5 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Existential Psychodynamics – Example: Rape

. . . To elucidate further its existential interpretation we need to understand the vicious circle by which not only antic obscuration supports lust, but lust, in its impetuous grasping of the tangible, entails an impoverishment of tender qualities and subtlety which results in a loss of wholeness and thus in a loss of being. It is as if the lusty character, in his impatience for satisfaction, shifts to an excessively concrete notion of his goal as pleasure, wealth, triumph, and so forth-only to find that this reaching, substituted for being, leaves him forever dissatisfied, craving intensity.

The situation may be explained through the paradigm of the rapist-an extrapolation of the lusty predator's approach to life. He has given up the expectation of being wanted, to say nothing of love. He takes for granted that he will only get what he takes. As a taker, he could not succeed if he were to be concerned with the fancy of other people's feelings. The way to be a winner is clear: to put winning before all else; likewise, the way to having one's needs met is to forget the other. The world without others of the more anti-social ennea-type VIII, however, is no more full of true aliveness than that of the schizoid ennea- type V. Just as the schizoid misses the experience of value and being through the loss of relationship, so does the psychopath, in spite of seeming to be contactful, involved, and brimming with intense emotion.

. . .

Hidden as it may be behind the enthusiastic expansiveness, jollity, and seductive charm of the lusty, it is the loss of relationship, the suppression of tenderness, and the denial of the love need that result in the loss of wholeness and sense of being.

Ennea-type VIII pursues being, then, in pleasure and in the power to find his pleasure, yet through an insistence on overpowering becomes incapable of receiving-when being can only be known in a receptive attitude. . . .
    – Claudio Naranjo, Character and Neurosis: An Integrative View
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

in other words, the type 8 precludes getting what they really want in how they go about trying to get it. which is really the lesson of all 9 types, just with differing specifics. the type 8 pursues being in terms of pleasure and power, but being is a product, first of all, of receptiveness-- to first realize what it is you're aiming at and why; to skip over that renders most goals empty and the process of doing so constitutes a waste of time, that for as long as one is preoccupied with it, precludes achievement of the deeper true goal. it sounds a lot like the Se/Ni relationship with Se types frequently skipping to whether or not they can vs whether or not they should. the definition of the type 8 is then the proclivity to double down on the process thus deepening the problem--i.e. continually taking the lesson to be "more force is needed to get what I want" when the opposite is true, and required to untie the knot they're in

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Damn am I intimidated by that hair. Practical too.
    Last edited by Grendel; 08-06-2017 at 07:27 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Freelee on youtube is such an 8 Her video titles are attention-grabbing and (some) people hate her because she is so honest and straight-forward, sometimes to a fault. Quick typing of her: sp/sx 8w9, 874

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Powerful social eight performance! More SO/SP than SO/SX.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

8w7 so/sp (LSE) - Till Lindemann

8w7 sp/so (SEE) - Phil Anselmo

8w9 syn-flow (ESE) - Erik Aude

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was my favorite concert of theirs.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...So not only is any toddler throwing a tantrum an 8, any unattractive and not particularly intellectually gifted woman also is! What ever would I do without you to inform me about the nuances of the great enneagram?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    He was obsessed with the idea of innocence and justice, which are common central themes for 8s.
    There is also a certain fearlessness and recklessness about him that CP 6s do not really have. He's just being ruthless, and has "anger issues".
    Also, he is unable to feel "tender emotions" or allow himself to feel vulnerable emotions, which is very typical of an average to unhealthy 8.
    Sounds like a very hardened 1, except he's not disintegrating to 4 so probably core 6. The clip of Watchmen I had to see was awful, and I haven't read the comics, so I can't judge much. "I can't feel anymore, waaah!" is a sort of un-self-aware 4ish tendency and depressive, so probably 4-6-1 tritype like ******, who was also mistyped as E8 earlier in the thread.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an interesting article on defense mechanisms which focuses on 8s and denial: http://www.cherylmcmillan.com/using-...-as-a-defense/

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default An 846's move

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

8 so/sp

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

More 846 - Truth Teller

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

likely SX/SO

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Phil in "Groundhog Day": Growth of Type 8 by moving to Type 2

The core of the plot in "Groundhog Day" is the personal growth of its protagonist Phil.
    He starts out as a grumpy, unlikable jerk with an unjustifiably high opinion of himself.

As he realizes he keeps experiencing the same day over and over again, he eventually moves to average 5 and tries to develop his expertise at various different things (which is also similar to Type 7; average to unhealthy 5s can slip into Type 7 behavior), mainly out of boredom.

After that, he falls into despair, and decides to kill himself – over and over again. This sequence symbolizes the Death of the Ego. Before you can rebuild the new You, your Old self has to die. For Phil, this has to happen for several times until he "gets it".

After that, he tells Rita that "He's a God". One could interpret this statement as him not having truly overcome his Ego yet, for he seemingly still continues to see himself as grandiose; but watching the complete scene when he goes through everyone's personal history and likes in a caring manner (the sign of him having moved to Type 2, amongst other signs previously and following), it becomes apparent that Phil's Ego has indeed died, and that this death makes him feel more free than ever before, or ironically "immortal", in his words.

Here are his previous "errands" or good deeds, a strong sign of him having finally moved to Type 2.

In this context, it makes perfect sense for Phil's Groundhog Day to finally end once he's shown care for others and helped them, as well as let himself be truly vulnerable with the woman he loves (and not just tries to have sex with her). Or in other words, once he's overcome the limitations of his Ego and has moved to Type 2 in a positive way.

"Groundhog Day" is a great movie about how our Ego limits ourselves, and how we tend to get stuck in a rut where everything keeps happening the same way over and over again, and until we realize this and try to make the best out of the life and self we are given, and try to better ourselves, nothing will ever change.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 08-24-2017 at 07:00 AM.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My type 8 rant

It's really important to choose what you feed your mind with.

Because it will make or destroy you.

It's also important to take notice of what you do. Because it will make or destroy you as well.

I've been distracting myself with useless things that doesn't really help me with my future.

I believe that it's important to do productive things NOW.

And stop doing things that will gain no benefit for the future.

I'm not being hard on myself. Because the last time i get easy on myself, I'm producing NOTHING. Yes. It blinds me to be happy for now.. But then, for me, it doesn't feel so fulfilling.

Probably i should prioritize what's best for me FIRST. then do whatever the fuck i want later.

It's a matter of priority.

Time is running so fast. I just don't wanna be stagnant or be the same person as before. I wanna level up every day of my life.

To build some skills necessary for myself.

I cannot understand why some people always go for NETWORKING over Building necessary skills..

My mother once told me as well, i should build connections..

But i cannot understand her point. Why rely on others when you can just do it on your own?

So instead bumming around and using people, build skills that will make people chase after you.. Rather you chasing after people.

That's all.

Sometimes seeing pile of bullshits makes me open my eyes 👀.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    My type 8 rant

It's also important to take notice of what you do. Because it will make or destroy you as well.

I've been distracting myself with useless things that doesn't really help me with my future.

I'm not being hard on myself. Because the last time i get easy on myself, I'm producing NOTHING. Yes. It blinds me to be happy for now.. But then, for me, it doesn't feel so fulfilling.

Probably i should prioritize what's best for me FIRST. then do whatever the fuck i want later.

Time is running so fast. I just don't wanna be stagnant or be the same person as before. I wanna level up every day of my life.

I cannot understand why some people always go for NETWORKING over Building necessary skills..

But i cannot understand her point. Why rely on others when you can just do it on your own?

So instead bumming around and using people, build skills that will make people chase after you.. Rather you chasing after people.

That's all.

Sometimes seeing pile of bullshits makes me open my eyes .

sounds like 7 more than 8, and social last (not seeing the value in networking and building connections)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    sounds like 7 more than 8, and social last (not seeing the value in networking and building connections)
    Really? Because it doesn't really help for real.

People looks pathetic when they run over someone.
    Okay sorry for people running over someone. But it's actually true.
    They don't know the word, "no".
    And reality bites, if someone runs over you just because he needs something, what would you feel?

"this someone is just using me to get something from me.."
    - Which is true. (Network marketing)

I'm actually talking about networking here okay. (work related)

Building genuine connections like friendship is something i treasure.
    But work related, building network to get a job is stupid for me. Get a fucking skill. Study. Pursue something. Don't be a fucking leech.

But ofcourse you can ask for help for someone. Just ask for help. But don't expect that you will get something you want just because of that someone. There are rules. And even if you get something from someone, it still depends on your skills if you will going to last on something you have achieved just because of connections.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

People looks pathetic when they run over someone.
    Okay sorry for people running over someone. But it's actually true.
    They don't know the word, "no".
    And reality bites, if someone runs over you just because he needs something, what would you feel?
    I dont understand what youre saying here

"this someone is just using me to get something from me.."
    - Which is true. (Network marketing)

I'm actually talking about networking here okay. (work related)

Building genuine connections like friendship is something i treasure.
    But work related, building network to get a job is stupid for me. Get a fucking skill. Study. Pursue something. Don't be a fucking leech.

But ofcourse you can ask for help for someone. Just ask for help. But don't expect that you will get something you want just because of that someone. There are rules. And even if you get something from someone, it still depends on your skills if you will going to last on something you have achieved just because of connections.

Building connections for work is self-preservation and social co-operating, so it's the most natural for someone sx last, mostly sp/so because they are doing it for the benefit of work and career

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Frank Sinatra was a 8w7 I've read! I mean he still makes headlines like this one:

Womanizer Frank Sinatra wanted to 'save Marilyn Monroe by marrying her': New book reveals

My favorite tune, and I think it sums up the 874 tritype quite well:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Frank Sinatra helped a lot of women in his career. The entertainment industry was pretty hard on people then, and if someone he liked needed help, he'd help them. He didn't make a big deal of it, either.

I'm 8w7, and I also try to lend a hand to people who need help. The really difficult part of that inclination is to figure out exactly what kind of help they really need, and to what extent, because sometimes, what they say they need is not what will help them the most.

I really don't think that marrying someone to "save" them is a good idea, although I can understand the thinking there.

I think it is best to provide a person in trouble with a safe space and the support of a true friend, and let them decide how they want to save themselves.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My type 8 rant

That's all.

Sometimes seeing pile of bullshits makes me open my eyes .

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    @idontgiveaf
    I kind of have similar thoughts with exception of productiveness crap and limiting distractions.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    @idontgiveaf
    I kind of have similar thoughts with exception of productiveness crap and limiting distractions.
    Right?

It's like people pleasing..

Warning ⚠ rant

Sometimes some people need to stop people pleasing because they just end up looking pathetic trying to please someone who they can never please.

And just remember the times you people please..

Did it work? No.

Now, remember the time you didn't give a fuck.

Did it work? Yes.

So stop people pleasing for fuck sake.

Stop seeking approval. It's fucking useless.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Male Sx 8

P.S: Applies best to LIE-Ni.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't stay at home, can't stay at school.
    Old folks say 'You poor little fool'.
    Down the streets I'm the girl next door.
    I'm the fox you've been waiting for.
    Hello, daddy. Hello, mom.
    I'm your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!
    Hello world! I'm your wild girl.
    I'm your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8's and reactivity

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Self-pres eight:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wholesome eight

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level 1 (At Their Best): Become self-restrained and magnanimous, merciful and forbearing, mastering self through their self-surrender to a higher authority. Courageous, willing to put self in serious jeopardy to achieve their vision and have a lasting influence. May achieve true heroism and historical greatness.
    ugh this is why I hate enneascam. Putting yourself in serious jeopardy shouldn't be glorified as something 'healthy'; how retarded. Maybe unfortunately (and sadly) necessary given the circumstances but fuck this shit.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default 8w7

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.insightfulinnovations.com...ication-styles

Enneagram Communication Styles - Type 8
    Talk Style: Bold, direct, unemotional, matter of fact, brash, impactful, empowering, offensive or limit pushing.

Energy: Strong, solid, powerful, intimidating, big, overpowering, irreverent, laconic.

Image Statement: I am strong; I am a survivor, I am in charge; I protect. Eights see themselves as strong and in charge. They want others to recognize their strength and to the extent they feel vulnerable they will project more power.

Conflict Style: Blustery, domineering, violent, unemotional, dismissive, uncaring, rageful, vengeful. Eights are triggered by feeling controlled or dominated or by feelings of abandonment or disloyalty. Eights may become domineering, aggressive or incredibly cold when triggered.

Conflict Resolution: Stand your ground and do not waiver in your opinion. They want someone who can hold their own against them. 8s will spar with people they love to test their strength. Try and set ground rules in an argument with an 8 and don’t be afraid to let them know if they hurt your feelings (this often surprises them). Try not to react to their intimidation tactics but don’t egg them on either.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

8w9 so/sx teenager (Te-LIE?) - his mom seems 6w7

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    8w9 so/sx teenager (Te-LIE?) - his mom seems 6w7

Obviously that guy is some kind of social last, probably sp/sx. All he wants is just to be alone in his room, and not be outside, that's what his parents complain about

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That's a hyper-literal interpretation of the "social" instinct.

Social firsts do isolate themselves periodically, especially in the pursuit of some interest such as writing a book or creating music.

They aren't always being social in the conventional meaning of the word.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast