Thread: ISTj versus ISTp about me! Humorous

Creepy-pokeball

Default ISTj versus ISTp about me! Humorous.

Here are two seperate emails I sent out. One to the long term ISTj friend and one to my ISTp best friend. the email addresses have been distorted to protect the "innocent" (lol).
    ----------------------------------
    ISTp:

[Add to Address Book]
    To: "me"
    Subject: Re: Hi
    Date: Friday, August 25, 2006 12:29:39 AM [View Source]

EIEs

-------------- Original message --------------

Pick one the following for what describes me best:

1. http://socionics.us/types/eie.shtml

2. http://www.socionics.com/prof/infp.htm

3. http://www.socionics.com/prof/enfp.htm (Same type as Raven)

4. http://www.socionics.com/prof/infj.htm (Same as Mom)

Have a great rest of the week. Im gonna start mine off by going to the doctor for strep =/ I think I got it from working my corner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ISTj:

[Add to Address Book]
    To: "me"
    Subject: RE: Hi
    Date: Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:44:34 PM [View Source]

Funny, I thought about calling you around 8pm. I think I have your new phone number....didn't check. I was going to tell you that I called Children's Services in Salem and reported the people next door today.......they are registered daycare providers. Last Thurs. a boy named Kyle asked me if I killed animals...lots of animals.......he said, "Dogs, and birds and lots of animals.......he was on top of my fence yelling at me. He said his sister and another kid next door said I killed lots of animals so they threw a dead bird on my grass........and sure enough, there was a bird. I blew...called police who told me to hire an attorney and sue them for all..........(Yeah, but they can afford more attorney fees than me and can lie much better!) Anyway, Kyle was once again asking if I kill dogs..........and I talked to 4 kids from next door (no supervision at all).(they were on top of the swing set yelling at me)...and they all said that Kyle threw the bird over in my front yard. There were 4 kids sitting on TOP of the swing set when I went into the house....got my digital....went into kitchen and got several blurred shots...although you could see the fence, the kids.........Salem will send someone to do a "check"..(unannounced)....I told them about the gallon of chemical (spectricide....kills the roots.) on side of house and other chemicals the kids can get into) Next week all hell will break loose! I'm sure I will have consequences.....need to get a tape for a tape recorder as officer advised........Anyway, I could use your help cutting one tree branch......it will take two people to remove. I have all the pear trees cut to 6 ft or under........8 cans of yard debris have gone out and lots more to go.
    You are mostly #4 and part #2. I think I am mostly #2. Don't like these........body shapes....give me a break!
    I have a second job working for Vermont Hills ...a day care provider after school.......I worked for them before so am on their sub list. Don't know how often or if ever I will be called. Next week...Mon-Thurs I will be in training classes with them. Monday I won't get paid because one is a food handlers class...and they pay for the card., one is First Aid and CPR........I will get certified for free.....and then there is an abuse class...so I can abuse kids.....oh, no........wait, I don't think that is the idea! On Friday I will work all day at my school to prepare for kids to come back.........so my summer is gone! I am working at cleaning out stuff....papers, things..........it may take me 5 yr to clean out this house, who knows. I am on Heather's case to do something about getting some of her items or they are going. I am using her microwave...It is mine! I took my old one to Goodwill in Forest Grove. Had man from Craig's List pick up my dryer for free! Will be selling lots of birds soon, I hope! Am working on a filter for my fish pond at last. May go up to Wyrhovn on 9/2 and get pump (25% off in Sept) and the filter media for the filter.($100) I have a lot on my credit card right now but there isn't any interest until Feb , 2007 so may have a third job by then....and now's the time to take care of stuff as I won't have time or energy in winter. By the way, I got the results by from my 12 blood tests. My triglycerides should have been under 150 but were 160 and everything else was perfect. Need to get in shape!!

Call me tomorrow, strep or no strep and tell me about your adventures. This morning I didn't want to get up because the kids next door were screaming at 8am so I got up and ended up going back to bed. I felt very depressed.........summer is gone.........I still have a lot to do. Eric wouldn't come back to help me as he said he would (he cut two of the pear trees and said he would stop by in a few days to finish..........)
    I saw the cutest lop rabbit at the feed store last week.....in Albany they called me the rabbit lady because I had lots of rabbits, sold lots, showed, etc. I have to remember I'm allergic to them.
    M

----- Original Message -----
    To: "her"
    Sent: 8/24/2006 1:50:53 AM
    Subject: Hi

Pick one the following for what describes me best:

1. http://socionics.us/types/eie.shtml

2. http://www.socionics.com/prof/infp.htm

3. http://www.socionics.com/prof/enfp.htm (Same type as Raven)

4. http://www.socionics.com/prof/infj.htm (Same as Mom)

Have a great rest of the week. Im gonna start mine off by going to the doctor for strep =/ I think I got it from working my corner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I really did mean it when I said I couldnt possibly memorize everything my ISTj friend tells me! Look at the contrast between the ISTp male and ISTj female hahahaha.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sue someone for such a small thing? WTF lol
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-pokeball

He has been harassing her for 2 years since he has moved in. Her neighbor is terminally ill and quite aggressive/nuts. She is stuck and a bit afraid because she cant move because she cannot afford to do so.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand that it's funny, but it's difficult to laugh at it... The ISTj email is just too shocking! The ISTjs that I know, write very formal emails even to friends.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm way more ISTj according to this Even though the male/female thing may have an effect. Since everyone knows all women are blappers deep inside (*cough*). But really ISTjs are narrators and it shows. ISTps are not I guess? My answers to emails are generally so long that people don't really read them fully I have learned this several times but still I keep making them long

Creepy-pokeball

Her accounting work is perfect. Her emails to me are chaotic. I think it is because Im the sap that will listen so complaints are dumped en masse I also think it is because she is a single female with a mortgage and she could really give a rip how an email looks when she is stressed for time 24/7/365.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I'm way more ISTj according to this Even though the male/female thing may have an effect. Since everyone knows all women are blappers deep inside (*cough*). But really ISTjs are narrators and it shows. ISTps are not I guess? My answers to emails are generally so long that people don't really read them fully I have learned this several times but still I keep making them long
    Typing yourself as ISTj because you write long messages sounds very silly and misled to me. I don't really care much about those narrator and taciturn descriptions, since they are two general and can be applied to anything.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    The ISTjs that I know, write very formal emails even to friends.
    This is true. And is one of the main things keeping me from saying "I'm ISTj". The people in my life who I think are ISTjs are not really like me. For example they always do this detailed planning thing that ISTjs are supposed to do (which I don't do). They try to plan our schedule on a minute to minute basis which is pretty...well not annoying...but funny to me. Their obsession on minute schedules makes me giggle, hehe. But ISTjs should be narrators anyways not taciturns.

Creepy-pokeball

Ah she is not quite like that. Let me example our last trip to the Portland 2005 Yard and Garden Patio Show. When she leads, she starts at the beginning and goes to the end in perfect sequence. She doesnt plan time so much as the sequence of events. However, if you are late, you will get chewed out. 1 minute of lateness is an acceptable offense to being late When I dont bother to follow her lead (sometimes I will just to chat but I get bored quickly and lose interest), I will go straight to where I know I want to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Typing yourself as ISTj because you write long messages sounds very silly and misled to me. I don't really care much about those narrator and taciturn descriptions, since they are two general and can be applied to anything.
    Traveler..you are not serious? You really get on my nerves sometimes I don't type myself as ISTj _only_ because I write long messages. That was just one tiny bit of data. And because you "don't care about those narrator and taciturn descriptions" is absolutely not an argument one way or another. But me being ISTj...it would be consistent with many many many things. Even my previous MBTI type of ISTp. However I don't think I'm identical to the people I have typed as ISTj in real life. Which is the main reason I think I can't be ISTj in the end. I would like to meet a person who is certified ISTj to be sure I might have just mistyped my "ISTj" friends and really _I_ am the ISTj

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For one thing i cant see ISTj's on this forum. Its possible but unlikely.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    For one thing i cant see ISTj's on this forum. Its possible but unlikely.
    I think Five is ISTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to meet a person who is certified ISTj to be sure
    ahaha, this is so istj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I would like to meet a person who is certified ISTj to be sure
    ahaha, this is so istj
    lol

Creepy-pokeball

I didnt know you guys were so keen on learning ISTj's. I still think my best friend's reply is hilarious. 4 letters versus an entire laundry list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I didnt know you guys were so keen on learning ISTj's. I still think my best friend's reply is hilarious. 4 letters versus an entire laundry list.
    I just liked the longer one better. And I'm also exploring whether I could be ISTj. I think this thread at least puts me one more step away from ISTp and one step closer to ISTj perhaps. For me it would be impossible to answer in a short way like that Unless I was trying to make a joke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think Five is ISTj.
    Pretty much everyone thinks I am, and it seems to be accurate for me. Plus, other Betas get a kind of 'connection' when reading my posts, so that supports ISTj as well. But Hugo's recent test puts me as ESTj, so you never know ... perhaps another debate about my type's coming on.

If I can help anybody in any way at all, please feel free to ask.

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this latest test is susceptible to this kind of error. I played with it a bit and I could easily have gotten INTj with slightly different answers. The previous test - version 3 I think - was the best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this latest test is susceptible to this kind of error. I played with it a bit and I could easily have gotten INTj with slightly different answers. The previous test - version 3 I think - was the best.
    hmmm...o_O

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The previous test - version 3 I think - was the best.

Dear Expat,

Thank you for your help. Did you mean this one?

http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/v3.1/ptest_stage1.htm

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that one.
    The funny thing is this particular test gives me ISTj and I believe it has always done so. The other tests from Hugo keep giving me INTp but this refuses to do so. I don't manage to get INFj from any of these tests. Possibly because I misunderstand something but anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Expat,

Thank you for your reply. My proposed types from this test are:

ISTp (http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/v3.1/...lts.htm?e_i=12)
    ESTj (http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/v3.1/...ults.htm?e_i=4)

With some playing around, I can also get ISTj (http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/v3.1/...ults.htm?e_i=8), but when going with my gut instinct I get the above two results.

What are your thoughts?

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    Dear Expat,

Thank you for your reply. My proposed types from this test are:

ISTp (http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/v3.1/...lts.htm?e_i=12)
    ESTj (http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/v3.1/...ults.htm?e_i=4)

With some playing around, I can also get ISTj (http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/v3.1/...ults.htm?e_i=8), but when going with my gut instinct I get the above two results.

What are your thoughts?

Kindly,
    ESTj?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Expat,

What do you make of my results? I believe that I have changed, internally, since we decided I was ISTj. I consistently get ESTj and ISTp from the test; it depends whether I click "Proactive" or "Relaxed" on the second page, and I'm both.

Do you have any thoughts?

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nessy,

First, thanks for helping. Secondly, and unfortunately, none of them apply to me.

Thanks anyway.

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Five,

I would say that if the choice were indeed between ESTj and ISTp you would be ESTj since an ISTp would be less likely to be an Enneagram 1.

I still think ISTj is the most likely for you, but perhaps we should discuss in more detail your choices in the test.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Expat,

ISTj does seem to be the most likely. But I also believe that we need to consider the possibility that I might be ESTj.

So:

STAGE 1

A –- 1, but this is a difficult choice. I cannot see myself as creating a system of rules, but this may be because of the same reason as in Question C –- I do create a system but do not realise it because it is automatic. I am attentive to proper behaviour, and I am both sensitive and considerate of other people. But when I am talking with friends I tend to see them as ‘stand-alone’ figures and how they relate to me, rather than their relationships with other people and their underlying motivations. Of course, I am somewhat aware of relationships between people, so I can be tactful.

B –- 1. Because I am definitely not 2.

C -- 1. This is fairly straightforward for me (I think). The trouble, of course, is that you don’t realise how much you, for example, live according to your physical sensations until you live according you your intuitions.

D -- 1. I take people as they come (again, I think). I think “That person is funny but self-centred” rather than “That person could become …”

I think I find Question A to be the hardest to answer.

STAGE 2

I am both Proactive and Relaxed in certain ways. For example, I come across as being calm, assured, easy-going and laid-back. But I’m also practical and try to get the job done.

Proactive = ESTj
    Relaxed = ISTp

Hope this helps
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj does seem to be the most likely. But I also believe that we need to consider the possibility that I might be ESTj.
    I previously thought you might be ESTj but now you just keep :ing which would suggest ISTj is more likely. You are not ISTp imho.

So you are sure of being one of the STs. You seem to be that means probably not ISTp or ESTj. If you are sure you are not ESTp then I guess you are ISTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks XoX and Jadae! And, of course , Expat as well

I agree with you all that I'm ISTj. I just wanted to make sure.

I apologise for dragging this thread off-topic, so let's get back to the original question which -- I think -- was that XoX wanted to know more about ISTjs.

Thanks again!
    Five/Tanzhe

Creepy-pokeball

Thanks XoX and Jadae! And, of course , Expat as well

I agree with you all that I'm ISTj. I just wanted to make sure.

I apologise for dragging this thread off-topic, so let's get back to the original question which -- I think -- was that XoX wanted to know more about ISTjs.

Thanks again!
    It doesnt bother me one bit