Thread: sx/sp

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Amber; 10-22-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll try to find some samples who don't look like psychopaths later.

" Everyone who met Rasputin remarked on his eyes and how hypnotic they were. His "shining steel-like" or "bright and brilliant" and "intelligent" eyes became legendary. According to Theofan, Paul Kurlov and Count Kokotsov he had "piercing" eyes. to Yusupov his eyes were "phosphorescent"; to
    Tamara Karsavina
    he had the eyes of a maniac. Elena Dzhanumova wrote in her diary: “What eyes he has! You cannot endure his gaze for long."

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude at work: Within, you've got that perfect psychopath backslick, just as xxxx and xxxx and xxxx. (Listing patients with Antisocial personality disorder).
    Me: You think my backslick is perfect?
    Dude at work: I'm saying you creep me out.
    Me: Excuse me, I have to return some video tapes.
    Last edited by Tonatiuh; 10-22-2014 at 08:14 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post

The sexual life of adult women is a “dark continent” for psychology. The Question of Lay Analysis

Sigmund Freud, EII E5w6 sx/sp (some people type him LII...)

Last edited by Amber; 10-23-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sure eno is also sx/sp. He's typed E5w6, but I think he's E5w4 (in any case strong 4 fix, not 6)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The music of this band can vacillate between sx/sp and sp/sx. I imagine the members consist of both sx/sp and sp/sx types by their vibe.

"To understand the mind and soul, and to find the perfect union."
    Appearance: brooding, intense, immersed, fantastical.
    Role: mystic, wanderer, soul mate, lover, seducer.
    They idealize about potential partners, always longing for the perfect union. When they find a soul mate, they quietly bond with an exceptional level of intimacy. Since they rarely engage in social formalities, the partner may be unaware of the level of intimacy that the Secure-Sexual [typo?] has until much later. Once connected, they have difficulty letting go, even though they may still fantasize about more perfect relationships.

They are keenly aware of the intimacy between themselves and their partners. They see intimacy, or closeness, as the measure of how healthy the relationship is. They will feel conflicted and frustrated in relationships in which they cannot fully bond, but they will become “one” with their partners in ones that are a good fit. The passion and loyalty they have for former partners does not fade. Instead, it is overshadowed by someone that they can feel can provide more closeness and trust. They enjoy marriage for the security that it provides. Dullness is their biggest fear, and personal rejection is their biggest insult.
    Sexual – is NOT one-on-one. One-on-one—romance—is a heart issue. This is sometimes mistaken for an instinctual choice. In Nature, sexual reproduction helps to genetically diversify the species—conduces to survival. Russ calls this instinct “attraction.” It’s aggressive, competitive, single-minded, on display, the animal finds smells, stimulation. Use of energy is intensely creative, fiery, go-get-it, a life-and-death matter. E.g. salmon swimming upstream to mate and die.

We live in a sea of magnetism—attraction/repulsion—we don’t control this, or what we are drawn to. Most being-drawn doesn’t lead to the sexual act. We’re turned or not. It is what it is. You can’t fight mother nature. Attraction is smarter than social needs. Russ and Gayle gave the story of how someone has shown that arranged marriages conduce to a more stable society but one which is more susceptible to being wiped out by epidemics. Attraction has an unconscious intelligence. (pheremones).

In relationship, there’s desire for endless engagement and fascination. One is captivated energetically by someone or something. Not after domestic simplicity. One can have the sexual instinct operating with friends—being in the heat. Stimulated, energized.

The Whore, The Cook And The Mother

Tell me that I'm a sinner
    Lay me down again
    I need a soft flesh bed
    My lust must be fed
    Lay your hands on me
    Lay your perfect hands on me
    You know exactly what I want
    So open wide
    Take me now I'm yours
    Lay me down again
    Your heat rips through me
    Your hands rip my skin
    Deep inside your love
    You're screaming for me again
    My seed is passed to you
    We are now one
    To you. I'll only give it to you
    (But only if you're there)
    Only you. There's no-one else for me
    (Until something better comes)
    Be mine. Be mine forever more
    (Until I'm fucking sick of you)

[reversed speech:]

How old are you?
    Tell me what you remember about your first few birthdays?
    How tall was your mother?
    I said. How tall was your mother?
    What colour was her favourite dress?
    Did you have any pets when you were a child?
    You see women stripping on a television in a shop window. Do you stay and see what happens or do you continue walking?
    If a blind man drops some money in the street do you pick it up and give it back to him or keep it for yourself?
    You're driving in your car and suddenly a cat runs out right in front of you and you accidentally hit it. You're in no hurry to get anywhere and the poor animal is screaming in pain but you don't bother to stop and help it. How do you feel?

For example, sx/sp and sp/sx are significantly missing the Social elements of fresh air and sunlight. Looking at them there’s a kind of shrouded/hooded quality, something of a cave-dweller or a Death theme in some form (scroll back up to the stacking titles in the section just above to get a feel for it). ‹ Take away air, quickly comes Death. › The obliviousness to the collective good (Social-last) contributes to the shadowy/cloaked quality of these stackings — there’s an unintelligence about social stigma that can take people of these two stackings deep into ‘alternative’ territories. On the upside, communications here can be more personal, contactful and intimate because the aura of the collective isn’t brought into one-to-one exchanges in the way it inadvertently is with those who aren’t social-last. This friend-of-the-dark quality can translate to a capacity to work, hands on (figuratively-speaking), in the muck of psyche, and linger long with other people’s ugly/corrupt underbellies and issues, potentially spilling themselves into others’ dark sides.
    Last edited by Aylen; 10-23-2014 at 10:38 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

William Blake, The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    " Everyone who met Rasputin remarked on his eyes and how hypnotic they were. His "shining steel-like" or "bright and brilliant" and "intelligent" eyes became legendary.
    According to Theofan, Paul Kurlov and Count Kokotsov he had "piercing" eyes.
    to Yusupov his eyes were "phosphorescent"

My father has eyes like that. He is pretty much a sx/sp exemplar.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pink's music strikes me as sx/sp.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think she's sx/so ...SLE Enneagram 8, maybe that's why she sounds more angry/edgy and less socially levelled out.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I cannot identify with absolutely anything in the cartoon above, it vibes sp/sx, just like Joan Cornella.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

methinks the lady is SEE sx/sp

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot identify with absolutely anything in the cartoon above, it vibes sp/sx, just like Joan Cornella.
    too bad, I identify the fuck out of it

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    too bad, I identify the fuck out of it

I didn't want to be overly intrusive when I read your long monologue ....but I think you associate the sx/sp stack with loneliness and low sex drive due to a specific sexual orientation...? Sx first has an extremely high relational energy generally, if anything (by this I mean ofc much more than sex). They can hardly stay single for a long time. Just saying. But I do respect your personal experiences and understanding.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't want to be overly intrusive when I read your long monologue ....but I think you associate the sx/sp stack with loneliness and low sex drive due to a specific sexual orientation...?
    I don't correlate sx/sp with either of those things per se. My point was more that a comparatively low sex drive is still compatible with an sx/sp mentality.

I also may be more demisexual than I've realized, which will surely skew my outlook. Will need to meditate on that.

Sx first has an extremely high relational energy generally, if anything (by this I mean ofc much more than sex). They can hardly stay single for a long time. Just saying. But I do respect your personal experiences and understanding.
    Relational energy is a good way of putting it. It doesn't necessitate that the relationship be romantic by default.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can hardly stay single for a long time
    My understanding of the sx/sp (or at least some sx/sps) is an opposite approach. "I'd rather be alone than with someone who doesn't completely get me." It's the sp-lasts I've known who've been the more serial relationship jumpers.

"This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging."
    Last edited by Galen; 10-29-2014 at 05:58 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My understanding of the sx/sp (or at least some sx/sps) is an opposite approach. "I'd rather be alone than with someone who doesn't completely get me." It's the sp-lasts I've known who've been the more serial relationship jumpers.

"This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging."
    So you see sx/sp as more being about searching for someone or giving yourself up to someone who gets you? I would think that a sense of being understood by someone seems a bit social but it does make sense that the merging can be stronger that way or an ideal for complete fusion for sx-firsts. Sx/Sps probably lose themselves more deeply in their attractions and may take longer jumping back up but I have heard and seen some sx firsts get promiscuous or into serial relationships and it looks more like an ego thing, like proving their desirability or ability to attract or just craving fresh stimulation. I've also heard about the abstinent aspect though. I'm Sp last and don't really get into relationships in the first place to be serial dating but sp lasts doing that more makes sense since they may have more options and are more in tuned socially so more likely to get into relationships.

I also isolate myself for a very long time but I guess you guys probably do it less consciously, like it's a result of living in their own world and maybe recovering the pieces from losing themselves in your attractions? When I do, it's more hardcore. Like I disappear off the map.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I identify with both what you say here and the description. But it wasn't about relationship jumping ... I see sx/sp as a need for and commitment to someone you communicate deeply and intensely with. If I'm in such a relationship, I don't really need something else (e.g. variety or novelty). However I *can* be with a person I don't have this uber-energizing organic experience with, just that it kind of feels like only a third of my emotional potential is active and I view that "relationship" (interaction) as temporary/not ideal.

The bolded part - isolation for long periods before reemerging ... I don't know if it's really for long periods, but this is something that happens to me when I experience the dissolution of a relationship I was attached to (in a fully Sx way) or when I cannot be with someone I feel that connection with. I do experience that transformative force of the Sx instinct in those cases (regeneration, death through fire etc.) The worst thing of this kind happened when I couldn't be with a person because I was committed to another (and not only formally). So I wouldn't call this relationship jumping. Anyway of course I have also been single myself for specific periods ..what I meant is that in such a case I actively need someone I can communicate with and I do my best to come across such a person. I could hardly resign myself to the idea that this is not possible.
    Last edited by Amber; 10-29-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identify with both what you say here and the description. But it wasn't about relationship jumping ... I see sx/sp as a need for and commitment to someone you communicate deeply and intensely with. If I'm in such a relationship, I don't really need something else (e.g. variety or novelty).
    Very much so, yes.

However I *can* be with a person I don't have this uber-energizing organic experience with, just that it kind of feels like only a third of my emotional potential is active and I view that "relationship" (interaction) as temporary/not ideal.
    I can't imagine sustaining a relationship like that for very long. If you can't be really engaged with someone you're seeing, then what's the point? Don't really think I could do the temporary relationship deal, it'd just be more of a hassle than it's worth without much payoff.

The bolded part - isolation for long periods before reemerging ... I don't know if it's really for long periods, but this is something that happens to me when I experience the dissolution of a relationship I was attached to (in a fully Sx way) or when I cannot be with someone I feel that connection with. I do experience that transformative force of the Sx instinct in those cases (regeneration, death through fire etc.) The worst thing of this kind happened when I couldn't be with a person because I was committed to another (and not only formally). So I wouldn't call this relationship jumping.
    When my last relationship came to an end I basically hid myself away for years trying (and failing) to recover from it. Hell, when I was rejected by my last major romantic interest I put myself in emotional quarantine for at least a month before returning to normal.

Anyway of course I have also been single myself for specific periods ..what I meant is that in such a case I actively need someone I can communicate with and I do my best to come across such a person. I could hardly resign myself to the idea that this is not possible.
    But then what happens when you can't get that depth of communication for a long time? You just ... get used to it at a certain stage. You accept the internal disquietude for the time being and wait for the next target to strike down when the time is right.

I imagine that my situation is a bit of an exceptional circumstance, but I don't want to go into a diatribe about it, nor do I think anybody else would care to read.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I'm a cured ex-obsessive beyonce fan, and in her personal life and interviews she's not exhibitionistic at all. If it's just through music it doesn't count imo Cause it's like just expressing the primary instinct subliminally - through art. Eminem, for example, is that way in both music and personal life, Madonna.. Whitney Houston... Britney Spears. These are sx/so's and their lives reflect it. Beyonce actually comes off kinda boring in interviews, and very together, which sp lasts don't lol
    madonna is sp/so, britney spears and huston are so/sx most likely. How come you made them all Sx/so?! I agree with Eminem, a very obvious cp 6 sx/so.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I've seen them all typed that way so of course it could be wrong, but it could work. Sx first would seem to work for britney and whitney - impulsive, addiction problems, explosive relationships... Also seem contra-flow. I see soc/sx as less likely to have tantrums as those two have had.. soc/sx vibes a bit smoother to me in temperament.
    Madonna, Eminem and most likely Houston as well are sx/so imo, but Britney I'm certain is so/sx (a mentally ill one).

Beyonce is a sexual last for sure, I put all my money on it.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Btw, I think Gotye looks a lot like @Galen. IEE sx/sp?
    mmyep, agreed on all accounts

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was thinking how sx/sp stacking can come across very contra-flow like, especially when coupled with some reactive enneagram type. All so lasts kinda do. So I think you can easily mistype someone on this impression.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with the above claim. Mfckr (probably an 8w7) and even Korpsey Knievel could be easily used in defense of such a thesis.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this dude - Ralph Fiennes

I know some people like silke type him sx/so, but I think he's sx/sp .... maybe also coz he resembles my LSI-Ti E5 sx/sp ex a bit. I'm inclined to give him this type generally, although in pics like the second one he kinda melts into IEI lol.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sx/sp writing style

"But it was not the presents that made her wrap him up in her thighs. They were charming, of course (especially the jar of butterfly he let loose in her bedroom), but her real pleasure was the fact that he talked to her. They had genuine conversations. He did not speak down at her, nor content himself with puerile questions about life or monologues of his own activities. Thinking she was possibly brilliant, like his mother, he seemed to expect brilliance from her, and she delivered. (...)

As she rocked there, swayed there, like a Georgia pine on its knees, high above the slipping, falling smile, high above the golden eyes and the velvet helmet of hair, rocking, swaying, she focused her thoughts to bar the creeping disorder that was flooding her hips. (...) Letting her thoughts dwell on his face in order to confine, for just a while longer, the drift of her flesh toward the high silence of orgasm.
    If I take a chamois and rub real hard on the bone, right on the ledge of your cheek bone, some of the black will disappear. It will flake away into the chamois and underneath there will be gold leaf. I can see it shining through the black. I know it is there ... (...)
    And if I take a nail file or even Eva's old paring knife - that will do - and scrape away at the gold, it will fade away and there will be alabaster. The alabaster is what gives your face its planes, its curves. That is why your mouth smiling does not reach your eyes. Alabaster is giving it a gravity that resists a total smile. (..)
    Then I can take a chisel and small tap hammer and tap away at the alabaster. It will crack then like ice under the pick, and through the breaks I will see the loam, fertile, free of pebbles and twigs. (...)

I will water your soil, keep it rich and moist. But how much? How much water to keep the loam moist? And how much loam will I need to keep my water still? And when do the two make mud?" (Toni Morrison, Sula)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sp/sx picture above ... Persephone myth, symbolism of the poppy flower, the soul held captive in death (Hades - earth/matter). but maybe there's some intense (sexual) energy or life force there and I can't sense it.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sp/sx picture above ... Persephone myth, symbolism of the poppy flower, the soul held captive in death (Hades - earth/matter). but maybe there's some intense (sexual) energy or life force there and I can't sense it.
    That is from the Sandman comic and there is a Sp/Sx element to this comic as well. But this is Dream Reborn, this is the reborn form of Dream, The Sandman. The incarnation of Morpheus is Sp/Sx and the new incarnation is imo Sx/Sp. Descending and ascending.

One of the motifs of the story is Morpheus entering hell in the beginning of the story and in a way he returns there to free someone later, but in so doing also dies. The whole entire comic is very much a interplay of Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp motifs.

There is many sx/sp element of this comic is Orpheus and Eurydice, going into hell and returning, but at the last moment losing Eurydice again. It is also Hades, but a different representation.

http://whatculture.com/comics/15-emo...hed-tear.php/3

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    That is from the Sandman comic and there is a Sp/Sx element to this comic as well. But this is Dream Reborn, this is the reborn form of Dream, The Sandman. The incarnation of Morpheus is Sp/Sx and the new incarnation is imo Sx/Sp. Descending and ascending.

One of the motifs of the story is Morpheus entering hell in the beginning of the story and in a way he returns there to free someone later, but in so doing also dies. The whole entire comic is very much a interplay of Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp motifs.

There is many sx/sp element of this comic is Orpheus and Eurydice, going into hell and returning, but at the last moment losing Eurydice again. It is also Hades, but a different representation.

http://whatculture.com/comics/15-emo...hed-tear.php/3

While I agree that there are sx/sp elements in the story of Orpheus and Eurydice, I cannot help signaling that a "comic" perspective on a relatively deep myth with a tragic epic line is doubtlessly a contra-flow one. But well, I think you're so/sp anyway, as you probably know. The phoenix picture you posted before beautifully contained the sx/sp core-energy.
    Last edited by Amber; 11-07-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

since this is about sx/sp myths .....

adonis and aphrodite (this representation is not necessarily sx/sp, but I like the picture by george barbier)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

While I agree that there are sx/sp elements in the story of Orpheus and Euridice, I cannot help signaling that a "comic" perspective on a relatively deep myth with a tragic epic line is doubtlessly a contra-flow one. But well, I think you're so/sp anyway, as you probably know. The phoenix picture you posted before beautifully contained the sx/sp core-energy.
    The Sandman is written by Neil Gaiman, hardly just a "comic" writer. This is one of the greatest comics of all time along with Watchman/Dark Knight/Maus. He has various movies as well Coraline, Stardust, and more probably on the way. At the present time comics define popular media, as seen in the highest grossing movies and such. Comics are imo syn-flo, as they represent a sort of populism and human touching heart to literature. Many comic characters will last longer than Kerouac or any number of writers with accolades in the 20th century.

As far as my enneagram stacking, I am sx/sp, but as Avatar of THUNDER GOD, I am so/sp.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast