Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,440 of 1494

Thread: sx/sp

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by Hope; 09-13-2018 at 05:15 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx/sp is so easy to recognize even at first sight. The face, the behaviour, everything.

She doesn't belong to any group. IMO.
    "Do you know any cities in New Zealand?" I cracked up.

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sx/sp-1 (EII-Fi?) discovering that he has been neglecting his social instinct

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Billie Eilish - Se-ESI E6 sx/sp

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rei Ayanami: LSI-Ti 5w6 sx/sp (and she should be my wife, dammit)

edit: changed ILI to LSI
    Last edited by Dauphin; 12-10-2018 at 12:59 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    sx/sp-1 (EII-Fi?) discovering that he has been neglecting his social instinct

He said he wanted to have $ for higher social status. Introverts, works a lot so as to be able to reenter with a better image.
    10:28 "Anytime the world, anytime the environment, people around me, all myself tries to pull me back toward focusing on money so I can buy more things, so I can feel good about myself and feel like I have social status. I need to redirect, realign."
    Thing is, Sx/Sps have it the other way around: we don't get the pull this guy gets. We want social status, of course we do but rather on our terms. With less conformism and self-sacrifices. And do take note, he did say back in his uni days he was able to gather 50-60 people to a house party even if he was living far out (3:56). Now that's something. That's not 1-to-1. It's more like his 4w5 that is being concerned with power and status so he rigidly goes one way build up his own ivory tower. At least that's what I think. In the end community (E6) is one of the main punch lines, although I think a core-fix E3 would have recognized sooner the futility of the American jeremiad self-help mindset. E1 you got it right and I think INFP too, 1s are like a dozer, ram through things, 3s wanna cut corners more and have time to do the James Bond charmant playboy act (as if they didn't even break a sweat).

+ looking at now his video listing page, he's got them fully edited with all kinds of social memes, patreon support and shit, he's just too committed to relying on external feedback than a "tru" Sx/Sp
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, and since this is also a music video thread with entirely unrelated cheap, corny, plastic 21st century pop music, I feel compelled to contribute (and not stand out like an Sx/Sp would): so here's a completely unrelated sx/sp music video to keep the sexy-sexy mood of the thread spiced up (by showing hot chicks in total control, getting all those bulky guys drooling over them):

Yup, this is da truth! In 'Merica "Sx/Sp" is the tru way to sell yourself! Clint Eastwood needed no help from nobody, he survived all on his own, tru self-made individualist! everybody learn from this guy, real 'Merican, he needs no help from nobody, he goes from rags to riches with lightspeed. Just cuz he's a lonewolf with supapowerz like buttmaaaan

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://orthodoxwiki.org/Adelphopoiesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelphopoiesis

"Adelphopoiesis, or adelphopoiia from the Greek ἀδελφοποίησις, derived from ἀδελφός (adelphos) "brother" and ποιέω (poieō) "I make", literally "brother-making" is a ceremony practiced historically in Christian tradition to unite together two people of the same sex (normally men) in a church-recognized relationship analogous to siblinghood."

"Documented in Byzantine manuscripts from the ninth to the fifteenth centuries, prayers established participants as "'spiritual brothers' (pneumatikous adelphous) and contained references to sainted pairs, including most notably SS Sergius and Bacchus as well SS Cosmas and Damian, who were famous for their friendship."

An sx/sp concept, certainly
    It likely really wasn't homosexual in nature, by the way. Ancient cultures took platonic male relationships far more seriously back then.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    https://orthodoxwiki.org/Adelphopoiesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelphopoiesis

"Adelphopoiesis, or adelphopoiia from the Greek ἀδελφοποίησις, derived from ἀδελφός (adelphos) "brother" and ποιέω (poieō) "I make", literally "brother-making" is a ceremony practiced historically in Christian tradition to unite together two people of the same sex (normally men) in a church-recognized relationship analogous to siblinghood."

"Documented in Byzantine manuscripts from the ninth to the fifteenth centuries, prayers established participants as "'spiritual brothers' (pneumatikous adelphous) and contained references to sainted pairs, including most notably SS Sergius and Bacchus as well SS Cosmas and Damian, who were famous for their friendship."

An sx/sp concept, certainly
    It likely really wasn't homosexual in nature, by the way. Ancient cultures took platonic male relationships far more seriously back then.
    This is too formal to be social-last. From an sx/sp view point you can make friends just as well without turning it into some kind of a public ceremony, the hidden point of which is seeking social approval.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is too formal to be social-last. From an sx/sp view point you can make friends just as well without turning it into some kind of a public ceremony, the hidden point of which is seeking social approval.
    The criticism is valid but what's with the deer? It's like, one troll trolling the other. I'm not sure people took those ceremonies seriously, although I can say that between sx/sp males who fit/complement the other's type, a more intimate bonding can happen. I mean I can see the potential of that but so far it hasn't happened with me. I could have had a potential with this ex-uni-colleague of mine if he wasn't ESTP and if he didn't have his Sx/Sp as a 3w4. The chemistry was there, but we had fall-outs in other areas. Interestingly, he still writes to me (around the time I also feel like writing to him but don't because of grudges) and we can still get brutally honest with each other over e-mail. But the Sp/So or So/Sp people I wanted to develop a closer rapport with at that time and perhaps felt the start of a friendship with have, nevertheless, gone on with their life after I left the city and as they say "out of sight, out of mind," didn't bother keeping in touch, no matter how much I initiated that. So I wish I had a "blood brother," although I'm afraid the only place I've seen a friendship like that was in a series called the Highlander (1992-1998) DDD.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neokortex View Post
    The criticism is valid but what's with the deer? It's like, one troll trolling the other. I'm not sure people took those ceremonies seriously, although I can say that between sx/sp males who fit/complement the other's type, a more intimate bonding can happen. I mean I can see the potential of that but so far it hasn't happened with me. I could have had a potential with this ex-uni-colleague of mine if he wasn't ESTP and if he didn't have his Sx/Sp as a 3w4. The chemistry was there, but we had fall-outs in other areas. Interestingly, he still writes to me (around the time I also feel like writing to him but don't because of grudges) and we can still get brutally honest with each other over e-mail. But the Sp/So or So/Sp people I wanted to develop a closer rapport with at that time and perhaps felt the start of a friendship with have, nevertheless, gone on with their life after I left the city and as they say "out of sight, out of mind," didn't bother keeping in touch, no matter how much I initiated that. So I wish I had a "blood brother," although I'm afraid the only place I've seen a friendship like that was in a series called the Highlander (1992-1998) DDD.
    The deer gif has no connection to the post above it. Why would you assume that it does and why would you assume that anyone here is trolling?

Wrt to this dude, have you ever felt like you needed to go through some kind of social ceremony to have that kind of rapport with him?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you misunderstand the purpose of the ritual. The young Christian men that participated in the ceremony would have seen it as the ultimate expression of love for one's spiritual brother, as a promise to God to never part from him and to ensure a mutual path towards Heaven. It is platonic love at its most intense and rewarding.

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The deer gif has no connection to the post above it. Why would you assume that it does and why would you assume that anyone here is trolling?

Wrt to this dude, have you ever felt like you needed to go through some kind of social ceremony to have that kind of rapport with him?
    Why would I assume it? It's "bad posting quality," at least that's how they call it on PerC. But at least the person before you made a sincere effort, even if an uninformed one. No, no social ceremony but no reindeer either.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post

That video is Sp/Sx (contraflow) af. And 4-inspired.
    I'd also say that Billie is rather Sp/Sx than Sx/Sp.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post

so lush!!
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand lol

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    I know. I'm just mocking how enneagram tends to turn into very superficial artistic and literary analysis. It's like some gross TVTropes formula: person and creature = Sp/Sx. Everything needs a clear, clean-cut, and obvious category based on just simple things like that, and there's no room for ambiguity, subversion, inversion, or subtle differences in meaning due to context or intent. All the work from there is drilling the motif "person and creature = Sp/Sx" into people's heads through repetition, and calling anyone who doesn't understand stupid because "IT'S BEEN REPEATED SO MUCH, YOU HAVE TO BE STUPID NOT TO UNDERSTAND". What if the person represents all of humanity and the creature represents a person's alienation from general humanity as part of their own nature? So/Sp. What if the person represents civilization and the creature represents animalistic impulses to seek gratification? Sx/So. But instead, everything must fit straight into a formula, and context is nothing. That's not how communication works on any level. GODISNOWHERE.

The quote I made shows the same principle. The speaker this is totally not over-poetic nonsense from my actual worldview is a creature because they feel like they can't identify with wider humanity, and the worlds (world is from a Proto-Germanic word meaning "age of man") they create and destroy by walking are the worlds within them defined by their subjective perception, which changes through their experience ("A man cannot step in the same river twice..."). But these worlds are also alien to them, since they are not a person, but a creature.
    This is actually a really underrated post that demonstrates the core problem with enneagram and the enneagram community.
    Yes, it is. It is quite odd that only a few of us are here who are critical thinking (well, even that statement can be criticized)
    and now as I read back it appears that we all pass each other by, without recognizing that we're in the same team. But instead we individually try to fight our battle against the hoards of personality theory co-opters. I feel like I really owe this to my own intellectual elitism, stuck-upness.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your hearts there to guide you
    Don't leave it beside you
    We feel for a reason and change with the seasons
    Your heart's there to guide you
    Don't leave it beside you
    We feel for a reason so don't commit treason

Bury me by myself, not in a mass grave
    I won't live a lie and keep pretending
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/YHcKoAMGGvY

The theme of the Netflix show - Russian Doll , is sx/sp AF IMO.
    Last edited by inabox; 05-14-2019 at 06:44 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of the One-ish sort

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI sx/sp

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post

She's def social last; but I get 6-4-1 sp/sx vibes from her.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    She's def social last; but I get 6-4-1 sp/sx vibes from her.
    from what i've gathered from interviews etc. i personally do think that sx/sp is likely for her rather than sp/sx. i think she might be the strong sp - wanderer subtype.