I have a good sort of visual-impressionistic metaphor for DA, but its kind of hard to translate. The best I can represent it as would be something like a scale that has weight being constantly poured onto it, and the EJ's role is to dictate where the weight falls in order to maintain proper balance. I think it makes a lot of sense for Aristocratic EJs: rational aristocracy is all about maintaining a social structure, so its fitting that the EJs have a style of thinking that supports their role, one focused on "keeping things together." The mental assumption of EJ temperament is that everything is in motion, and that it should be organized, and that energy needs to be exerted in order to maintain organization; the Democrat EJs, being the transition point to aristocratic quadras, take a more generative role with Vortex thinking, finding the right opportunity to promote cathectic action; once the shift is made into an extant collective, the Aristocratic EJs take on the role of holding everything together once the opportunity to organize has been capitalized upon.