Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Statics vs. Dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    STATICS - DYNAMICS
    STATIKA - DINAMIKA

Statics (Introvert-rationals and extravert-irrationals):
    Statiki (introverty-ratsionaly i ekstraverty-irratsionaly):

1. Statics view reality as sets of episodes, scenes, pictures. The consciousness of statics is oriented towards perceiving these separate, individual states, and not as continuous flows of changes.
    2. When statics give descriptions of events, they are inclined to generalize the event itself and treat that event as just another event among similar events (" I usually celebrate New year...").
    3. In stories by statics there is one main character who is the central focus of the story and this almost never changes during the whole story.
    4. In stories of statikov descriptions of states dominate over descriptions of processes; transition from one state to another is carried out not through a continuous transition, but through jumps from one state to another.
    5. Lexicon: frequent usage of "to be" as a catenative verb ("to become (Something), to be (Something)"), frequent use of impersonal proposals with modal verbs ("to want", "to can (To be able to)"; "it is possible to make" instead of "make"), usage of no-verb constructions.

Dynamics (Introvert-irrationals and extravert-rationals):
    Dinamiki (introverty-irratsionaly i ekstraverty-ratsionaly):

1. For dynamics current events are viewed as a sequence which is not decomposed into separate episodes. The consciousness of dynamics is oriented towards perceiving continuous flows of changes as oppose to discrete states.
    2. When describing an event dynamics are not inclined to generalize and describe the concrete event that happened ("I have lead the last New year..."). Through their descriptions one gets the impression that the dynamics are at the center of the described event even though they are just involved in it.
    3. In stories by dynamics usually all characters become main ones at some point during the story (There is a speech, segment about them), even inanimate objects.
    4. In stories of dynamics descriptions of processes dominate (Something occurring, lasting a time frame, but not something that already occurred).
    5. Lexicon: they use verbs of action which do not have a direct object ("went", "made", "brought", "settle", "cheered themselves", "cried a little"). In their stories they use many semantic verbs which express actions of the storyteller and other characters in the story and interaction between all of them.

Note

It is possible to draw an analogy with grammatical construction of offers, proposals. The difference between static and dynamic speech is similar to the difference between different kinds of verbs in Russian: static's speech corresponds to verbs of perfect (Certain past) kind (" I have made "), and dynamic's speech to verbs of imperfect (Not certain past) kind (" I did"). In English language static speech corresponds to simple (Indefinite) tenses and dynamic to long (Continuous) tenses.
    It is possible to draw another, but this time technical, analogy: modern digital cameras can save their contents in two different ways: they can either save them as segments or a write a digital video. In a similar way the surrounding reality is fixed in the human mind as either separate packets (Pictures) or as a continuous "video".

Examples

Statics:
    "The New year is exhausting" "It would be desirable to conduct the New Year..." "But sadly... (luckily, unfortunately)" "I stayed at home" "We were on a trip" "This holiday was better in comparison to other ones"

Dynamics:
    "The christmas tree smells nice" "The house is filled with christmas spirit" "This New Year they did that and that..." "We emptied the whole bottle" "We gathered together, sang songs, celebrated" "In the New year I expect a miracle... but instead always comes disappointment"
    Statics: Exxps and Ixxjs
    Dynamics: Exxjs and Ixxps
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I'd be Dynamic.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this depends much on one's mother tongue.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my own fictional writings I am clearly a dynamic, and I have always been one. The difference between statics and dynamics is rather easy to spot in novels, and I have always had some difficulty relating to static novels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Static. Now it is quite clear what type the dichotomies suggest...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harcore Static.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very Static.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaning dynamic.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nessy
    I guess this depends much on one's mother tongue.
    No, those language-and/or-grammar examples make it difficult but it's still possible to spot the difference.

Dynamic for me.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soggy-flakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    In my own fictional writings I am clearly a dynamic, and I have always been one. The difference between statics and dynamics is rather easy to spot in novels, and I have always had some difficulty relating to static novels.
    Its the opposite for me. I'm a static and I prefer one main character in a novel and don't like it when the perspective constantly changes from chapter to chapter.
    That is only one aspect of it. In that we are rather similar. The other parts of the dichotomy are more important, I think, especially 1, 2 and 4.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a good example of this before. That if you give money to charity every year, and you have a bad year financially, would you try to give the same amount to charity that year or would you scale back or not give any? If you'd try to give the same amount, you might be static, but if the change in your circumstances would make it seem like common sense to scale back charitable giving, you would be dynamic.

My husband and I have had this conversation. He'll say, "Now isn't a good time to be giving money away." And I'll say, "But their needs haven't changed just because your appendix burst and we had to pay hospital bills."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    There was a good example of this before. That if you give money to charity every year, and you have a bad year financially, would you try to give the same amount to charity that year or would you scale back or not give any? If you'd try to give the same amount, you might be static, but if the change in your circumstances would make it seem like common sense to scale back charitable giving, you would be dynamic.

My husband and I have had this conversation. He'll say, "Now isn't a good time to be giving money away." And I'll say, "But their needs haven't changed just because your appendix burst and we had to pay hospital bills."
    Given this description I would be dynamic, or rather I would say the same things your husband said lol
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    No, those language-and/or-grammar examples make it difficult but it's still possible to spot the difference.
    I'm afraid it's impossible, or at least extremely hard in some regions.

For example, how about French?

One day I watched a program of French. It has a small grammar explanation, and the week's one was telling French doesn't have the present progressive.
    It was funny because the lesson claiming to be "casual and practical than to be theoretical" has just told such. I've taken French class for a year in Univ, but it has taught nothing about such. Maybe it was a faq since most people would have learned English before, and lessons in the course of International Studies would also provide it. Anyway, it means if you hear someone says in french "Il nage", it can be either;

He (or it) swims.
    He's (or it's) swiming.

I knew nothing about this stuff then, but I thought "OMG, French presents extreme static pose!!! "

A column on this program's textbook also had interesting remarks about difference between French, Japanese and English. It said French is a language of nouns; if you're on the car the other person driving, when s/he almost come to collide, you will say "Watch out!!!" in English, "Dangerous!!!" in Japanese and "Attention!!!" in French. So English is verbal, Japanese is adjectival, and French is nominal.
    Quotation from a scene of a movie followed. "His absence kills me," a girl missing her boyfriend said. The author interpreted this as "I feel dying, he's no longer with me " He claimed there are too much inanimate subjects.

So all French native speakers are Ixxj/Exxp, and Russian (and maybe English) ones are Ixxp-Exxj? I don't think so. I don't like this kind of stuff as it always goes too much further. It could be brought on only talking in another language, or easily be replaced with a native/learned speaker problem. But Statics/Dynamics seems as practical as this French-staticism stuff. In other words, as it seems have most grounds on verbal observation a little too much, we'd better find another way for those who think in French.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.