Thread: Theory of how enneagram types/fixations might appear

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Theory of how enneagram types/fixations might appear

Didn't know if to post this on viewpoints or here. If it doesn't belong here, some mod feel free to move it.

Picture a graph with 9 bars, one for each E type. Depending on what happens to you, and how you react to it, during your first 5 years of life, the corresponding bar gets filled (according to what belongs to each of the types). The most filled bar in each centre will conform your trifix. The order is determined like this: the deepest fixation (the third fixation) forms first, because it was the first bar to be filled past the "cutoff point". The first fix (main E-type) was the second bar to hit the cutoff point, and the second fix, was the last bar to hit the cutoff point. Residual "bar-levels" on non trifix types, will give a "flavor" to the personality of the person.

I've termed the first fix "main mode", the second fix "auxiliary mode" and the third fix "hidden mode". So if I'm correct about this (this is the part I'm not totally sure of), the order it forms is: hidden > main > auxiliary.

I came up with this studying my own case. It might not behave the same with other cases. I'm trying to visualize if it lines up with another person I know. I welcome input on this, if you have any information. One trick is VI-ing and trying to remember what E-type predominated while viewing your childhood photo album (if anybody wants to aid this study).
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems legit. except the fact there should be some bars with a "headstart". since its not even spread of e-type to functional personality (which are in-born.)

but why is the third fixation comes before second. is it like freudian agencies?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if there is a headstart in some bars, or simply some sociotypes have a tendency to gain more points in some bars than others. Maybe both. The "headstart" probably has to do with your genetics, your soul/destiny, and astrology.

The third fixation is the deepest one, so it appears first (or at least this is what I think — for example, if the first thing one experiences during or shortly after being born is survival trauma, that person will have an 8 fix as third fix).

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a headstart in some bars, or simply some sociotypes have a tendency to gain more points in some bars than others. Maybe both. The "headstart" probably has to do with your genetics, your soul/destiny, and astrology.
    that reminds me. i found this enneagram e-book but instead of number types it was astrological types. it was really bizarre, yet it more closely resembled how i saw each numeric type. https://archive.org/details/bodytypesenneagr0000frie

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I skimmed that book... most of what it says is incorrect. However, the part about there being a tenth type, which corresponds to the Sun, I had parallelly found the same thing. Type 0 is what everyone is before the fixes have been stablished. Very few people carry their type 0 into adulthood. Most lose it along the way. For example, The Little Prince, despite being a 4w3, he is also a type 0.