Thread: Not enough appreciation for SEIs

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not enough appreciation for SEIs

SEIs can be badass Jose Aldo being one. What are your thoughts about SEIs.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been teaching my son's SEI girlfriend how to debate. She loves it.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their Fi comes off pretty neatly, they're one of the most "righteous people" you'll ever meet.
    Very sincere, prone to small joking, and casual socializing.
    They have this magnetic personality, almost coming off as Fi types
    Everyone seems to like them because they simply know how to please.
    And sometimes they act impulsively.
    Their strength comes in time of threats, in which case they display a new caricature, and become brave. Never try to hurt them physically, because the babyssaurus becomes a king kong at the blink of an eye.
    They can get especially aggressive if you imply some sort of mockery about them, even if not openly expressed.

By the way, not appreciating them is a sign of self devaluation, since you share half of the functions
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they can be aggressive..

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MathHysteriaOfSoul View Post
    Their Fi comes off pretty neatly, they're one of the most "righteous people" you'll ever meet.
    Very sincere, prone to small joking, and casual socializing.
    They have this magnetic personality, almost coming off as Fi types
    Everyone seems to like them because they simply know how to please.
    And sometimes they act impulsively.
    Their strength comes in time of threats, in which case they display a new caricature, and become brave. Never try to hurt them physically, because the babyssaurus becomes a king kong at the blink of an eye.
    They can get especially aggressive if you imply some sort of mockery about them, even if not openly expressed.

By the way, not appreciating them is a sign of self devaluation, since you share half of the functions
    Why would you try to hurt anyone physically though unless you were protecting someone or it was self defense.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    Why would you try to hurt anyone physically though unless you were protecting someone or it was self defense.
    Well, you could pretend you want to hurt them. That's what I've done.
    Just grab them by the neck

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are amazing, and they are the type that most reminds me of my dual, SLE. They aren't necessarily the type I would choose second to be with after an SLE, but they are the type I would choose to date before an SLE. They are like a more tough IEI, but still nearly as romantic hearted as an IEI. I don't think IEI and SEI even make that good friends, they are too much like lovers. I look forward to any chance encounters with them. They are so intellectual, and they focus all their attention on you, their voices are like music and they are always excited about something around the corner. The 'push-pull' quality of the IEI-SEI look-a-like dynamic is one of the best feelings, for me. I read this description of 'push-pull' somewhere but don't know where.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 03-29-2023 at 03:39 PM. Reason: 4

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you could pretend you want to hurt them. That's what I've done.
    Just grab them by the neck
    sounds like you had some negative experiences with one.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like you had some negative experiences with one.
    Haha not really, I'm just playful. It's amazing how their defense mechanism works.
    They can also get aggressive when people try to take advantage of them, and after defending themselves, they starr crying.
    Their soft nature always comes up later

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha not really, I'm just playful. It's amazing how their defense mechanism works.
    They can also get aggressive when people try to take advantage of them, and after defending themselves, they starr crying.
    Their soft nature always comes up later
    To be fair I got into a physical altercation with one one time. They do have a short fuze I will admit I wish I was more like them I feel like their Si comes out very naturally and they protect their Si more than SLIs Being a logical type has its downfalls

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair I got into a physical altercation with one one time. They do have a short fuze I will admit I wish I was more like them I feel like their Si comes out very naturally and they protect their Si more than SLIs Being a logical type has its downfalls
    How do you experience the Ne-Si axis?
    I guess it's easier for you to describe how you experience Si, can you describe in words?
    Also I'm guessing you're male, right?

Ps: I don't wanna deviate from the original topic, so if your response is long, you can pm me
    Thanks

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

this?

INFP

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah def not IEI hes completely present and in the moment there.I don't think I've ever seen an IEI become a top level mma fighter either.
    Last edited by Amoeba; 03-29-2023 at 06:01 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever seen an IEI become a top level mma fighter either.
    It's possibly when people by a training, initial predispositions (besides Jung type) then get achievements in regions of weak functions. For example, there are F types among technical region scientists of high degrees ("philosophy doctors"), with achievements. EIE in physics. I knew personally IEI with ph. doctor technical degree.
    Among relatively good fighters N types may exist too. Conor McGregor mb ILI.

An example of IEI who was in field intelligence coy of sturm troops (airborne forces). Now he's a singer, while during obligate army service was there (not anyone can be taken and kept there, needs excellent physical form and stable psyche).

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    It's possibly when people by a training, initial predispositions (besides Jung type) then get achievements in regions of weak functions. For example, there are F types among technical region scientists of high degrees ("philosophy doctors"), with achievements. EIE in physics. I knew personally IEI with ph. doctor technical degree.

An example of IEI who was in field intelligence coy of sturm troops (airborne forces). Now he's a singer, while during obligate army service was there (not anyone can be taken and kept there, needs excellent physical form and stable psyche).
    It's possible I think i've seen a few N types in MBTI Stephan Bonnar being one but that doesn't make it very likely at least at the highly competitive level. Connar Mcgregor is definitely not ILI lol, he's a obvious SLE. Khabib is an obvious LSI you can tell by the way they fight. Max Holloway is an SEE and Khamzat Chimaev is an SLE. UFC is full of SLE's and LSI's which makes sense because those type are most commonly found in the military.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtube.com/shorts/MfGGy4AgZ2w?feature=share

Although I might entertain George St Pierre being IEI I'm conflicted between IEI and ESE though he's a total chameleon. Also this video is great advice for self defense he's definitely a professional at the highest level.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think they are usually appreciated very much so, to me it's more the type of thing they are often very genuinely nice and compassionate and sadly that type of thing often doesn't get enough attention as being exploitative-ly fake kind (not really kind, more like I'll be ur master if u be the slave and not in a fun sex way etc.) or just being an asshole does. Some SEIs can be two-faced and manipulative though but that can be any ethical + people in general as well.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Soapy Water View Post
    I think they are usually appreciated very much so, to me it's more the type of thing they are often very genuinely nice and compassionate and sadly that type of thing often doesn't get enough attention as being exploitative-ly fake kind (not really kind, more like I'll be ur master if u be the slave and not in a fun sex way etc.) or just being an asshole does. Some SEIs can be two-faced and manipulative though but that can be any ethical + people in general as well.
    I think a lot of SEIs have control issues in that way, actually. It may be common with 1D Ne types in general, but they often seem to get freaked out by not having everything under their control, and they can try to control people too.

I took a couple classes in undergrad with wannabe teachers. A really high proportion of SEIs were among them. There are a lot of SEIs I've liked but these I did not. (I don't like teaching ed types as a rule.) The mindset was "this is the way things are. Everyone needs to follow the rules. I am the boss and everyone should obey me." I think this mindset is present in SEIs generally to some extent, more so in some and less in others but still a tendency with the type.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 03-30-2023 at 05:21 AM.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtube.com/shorts/MfGGy4AgZ2w?feature=share

Although I might entertain George St Pierre being IEI I'm conflicted between IEI and ESE though he's a total chameleon. Also this video is great advice for self defense he's definitely a professional at the highest level.
    George St. Pierre is also SEI.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    George St. Pierre is also SEI.
    I think ESE fe is more likely than SEI he's a hard one type but i do see Fe in him.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Conor is an actor and a drama queen, no way he has Fe PolR. I think the majority of UFC fighters are IEI. They found their little niche. Maybe they feel alive when their skull gets smashed due to Se suggestive
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that is often overlooked about SEI's, is that they are usually very intelligent. My first romantic interest was SEI, and I could chat anything with her, that she would follow without problems, and grasp every nuance very quickly (and come up with reflections/solutions--this is something I like to do with my acquaintances, but to be honest, I haven't been able to do this with other people that I met after). As an example of this, I just read an analogy that Tallmo made to support the use of typology in relationships (he used mushrooms to make his point) and I am amazed how clever that was. Being LIE, I can run into trouble with them, but they can be cool from a distance.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Conor is an actor and a drama queen, no way he has Fe PolR
    There are actors with T and ILI types. A lot. While to play for sport does not need outstanding skills.
    Alan Rickman (INTP), Brad Pitt (ISTP), Leonardo DiCaprio (ISTJ), Keanu Reeves (INTJ) - popular ones. Some roles are much with "poker face", but happens real acting when Brad Pitt got a prise for 12 Monkeys.
    Weak regions need more efforts for same achievments. It's not critical obstacle. More time and sweat will lead to good result there.

I'd say even that for a human's emotional state is important to do something or even to choose occupations in weak regions to reduce Jung type accentuation. Additional efforts become the input to your own interests, at least to reduce neurotic symptoms a common part of which is reduced abbility to get the pleasure from the life as it is, from achieved results.
    That Conor McGregor ILI boxer looks as rather satisfied by the life, for example. While Mike Tyson SLE, which mb better in boxing, has problems with emotions. The place to think.
    It's MBTI followers approach was to say about stronger functions as "gifts". By Jung - it's an accentuation from the psyche view, but not a positive. Human's usefulness in defined by the sum of strong and weak functions, not by strong functions only. For any practical task all 4 functions are important equally, as for any function region exists the context of opposite function. Most possibly there is no use to have functions disbalance, while neurotisation problem exists. When Socionics says about duality types as attractive - sure they are, as show the hole inside human's Self. Those duals help to reduce it, besides to support in weaker sides.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung's recapitulation of IP types says some important things about this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 10. Recapitulation of Introverted Irrational Types
    The two types just depicted are almost inaccessible to external judgment. Because they are introverted and have in consequence a somewhat meagre capacity or willingness for expression, they offer but a frail handle for a telling criticism. Since their main activity is directed within, nothing is outwardly visible but reserve, secretiveness, lack of sympathy, or uncertainty, and an apparently groundless perplexity. When anything does come to the surface, it usually consists in indirect manifestations of inferior and relatively unconscious functions. Manifestations of such a nature naturally excite a certain environmental prejudice against these types. Accordingly they are mostly underestimated, or at least misunderstood. To the same degree as they fail to understand themselves -- because they very largely lack judgment -- they are also powerless to understand why they are so constantly undervalued by public opinion. They cannot see that their outward-going expression is, as a matter of fact, also of an inferior character. Their vision is enchanted by the abundance of subjective events. What happens there is so captivating, and of such inexhaustible attraction, that they do not appreciate the fact that their habitual communications to their circle express very, little of that real experience in which they themselves are, as it were, caught up. The fragmentary and, as a rule, quite episodic character of their communications make too great a demand upon the understanding and good will of their circle; furthermore, their mode of expression lacks that flowing warmth to the object which alone can have convincing force. On the contrary, these types show very often a brusque, repelling demeanour towards the outer world, although of this they are quite unaware, and have not the least intention of showing it. We shall form a [p. 512] fairer judgment of such men and grant them a greater indulgence, when we begin to realize how hard it is to translate into intelligible language what is perceived within. Yet this indulgence must not be so liberal as to exempt them altogether from the necessity of such expression. This could be only detrimental for such types. Fate itself prepares for them, perhaps even more than for other men, overwhelming external difficulties, which have a very sobering effect upon the intoxication of the inner vision. But frequently only an intense personal need can wring from them a human expression.

From an extraverted and rationalistic standpoint, such types are indeed the most fruitless of men. But, viewed from a higher standpoint, such men are living evidence of the fact that this rich and varied world with its overflowing and intoxicating life is not purely external, but also exists within. These types are admittedly one sided demonstrations of Nature, but they are an educational experience for the man who refuses to be blinded by the intellectual mode of the day. In their own way, men with such an attitude are educators and promoters of culture. Their life teaches more than their words. From their lives, and not the least from what is just their greatest fault, viz. their incommunicability, we may understand one of the greatest errors of our civilization, that is, the superstitious belief in statement and presentation, the immoderate overprizing of instruction by means of word and method. A child certainly allows himself to be impressed by the grand talk of its parents. But is it really imagined that the child is thereby educated? Actually it is the parents' lives that educate the child -- what they add thereto by word and gesture at best serves only to confuse him. The same holds good for the teacher. But we have such a belief in method that, if only the method be good, the practice of it seems to hallow the teacher. An inferior [p. 513] man is never. a good teacher. But he can conceal his injurious inferiority, which secretly poisons the pupil, behind an excellent method or, an equally brilliant intellectual capacity. Naturally the pupil of riper years desires nothing better than the knowledge of useful methods, because he is already defeated by the general attitude, which believes in the victorious method. He has already learnt that the emptiest head, correctly echoing a method, is the best pupil. His whole environment not only urges but exemplifies the doctrine that all success and happiness are external, and that only the right method is needed to attain the haven of one's desires. Or is the life of his religious instructor likely to demonstrate that happiness which radiates from the treasure of the inner vision? The irrational introverted types are certainly no instructors of a more complete humanity. They lack reason and the ethics of reason, but their lives teach the other possibility, in which our civilization is so deplorably wanting.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not as hypocritical as IEEs

Bob Ross was cool. I like(d) him.
    “Anything is possible. It is night on planet earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead.
    Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not.
    And anything is possible.”

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are Fe types and the Si types.

Si type, like my wife fits into the stereotypical comfort type, and her Fe is neutral reactive in helping people in an agony aunt passive role. '' Let me take your hand and hold it, and validate feelings, and i will give everything including the shirt off my back." It's a low key, low voice, let's not be unsettling tone.

Good at detail work and crafts things with the utmost care, very neat and organized.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

The Fe type, from what i've seen, corrals people into a flock and into the pen by following the standard rules in etiquette, with surface manners, and to do things by the book.

A little pushy and you would think pushy by being a thinker type in egocentric mode/terms, and together with the low ethic spectrum, but it is ethics as the drive, so sentiment driven.

Ever watch Little House on the Prairie? Mary Ingalls is the Fe type as a good characterization of it.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like SEIs often dont appreciate themselves enough. they can seriously be the sweetest souls. their warmth and generosity to their friends, but also their disposition within themselves
    and the meticulousness...nobody can show up a Si lead's attention to detail... love

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm slow to type people but the couple of people I've typed as SEI have been some of the nicest people I've been around, very comfortable for me. Up for adventure but also happy to chill, curious, emotionally sensitive to those around them, tactfully opinionated, inclined to appreciate and create physical comforts, an aesthetic sense without being over-the-top (imo), clever and able to converse on a variety of topics without needing to live in the weeds, etc.

5/5 would recommend as a friend
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
    Conor is an actor and a drama queen, no way he has Fe PolR. I think the majority of UFC fighters are IEI. They found their little niche. Maybe they feel alive when their skull gets smashed due to Se suggestive
    this made me actually laugh out loud.

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone has a place where they feel powerful. Not sure if by "Not enough appreciation for SEIs" you mean here. It's kinda obvious that they won't be, just like these types: LSE, ESE, SLI