Thread: so/sx

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default so/sx

Hmm, I didn't see a so/sx thread but if there is can someone just move this?

I kind of imagined "The Hobbit" movies to be so/sx while watching them but I am not sure. Just going with an impression.

Edit: Re: why I chose the song

I imagine a group of people who are closely bonded (so) watching the fire burn everything around them as they raise a glass of wine (sx) while preparing to die together (sp). The will to keep themselves alive and safe feels passive. They would sacrifice self to be in harmony with the whole, instead of grabbing the person(s) they are bonded with and getting the hell out of there. Of course it is just a song and there is a romantic quality to sacrificing yourself for others and not just sacrificing self for the love of one.

Why I chose the hobbit movie is a bit different so I can see how the so/sx can manifest in a myriad of ways.

Summary

"To provide mental and emotional stimulation for others."
    Appearance: friendly, enthusiastic, eager, erratic.
    Role: companion, counselor, nurturer, teacher, benevolent leader.

This type has an incredible ability to bond with people one-on-one, typically bringing out the best in others. They enhance their role and status in society by befriending individuals in the group, often by sharing new, stimulating experiences together. They may customize their behavior to people they are interested in to better connect. In group settings, this tendency may make them uncertain of how to behave, although they are usually promoting the group's harmony under the table.

They may have difficulty maintaining their bonds when apart, making them appear flighty at times. Some may conform to social norms in order to connect with more people, while others test the boundaries of traditional values to "keep it real". They are usually attuned to new cultural trends.

Description

Primary Instinct: Social

The Instinct to belong to a larger whole. Those with the Social Primary Instinct seek to adapt themselves to meet the needs of their groups or communities. They are very generous with their time and often sacrifice their own needs to advance other individual’s priorities. They wish to increase their inclusion and status within a group, for they see their social status as a marker of their level of contribution. They enjoy being involved in other people's lives. They tend to be the friendliest of the different types, with many social connections in various cliques.

Quick to see people's positions and relationships, they can navigate the social circle to obtain protection and influence. They are highly aware of what other people’s needs are and how their actions affect others. They can evaluate people’s behaviors and emotions with accuracy, enabling them to promote group members or ideas that they feel deserve recognition. Often they act as the glue that holds together individuals.

Secondary Instinct: Sexual

The Sexual Instinct is channeled to serve the needs of the Social Instinct. The result is that this type enhances their role and status in society by befriending individuals, often by sharing new, stimulating experiences together. They have an incredible ability to bond with people one-on-one, typically bringing out the best in others. They may customize their behavior to people they are interested in to better connect. In group settings, this tendency may make them uncertain of how to behave, although they are usually promoting the group's harmony under the table.

They may have difficulty maintaining their bonds when apart, making them appear flighty at times. Some may conform to social norms in order to connect with more people, while others test the boundaries of traditional values to "keep it real". They are usually attuned to new cultural trends.

Potential Weaknesses

The Primary Instinct can be both a strength and a weakness. When people with the Social Primary Instinct become overly preoccupied with its fulfillment, they may become exceptionally sensitive to social rejection. As a result, they may be overwhelmed by feelings of shame or worthlessness, as they rely too heavily on the opinions of others. In addition, they may lose their identities in the quest for social acceptance.

Social-Sexuals have the Secure Instinct as their least dominant Instinct. As a result, they may appear erratic and ungrounded, with a tendency to ignore practical matters such as financial security, maintaining an orderly life, and health. They may also be bored in a normal, stable living. In their youth, they may find daily tasks such as eating or bathing to be a chore.

The dominant Instinct is often used to compensate for the least dominant Instinct. For instance, a Social-Sexual may find some stability and grounding by reflecting on their close relationships.

Relationships

In relationships, they wish to find someone who “deserves” to have their support and affection. Such a person ultimately helps them increase their belonging and contribution to the larger whole. Put into other words, they are attracted to those who either have a great contribution to society, or have the potential.

These types of partners allow Social-Sexuals to increase their contribution to the group in several ways – by helping the partner or the partner’s ideas better integrate into the group, by nurturing the partner, or by influencing the group from a more visible position once that person has achieved status. They are known to sometimes be attracted to those who are eccentric or reserved, as they wish to help include them. They care greatly about whether or not the potential partner is a “good” person.

They value fun and excitement in their relationships. Their partner’s happiness is one of their primary gauges of the relationship’s health. They see the couple as a part of the community, and will further its integration and contribution. Relationships are a key part of their lives, and they with go to great lengths to improve their relationships with their partners. Only when they feel that their ocial belonging is seriously jeopardized with they leave. They tend to be forgiving if they feel that the partner is still a “good” person. Worthlessness is their fear, and shame is their biggest insult.

Compatibility

A couple with similar Instincts is most compatible because it allows the two to walk in the same direction. This is the opposite from Personality, in which “complements” attract. Walking in the same direction allows a couple to reach mutually agreeable decisions, while having complementary Personalities allows the couple to solve problems using different perspectives. The latter also adds a sense of freshness to the relationship while preventing overlapping identities.

Their ideal partners are the Social-Sexuals, Social-Secures, and Sexual-Socials.

Career

Social-Sexuals feel most fulfilled when working on projects that are in line with the goals of their Primary Instinct. Namely, they wish to fully engage themselves in projects that help other people and society as a whole. With a Sexual Secondary Instinct, they utilize their creativity and desire for stimulating experiences to better achieve the aims of their Primary Instinct. Thus, they prefer careers that allow them to use their creativity to help others.

Examples of careers that they may enjoy include:

Counselor
    Event Coordinator
    Marketer
    Optometrist
    Politician
    Public Relations Manager
    Social Activist
    Social Scientist
    Teacher
    Writer

SOURCE
    Last edited by Aylen; 10-06-2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: reversed my spoiler

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*** warning : expert

Last edited by Amber; 10-04-2014 at 04:43 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand how people are grouping their pictures to the instincts. Also Daisy was a terrible woman to choose to love. Like Jenny from Forrest Gump. She gave him AIDS guys. AIDS.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah so far this thread seems the least cohesive of the bunch. I'll try to find some good examplars

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Les confidences pastorales
    Last edited by Amber; 10-05-2014 at 05:37 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The idea of a coven seems social/sexual to me even if the individual members may not be. @lungs post, in this thread, reminded me of the trailer of this series so I am doing the free association thingy.

I have the Halloween spirit in me right now.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Until someone more attuned comes up ...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post

It's your stacking, share something! Plus I remember you linking me to so/sx having a darker side but lost the link.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we should solicit the help of some actual so/sxs to help us in this endeavor because shit man

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is that anywhere near close?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I barely understand the instincts at this point so does this work or not? Pilobolus:

Last edited by golden; 10-06-2014 at 12:16 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this? Or is there sp in this?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would Lora Zombie's art fit, or is it more sx-first? I can delete any of these but am hoping to learn something, because these instinct threads mostly inform me I don't like any of the instincts. Surely I am missing something.

I thought of her in part bc she recently did a warehouse art show that was about her painting live and meeting people, and her stuff is very aimed at her cult following. Dunno.

Last edited by golden; 10-06-2014 at 01:29 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some people into bmx and it seems like it could be an so/sx subculture. (Fun. )

And team sports such as rugby?

Cheerleaders?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chamber music? Sometimes the classical music world could seem sp, but at its most vital I think it has its "rock stars" to keep it going.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIsScgpNoA
    Last edited by golden; 10-06-2014 at 01:37 AM.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know nothing about so/sx and thus have no idea why these images are being suggested. Yay for my ignorance. Perhaps I will learn by osmosis.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then there's actual rock and roll culture:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I know nothing about so/sx and thus have no idea why these images are being suggested. Yay for my ignorance. Perhaps I will learn by osmosis.
    I may be wrong and am waiting for input.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically anything from the Tyra Banks show is pretty so/sx
    (ignore the fake melodrama whatever)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will hang my head in mock shame over being addicted to America's Next Top Model.

burlesque subculture, come on (I think @Solaris was showing a burlesque-esque image in an earlier post?).

I know burlesque could seem sx first, but ime it's a social scene.

Last edited by golden; 10-06-2014 at 01:31 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    It seems I am so far away from what social means that I saw it as an opportunity for a group to all join hands, drink wine and burn together, whether they be hobbit, dwarf, human or witches. Seemed like an interesting way to increase intensity and bonding. I give up. I am going back to sx first threads.

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, @sacral asked about my avatar. It's a painting by Alex Gross, and here are some others from him. Perhaps his pov is so/sx.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    It seems I am so far away from what social means that I saw it as an opportunity for a group to all join hands, drink wine and burn together, whether they be hobbit, dwarf, human or witches. Seemed like an interesting way to increase intensity and bonding. I give up. I am going back to sx first threads.
    I think witches have a sp/sx or sx/sp feel to them (as anything bordering on the occult). I associate so/sx rather with can-can and cheer leaders (in a reductionist way), because the main purpose is one of (sexualized) entertainment of a public. Everything is in the open and aims at uniting people in good, warm, sparkly vibes, maybe lots of laughter and inspiriting bonuses. Plus any other activity where personal narratives flood into the social realm to create some sort of bonding ..so I also agree with the show idea as well as with the rock'n'roll culture or hippy culture. Aren't poly groups and communes so/sx lol. Isn't the Christiania district in Copenhagen so/sx.
    Last edited by Amber; 10-06-2014 at 12:41 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In trying to understand this stacking objectively (it could be my stacking) . . . what makes it hard imo to offer images of it is that it mostly occurs outside the frame. "You hadta be there, man."

Example: If I descended into a dark nightclub where some bands I knew were playing, to be part of a scene, to experience something intense, to meet old and new friends and lovers, watch people, and show myself (off), I entered an experience. It's more like a narrative, or several intersecting narratives, than a still image. And it's the energy between things, not the thing itself.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    I think witches have a sp/sx or sx/sp feel to them (as anything bordering on the occult). I associate so/sx rather with can-can and cheer leaders (in a reductionist way), because the main purpose is one of (sexualized) entertainment of a public. Everything is in the open and aims at uniting people in good, warm, sparkly vibes, maybe lots of laughter and inspiriting bonuses. Plus any other activity where personal narratives flood into the social realm to create some sort of bonding ..so I also agree with the show idea as well as with the rock'n'roll culture or hippy culture. Aren't poly groups and communes so/sx lol. Isn't the Christiania district in Copenhagen so/sx.
    I think I am starting to get the picture now, no pun intended. I can see how I am lacking in the social more and more lately. I haven't been into the instincts long but I have been into Enneagram for years. I can say with confidence that I usually surround myself with sx/sp, sp/sx and some sx/so. Mostly sp/sx though because they have a bit of a grounding influence on me. hahah I am not as attracted to the death, dirt and decay that some of the sp/sx I know are. I prefer the elements of purification like fire and water but I am very interested in the occult and things of that nature. I could never be a proper witch in a coven since I like to do things my way. Maybe a high priestess...

From this info I can say my youngest sister is most likely a very charismatic and innocently sexy ESE so/sx because she is all into community and getting together with friends like almost every day, which to me would be exhausting. She is a bartender, former cheerleader and loves to attend sporting events. Her inner circle is wide and even includes a lot of cops she met bartending. When they plan a vacation it includes like 10 to 20 people sometimes. She is very involved in the LGBT community and will go out of her way to show support for them. I don't know how she does it.

I hung out with them all (there were like 25 people in two hotel suites going back and forth since there were different games in each room) once and they are a pretty wild bunch of former jocks and cheerleaders. Half the group were cops and some were smoking weed and they all were playing beer pong. It was a culture shock for me and almost every person in the group tried to get me involved so I went for it, a lil bit anyway. Just not my thing. I am used to weird things by "normal" standards but to me that was weird. I would say she has very few sx/sp, sp/sx friends. There were a couple of people there I can look back and say were sp/so or so/sp now that I think about it.

When she and I go out together without our friends we click very well and have a lot of fun. She is the only person who ever got me buzzed and amped up enough to sing Karaoke...in a bar full of people..more than once... but no one there knew me.

Thanks for the insight. I always wanted to be a hippy/flower-child but born way too late. I wonder if I would have fit in.

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

"Witches Going To Their Sabbath" (1878)
    by Luis Ricardo Falero

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

"Faust and Mephisto"
    by Luis Ricardo Falero

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

"The Garden of Earthly Delights"
    by Hieronymus Bosch

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I even found some So/Sx vampires...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like to think rape is a contra-flow act ...but then who knows, everything is so relative ...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To make a long story short, I've heard at least three people of so/sx stacking say that they like their space wide-open and uncluttered. This might be instinct-pertinent.

Majority of the airy, spacy trance music is likely SOC-first as well.

Armin van Buuren - so/sx

Eelke Kleijn - so/sx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpfwDc4QQ-Y
    Last edited by silke; 12-11-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Last edited by silke; 01-29-2015 at 05:53 AM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we writing about stackings now too?

so/sx:

-always envisioned as these charges on a circuit, all linked together in a current (dunno if this is how actual science works, but whatever.)
    -not getting close to a charge is withering, you feel like there's this current elsewhere flowing through everything but it's not flowing through you
    -envisioned parallel streams of existence coiling and sitting next to each other in space. always wanted to enter all of them at the same time and experience these manifold existences. just enough to understand.
    -never had trouble consistently taking care of "sx" usually through hobbies and creative interests. i can work on these steadily even when they are boring or not going well. my loyalty to them and sense that something will "yield" eventually wins out. not sure if this is related to stacking.

also having read the other thread (sx/sp)- I'm not sure about being obsessive about intellectual interests, etc, being sx. i feel like i am naturally obsessive. so is my E5 so/sp friend, for instance. maybe not always related (or like similar surface behaviors having diff rationale.)

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast