Thread: is american schooling biased towards Ti/Fe valueing type?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default is american schooling biased towards Ti/Fe valueing type?

i would love to see discussion on this whether agree or disagree. but i find that american school seems to be in favour of Ti types (the academic part) and Fe types (the social part). but i could just be jaded since i am still in school and am resentful/contemptous of my peers (and my weakest function is Ti). is it true? or am i just self-referenceing?

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, but Alpha > Beta. Se dominants, in particular, are often diagnosed with "ADHD"/learning and behavioral disorders within Alpha leaning institutions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, school and academia grade-wise is generally the domain of Ti and the competency enneagram types (1,3 and 5). I was naturally able to get to good grades in school but I still absolutely despised doing school work.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Agreed, but Alpha > Beta. Se dominants, in particular, are often diagnosed with "ADHD"/learning and behavioral disorders within Alpha leaning institutions.
    i was somehow able to dodge the ADHD diagnosis (i was tested) but i often feel forced to use Ti in situations where i normally use Ni. using Ni in a Ti context is how i end up looking weird stupid and offhand. for this reason ive come to fear Ti and that might be why i'm wary of "smart" people.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post
    i would love to see discussion on this whether agree or disagree. but i find that american school seems to be in favour of Ti types (the academic part) and Fe types (the social part). but i could just be jaded since i am still in school and am resentful/contemptous of my peers (and my weakest function is Ti). is it true? or am i just self-referenceing?
    Beta types rule the world so they decided to create a shity communist education system. Alpha and betas are the children of the types.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Funny, I kinda always thought the opposite. Forced schooling always felt like a bureaucratic Te thing to me. If there was strong Fe it always felt rather fakey and manipulative and IEE unvalued Fe demo-y. And well besides, I think not wanting to be controlled by the Gestapo isn't really type related anyway.

As for Te/Ti, it has both- it's based on academics. The Fe/Fi stuff is things you see more in movies/tv shows that doesn't really exist in real life. It's meant to teach ppl cold and dry logical things even if ppl get distracted by the social emotionality Carrie-ness of it. It always felt void of both, unless it was some IEE teacher/counselor teaching ppl how to have fake Fe to manipulate other people in life because they lacked logic.

The cringe social Fe thing schools try to enforce on others- it seems as time goes on this gets more and more prevalent but in my generation it wasn't as extreme, people expected school to teach you more logical things- and it was even more like this in my parent's generation etc.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Going by Jung.
    God tier: TS,
    Good tier: TN, ST,
    Ok tier: NT,
    May God have mercy upon your soul tier: Rest.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    Beta types rule the world so they decided to create a shity communist education system. Alpha and betas are the children of the types.
    @Alonzo

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> my weakest function is Ti

strenght of both variants of a function is same. skills may differ for them
    for your type is useful to get opinions by a video and a questionnaire

> american school seems to be in favour of Ti types (the academic part) and Fe types (the social part)

Only in case such would be in a society in general, as shools prepear people for that society.
    For USA, at least in its propaganda facade, the values of being pleasant for others (Fi) and to seek for reasonable profit (Te) are very important.
    So the described bias is doubtful.

A bias may to be on the level of concrete teachers in concrete school. Their types influence on their behavior, perception and how deal with others.
    Generally those teachers are a group, - they are not independent and hence people of some types may to have preferences there, including by types traits. They have a superior, for him are most favoried/respected - types is among what influences on this. After years this may lead that people of some types values become more in a quantity and other ones may adopt in the behavior to fit the trend.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Soapy Water View Post
    Funny, I kinda always thought the opposite. Forced schooling always felt like a bureaucratic Te thing to me. If there was strong Fe it always felt rather fakey and manipulative and IEE unvalued Fe demo-y. And well besides, I think not wanting to be controlled by the Gestapo isn't really type related anyway.

As for Te/Ti, it has both- it's based on academics. The Fe/Fi stuff is things you see more in movies/tv shows that doesn't really exist in real life. It's meant to teach ppl cold and dry logical things even if ppl get distracted by the social emotionality Carrie-ness of it. It always felt void of both, unless it was some IEE teacher/counselor teaching ppl how to have fake Fe to manipulate other people in life because they lacked logic.

The cringe social Fe thing schools try to enforce on others- it seems as time goes on this gets more and more prevalent but in my generation it wasn't as extreme, people expected school to teach you more logical things- and it was even more like this in my parent's generation etc.
    I've heard first-world countries have less STEM and that might be related. Now we're in a huge economic slump because mostly immigrants are doing STEM. The worst thing about it is, when you end up in those economic slumps because no one's doing STEM, the media gets way worse and the prices of food go up, so what is there for people to even be distracted by?

The real secret, though, is STEM itself is actually fun. The issue promoting it, I think, is science is kind of inherently not conformist. Bill Nye the Science Guy doesn't even have a science degree and deserves the label of pseudoscientist if there ever were one, but on the other hand, probably no one would invent cell phones today because they were based on communicators for Star Trek and we all know only huge loser dorks like you see on The Big Bang Theory would ever watch Star Trek, cool people watch, well, The Big Bang Theory. And now Rick and Morty is getting #MeTooed even though there's no evidence so far either Justin Roiland or Dan Harmon did anything, just accusations. So Big Bang Theory calling scientists dorks, yes, we get a Young Sheldon sequel that no one wanted, Rick and Morty treating Rick like a mythological deity who beats up multiversal monsters while acting like a huge edgelord, never. Science is for dweebs, kids! Don't do science or you'll become Sheldon Cooper and definitely not Rick! (Granted, Rick is a jerk but he gets better over time, people should be allowed to be depicted growing and improving.)

Most American schooling is biased toward the various -industrial complexes, so probably gamma Te/Fi if it has any bias.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

STEM is BS. What they want is TE. A science is just some form of esoteric crap to engineer's ears. Who really wnats to employ a scientist or a mathematician as in doing what their education says?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason why first world countries lack stem is because 1st world countries cost for education is way too high. By the time you graduate you're like over 100k in debt. Unless you decide the comnubity college route. Secondly we live in hostile social environment in the west. Most kids grow up without a father and lack basic life skills. Basic needs for parental love aren't met thus limiting a childs potential.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr provocateur View Post
    Going by Jung.
    God tier: TS,
    Good tier: TN, ST,
    Ok tier: NT,
    May God have mercy upon your soul tier: Rest.
    Interesting, from my rl experience, LSE, LIE and LII usually are students with highest grade. LSI Ti, SLI - Te are pretty good too.

SLE are too busy fighting so not very good but not bad either.

ILE and ILI care less about grade or what are teaching in school, and more into their own N ideas so ok also make sense.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    Interesting, from my rl experience, LSE, LIE and LII usually are students with highest grade. LSI Ti, SLI - Te are pretty good too.

SLE are too busy fighting so not very good but not bad either.

ILE and ILI care less about grade or what are teaching in school, and more into their own N ideas so ok also make sense.
    The mindset of the institution can twist stuff a lot.
    I think the clearest difference in terms of grading i experienced was in uni. Physics test: I really like how you tried to solve this although it did not give the correct answer. 5/6. Mathematics: so you begun deriving bunch of weird equations that was never taught but I can not understand this step. Even when the answer is correct and gives fully functioning general case solution which was never asked I will give you 0/6. There was an easier way (... but it did not satisfy me).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably, but IDK. I'd assume delta quadra ST would have an easier time in school because of work ethic.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not always, because math class asks you to show your work and Ti hates having to show their work or do a math equation in a certain method only to get an answer they figured out all on their own. But school is 100% geared towards Si.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Probably, but IDK. I'd assume delta quadra ST would have an easier time in school because of work ethic.
    I fking hated school. Maybe LSEs might be good at kissing a teachers ass.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI ESE SLI LSI LII IEE held the best grades.
    i am not american but i doubt it differs in thaat way.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50 percent of the population is halved, Te │ Fe and so on with functions.

Half the population are not logical types. 25 percent of the population are Te thinking types. These types know how to arrange things orderly to make it function. It's efficiency logic.

Whether in a tribe in Africa, or a corporation in Europe, Te is needed for the skeleton, so it can walk. America's thinking is productivity, and everyone is trained for that, and the textbook logic in school is extraverted thinking.

Ti is personal logical consistency, just like Fi is personal value consistency, albeit what makes sense to them. There are no textbooks for Ti or Fi.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by To B or to B View Post
    America's thinking is productivity, and everyone is trained for that, and the textbook logic in school is extraverted thinking.
    then why is it that so many american students see no value in their school-work (myself included)? surely if Te is more pronounced in education, we'd learn "pragmatic" tools for the "Real world". but instead what we learn seems haphazard.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then why is it that so many american students see no value in their school-work (myself included)? surely if Te is more pronounced in education, we'd learn "pragmatic" tools for the "Real world". but instead what we learn seems haphazard.
    Te is interface logic. Those are the things we use when fixing a car. The logic in the manual is extraverted thinking. There is no Ti in there. The Ti is saying to yourself, '' oh, i understand how one part relates to another, and it couldn't function in another way.'' Everyone uses Ti more or less. Te thinking types are good with Ti also. It informs Te if something is logically sound. Just like Fe types feeling types understand Fi just in the same stroke.

If the system seems illogical, it's still Te interface logic as the systems, that give it life.

If you had a panel of ENTJs and they had all the data they needed, in theory if given carte blanche, could arrange it to where everything worked. They do it in faltering corporations.

It's the philosophy of life that is corrupt, and it's too big to see. The forest is too big.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know whether the OP is referring to grade school, public school, private schools, or higher education. Based on context I would guess they are referring to public grade school. Nobody really likes the public school system of education anymore. It has a Normalizing trait, ie everyone needs to learn the same stuff at the same pace with the same rules. It could be LSI-N.

Private education such as Montessori schools havs EIE traits (creativity, but also elitism). I think Maria Montessori was EIE.

From experience, the American public school system doesn't teach pragmatism. It doesn't teach critical thinking either. It introduces you to topics superficially, but does so in a way that you don't develop expertise or a novel approach to the topics through critical thinking.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I understand this. I don't think the topics are completely haphazard, though, but I get it isn't really explained (or if it is, it isn't enough) why you need those skills or topics so it seems imposed randomly.

TIM
    SCS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually got good grades, my test scores were usually high but I struggled to turn in assignments. I learned pretty quickly, and I never got the point of moving so slow in class, it's not like I have a bad memory when it comes to information. Plus, there are a billion other things I'd rather be learning now that would actually help me in the future, when I have a secured job that I am passionate about, then I can waste time learning a bunch of useless information.