That fires our sad escape
    And holds passion more than words can say

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"On our earth we can truly love only with suffering and through suffering! We know not how to love otherwise. We know no other love." - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    "On our earth we can truly love only with suffering and through suffering! We know not how to love otherwise. We know no other love." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
    I Fyodor Dostoyevsky

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

c6895c87-e071-4e08-b4b5-7aef0c1643e2.jpg

Remedios Varo - Boy and Butterfly
    Last edited by voider; 09-02-2019 at 08:10 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    what's sexual about meeting a giant wolf in the forest?

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    what's sexual about meeting a giant wolf in the forest?
    Red riding hood / Big Bad Wolf is Halloween victim-aggressor 101 where I come from.

Here's some links on the off chance this is not snark and you are actually legitimately unaware of the sexual imagery in the little red riding hood story. Or for the benefit of anyone reading this who isn't Sx first or aggressor (Se) ego or has mistyped themselves.

I see this forum has a lot of mistypes. I also see this forum reaches people all over the world, who may not have the same folk and pop culture mythologies. So hopefully this helps somebody.

https://www.pitt.edu/~dash/perrault02.html
    Little Red Riding Hood

Charles Perrault 1628 - 1703

Once upon a time there lived in a certain village a little country girl, the prettiest creature who was ever seen. Her mother was excessively fond of her; and her grandmother doted on her still more. This good woman had a little red riding hood made for her. It suited the girl so extremely well that everybody called her Little Red Riding Hood.
    One day her mother, having made some cakes, said to her, "Go, my dear, and see how your grandmother is doing, for I hear she has been very ill. Take her a cake, and this little pot of butter."

Little Red Riding Hood set out immediately to go to her grandmother, who lived in another village.

As she was going through the wood, she met with a wolf, who had a very great mind to eat her up, but he dared not, because of some woodcutters working nearby in the forest. He asked her where she was going. The poor child, who did not know that it was dangerous to stay and talk to a wolf, said to him, "I am going to see my grandmother and carry her a cake and a little pot of butter from my mother."

"Does she live far off?" said the wolf
    "Oh I say," answered Little Red Riding Hood; "it is beyond that mill you see there, at the first house in the village."
    "Well," said the wolf, "and I'll go and see her too. I'll go this way and go you that, and we shall see who will be there first."

The wolf ran as fast as he could, taking the shortest path, and the little girl took a roundabout way, entertaining herself by gathering nuts, running after butterflies, and gathering bouquets of little flowers. It was not long before the wolf arrived at the old woman's house. He knocked at the door: tap, tap.

"Who's there?"

"Your grandchild, Little Red Riding Hood," replied the wolf, counterfeiting her voice; "who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter sent you by mother."
    The good grandmother, who was in bed, because she was somewhat ill, cried out, "Pull the bobbin, and the latch will go up."
    The wolf pulled the bobbin, and the door opened, and then he immediately fell upon the good woman and ate her up in a moment, for it been more than three days since he had eaten. He then shut the door and got into the grandmother's bed, expecting Little Red Riding Hood, who came some time afterwards and knocked at the door: tap, tap.

"Who's there?"

Little Red Riding Hood, hearing the big voice of the wolf, was at first afraid; but believing her grandmother had a cold and was hoarse, answered, "It is your grandchild Little Red Riding Hood, who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter mother sends you."
    The wolf cried out to her, softening his voice as much as he could, "Pull the bobbin, and the latch will go up."
    Little Red Riding Hood pulled the bobbin, and the door opened.
    The wolf, seeing her come in, said to her, hiding himself under the bedclothes, "Put the cake and the little pot of butter upon the stool, and come get into bed with me."

Little Red Riding Hood took off her clothes and got into bed. She was greatly amazed to see how her grandmother looked in her nightclothes, and said to her,
    "Grandmother, what big arms you have!"

"All the better to hug you with, my dear."
    "Grandmother, what big legs you have!"
    "All the better to run with, my child."
    "Grandmother, what big ears you have!"
    "All the better to hear with, my child."
    "Grandmother, what big eyes you have!"
    "All the better to see with, my child."
    "Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!"
    "All the better to eat you up with."

And, saying these words, this wicked wolf fell upon Little Red Riding Hood, and ate her all up.

Moral: Children, especially attractive, well bred young ladies, should never talk to strangers, for if they should do so, they may well provide dinner for a wolf. I say "wolf," but there are various kinds of wolves. There are also those who are charming, quiet, polite, unassuming, complacent, and sweet, who pursue young women at home and in the streets. And unfortunately, it is these gentle wolves who are the most dangerous ones of all.

Sexual Symbolism in “Little Red Riding Hood”

Shavit, Zohar. “The Concept of Childhood and Children’s Folktales: Test Case-‘Little Red Riding Hood’” p. 317-331.

“It is clear that the erotic aspect of encourages the reading of the text as the story of a gentleman exploiting the innocence of a village girl and enjoying her charms, rather than simply as the story of a little girl who is devoured by a wolf” (Shavit, p. 325)

Instinctual Variants

(SX): This is being ‘in heat’ (psychologically), exploring for ‘electrical juice’, the narcotic of attraction, pushing the envelope, the edge, pouring through for that peak something, fanning out electric-colored peacock feathers, the sense of being a half-something on the hunt for the other half, exposure to potential self-destruction in the realms of Social and Self-Preservation. ‘The World as a mating dance,’ broadcasting the self as a beautiful object, attempting to allure with the ‘art of me’ (my aesthetic, my music, my art, my taste), casting a net (or a pheromone) out for that certain someone to complete an electrical circuit, a nose for the individualized scent of the soul we long to burn our imprint into, and they into ours. Chemistry, not intimacy. Involuntary attraction and repulsion. Archetypally, this Instinct rules the alchemical processes, transformation/transmogrification, metallurgy, phoenix rising from the ashes, the radical rebirth in the wild-eyed shaman whirling in fire and blood. Some authors have sought to tame this Instinct with new names, such as Intimate or one-to-one, but any attempt at reworking the Instinct into something wholesome/spiritual/romantic misses the mark: the Sexual Instinct is an unbridled narcotic of wanting, untethered by ethics/morality. Recklessness. A live wire longing to burn…and be burned to death. The classical image of Eros’ arrow (erotic attraction) shot through the heart accurately alludes to the danger here: potential ruin and destruction under the guise of Love.

The Sexual Instinct is the Death Instinct

Freud proposed the idea of a death drive or death instinct, and wrote of it as separate and altogether different from the sexual (Life) instinct. From the perspective of the Sexual Instinct within the context of its interaction with the Enneagram of Personality, it begins to make more sense to view these two (Sex & Death) as different sides of the same coin.

The trite image of Eros (Cupid) shooting an arrow through the heart (i.e.- instant death) is intuitively correct. The Sexual Instinct is elementally masochistic and self-divided. It’s as much a deathwish as it is wanting to push the envelope of creative exploration or erotic ecstasy or reveal our essence and merge with another. Creation by destruction.

Rightly, it’s actually two instincts in one…the opposite principles of Masculine and Feminine, impossibly existing within the same space, within the confines of one Instinct. Paradoxically, one and two forces at the same time. Part of the conundrum of sx – an aspect of its messiness – is precisely its eternal cusp-ness. The fact that it can never be defined as just-one or just-two gets at an essential aspect of the Instinct. Sp and soc make sense. Of the three Instincts, the mind has the most difficulty clasping onto a stable concept of the nature of this Instinct. With extreme prejudice, sx excludes logic from its unfair environs. It spews lukewarm pragmatism from its mouth. In contrast to the image of a benign Universe formed from and existing within an equal balance of Masculine and Feminine energies, the Sexual instinct — as holder of Masculine/Feminine — is perfectly unreasonable and chaotic.

Genital symbolism is unavoidable here. Stabbing the gash that bleeds. Female pleasure cries are those of a victim of violence. She’s the vocal one, the pain/pleasure victim. Taken/destroyed/pillaged. And then, upon male orgasm, the death phase of the man’s cycle. The Feminine ascends, energetically. La petite mort. Man falls asleep, Woman charges up. He’s formerly the aggressive hunter; now, it turns out, she ‘took’ him, covertly. Slipped off into the night with his ‘life’ / his reproductive energy. All this, a co-equal destruction cycle… Equality Of The Sexes, it’s been here all along.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

RE: LRRH

"The Company of Wolves" is one of my favorite movies. Another twist on LRRH that aligns with another French version of the tale. Spoilers in the clips if anyone plans to watch the movie.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@inaLim far fetched but alright

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is that?
    I think everything he’s posted in here is the most sx/sp of what anyone has posted.
    Your instincts bleed into everything, not just what your instincts are about specifically.
    You have to look for the deeper meanings.
    I think that picture is very spiritual, even, and to me, sx/sp is the most spiritual stacking.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    to me, sx/sp is the most spiritual stacking.
    Oh? How so?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Why is that?
    I think everything he’s posted in here is the most sx/sp of what anyone has posted.
    Your instincts bleed into everything, not just what your instincts are about specifically.
    You have to look for the deeper meanings.
    I think that picture is very spiritual, even, and to me, sx/sp is the most spiritual stacking.
    oh yeah I'm not deep enough to understand the reference between a giant wolf and sex

anyways, it kinda made sense when he/she explained it. I'm not sure how the photo is spiritual though? when the poster described it he described it as predator/prey stuff, which is not that spiritual to me lol. it is sexual though but i don't know how specific it is to sx/sp.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Oh? How so?
    Well, a simple vibe isn’t always the best explanation... but from my experience, they tend to have deep insights that seemingly appear from nowhere, like from rubbing a crystal ball or being a shaman - these are highly sx/sp influenced archetypes. And they use their gift to help others but in a one-on-one nature rather than as a whole, which is what makes them syn-flow if you believe in that. So/sx is their opposite, learning everything from others and helping as a collective - which is what makes them “instinctual duals”.

I hope this helped!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah I'm not deep enough to understand the reference between a giant wolf and sex

anyways, it kinda made sense when he/she explained it. I'm not sure how the photo is spiritual though? when the poster described it he described it as predator/prey stuff, which is not that spiritual to me lol. it is sexual though but i don't know how specific it is to sx/sp.
    I mean... I don’t think anyone really considered that as a metaphor until he brought it up unless you normally think about wolves having sex with little girls. Sarcasm and condescension can be a defense against not knowing.

But let’s get to the spiritual aspect... A large, familiar but mythical looking creature slowly emerges from the mists. In many fictions, this is a conduit for a message that our protagonist must hear and often even a hallucination. It actually reminds me of vision quests, if you’ve read the vision quest thread on here. It’s something that may not be real but the words are and they are words that you could not finish your story without most of the time. Coming before, during, or shortly after the climax of a story.

I think that is pretty spiritual.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I mean... I don’t think anyone really considered that as a metaphor until he brought it up unless you normally think about wolves having sex with little girls. Sarcasm and condescension can be a defense against not knowing.
    you realise this is what you're doing right now? you're cute but i think you should be more cautious in calling others unknowledgable in areas you literally have no idea about. what kinds of spirituality have you so thoroughly studied?
    But let’s get to the spiritual aspect... A large, familiar but mythical looking creature slowly emerges from the mists. In many fictions, this is a conduit for a message that our protagonist must hear and often even a hallucination. It actually reminds me of vision quests, if you’ve read the vision quest thread on here. It’s something that may not be real but the words are and they are words that you could not finish your story without most of the time. Coming before, during, or shortly after the climax of a story.

I think that is pretty spiritual.
    i guess, but you could interpret (pull something out of your ass) any photo/drawing as "spiritual". your argument is really vague. i have not read the vision quest thread.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you realise this is what you're doing right now? you're cute but i think you should be more cautious in calling others unknowledgable in areas you literally have no idea about. what kinds of spirituality have you so thoroughly studied?

i guess, but you could interpret (pull something out of your ass) any photo/drawing as "spiritual". your argument is really vague. i have not read the vision quest thread.
    Haha, you have a good point. I am not that good at explaining things so it is vague, yes. I will allow you to call me out since you are cute yourself! (Not flirting, I’m talking to someone at the moment lol)

The thread isn’t that special but vision quests are pretty cool.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by inaLim; 12-11-2019 at 09:00 PM.

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pablo Neruda: XVII (I do not love you...)

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
    or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
    I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
    in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
    but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
    risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
    I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
    so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
    so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
    so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Off: @them This movie was so good.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post

I wonder if we are in the same fb musik group...

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I wonder if we are in the same fb musik group...
    Actually, it's the youtube algorithm itself which apparently wanted me to listen to this ..

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Tonatiuh; 10-23-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Tonatiuh; 09-17-2020 at 03:35 PM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Outlier I love "no one is ever going to want me" so i listened to Earthmover, thx for posting, it's really great

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    @Outlier I love "no one is ever going to want me" so i listened to Earthmover, thx for posting, it's really great
    Happy you liked them.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow, I just scrolled up, Johnny Goth is here. I found his music in June and promptly got obsessed. sx/sp confirm final

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx/sp : the mutants, the shamans

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are some examples in text of how sx/sps use sp to get sx needs met (or struggle to get those needs met)? like cultivating a nice home environment and then inviting / hoping select close friends will wanna come over and keep you company there? haha
    maybe also cultivating one's identity/sense of a person but i don't think that that is sp per se

from my so-blind perspective it sort of seems like sx-so folks might have an easier time meeting sx needs but i'm sure that's not true and the challenges are just different