TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    4w5

Looked at the stuff... hey, if there's even as much as an ounce of sadness in a music video... does that make it "special?" If one aspect of Enneagram 4 is present and expanded on in a movie... does that altogether make it an "Ennegram 4 themed movie?" Special has become the new ordinary. I just can't wait to see an American film done in the vein of Ingmar Bergman's Scenes from a Marriage (1973), that is, with realistic acting and plausible life drama. Indeed, there's plenty of So/Sx fantasy in what you posted and a lot of is similar to what my INTJ So/Sx 5w4 (w/ a 4?) old pal is binging on: Marvel/~like flix-wrapping of easily digestible (i.e. not nuanced) emotions/drama amped to the max (e.g. "Why did you do this to me Lokiiiii??!!! Whyyyyy???!!) by the Sx, their expression magnified by the fantasy/action scenarios ("I show my pain by tearing a whole building down!").1 Yet if you see only an aspect of a type because of flat characters written into the moneyshot script only, then how does that not distort the representation of the overall type?

You have left one aspect of E4 out of consideration: the aspect that So/Sx 4s lack: elitism, snobbishness. It would be odd, wouldn't it, if these films and music videos criticized themselves for being not ordinary but supraordinary, schlock and parvenu (a self-criticism that made Charlie Kaufman's Adaptation relatable)? My intuition says their production was not lead by E4 people, neither are the actors (singers) such: the whole package tries too hard to fit into the mainstream... just thinking about that synthwave drone at the end of the Alias Grace trailer. And that the only expression of drama is the "all-American" (bread-and-circus) violence.

Of course it does not need to be all aspects of 4 presented just one or two detailed and typical and neither does it need to be coming from haute couture aesthetic. Two examples.

__________________________________________________ ___
    Footnote:
    I've actually debated this with him... from what he managed to get across, is that while these series have one or more so-called protagonists, the drama is revolving around a group. So even though in one of these series the lead role is of a modern day Lucifer in America, the poignant bit is not just his drama, him having fallen in love with a human, but mostly the quips, the exchanges between his friends and family. Apparently, as an So blind spot, I'm just too self-absorbed for that.
    Last edited by Neokortex; 10-25-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!