Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram Type 3

Spoiler tag all youtube videos for the sake of everyone's internet processing.

Last edited by Cerelict; 10-30-2014 at 11:19 PM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

what?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enneagram

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 10-28-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@suedehead I don't get how any of these pics are E3 related.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This thread already looks like a mess.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    @suedehead I don't get how any of these pics are E3 related.
    My tumblr's full of those sort of pictures and I've gotten told that it 'looks' 3w4', so that's what I've been going off of.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    This thread already looks like a mess.

Oh well.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Tumblr looks like E6 heaven to me.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Tumblr looks like E6 heaven to me.
    Depends on where you are looking. A lot of E4 heavens, too.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Depends on where you are looking. A lot of E4 heavens, too.
    I'm actually not looking lol, just the tumblrs people randomly post always seem 6-like. Makes sense it's big on E4 too.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I dunno. Seems a little behaved, controlled, compliant for an Id-type such as Three. Two would seem better, Superego. Will go to any length to be compliant, play by the rules to please.

The crying angel is perfect.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer

what that pose actually means

competitive 3s

Last edited by yeves; 05-16-2016 at 04:09 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Since I'm confused by several posts in this thread, I'll post a definite E3 pep anthem. When 3's feel down they listen to Miley :

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YOLO seems more 7ish but this video might be 3.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two 3s; one with Ni, one with Se; one with all the flaws & the other with all the glory. war.

edit: although one of the "threes" may be an sx four in disguise...
    Last edited by marooned; 04-12-2015 at 09:29 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx 3 (contra-flow tinge)

4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Politicians are 3s)

Fictional Example: Don Draper (Mad Men) - self preservational 3w4 (LIE)

Skimmed the Naranjo Chapter on 3s:

[...] while in ennea-type III, instead, the person mobilizes herself to “prove” objectively her value through an active implementation of the self-image in the face of a generalized other. This leads to an energetic pursuit of achievement and good form as defined by quantitative or generally accepted standards.
    [...] we may understand this omission also as a consequence of the fact that ennea-type III individuals are characteristically satisfied with themselves, since the essence of their psychological aberration is the confusion of the self-image that they sell (and others buy) with what they are.
    Pictorial advertising has a similar function. The successful executive who is pictured in a tailor’s advertisement is the image of how one could look and be, if one is to draw down the ‘big money’ on the contemporary personality market.
    Markers (just go on youtube, enter Don Draper and you get a lot of videos with '10 reasons why Don Draper is more manly than you', 'Don Draper is badass', 'How to be Don Draper', 'Don Draper is the man' etc you get the gist): Social Sophistication and Skill, Cultivation of Sexual Attractiveness, Deceit and Image Manipulation, Pragmatism

He winds up at Esalen, where revelation comes from an unlikely source, a nebbishy man named Leonard. In a group session, Leonard says:

I’ve never been interesting to anybody. I, um – I work in an office. People walk right by me. I know they don’t see me. And I go home and I watch my wife and my kids. They don’t look up when I sit down.... I had a dream. I was on a shelf in the refrigerator. Someone closes the door and the light goes off. And I know everybody’s out there eating. And then they open the door and you see them smiling. They’re happy to see you but maybe they don’t look right at you and maybe they don’t pick you. Then the door closes again. The light goes off.

People are silent, but Don gets up, slowly moves toward Leonard and tearfully, silently, embraces him. On the surface, the two men could not be more different. Don is interesting. And successful. People notice him. But he shares Leonard’s sense that his pursuit—of a new identity, of career success, of unattainable women—has left him feeling inauthentic, disconnected, and alone. “I’ve messed everything up,” he tells his sometime co-worker Peggy in a phone conversation. “I’m not the man you think I am.”

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

this is like the E3 theme song

Britney Spears "Work Bitch" - 3w2

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"How to Win at Halloween"

Olivier Rousteing.

I haven't read that much. I watched a documentary about his
    Winter/Fall Collection 2014 last year.

My impression is 3w4 (ESI? so/sx?). Could change my opinion, though.

[Wikipedia] [Instagram] [Pictures] http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/12/trending

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rachel Platten, potential so/sx e3w2, has the privilege of singing the best song on the radio right now

Also a good candidate for the Typical IJ Dance Technique Exposition thread

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Steven Patrick Morrissey - soc-3w4 (Beta)

Johan Edlund lead singer of Tiamat - 3w4 LII (potentially sx/so)

Aris Roussinos - 3w4

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fields of the Nephilim - 3w4

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w4 sp/sx - Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@SisOfNight imo a really good description of 3w4 from Riso (with the moodiness involved). Sorry but typing of Madonna as 4 really bothers me : D

The Three with a Four-Wing

The traits of the Three and those of a Four-wing produce a complex subtype whose traits often conflict with each other. The Three is essentially an "interpersonal" type, whereas the Four withdraws from contact with others. To the degree that the Four-wing is operative, some persons of this subtype seems more like Fours than Threes: they can be quiet, rather private, subdued in demeanor, and have artistic interests and aesthetic sensibilities. Noteworthy examples of the Three with a Four-wing include Jimmy Carter, Gary Hart, Bryant Gumbel, Chris Wallace, Sting, Mick Jagger, Sylvester Stallone, Henry Winkler, Michael Tilson Thomas, Dick Cavett, Truman Capote, Andy Warhol, Somerset Maugham, and Iago.

Healthy Threes with a Four-wing have some amount of intution which they can direct both toward themselves and others. Beacause some self-awareness is also part of the picture, people of this subtype have more potential for gaining self-knowledge and developing their emotional lives than Threes with a Two-wing. They may have artistic sensibilities, although these will more likely be in service of their personalities than in creativity for its own sake. People of this subtype are self-assured and outstanding in some way, and yet also introspective and sensitive.

Since Three is the basic type, however, average Threes with a Four-wing will still be competitive with others and interested in success and prestige, although in more subtle ways than the other subtype. Their imaginations will play a more active role and their feelings, such as they are, will likely be focused on aesthetic objects rather than persons. Since threes with a Four-wing are usually less attractive physically than those with a Two-wing, intelligence will typically be emphasized in their self-iomages and social dealings. People ofthis subtype tend to be more pretentious than the other subtype, putting great stock in their ideas and demanding that others do likewise. The are also more aloof and conscious of how others treat them. Narcissitic feelings of superiority and arrogance mingle with the Four's feelings of exemption and self-indulgence. They can be subtle show-offs, but show-offs nonetheless.

Unhealthy threes of this subtype alternate between the narcissism of the Three and the self-doubt of the Four. Since Three is basic, narcissim and grandiose fantasies are the rule. When they are disappointed, persons of this subtype react with the Four's depression and self-contempt, although their periods of self-accusation will be relatively brief. (People of this subtype may be misidentified as manic-depressives since their moods may change rapidly, an element which Threes with Four-wings have in common with the manic-depressive disorder. However, the underlying problem here is not anxiety but narcissim and the lack of fulfillment of their grandiose expectations.) It is possible that people of this subtype will also be self-destructive and suicidal if constantly frustrated by reality.

And 3w2 for comparison:

The Three with a Two-Wing

In general, the Three's traits and those of a Two-wing reinforce each other. Threes with a Two-wing have extraordinary social skills: they like to be among people and enjoy being the center of attention; they are often extremely charming, sociable, and highly popular. They are also among the most physically attractive of the types, something which adds considerably to their social desirability, as well as to their stimulating effect on others. Noteworthy examples of theThree with a Two-wing include Burt Reynolds, Elvis Presley, Prince Andrew, Jack Kemp, Brooke Shields, Christopher Reeve, Cybill Sherpherd, Vanna White, Mark Spitz, Bruce Jenner, Mary Lou Retton, Jane Pauley, Richard Gere, Philip Michael Thomas, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ted Bundy, Gary Gilmore, Hedda Gabler, and Lady Macbeth.

Depending on how much Two-wing is operative, healthy Three of this subtype possess some degree of warmth and positive feelings for people - Threes are not completely affectless, of course. They care about those few people they are close to. They can encourage and appreciate others, and their feelings can be touched and hurt. Threes with a Two-wing usually want a particular kind of affirmation from others: besides receiving attention, they want to be loved. This encourages them to be more responsive to the needs and desires of others.

Average Threes of this subtype are able to project their feelings, or the illusion of feelings, as the case may be. Actors, models, and singers are frequently of this subtype. Besides there being a histronic quality here, elements of possessiveness, the desire to control others, and self-importance begin to emerge. People of this subtype care a great deal about what others think of them: competitveness, comparing themselves to others, and success in their relationship are particularly important. They not only desire an enviable relationship with a spouse, they want the spouse to be a catch, sexually and socially desirable, one who reflects well on them. Children are also typically narcissitic extensions of the self, as are the home, hobbies, vacation spots, and other values in their lives. The narcissism of this subtype is more open than that of Threes with a Four-wing. Exhibitionism and seductiveness are also more pronounced in people of this subtype.

Unhealthy Threes of this subtype are not only deceptive about getting what they want from others; they can be deceptive about getting what they want from others; they can be self-deceptive as well. They can be manipulative and feel entitled, which whets their appetite for revenge against those who do not give them the attention and love they demand. Both the Three and the Two-wing have a problem with aggression: Twos feel aggressive when others do not appreciate them, and Threes are hostile when there is any slight to their narcissism. The combination produces particularly hostile people if they are not on top. The jealousy we see in unhealthy Threes is also present in unhealthy Twos, motivating these people to coerce others to give them what they want. Threes with a Two-wing become malicious toward others, even psychopathically destructive. They are charming psychopaths, attractive men and women who seem to have everything going for them until they suddenly become violent, usually toward those with whom they are closest, but who, for whatever reason, have frustrated their narcissistic needs.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)