Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type this girl

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this girl.

Yeah, I know her VERY well so I also know her type, I just want to see what everyone else's opinion is.

I have noticed that when we are out in public, she has a habit of drawing attention to herself when she doesn't even want it. She may randomly break out into dance (whether there's music playing or not, lol). Often times, much older people approach her just to tell her that they saw her dancing or whatever (once a guy about 75 seemed like he was hitting on her ). But, she doesn't seem to like too much attention. If too many people look at her at once, she'll nervously smile, crouch her head down, or bounce up and down on her toes. Speaking of which, she always has to be playing with something with her hands or she gets nervous. This may include playing with a bottle, feeling a table, or poking herself with her fingers.

When you first met her, she may seem innocently shy, but around her friends she is pretty much a chatter-box and a laugh-receptor. She mostly just enjoys goofing around. She doesn't really like to be overly-formal with people, she tells them to "chillax", and she uses a bunch informal slang and so on.

One thing that she gets nervous over is the fear of people not liking her. There are people that she's known very well for a long time, yet she still gets paranoid that they generally don't feel as strongly about her that she does about them. I think she has a fear that all of her friends are basically "using" her or something. Don't know why. I think she basically lacks confidence in things that she's self-critical about.

One bad thing I can say is that she seems to have a hard time following through with things. You have to basically check up on her to make sure that she doesn't forget things that were planned out. She also has a habit of making herself feel superior over other people by pointing out flaws in what they say. If you're generally a conscientious speller and you spell something wrong, she'll tease you about it, if you're generally good with math and you make a mistake with something, then she'll laugh at you for it, and so on.

Those are just somethings off the top of my head.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She sounds a lot like my aunt (except for a few things) who I still can't decide if she's ISFp or ISFj. So ISFx maybe?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    So ISFx maybe?
    Actually, I 'll change that to ISFp/ENFp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only skim read it but ENFp seems a possibility
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFP?
    INFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that she also pays very close attention to people's idiosynchracies and movements and so on and enjoys mimicking them. She's good at noticing little things about people. If you seem to act differently all of a sudden she'll call you out on it.

And, umm... not ENFP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not ESFj either, right?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obviously IXFp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an Extravert at all. Niffweed's right here. She's ISFP. I guess you can say ISFPs and ENFPs have *some* similiarities. I know ENFPs, and no offense here because you know I like you all, but I think her Introversion is part of what draws me to her. See, I just find that I can connect more on a personal level with Introverts, from experience.

And now I'll wait for the God's of Socionics to smite me down.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely IXFP
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of ISFp even before Rocky mentioned it. And it's a validation of dichtomies - she's a Negativist.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I was thinking of ISFp even before Rocky mentioned it. And it's a validation of dichtomies - she's a Negativist.
    Care to explain?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    She also has a habit of making herself feel superior over other people by pointing out flaws in what they say. If you're generally a conscientious speller and you spell something wrong, she'll tease you about it, if you're generally good with math and you make a mistake with something, then she'll laugh at you for it, and so on.
    This sounds Negativist.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She also has a habit of making herself feel superior over other people by pointing out flaws in what they say. If you're generally a conscientious speller and you spell something wrong, she'll tease you about it, if you're generally good with math and you make a mistake with something, then she'll laugh at you for it, and so on.
    This sounds Negativist.
    But don't INFPs do this too?

EDIT/// I was thinking myself that this was related to a poor Thinking function. Possibally poor Te?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds Negativist.

EDIT/// I was thinking myself that this was related to a poor Thinking function. Possibally poor Te?
    Does no one have an opinion on this?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know but that's the one thing I didn't relate to. I don't think I'd ever do that in any circumstance.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

This sounds Negativist.
    I do that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well FWIW INTPs are also supposed to be "Negativists".
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I don't know but that's the one thing I didn't relate to. I don't think I'd ever do that in any circumstance.
    Wait, you mean you do this too?

Speaking of which, she always has to be playing with something with her hands or she gets nervous. This may include playing with a bottle, feeling a table, or poking herself with her fingers.
    I didn't know ENFPs did that. It actually seems more Sensory to me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. The one INFp I had close contact with - I shared an office with him - seemed neutral to positive as far as I recall. But I don't think it's related to Te. After all, ESTjs are also negativists *shrugs*.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of which, she always has to be playing with something with her hands or she gets nervous. This may include playing with a bottle, feeling a table, or poking herself with her fingers.
    Yes, I have nervous physical habits. Twirling my hair, feeling fabric from my clothes, playing with a pencil . . . depends on what's available.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. The one INFp I had close contact with - I shared an office with him - seemed neutral to positive as far as I recall. But I don't think it's related to Te. After all, ESTjs are also negativists *shrugs*.
    Are you saying that ESTJs *do* act like this, or they *don't* do this? Because, I said it was poor Te IMO... which if true would be as annoying to ESTJs as it is to ENTJs (in theory). Also, Sara could be INFP like Joy said.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have nervous physical habits. Twirling my hair, feeling fabric from my clothes, playing with a pencil . . . depends on what's available.
    Interesting.

That's what's called somatic processing which I thought was Sensing related.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying that ESTJs *do* act like this, or they *don't* do this? Because, I said it was poor Te IMO... which if true would be as annoying to ESTJs as it is to ENTJs (in theory). Also, Sara could be INFP like Joy said.
    I am saying that ESTjs are Negativists in theory -- I can't say that I have that much experience with them IRL to state clearly that it is a typical trait. The types that are very typically Negative IME are INTps and ISFps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am saying that ESTjs are Negativists in theory -- I can't say that I have that much experience with them IRL to state clearly that it is a typical trait. The types that are very typically Negative IME are INTps and ISFps.
    Well, I guess it's still up for debate whether this is a "Negativist" trait we're talking about, or a poor Te trait we're talking about. I'm trying to recall if my Dad does this a lot, though (the picking at factual miscalculations/shortcomings to short of feel "superior" thing, I mean). I don't think he does it quite like that (even IF he is negative, which he probably is).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

That's what's called somatic processing which I thought was Sensing related.
    No idea. I've always done it though. I remember doing it when I was quite young.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Rocky, as I understand it from expat and fdg, ethical subtype enfps have more than other enfps. So maybe that's why I do it.

?? Dunno.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Rocky, as I understand it from expat and fdg, ethical subtype enfps have more than other enfps. So maybe that's why I do it.

?? Dunno.
    Maybe. I wonder if other ENFPs do this?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulenko
    During conversation ENTps like to play with objects, like a pen for example, often accidentally breaking it.
    that's not a sensing type either.

http://www.socionics.com/prof/entp.htm

i do it a good deal as well, nicky.

i initially thought this girl was ESFj, but ISFp sounds good!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulenko
    During conversation ENTps like to play with objects, like a pen for example, often accidentally breaking it.
    that's not a sensing type either.

http://www.socionics.com/prof/entp.htm

i do it a good deal as well, nicky.
    Maybe it's a similar thing but done quite differently. For example, the ENxP needing more then one thing to do at a time (nervous habit? multi-tasking?), with the ISxP (S? SP? IP?) taking more of an interest in what something feels like for example?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's a similar thing but done quite differently. For example, the ENxP needing more then one thing to do at a time (nervous habit? multi-tasking?), with the ISxP (S? SP? IP?) taking more of an interest in what something feels like for example?
    that sounds pretty good to me. it also explains why ISXp and ENXp types get along (they both do some somatic processing due to role.) seeks and vice versa!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, then let me explain a little more. This girl is definately the latter in that case. For example, she may be sitting in a chair not paying attention to other people having a conversation, with her head down, poking away at her leg with her fingers. Really hard to describe.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fidgit with things too. Infact that was what one ISTP pointed out to me. Im always grabbing things and feeling them, examining them. I may twiddle them or rock them back and forth in my hand or try to combine them with something else. I dont like to buy things on-line for that reason. I like to see and touch what it is Im buying, testing its strength and seeing its construction and color.
    I heard it once said: Any man, who when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, does not try it on his head is not to be trusted.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat: having thought about it more, I could say that both the INTP and the ISFP I know are "negative"... but I think it's better to call them both pessimists instead. That's one thing that I've noticed those two have in common. They always expect the worse of a situation I expect the best from. However, I still think it's misleading to call an ISFP "negative" because that brings along with it a bunch of connotations that I don't believe are true about the type. But pessimistic... yeah.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I could say that both the INTP and the ISFP I know are "negative"... but I think it's better to call them both pessimists instead. That's one thing that I've noticed those two have in common. They always expect the worse of a situation I expect the best from.
    Then I must have mistyped myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I could say that both the INTP and the ISFP I know are "negative"... but I think it's better to call them both pessimists instead. That's one thing that I've noticed those two have in common. They always expect the worse of a situation I expect the best from.
    Then I must have mistyped myself.
    Oh? Are you pessimistic?

I think it's kind of funny... I, as an IST, have a natural ability to believe that something good will come out of what I do. My INT Dad and my ISF friend both think to have the immediate reaction that things will never work out for them best (just as two examples). This is in line with what Smiling Eyes said awhile.

I think it has something to do with the ISF acting on his own terms, he chooses when to act, and acts when he chooses, but is also unclear in his own mind exactly why it is he chooses what he does, so he becomes negative about the outcome. INT on the other hand, is also pessimistic, because he again acts on his own terms, but sees little need to act on anything, and in this case (unfortunately) has a clear understanding of his non-action on top of that, those making him turn cycnical at the world.

At least that's the theory.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh? Are you pessimistic?
    Most of the time (and in general), yes.

I think it's kind of funny... I, as an IST, have a natural ability to believe that something good will come out of what I do. My INT Dad and my ISF friend both think to have the immediate reaction that things will never work out for them best (just as two examples). This is in line with what Smiling Eyes said awhile.
    When you say IST, (INT, ISF) are you reffering to both (rational and irrational) types or do you exclude the last letter because of MBTI misunderstandings (or something else)?

I think it has something to do with the ISF acting on his own terms, he chooses when to act, and acts when he chooses, but is also unclear in his own mind exactly why it is he chooses what he does, so he becomes negative about the outcome. INT on the other hand, is also pessimistic, because he again acts on his own terms, but sees little need to act on anything, and in this case (unfortunately) has a clear understanding of his non-action on top of that, those making him turn cycnical at the world.

At least that's the theory.
    Well, I can relate to both of your theories. I definitely act on my own terms, solely independent, and sometimes that makes me feel kind of separated from the world and other people. I am not sure about being "unclear" about why I choose to do what I do, but I never spend to much thought analyzing my motivations. I know that nothing I do is without a reason, everything I do is provoked by something else and every action I take is sort of a re-action. It's true that many times I don't see any need to act or do anything which makes me very passive and ambition-less at times. Further on I turn in to a lazy, cynical preak, complaining about everything and doing nothing to improve it(at least what I CAN improve). Acknowledging the fact that I cannot lift my self up and "do things" instead of complaining, makes me feel bad about myself. I can loose all my motivation and if things turn out badly and even the little expactations I 've had become unrealized, then I become depressive and even self-distructive. And it all leads to increasing my pessimism as I am growing up.

By the way, I don't see how an ISTp would differ much from an ISFp (or an INTp) in regards to this matter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh? Are you pessimistic?
    Then we disagree on this part.

When you say IST, (INT, ISF) are you reffering to both (rational and irrational) types or do you exclude the last letter because of MBTI misunderstandings (or something else)?
    J/P doesn't matter here.

According to Smiling Eyes;

Positive= IST, INF, ENT, ESF

Negative= INT, ISF, EST, ENF

http://the16types.info/forums/index.php

Well, I can relate to both of your theories. I definitely act on my own terms, solely independent, and sometimes that makes me feel kind of separated from the world and other people.
    I

I am not sure about being "unclear" about why I choose to do what I do, but I never spend to much thought analyzing my motivations. I know that nothing I do is without a reason, everything I do is provoked by something else and every action I take is sort of a re-action.
    T

It's true that many times I don't see any need to act or do anything which makes me very passive and ambition-less at times. Further on I turn in to a lazy, cynical preak, complaining about everything and doing nothing to improve it(at least what I CAN improve). Acknowledging the fact that I cannot lift my self up and "do things" instead of complaining, makes me feel bad about myself. I can loose all my motivation and if things turn out badly and even the little expactations I 've had become unrealized, then I become depressive and even self-distructive. And it all leads to increasing my pessimism as I am growing up.
    N

AT LEAST that's what one would believe if using this dichotomies stuff (thanks to smilex). According to what you just said, you fit the INT profile; negativism (or I think pessimism is better).

By the way, I don't see how an ISTp would differ much from an ISFp (or an INTp) in regards to this matter.
    http://the16types.info/forums/index.php

EDIT/// don't click on the links, they're not working for some reason. They only bring you to the forum home page. I wanted to connect them to Smiling Eye's threads. Oh well. They're in Gamma if you wanna find them.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh? Are you pessimistic?
    Then we disagree on this part.
    I don't get it, we disagree on what? You think I 'm optimistic ? I am not saying that ISTs are pessimistic, just that I am. I do think that I am an IST and a pessimist though. And you haven't given me any reason not to believe that. Nevertheless, I do remember reading somewhere about ISTps being pessimistic, which goes against your believe.

EDIT/// don't click on the links, they're not working for some reason. They only bring you to the forum home page. I wanted to connect them to Smiling Eye's threads. Oh well. They're in Gamma if you wanna find them.
    Yes, I 'll definitely look for them. I have read some of Smiling Eyes topics but I know there's a lot I haven't gone thru.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast