Thread: Gulenko's Cognitive Styles simplified

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gulenko's Cognitive Styles simplified

[Today 11:30 PM] [PM to MegaSpongeUSA] Reficulris
    : CD = This leads to this leads to this leads to this (-------------------------------->-------------------------->---------------------------0 )

: HP from this side it's this, from this side it's that, from yet another side it's those or it's not theirs. ( A, a-, 4, Aupsidedown)

: DA is If i clash This and That it will become a That (A and B are in opposition, but that opposition leads to C)

[Today 11:31 PM] [PM to MegaSpongeUSA] Reficulris
    : VS is ehhh let's throw everything in a hat, shuffle it a bit and see what stays alife (can't do this...)
    Last edited by Reficulris; 09-19-2014 at 10:04 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CD - Presuppose something + Something happens = Then you get this
    VS - Remember a million things not related to each other - forget all the connections to their context + rearrange connections = A smart person who can't remember seemingly obvious details made explicitly clear.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

More simplifications please. Want to get into cog styles but too lazy.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mind you, my simplifications are in no way authoritative and probably wrong, here to create discussion not to educate!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[Today 04:47 PM] lungs: vs is like sweeping up all the shit on the floor and then making a dusty lil sculpture out of it
    [Today 04:48 PM] Reficulris: lungs: can you put that quote about VS in my cognition styles simplified thread?
    [Today 04:49 PM] lungs: ummm... i could but i'm just talking shit, really...

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@miss BabyDoll
    ooooh the Goddess of explanation.... please simplify it.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Today 05:51 PM woofwoofl: CD and DA are like a chain, HP and VS are like a pool
    Today 05:51 PM woofwoofl: the CD chain is straight and goes from one place to another, but if one link breaks, the chain falters
    Today 05:52 PM woofwoofl: DA would be more like a flow-chart; anything that would make breakage occur would just send it into one of the backdoors installed in the flowchart
    Today 05:54 PM woofwoofl: the pool of HPs waters would be forever clarifying and revealing more and more discrete shapes, the VS pool would all be water, it's the movement that would change
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    @miss BabyDoll
    ooooh the Goddess of explanation.... please simplify it.
    pers i will- we need to revise chat logs n i need to write the cog styles up in short first (:

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've often referred to VS as having a reset button. They seem sort of like a rubber band. They'll only stretch out of their psychological/beliefs comfort zone just so far and then they'll snap back into it. The next time they talk it'll be as if the previous conver never happened.

I think it might have to do with only being able to handle a certain level of chaos before needing to restore 'order' again. And part of human nature is to stick with what's familiar and comfortable.

Edited to add: i forgot to mention that sometimes, down the road, they will show that somehow they've incorporated the new info, but they'll treat it as if it's something they've always thought/believed, and will have forgotten the times when they rejected it, or snapped back to a previous comfort zone.
    Last edited by anndelise; 09-20-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HP - If I hold it like this, its like this. And if you hold it like that, its like that. So basically, its all that shit. Examine it yourself, you'll see.
    DA - its not. And it is. Its both. But which is it? Ill just choose whats preferable when I need it.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think DA is better than VS with contradictions. They can live with the possibility of opposites and make that make sense. VS gets to the same contradiction and because context and details get lost, they mesh the contradiction until its coherent and subjectively not so contradictory any more. This is an example of how Negativism makes and observes boundaries, while synthesis looks to transmute or eradicate them. Analysis v. Synthesis on conceptual boundaries.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping!

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If you have two opposites that are true, then it implies that both are co-exist.
    I believe it's that simple and I don't see any point in complicating these paradox."
    - Dialectical-Algorithmic

"My mind is experimental, it's full of chemical reactions and apparently, despite it's about to explode,
    its chaos by nature let it not to become one but realistically organized."
    - Vortical-Synergetic

"Aristotle coined the deductive reasoning about Plato being a mortal.
    And therefore, it's valid since Plato was nothing but a human being, so it makes sense."
    - Causal-Determinist

"Imagine that you live in a room without a roof or ground as far as you can see.
    And when to see perspectives, you move yourself instead of the room to the top."
    - Holographical-Panoramic
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA is the code behind an app being written and rewritten in real time depending on needs. Sometimes, it gets so complicated and full of useless lines that CD is a breath of fresh air in how simple it is.
    CD's simplicity can't work at all times, the additions of extra variables from DA serves it in such moment.

I see HP as objects on a table, one may pick them up and look at them from all angles. VS would bring chaos in this orderly display, adding the possibility of new things, new angles. HP helps VS sort things out.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh, imo, these cognitive styles shouldn’t be used in typing along with some reinin. They are pretty vague and lots of room for bias/rationalizations.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎