Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Neil Gaiman

Author Neil Gaiman

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Gaiman

Quotes:

“[D]on't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read...”

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can."

"You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it."

"It's not a bad thing for a writer not to feel at home. Writers - we're much more comfortable at parties standing in the corner watching everybody else having a good time than we are mingling."

"I've never known anyone who was what he or she seemed; or at least, was only what he or she seemed. People carry worlds within them."

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten."

"Write your story as it needs to be written. Write it honestly, and tell it as best you can. I'm not sure that there are any other rules. Not ones that matter."

"Life - and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison - is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."

"Empathy is a tool for building people into groups, for allowing us to function as more than self-obsessed individuals."

"As far as I'm concerned, the entire reason for becoming a writer is not having to get up in the morning."

"You can take for granted that people know more or less what a street, a shop, a beach, a sky, an oak tree look like. Tell them what makes this one different."

"My guiltiest pleasure is Harry Stephen Keeler. He may have been the greatest bad writer America has ever produced. Or perhaps the worst great writer. I do not know. There are few faults you can accuse him of that he is not guilty of. But I love him."

"The first author I remember being obsessed by, actually realizing 'I like the way he writes and I like the way he tells stories,' was C.S. Lewis and the 'Narnia' books."

"I'm one of those writers who tends to be really good at making outlines and sticking to them. I'm very good at doing that, but I don't like it. It sort of takes a lot of the fun out."

"For me, the glory of my first 25 years as a writer was I could put things off as long as I wanted."

"I don't think I'm mainstream. I think what I am is lots and lots of different cults. And when you get lots and lots of small groups who like you a lot, they add up to a big group without ever actually becoming mainstream."

"This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence. Or lack thereof."

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his wife is betaaaaaaaaaaaa. he's also probably beta.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEI

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't read any of his stuff but he always seemed IEI to me, though I guess LSI is possible.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sensing type rather than Intuitive from what he writes.

He also looks kind of Logical ... possibly Beta ST.
    Let's just take this kind of simple, but Socionically explainable opinion on empathy as a random example:
    "Empathy is a tool for building people into groups, for allowing us to function as more than self-obsessed individuals."

And here I see some Fe focus again :
    "I don't think I'm mainstream. I think what I am is lots and lots of different cults. And when you get lots and lots of small groups who like you a lot, they add up to a big group without ever actually becoming mainstream."

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I follow him closely, always considered him Ne dominant....

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i read a few of his books ... there's lots of Ne and no Ni (or Ni valuing for that matter) in his writing.

EII

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta. I'm torn between LSI and IEI.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's Ne. He subverts Se, and his work lacks Ni.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess IEI; would have to delve a little deeper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    his wife is betaaaaaaaaaaaa. he's also probably beta.
    LOL