Who've left our world as young
    And will never return
    This text is dedicated to all
    Who've gone forever in 27
    To those, who stays in our hearts

To all, who've taken this fight
    Whose life was a game without rules
    To all, who've chosen own way themselves
    Storming the heaven, have turned it up...

Glory to heroes, who broke the schemes
    Glory to outcasts of the stupid system
    Glory to all of them, who is going to the end
    Daring and young, who is storming the heaven

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mom is a self-pres/sexual one stereotype. Household and appearance - have to be flawless. The nitpicking, correcting, over-organizing, plus fighting what is wrong: off the charts, to every detail. Even now that I'm writing this I hear her complain in the other room. Hypocrisy? Of course, the 1's shadow self is there, too. No person in the world could tolerate a LTR with her except one type - self-pres Dad, most loyal of phobic sixes with a 9 fix. Enneagram compatibility... your demons just have to vibe.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cato the Younger, to me, is one of the archetypal sx/so Ones of history. His ancestor, Cato the Elder, was either a One or a Six.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

probably a 1w9 (ESE?)

e1 being critical - LSE-Si 1w9 so/sx (The Golden One)

James David Manning - SX/SP 1w2

Last edited by silke; 01-28-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1 (or 8) so/sp

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

educate impious men and you create but clever devils
    Last edited by Bertrand; 12-16-2017 at 08:22 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    James David Manning - SX/SP 1w2

Pastor Manning's such an utter buffoon that you can't help but love him.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

soc 1w2 i guess.. 127

TIM
    IEI-Ni 1w9 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    soc 1w2 i guess.. 127
    Nah, he's not. He thought he was e5 but decided e7 fit better (insofar as he agrees with ennneagram at all)
    Last edited by JC1; 12-17-2017 at 08:34 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    Nah, he's not. He thought he was e5 but decided e7 fit better (insofar as he agrees with enigma at all)
    Yeah he's so not a 5. Might be 7 but he seems so righteous and like a judge, and that's what 1 is. 1s want to create order and be in lead of that order. Which is what he does. Tons of people mistype themselves. What does thing you wrote in parantheses mean?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 1w9 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he's so not a 5. Might be 7 but he seems so righteous and like a judge, and that's what 1 is. 1s want to create order and be in lead of that order. Which is what he does. Tons of people mistype themselves. What does thing you wrote in parantheses mean?
    It should say "enneagram" instead of "enigma"- autocorrect I guess.

Anyway, I'm an E1, and he isn't. There is more to this than just being judge. He doesn't strike me as righteous or all that morally focused (at least, no more than 7s can be- 7s have a line to 1 anyway after all); most of his complaints are about people getting Socionics wrong or how Socionics is better than mbti, or how certain things in society annoy him (such as Progressives) because he thinks things are being overblown. He's just a typical ILE-Ti. Any judgementalness you are picking up is either him being Ti ego or being Fi PolR.

Social 127 is definitely out since that is one of the most lighthearted and involved 1s, more likely t act like a "fun" teacher and display much more interpersonal warmth than Jack does even at his best. Type 1 (esp. Social subtype) is also just at odds with Ne-Ti from he outset as well in my opinion.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Angel Clare - 1w2

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

most of his complaints are about people getting Socionics wrong or how Socionics is better than mbti, or how certain things in society annoy him (such as Progressives)
    Yeah, this is 1ish. He thinks he knows everything best, and he's the one who decides that. ding ding

Social 127 is definitely out since that is one of the most lighthearted and involved 1s, more likely t act like a "fun" teacher and display much more interpersonal warmth than Jack does even at his best. Type 1 (esp. Social subtype) is also just at odds with Ne-Ti from he outset as well in my opinion
    So you don't think he's lighthearted or fun, but you think he's a 7? I just don't follow your logic here at all.

What he is lacking from a core 7 is the risk part. He seems to come from his gut and like he "knows" all of this stuff from his gut, and is the best at it -- that's totally 1.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 1w9 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is 1ish. He thinks he knows everything best, and he's the one who decides that. ding ding
    You are acting like these are exclusively 1 traits; they aren't. There are many types that act like this, including ILE-Ti.

So you don't think he's lighthearted or fun, but you think he's a 7? I just don't follow your logic here at all.
    I don't think he's a 127, or 721 or 712. Not all 7s come off as lighthearted - they pursue what THEY think is fun and interesting. He's probably 7x3.

What he is lacking from a core 7 is the risk part. He seems to come from his gut and like he "knows" all of this stuff from his gut, and is the best at it -- that's totally 1.
    He doesn't seem to come from his gut to me; he seems to think he knows this stuff because he's studied it, and whatever issues I've had with Jack's typing skills I don't think he's ever claimed to be the "best" at it- you are reading into things. He's just speaking like someone who has studied Socionics in a fair amount o depth along with also studying Occupational Psychology for his degree- that and being an ILE-Ti is where his confidence in the soundness of his logic comes from.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is 1ish. He thinks he knows everything best, and he's the one who decides that. ding ding.
    If being a cocky know-it-all meant being a 1, a pretty large number of people on this forum and in the world at large (maybe even a majority) are E1. Except, they're not E1s. If he's looked at enneagram he can type himself I'm sure.

disclaimer: tried to watch videos of his before and just can't, so I'm not watching ones posted here either. The leading questions annoy me way too much. It's like "here, let me manipulate questions to a predetermined conclusion to convince you of the type that I've already decided you are while pretending that I'm not doing that. . ." I can't take them without wanting to punch something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    If being a cocky know-it-all meant being a 1, a pretty large number of people on this forum and in the world at large (maybe even a majority) are E1. Except, they're not E1s. If he's looked at enneagram he can type himself I'm sure.

disclaimer: tried to watch videos of his before and just can't, so I'm not watching ones posted here either. The leading questions annoy me way too much. It's like "here, let me manipulate questions to a predetermined conclusion to convince you of the type that I've already decided you are while pretending that I'm not doing that. . ." I can't take them without wanting to punch something.
    Sounds like you live in an E1 environment. This does not match my interpretation of people. Anyway it's probably not E1, enneagram is stupid anyway. It's ridiculous to think there's only 9 personality types. Why 9? There is no logical reason for it, it's just a number someone pulled out a bag, there may have been 10 if the guy that wrote it hadn't died.

And before you say it - socionics is not personality and there's a reason why there's 16 types!

So as one of the most logical types in the socion - you are LSI, why do you bother with it?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post

My impression is 1. Might change with other videos.
    It's not just him being a "know it all" it's that he's created that whole world socionics society thing or whatever and sees himself as the judge of everything, and he wants to put everything in order. order=1
    The way he speaks and explain things is very gut-like to me, the gut center is the center of knowing.
    You seem to think very highly of people if you think everyone can type themselves correctly.

But if he's not 1 then he's a social 7
    Last edited by maniac; 12-20-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    Sounds like you live in an E1 environment. This does not match my interpretation of people. Anyway it's probably not E1, enneagram is stupid anyway. It's ridiculous to think there's only 9 personality types. Why 9? There is no logical reason for it, it's just a number someone pulled out a bag, there may have been 10 if the guy that wrote it hadn't died.

And before you say it - socionics is not personality and there's a reason why there's 16 types!

So as one of the most logical types in the socion - you are LSI, why do you bother with it?
    Why do I bother with enneagram? I've talked about it before, and it has nothing to do with logic or whether the system makes sense or anything. It has to do with seeing myself in the health levels of the E1, knowing what I can be like when I'm at my worst, and recognizing that the suggestions work and what I'm like when I'm at my best. It mirrors my own life and my own experience and is therefore useful to me personally. It doesn't matter how many categories there are, it only matters that the ones that exist describe real issues that people have. And they do.

You don't pick up a psych textbook and ask, why are there only X number of disorders? Because imo, what enneagram is useful for is sorting out some of the kinds of disorders, coping mechanisms and drives people can and do have. I'm not interested at all in using it to categorize people into types. I can recognize when someone does or doesn't struggle with the same kinds of things I do, but in the end it's a personal determination and not a type theory. Which is also why I find all the tritypes and etc so pointless - it's like why be so interested in pinning yourself down to the last degree, telling the world you're some number on the enneagram, and doing nothing with that knowledge at all but try to put other people into boxes too? What's the point?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post

Dont you like socionics? Why 16 types?

The enneagram has 9 types because that's the amount of core fears that was identified in different people.
    The origins of it are unknown so it's not because "the guy who wrote it died", it's not one guy. 10 types wouldn't work because enneagram is built up on 3s and if they were 10 they wouldnt all be interconnected.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The enneagram has 9 types because that's the amount of core fears that was identified in different people. The origins of it are unknown
    The lack of a imagination and a knowledge for practical use to describe more types.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

[QUOTE=silke;1081646]Yvonne Strahovski - 1w9 (Gamma)

I'm curious what type Yvonne Strahovski is considered to be. Being a 1w9 (Gamma) myself, I find myself intrigued.

Cheers!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The lack of a imagination and a knowledge for practical use to describe more types.
    I haven't noticed any other types. Everyone has one major 'problem' (illusion) that fits into one of the types, and then smaller ones which is the tritype.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    Anyway, I'm an E1, and he isn't. There is more to this than just being judge. He doesn't strike me as righteous or all that morally focused (at least, no more than 7s can be- 7s have a line to 1 anyway after all); most of his complaints are about people getting Socionics wrong or how Socionics is better than mbti, or how certain things in society annoy him (such as Progressives) because he thinks things are being overblown. He's just a typical ILE-Ti. Any judgementalness you are picking up is either him being Ti ego or being Fi PolR.

Social 127 is definitely out since that is one of the most lighthearted and involved 1s, more likely t act like a "fun" teacher and display much more interpersonal warmth than Jack does even at his best. Type 1 (esp. Social subtype) is also just at odds with Ne-Ti from he outset as well in my opinion.
    Agreed, he's likely a Social 3w2. There was a girl in one of the enneagram groups who are years of searching has discovered her type to be SEE so/sp 3w2 and others have commented how much she is like Jack. Anyone who knows the history of WSS also knows there have been quite a bit of deceit involved in it, the weak point of the 3s, and that his group's aggressive spread and attempted takeovers of other groups points to an assertive triad type (3-7-8).

Quote Originally Posted by thatjester View Post
    I'm curious what type Yvonne Strahovski is considered to be. Being a 1w9 (Gamma) myself, I find myself intrigued.

Cheers!
    Gamma rational would seem fitting for her, something like ESI-Se. I'm going to retype her since I've gathered more examples of 1w9s and there are some dissimilarities there.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Savonarola: another archetypal sx One.
    "The best, and the worst, that can be said of the tempestuous friar is that he loved God so passionately that he had very little love left for man."

There is also Tomas de Torquemada, the Grand Inquisitor of Spain:

Notice that they were both members of the Dominican Order.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vandieu View Post

Cato the Younger, to me, is one of the archetypal sx/so Ones of history. His ancestor, Cato the Elder, was either a One or a Six.
    Now that I think about it he may have been more of an so/sp. The same for Torquemada.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"boils our disturbed reason..."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ven. Fulton J. Sheen: 1w2 so/sx
    Last edited by Dauphin; 01-17-2018 at 05:20 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joseph de Maistre: ILI-Te 1w9 sp/sx

“War is thus divine in itself, since it is a law of the world. War is divine through its consequences of a supernatural nature which are as much general as particular. War is divine in the mysterious glory that surrounds it and in the no less inexplicable attraction that draws us to it. War is divine by the manner in which it breaks out.”

“To hear these defenders of democracy talk, one would think that the people deliberate like a committee of wise men, whereas in truth judicial murders, foolhardy undertakings, wild choices, and above all foolish and disastrous wars are eminently the prerogatives of this form of government."

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Literally written about Type 1 as part of the singer's project to document all Enneagram types:

But the list goes on forever,
    of all the ways I could be better, in my mind.
    As if I could earn God’s favor given time,
    or at least “congratulations”.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.insightfulinnovations.com...ication-styles

Enneagram Communication Styles - Type 1
    Talk Style: Proselytizing, teaching, preaching, informing, telling, educating and elevating.

Energy: Rigid, upright, stiff, contained, solid, stoic, elegant, polished, assured.

Image Statement: I am right; I am good; I know best; I want perfection. One's want to communicate to the world that they have it together, and are competent, right, and good moral people even though internally they may feel the opposite.

Conflict Style: Faultfinding, nitpicking, condescending, poker faced, unemotional (or explosive if pushed too far), moralizing, admonishing. One's are triggered by being told they are wrong and will go on the offensive if their character is attacked. They may become moralizing or scolding. Some One's may retreat for fear of emotional display or may seem cold and distant.

Resolving Conflict: Do not tell them they are wrong, but rather find a way you can validate their opinion while holding your ground. Try to avoid the words wrong, incorrect, or bad all together while in an argument lest you escalate it. Help them see the ways in which they are being angry or hurtful (in a gentle way, as 1s have a fear of their own anger).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"...Let noble rage arise like a tide. It's going the people's war, the sacred war..."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hendrik Verwoerd: LSI-Ti 1w9 so/sp

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

e1 LSE

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Douglas Murray - 1w9 so/sx (LII?)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    "People do this unhealthy thing so they shouldn't care when people do this unhealthy thing also stereotypes about straight men because I can."

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    "People do this unhealthy thing so they shouldn't care when people do this unhealthy thing also stereotypes about straight men because I can."
    ^Perfect example of why you are a 1 yourself

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast