Thread: NTs and NFs in discussions and arguments

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lecter View Post
    STs are probably best at being right within the narrow area of their purview and expertise; they have both the postulating logic and the testing empiricism. that NFs are their diametrical opposite is telling of how wrong this thread is, like, ouch. sanity badge revoked instantly and irreversibly.
    Seeing as how NFs use ST functions to a limited extent and dualize with them, your claim that they deny basic empiricism, given your own association of ST with empiricism, is flat out wrong. You're being overly reductive, as usual.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Seeing as how NFs use ST functions to a limited extent and dualize with them
    Using ST functions is exhausting as hell. It zaps so much energy from me, and I would imagine it's the same for other NFs. Working in Ti and Se vs Ni and Fe is like the difference between painting a picture and jackhammering a block of stone or consuming a glass of water versus eating a fresh jalapeno. But it can be done. (Sometimes I feel like this is why I find this site so exhausting and intimidating but refreshing and exciting. I try to be very genuine about what I write here, because I know who I'm up against.)

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fighter View Post
    Using ST functions is exhausting as hell. It zaps so much energy from me, and I would imagine it's the same for other NFs. Working in Ti and Se vs Ni and Fe is like the difference between painting a picture and jackhammering a block of stone or consuming a glass of water versus eating a fresh jalapeno. But it can be done. (Sometimes I feel like this is why I find this site so exhausting and intimidating but refreshing and exciting. I try to be very genuine about what I write here, because I know who I'm up against.)
    I pretty much agree with everything you said vis a vis the difficulty of using super-id functions but would put the case less strongly. You do pick up super-id habits and develop these functions over time. I think what you said would have applied to me a few years ago.

Getting back to his post:

NFs clearly orient themselves towards ST functions and appreciate them regardless of whether or not they use them, which makes the notion that they deny some property fundamental to ST functions illogical.
    Last edited by xerx; 10-16-2014 at 03:39 AM.