Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you hate about your type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you hate about your type?

I hate how strongly I feel things (or, feel about things). I really don't see it as an advantage. It's caused me more harm then good in the past. I wish that I could just not care about things, but, I can't.

This is one thing I envy about ESTPs.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate how disorganized I am. I can't seem to fix it, no matter what.

I also hate that I have trouble making small decisions. Big ones I can handle. Little decisions though and I'm lost.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate that I can't seem to fit in anywhere in regards to people and groups. I don't want to be apart of the group but I do at the same time. Maybe I've been shunned enough times that I just say I don't want to be apart of it when really I do.

Also I feel like I can never reveal my "true" self to anyone (its chased more than a few people away).
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Creepy-pokeball

Default Re: What do you hate about your type?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I hate how strongly I feel things (or, feel about things). I really don't see it as an advantage. It's caused me more harm then good in the past. I wish that I could just not care about things, but, I can't.

Mature ISTps that are drunk feel like this to me. They seem to hide it well in normative settings.

Sorry that I dont have anything further to share on the subject atm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Mature ISTps that are drunk feel like this to me. They seem to hide it well in normative settings.
    YES
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-pokeball

YES
    I think it is cute although my saying so prolly makes you uncomfortable :/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bad mood that comes out of nowhere from time to time, and that I force to hide. A certain anger that comes if I don't expend energy during the day.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't say I hate anything about my NeFi.

Admittedly, the physical and mental disorganization and indeciveness get's annoying/frustrating...but in the long haul, those are minor disadvantages compared to all the advantages I get. Just because I can't organize my thoughts in ways that others can access doesn't mean that I'm as flighty as they think I am. It does mean that they don't realize I'm watching them and finding their weaknesses as they attempt to patronize me. That I'm aware of their values they don't even know they are expressing...and that if I chose to, I could use it against them. Thankfully for them....my using someone's values against them is reserved for when I'm helping someone in a legal battle.....(in which case you use the law's values against itself).

I do find it annoying that I'm looked down on not only for the mental disorganization, but the physical as well...particularly household clutter. I feel that how I live should be about what I, personally, value in my living environment, and not what others value in their own living environment (unless of course we are sharing living environments). But, here again... while my FeSi friend is working her ass off trying to keep her home spotless....I'm using that time to study/participate in whatever the hell I want to. So, while I "pity" her scrubbing her life away, I relish getting to enjoy it.

Again, while there are some annoyances to being NeFi...there are great advantages to it as well.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a second one.

I hate how I can never tell if people are being genuine or fake to me. I've grown a neurosis about that over time, but I don't like people to see it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES
    I think it is cute although my saying so prolly makes you uncomfortable :/
    It's fine.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ann, you can do better then that.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ann, you can do better then that.
    Silver linings, Rocky.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate that I can't seem to fit in anywhere in regards to people and groups. I don't want to be apart of the group but I do at the same time. Maybe I've been shunned enough times that I just say I don't want to be apart of it when really I do.

Also I feel like I can never reveal my "true" self to anyone (its chased more than a few people away).
    Agree.

I also hate my general lack of initiative. If I actually had initiative, who knows what great things I would have already had accomplished by now.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate it that I'm naturally talented at pissing people of I can compensate this side of me very well in organized and peaceful social contexts and be even charming but if the context is chaotic and I'm under pressure I become really rough, bossy, biting and lacking in manners.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

Agree.

I also hate my general lack of initiative. If I actually had initiative, who knows what great things I would have already had accomplished by now.

I got LOTS of initiative....I just lack direction and follow through. But, if given the choice of initiative vs follow through I'd choose initiative. Get someone else going who'd be interested in what I'm initiating and ride their coattails until my attention turns....or find out what someone else wants to do and get the ball rolling on it for them.

Yes, once in a while I do get frustrated cuz I don't follow through...but that is mostly because someone else is disappointed that i'm not following through, and i don't want to disappoint them.

But yes, every once in a while, I think of the great things I could have accomplished had i had the follow through and/or proper direction.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes you pay so much attention to certain jobs that this waste of time and energy can lead you to become fatigued and even to lose interest in the work.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate that I never put away my laundry

that's prolly not really all that type related though
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a lazy emotionally paracitic asshole and attention whore who doesnt like eye contact because I think everyone is stupid

Ok now the part about myself that I don't like....

I could be a little bit more manipulative i suppose. I need more practice I guess.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    I'm a lazy emotionally paracitic asshole and attention whore who doesnt like eye contact because I think everyone is stupid

Ok now the part about myself that I don't like....

I could be a little bit more manipulative i suppose. I need more practice I guess.
    lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    i hate the fact that i cannot control the bouts of depression that come over me. it's like a chemical thing that happens, and i cannot, for the sake of my own self, talk myself out of it. i hate that; i want to be in control!
    The INFj friend of mine had that. I also have it to a lesser extent. The key to depression i personally believe is not to fight it. If you fight it it becomes a demon.

I also hate that i cannot be more stable in my emotions. Sometimes i get sad that my Ne feeds my Internal Thoughts so much. Its like a STORM of thoughts. Its amazing how i dont break down lol. I cannot stop analysing myself it gets too much every now and then.

I was just thinking about it. At the moment the one thing i dont like about it is i am having trouble finding myself. I feel like a chamelion. Do i act tough, do i act kind, do i act funny? I seem to have this internal struggle with who i should be. Probablly comes from watching others so much. Hidden agenda "to know". I am more than capable of being all of these things but it gets tiring.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit:

sometimes my self-improving nature makes it hard for me to adjust to others and their lifestyles. I put too much emphasis on my personal health.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate the fact that i cannot control the bouts of depression that come over me. it's like a chemical thing that happens, and i cannot, for the sake of my own self, talk myself out of it. i hate that; i want to be in control!
    The part about wanting to be in control can be overcome. Try it, you'll like it.
    INFj

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike it that I'm always making the mistake of assuming that people have logical reasons for their actions and words.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a thing. All of my problems (The things I consider as problems) are not type related.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@pesto... yes, i do believe that some of it u can control... but not always. when u experience a lot of tragedy, your mind becomes different, and u do not look at life the same.
    I meant that you can stop wanting to be in control and learn to go with the flow more.

ETA: I'm not trying to be an ass about this. I know what I'm talking about - I've lost all control. And survived.
    INFj

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the things people said seem just the flipsides of their actual strengths. Some of them are so cute it made me want to hug everybody.

What I hate about being an ENFp is the never being quite sure if I'm right or not. I like the fact that I can see things from all possible points of view, but obviously this sort of weakens my own viewpoint - there's always this nagging voice saying "...but could there be more to it than that? Maybe you missed something. Maybe it's all totally different." Sometimes I just want to have this totally unshakeable sense of conviction other types have ("I'm right and you're stupid").

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS! Warning. If you're in a good mood, don't read this post.

I hate that my life is just a cycle of high goals and high expectation and the feeling that I haven't accomplished anything. I am not able to relax because I know how the time would be spent more effectively. I hate how I don't have the strength to stop procrastinating, but how I feel indescribably guilty doing it. I hate how I remember some moments from my past too vividly and how my mind exaggerates the meaning of those moments. I hate how I am never fully satisfied with my accomplishments, because I keep remembering the moments where I did some small mistake. I hate that I feel like each and every mistake I have ever made will have an impact of the present. There is no such thing as past, because the past is just another part of the road to the present.

If I insult someone by accident and I see the sad look in their eyes, I'll remember that moment excrusiatingly vividly even 8.5 years later. If I remember it, it fills my head and body with the feeling of that moment and I HATE it.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    If I insult someone by accident and I see the sad look in their eyes, I'll remember that moment excrusiatingly vividly even 8.5 years later. If I remember it, it fills my head and body with the feeling of that moment and I HATE it.
    Regardless of your type, this is a very clear description of how acts supported by .

EDIT: hopefully it also works for moments of positive feelings.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tired of being considered to be emotionless, cold and not eager. People give me a puzzle by demanding me to be more keen while I think it's enough. This led me to the point that I have in PoRL.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Regardless of your type, this is a very clear description of how acts supported by .
    Hmm...it is? Well maybe it is then I can see the part at least.

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    All the things people said seem just the flipsides of their actual strengths. Some of them are so cute it made me want to hug everybody.
    Well I'm sure you wouldn't want to hug me when I'm stressed and bossing you around Even though that might be just what it takes to make me relax and stop it

I hate that I feel like each and every mistake I have ever made will have an impact of the present.
    I feel like I want to hug you now! *hug* I mean you are so hard on yourself. Why you call these things mistakes? Who is to judge if they were mistakes or not. To me they are just "events". Things that led me to where I am now. I don't think they were mistakes just events. I wouldn't be here writing this post without all those things happening and neither would you. I mean if you hadn't insulted someone 8,5 years ago you wouldn't be here telling about it and receiving hugs and so on. I mean really . Call these "mistakes" events or lessons and learn from them. Don't hit yourself with them so hard Ok if it is type related you probably can't help it much but anyways

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Can you be more specific?

Sometimes I just want to have this totally unshakeable sense of conviction other types have ("I'm right and you're stupid").
    The opposite of me!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... maybe I'm too...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nessy
    I'm tired of being considered to be emotionless, cold and not eager. People give me a puzzle by demanding me to be more keen while I think it's enough. This led me to the point that I have in PoRL.
    That just makes you an Introvert, not necassarily an POLR.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... maybe I'm too...
    I think it's dynamic + negativist

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I mean you are so hard on yourself. Why you call these things mistakes? Who is to judge if they were mistakes or not. To me they are just "events". Things that led me to where I am now. I don't think they were mistakes just events. I wouldn't be here writing this post without all those things happening and neither would you. I mean if you hadn't insulted someone 8,5 years ago you wouldn't be here telling about it and receiving hugs and so on. I mean really . Call these "mistakes" events or lessons and learn from them. Don't hit yourself with them so hard Ok if it is type related you probably can't help it much but anyways
    Yeah! Everything we do, bad and good, gets us to where we're going! If I hadn't made some of the (MANY) mistakes I've made, my whole life would be different, and very possibly worse.

Cheer up, everyone!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Hmm... maybe I'm too...
    Too bad Smilex thinks ISTPs are positivits...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Hmm... maybe I'm too...
    Too bad Smilex thinks ISTPs are positivits...
    You're a Te borderline on INTP, which makes you more negative than positive. Take a look at the chart

ISTPs are extremely postive only when extreme Si sub[/img]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nessy
    That just makes you an Introvert, not necassarily an POLR.
    So you're extrovert

jk, but it sounds like the 'misunderstanding by psychologists (Jung is said to state this)' of Jungian introversion a bit rather than Socionics. I adore an INFp's warm smile besides it costs me overempathy.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast