individual at the place of paramount importance and to make the group identity emergent only when necessary, and secondarily if ever."

As sx/sp, I fully relate to these statements.

Yet another social-last bit that was noted by many people who have watched Jordan Peterson's videos: while lecturing he tends to intensely stare at one person in the audience. In case the audience is too large, he disengages and lectures from his own personal bubble making very little eye contact as can be seen in the video. I found myself following similar patterns when I had to do some public speaking and totally relate to this #soclaststruggle:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

That quote shows a big investment in social, whether it's positive or negative. I as a social last would never consider starting a political career in the first place, and he has thought seriously about it since he was 12...
    This guy is definitely not social last, all of his lectures show great social intelligence - how relationships work, why they work, why they dont work. This is all the social instinct.

And for the record, social lasts tend to be terrible lecturers because of the lack of social intelligence and knowledge of how to reel people in and make them listen, he is an expert at that (soc).

If I were you, @silke, I'd definitely consider a stacking for yourself that isn't social last, as you tend to type everyone but the social lasts, social last.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you have a vision like Jordan Peterson does, and you're SOC-first - such as so/sp as you type him - you wouldn't shoot yourself in the foot that way and decide that social career is not for you. What is happening to him at such a young age (12) is that he is finding out that he has a social blindspot and that thorough social involvement would be unsuitable for him i.e. he is figuring out who he truly is and that social engagement is not his primary value in life.

Furthermore social-lasts aren't "terrible lecturers" as you say. You'll find both sp/sx and sx/sp giving interviews and presentation that have wide appeal within their circles and niches, which is exactly the situation with Jordan Peterson. Latest example from the news is Hugh Hefner, sp/sx, who has enjoyed fame and recognition within a certain circle. There are more actors, celebs, and even politicians of these stackings.

Further, I can't see any SX-last posting something like this on Twitter. There are Peterson's latest SX-first shenanigans with some implied victimhood in the SOC area: "Will I get crucified by asking this politically incorrect socially provocative question?"

On a final note, typing me as social-first is beyond being ridiculous lol. I can only write that off on your odd assumptions about the enneagram and your general life inexperience.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

John Nash - 1w9 sp/sx (LII)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Social 1w2

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1 in bad mood

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Dr. Perry Cox ("Scrubs")

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Sol both are more 8. Dr. Cox reminds me of a teacher I have that is 8w9 with a 7 fix.

"Shame on you" - Such a 1 statement.

Youre probably more like this guy who is less crazy (not being a woman may play a part in it)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    1 in bad mood
    The inner world of a 9

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The inner world of a 9
    then 1 are their "duals" but seems it's more "conflictors" variant. Enneagram just asks to do IR table for their types.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

then 1 are their "duals" but seems it's more "conflictors" variant. Enneagram just asks to do IR table for their types.
    How so? I dont think there are clear cut duality in the enneagram. Some types that are very different would be 4 (pain-seeking) and 7 (pain avoidant) but even them have similarites like both of them being Fantasy and Frustration types (both feel a constant emotion that something is lacking and yearning for something more/else/better). All types share at least something in common. 1 and 9 have both in common that they not want to be affected by anything (therefor 1 wants order and 9 wants calmness). They are both "body" types too.

On enneagraminstitute.com they descirbe compatability between the types, and you would see that all of them have the potential to have both bad and good compatability with everyone.

The main problem area for Ones and Nines has to do with the opposite ways that they deal with conflicts and rising stress. Ones tend to become more openly frustrated with themselves and others and with the feeling that things are not going as they should. They begin to exude a prickly anger, edginess, and dissatisfaction with everything and everyone. They become obsessed with finding who is at fault, and with legislating how things could be improved. By contrast, when conflicts and stress increase, Nines begin to shut down and withdrawn. They become less effective at correcting problems and less able to speak about their feelings or discomfort. The worse things become, the more Nines attempt to tune them out while maintaining that nothing is the matter. Thus, judgments about the Nine's judgment and competence and willingness to take responsibility taint the One's dealings with Nines, while resistance and denial of problems (with a barely suppressed undertow of anger) infect the Nine.
    It is difficult for Nines to step up to the plate and take the level of responsibility that Ones are looking for. The more Ones push Nines to respond in the way they want, the less Nines are willing and able to do so, and they retreat into more widespread passive-aggressive behavior. To Ones, this feels like willful resistance and culpable negligence. The quiet indifference of the Nine only infuriates the One all the more. In short, it is difficult for Ones to respect Nines, just as it is difficult for Nines to feel comfortable with (and able to express themselves to) Ones. Ones eventually become more self-righteous and intolerant while Nines become more uncommunicative and stubbornly unresponsive. Others find it very difficult to be around this pair because of the obvious, painful zingers pointed at the Nine by the One-and because of the aura of barely suppressed rage coming from the Nine. This couple gets frozen in their anger, with no way to melt the impasse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How so?
    "The inner world of a 9"

Duals have as inner worlds ego functions of each other, that's why they supplement each other.
    Conflictors have eh... "mirrored" ego in inner worlds of each other, and while feeling much of personal interest can't supplement, but exhaust each other.
    1 and 9 are more like conflictors in Socionics (during contradiction). They are very interesting for each other, but need psychic distance (in conflicts) or subordination. They need to supress their native behavior during contradictions, or need to grow personally to allow more open relations. It would be interesting situation to get duality + E1-9 match - so much possibilities and motivation to improve own psyche.

> I dont think there are clear cut duality in the enneagram.

If there is no still, - that should be added somehow. It needs supplement and opposing traits between every of two types. If Enneagram have clear difference of compatibility like 7-9 is easier than 1-9, then there should be clear theory why it's so - similar to Socionics IR. Probably Enneagram will need more types.

> All types share at least something in common. 1 and 9 have both in common that they not want to be affected by anything (therefor 1 wants order and 9 wants calmness).

this common does not seem to help with good relations
    also subordination would remove rising distress for both

> On enneagraminstitute.com they descirbe compatability between the types, and you would see that all of them have the potential to have both bad and good compatability with everyone.

I've understood that the potential for good differs for types' pairs. One are easier and other harder.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

"The inner world of a 9"

Duals have as inner worlds ego functions of each other, that's why they supplement each other.
    Conflictors have eh... "mirrored" ego in inner worlds of each other, and while feeling much of personal interest can't supplement, but exhaust each other.
    1 and 9 are more like conflictors in Socionics (during contradiction). They are very interesting for each other, but need psychic distance (in conflicts) or subordination. They need to supress their native behavior during contradictions, or need to grow personally to allow more open relations. It would be interesting situation to get duality + E1-9 match - so much possibilities and motivation to improve own psyche.

> I dont think there are clear cut duality in the enneagram.

If there is no still, - that should be added somehow. It needs supplement and opposing traits between every of two types. If Enneagram have clear difference of compatibility like 7-9 is easier than 1-9, then there should be clear theory why it's so - similar to Socionics IR. Probably Enneagram will need more types.

> All types share at least something in common. 1 and 9 have both in common that they not want to be affected by anything (therefor 1 wants order and 9 wants calmness).

this common does not seem to help with good relations
    also subordination would remove rising distress for both

> On enneagraminstitute.com they descirbe compatability between the types, and you would see that all of them have the potential to have both bad and good compatability with everyone.

I've understood that the potential for good differs for types' pairs. One are easier and other harder.
    For practical compatability the instincts stackings work. Everyone can have good chemistry though and it does not depend on ones type since everyone has different souls. Two people of the same typology are not identical. Only their core issues are. You're relations and compatability obsessed. You share this in common with @Olimpia (she's so/sx) and I think it's because of the social instinct, you're neurotic about you somehow "helping" others while they are "helping" you become a "better person".

(SO): Here, the eye lands on the health of the collective, building mutual support, being for someone or some group, affiliating, co-creating, participating, contributing, involvement. Bonding and relationship-building belong in this category, not with the Sexual Instinct. Social gives us the ‘intelligence’ to read people and respond to them, adapt to them, communicate and interpret subtleties. All language, words, verbal exchanges fall under the purview of this Instinct. SO can go low though: It sparks the response that burns witches at the stake, exterminates populations that are deemed ‘diseased vermin’ or those that are lesser/lower in some way… or can also put an undue amount of attention into status, rank, respectability, pedigree, reputation, strata, provenance. Otherwise, wholesome cleanliness and the ‘white light’ Apollonian themes of order, law, history, medicine, higher education, government, lofty eternal principles and ideologies get their first push and continued attention from the Social Instinct. According to evolutionary biology, this Instinct is the latest to have emerged, perhaps the ‘more advanced and complex’ Instinct, i.e.- the stuff that animates our impulse toward the Humanities, altruistic vision, goodwill, the ‘higher good’, the conceptual space of civilization and religion. Social is the bodily sensation of not being a closed circuit. Perhaps the bridge or link between instinct and the wider-view emotions that inspire animals to care for their young; this is the parenting instinct. The connection to history and participation in the collective human journey.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Iosif Stalin

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

For practical compatability the instincts stackings work.
    Same can be for E-types. While instincts stackings still need be checked - this seems as 2nd, other typology for me.

> Everyone can have good chemistry though and it does not depend on ones type since everyone has different souls.

To have "different souls" and to be different having same types does not mean all types are equal in compatibility. Socionics show this clearly. And 7-9 are thought as easier relations, for example.

> You're relations and compatability obsessed.

Because I have experience of different IR what proves the use of Socionics. And same I expect Enneagram may have. And it has, according to the mentioned 7-9 match.

> you're neurotic about you somehow "helping" others while they are "helping" you become a "better person"

I like to help others like people which are not neurotic in own unnatural individualism. I like when people near are happy, feel good to me and each other. Most people are such.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    At first, I thought that the first bird was just taking a righteous crap on the second bird.

Still, this is pretty much what happens metaphorically.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    Whiplash
    Terence Fletcher: There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job".

Jesus Christ. Enneagram 1 is scary.
    The real scary part of it, to me, is that he actually has a point.
    But as the other guy asks: where's the line?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Gennadiy Hazanov - "Parrot"

Hello, eh! You recognized me? Who said "Popka the fool"? No, I'm not a fool! I'm a cretin. I'm a complete idiot. Do you know why? Because I can talk. A fish someone calls a fool? No, because she is silent. They catch her, she is silent. They fry - she is silent. They made a fish day - she is silent. While I always talk. And it's always not what you need. I'm cutting the truth! When no one asks me. 300 years I live and nowhere I stayed for more than two weeks!
    How many owners have changed - it is impossible to count! I remember I lived in some family... King's conditions: Finnish wallpapers, Arab furniture, crystal glass ringing like in the church! They fed me 5 times a day - by almonds in chocolate ... It would seem, what else - sit and be silent. No, I could not resist. A couple came to visit them - a professor and his wife. Charming people, just charming! So they were seated at the table, and my almonds got stuck in my throat. And I've cried: "What are you here for? You will now be charmed, so that their daughter could to go in the Univercity!" Oh, what's up! The hostess shouts: "Do not believe it, it's a provocateur." Guests take coats and flee. The owner to me and screams: "Rooster you are colored! If you, he says, did not cost 200 rubles, I would cook soup from you!" Well, two hundred, but sold for three hundred.
    And in a decent family: the father is a medic, the mother is a teacher, the son is a blockhead. Fifteen years old guy - full of fun. Well, it's not my son. But no, I could not resist. Three days silent, on the fourth mouth opened. I say: "Father! Here you are a doctor, while your son, by the way, smokes!" He says: "Is it often?" "No, only when he is drunk." Mom asks: "Does he drink?" I say: "Yes, when looses a lot in the cards." And then they forgot that they are intelligent people: they took the belt and beated him. They started at 28 month day and finished at 1st. And at 2nd day morning he took me in arms, brought to the bird market and sold to some drunken man. For 10 rubles! The drunken rejoiced, said: "I'll tell my wife that I bought for the 100 and I'll drink the rest!" He was rejoiced early... I told his wife all befor. So there I did not stay long too.
    Nowhere I did stay for long... still. Who wants to know the truth about himself, and even pay for that 300 rubles? Already the rumor went that I bring misfortune to the house. No one wants to take me even for free. The last owner was hanging around with me a little and now I'm here. Now I'm sitting in the zoo ... So I'd saw nothing, heard nothing and could not tell about people. But I'm not going to keep silent here either!
    Comrades! In the zoo, the tiger does not get enough meat! Before it's too late, save the predator! If you'll be asked how you learned, point on me. I have nothing to lose. I afraid nothing allready, because I'm a fool, cretin, full idiot!
    [http://piter.fm/music/геннадий_хазанов/song_1089867]

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kanye taking a break from E3 and trying the E1 lane:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Spock is the perfect One. In both senses of the word. Five is not the actual core type, he is too correct in wanting to be correct... by correcting others, virtue of pedantry. No withholding information or reclusion detectable. Doesn't collect facts only for himself but to achieve an outward ideal, nitpicking without failure and wanting to implement rules the right way. SX last of course.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Last edited by Sol; 11-05-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SX/SO

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I got the impression this could be SX 1w9.

Dean Cornwell - Story illustration - 1918

*********** 21-04-19:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast