Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Enneagram Type 1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is actually a wise statement that could be made by any true competitor...and not type related. I have done a lot of study of Bruce. And overall it is usually the 8 that is willing to take the death threats and mix the sacred beliefs of those attached to the world of martial arts...especially if we think of when he did it. My educated guess is that he was a sx 8.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Enneagram types are accentuations like Jung's types and their reduction is the way of personal improvement.

E1 study on own mistakes when they notice that their tries to make something better and more perfect leads to worsening and the need to undone their "improvements". E9's acceptance of the world "as is" is what E1 develop in themselves to reduce their passion to improve this world. This compensation is needed to hold unwise and unprepared changes E1 may do, to hold the wish to act impulsively following the anger.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/hisperic/status/1060349074275229697

"People who accuse society and religion of pathologising whole regions of human experience tend themselves to pathologise the very important and necessary human feelings of shame, grief, fear and guilt."

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donald Trump is a 1

Takes 1 to know 1

Anything else is FAKE NEWS

Bye

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear. . .

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post

Donald Trump is a 1

wat

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

this girl is likely an 1w2 sp/so introvert

Last edited by silke; 12-06-2018 at 11:04 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    this girl is likely an e1 ISxx

So how is that Type 1 exactly?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    wat
    He clearly wants to be perfect. That's why everything bad is fake news, he has all the best words, and his fingers are long and beautiful as are many other parts of his body (obviously his nose.) Granted, he's not the most "healthy" version of a 1... but still. He's not angry all the time like 8 and he's not OK with scandals like a 3. He bought a picture of himself looking like Jesus for crying out loud.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you are not perfect still, then we are going to you.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    So how is that Type 1 exactly?
    She's orderly, conscientious, and has mentioned in one of her videos that she's given into feeling frustrated.

The frustration triad is 1-4-7: http://drdaviddaniels.com/the-enneag...armony-triads/

What would you type her if not a 1?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

She's orderly, conscientious, and has mentioned in one of her videos that she's given into feeling frustrated.

The frustration triad is 1-4-7: http://drdaviddaniels.com/the-enneag...armony-triads/

What would you type her if not a 1?
    Orderliness and conscientiousness are not exclusively Type 1. Any type, especially 3s (for achieving personal success), can cultivate those aspects in themselves.

Type 1 is primarily about having issues surrounding perfectionism and a strong sense of moral obligation, both for themselves upholding their morality, and assessing/praising or punishing the morality and (ir)responsible nature of others. As a consequence, they tend to be overly critical, restrictive of the actions of themselves and others, wanting to be "good" and "proper" and "perfect human beings/citizens" (and others as well, especially if Social instinct first), which often results in the tendency not to engage with anything that could be harmful or morally degrading (or trying to restrict/punish others for doing so, especially if SO first).

I don't see any of that in her video... What kind of 1 would concern themselves with over-painting their nails?
    A 1 would rather preach about the stupidity of doing such and urging others to stop watching those videos, for example.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Orderliness and conscientiousness are not exclusively Type 1. Any type, especially 3s, can cultivate those aspects in themselves. Type 1 is about having issues surrounding perfectionism and a strong sense of moral obligation, both for themselves upholding their morality, and assessing/praising or punishing the morality and responsible nature of others. As a consequence, they tend to be overly critical, restrictive of the actions of themselves and others, wanting to be "good" and "proper", which often results in the tendency not to engage with anything that could be harmful or morally degrading.

I don't see any of that in her video... What kind of 1 would concern themselves with over-painting their nails? It just seems totally unrelated.
    Perfectionism and strong sense of moral obligation lead to traits like orderliness and conscientiousness. It is interesting how you don't see a link between such motivations and these traits. Just recall Jordan Peterson, a prototypical e1, and his message geared towards other people to "sort oneself out". The rest of your post seems to be describing a low health state of a type i.e. "punishing" "restrictive" "overly critical" etc. Once you read through different health levels of a type you'll see that any person has a choice to not succumb to the negative traits that are associated with their enneagram. We do have some self-identified 1s on this forum, like Director Abbie, and do you really see her as embodying those traits that you have mentioned?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Perfectionism and strong sense of moral obligation lead to traits like orderliness and conscientiousness.
    Correlation, not causation. As I said, there are orderly and conscientious 3s out there, for the sake of achieving their goals.

Just recall Jordan Peterson, a prototypical e1, and his message geared towards other people to "sort oneself out".
    You are proving my point there, he is actually a Type 1. My example of her telling people not to overpaint their nails would be something he'd say. Whereas she... overpainted her nails for entertainment. That's untypical of E1.

The rest of your post seems to be describing a low health state of a type i.e. "punishing" "restrictive" "overly critical" etc.
    I have found that it is best to type someone based on the negative traits/behaviour they exhibit. Because positive traits will be employed and celebrated by the other types as well. The "low health level" behavior is the clearest typing ground. That is probably also why a lot of Enneagram literature sounds rather negative. It is because you can distinguish the types the best in that manner.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have found that it is best to type someone based on the negative traits/behaviour they exhibit. Because positive traits will be employed and celebrated by the other types as well. The "low health level" behavior is the clearest typing ground. That is probably also why a lot of Enneagram literature sounds rather negative. It is because you can distinguish the types the best in that manner.
    I've found the same, however, this approach does not work when you are dealing with people who are at high health levels of their type. Consider description of low health levels vs. high health levels of type 4. The high health level 4 exhibits no depression, alienation, nor darkness associated with mid to low level 4s, so if you follow the negative trait typing method it would make it easy to mistype the high level 4 into some other types.

Type 4 at Level 3: Highly personal, individualistic, "true to self." Self-revealing, emotionally honest, humane. Ironic view of self and life: can be serious and funny, vulnerable and emotionally strong.
    Type 4 at Level 7: When dreams fail, become self-inhibiting and angry at self, depressed and alienated from self and others, blocked and emotionally paralyzed. Ashamed of self, fatigued and unable to function.

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-4

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I've found the same, however, this approach does not work when you are dealing with people who are at high health levels of their type. Consider description of low health levels vs. high health levels of type 4. The high health level 4 exhibits no depression, alienation, or darkness associated with mid to low level 4s, so if you follow the negative trait typing method it would make it easy to mistype the high level 4 into some other types.

Type 4 at Level 3: Highly personal, individualistic, "true to self." Self-revealing, emotionally honest, humane. Ironic view of self and life: can be serious and funny, vulnerable and emotionally strong.
    Type 4 at Level 7: When dreams fail, become self-inhibiting and angry at self, depressed and alienated from self and others, blocked and emotionally paralyzed. Ashamed of self, fatigued and unable to function.
    Most people are around average or unhealthy health levels, which makes typing easier. I also always try to find out someone's "dark" or "shadow side" to type them, because yes, good health can be misleading.

However, she is exploiting the overpainting-nails-trend for views, which is rather typical of Type 3. Overall, the motivations behind that video, and the video itself (entertainment for success) is rather Type 3. Again, no hint of 1. Maybe you could find a video of hers that is actually a better example of 1. For that one, I cannot see it.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Most people are around average or unhealthy health levels, which makes typing easier. I also always try to find out someone's "dark" or "shadow side" to type them, because yes, good health can be misleading.

However, she is exploiting the overpainting-nails-trend for views, which is rather typical of Type 3. Overall, the motivations behind that video, and the video itself (entertainment for success) is rather Type 3. Again, no hint of 1. Maybe you could find a video of hers that is actually a better example of 1. For that one, I cannot see it.
    Most people actually are not that representative of their types. One of the reasons why we have so much typing confusion in the famous people and what's my type subforums.

As to this girl's videos, if you look up the first page of her channel she does have a video dedicated to "correcting mistakes". If you still do not see how this is a type 1 sentiment, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to depart from this discussion due to lack of interest as this is getting a little too self-explanatory here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you want something done good - do it yourself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    He clearly wants to be perfect. That's why everything bad is fake news, he has all the best words, and his fingers are long and beautiful as are many other parts of his body (obviously his nose.) Granted, he's not the most "healthy" version of a 1... but still. He's not angry all the time like 8 and he's not OK with scandals like a 3. He bought a picture of himself looking like Jesus for crying out loud.
    None of what you describe has anything to do with wanting to be perfect.

I'm pretty sure he's a 3w4.

(Sorry this is old)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

E1 intention is a permanent fight for the improvement, for removing of bad
    E9 are opposite - on the surface they tend to accept what exists, and are dreamy with being closer to own ideals in those dreams. they tend to hope and wait when the improvements will happen without their direct interventions

E1 is an accentuation with the supressed E9 traits. Those are unconsciouse. If consciously to accept E9 approach, such to get the consciouse control over own supressed traits, you also get the control over the energy kept in the unconsciousness associated with E9 traits. You direct that energy to change the reality by E9 ways.

E1 way to personal development is in studing to use E9 attitudes to achieve the wished. To find the _equal balance_ between acting and not acting, physical and mental control of the reality, acceptance of the existing and the wish of changes.
    This mb described by: to concentrate on the distant wished, and then instead of direct actions - to relax and to feel the trust that everything will be good. You should trust to how the reality goes by own ways to satisfy your aims and wishes. Relax and feel the pleasant harmony with anything what exists and happens, as all that leads to your aims, for the best for you.

That spread leaded to these ideas. And also my recent experience when I wanted something much and for long, did preparations, efforts and then made a break in actions by external reasons. But I felt that anything will be good anyway, and happen in own time. And one day that happened "accidentally" without my direct efforts alike I could do nothing before and to get it. My undoubtful intention, the concentration on the wished, and then the relaxed trust in the success have created the result more than what I did physically. My unconsciouse abbilities and links with the reality were directed on the result and appeared as enough for that. I remember the similar situations also in my past.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sx/sp 1 (LII)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sx/sp 1 (LII)

IIILLIII bruv. know the difference

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    IIILLIII bruv. know the difference
    A guy who talks about noticing inconsistencies and incoherences in his interviews. That's not an ILI. That's a Ti-valuing type.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A guy who talks about noticing inconsistencies and incoherences in his interviews. That's not an ILI. That's a Ti-valuing type.
    ok buddy

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    ok buddy
    you're way too far from being ok lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you're way too far from being ok lol
    That makes two of us.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    That makes two of us.
    Well at least you're honest, or maybe not.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well at least you're honest, or maybe not.
    I'm probably about average honest.

I don't lie directly, but I can allow a person to mislead themselves by omitting information.

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

looks like a video by 1w2 so/sx, illustrating some concepts along those enneagram lines

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

[eng subs]
    Last edited by Sol; 06-04-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned