Writer/Director, Memento

Terry Gilliam
    Writer/Director, Brazil

Pen Jillette
    Magician, Pen & Teller

David Mamet
    Screenwriter, House of Games

Charlie Kaufman
    Screenwriter, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Adaptation, etc.

Stanley Kubrick
    Writer/Director, Eyes Wide Shut

Sidenote: the ENTJ

Do not confuse the mindfuck with the archetypically surreal. (Brazil, Clockwork Orange are extrapolatorily surreal, another matter)

David Lynch
    Writer/Director, Mullholand Drive, others

David Cronenberg
    Writer/Director, The Fly, others

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these are suppose to be ENTp and ENTj people?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. If you read the post carefully it is about ENTPs. So the people are ENTPs, except the last two, which the post notes are ENTJs.

Even without this the VI should be clear enough to differentiate. And even without VI the content of their work should be enough in itself to differentiate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    What about Quintien Tarentino (ENTj)?

The crazy timelines in almost ALL his movies is a funny characature of creative (the "time" function.)
    A good point, although you're wrong. Tarentino is no ENTJ. Socionics.com aside, he just doesn't look anything like an ENTJ, at least any that I know. His creative timelines are really in service of story. (Unlike say Mullholland Drive which plays with the time-"line" to service a feeling.) He's just a really good, old-fashioned story teller who knows how to build suspense by plopping us into the middle of the action and making us wonder how we got there. This is why I believe he is an S. There is an immediacy to his camerawork that would be difficult for an N to pull off. The car wreck in Pulp Fiction is a great example. If I were to guess? A hyperactive ISFP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick talker, supersmart aura, fact and logic filled speech, explanatory, conclusive, forceful with his logical conclusions, little eye contact, etc.
    There is no correlation between intelligence and type. I'm not saying this to be PC. Types of intelligence, of course. But General Intelligence? No. This is a common typist attitude on most MBTI boards as well as here.

A Charlie Rose transcript.

http://www.godamongdirectors.com/tar.../faq/rose.html

It is not fact and logic filled, explanatory, conclusive, or forceful with logical conclusions. It sounds like the ramblings of an ISFP friend of mine.

Also, look at the things that the characters say in the movies. This is almost pure ENTj.
    What, pray tell, would be an example of a "pure ENTJ" thing that characters say in the movies?

Plus, it seems he is into the animeae stuff....this screams out "intuitive" for some reason...
    You are really shooting from the hip here aren't you? You must be an INTJ, the most common type found amongst lawyers. But it does raise a serious issue. A mistaken typing technique I've seen used on this board is the marshalling and correlating of facts. This isn't sufficient (or required, imo). One needs to paint a picture -- to try to ascertain a feel for the person, as the socionics.com dude mentions. Facts can mislead as often as lead. As your previous post should suggest to the astute reader.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The typings in this thread are just SO bad

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow

http://www.godamongdirectors.com/tar.../faq/rose.html

It is not fact and logic filled, explanatory, conclusive, or forceful with logical conclusions. It sounds like the ramblings of an ISFP friend of mine.
    I can't believe you read that and made any other conclusion that the man is anything but ENTJ. And an ISFP of all things? You did at least note that it's a transcript of speech? You're confusing stuttering with rambling for christ's sake! ENTJ are story-tellers, teachers, explainers. Tarantino is telling a narrative. And as an extrovert he let's himself be side-tracked by the person asking the questions. That's what ENTJs do!

Plus, it seems he is into the animeae stuff....this screams out "intuitive" for some reason...
    You are really shooting from the hip here aren't you?
    Even if he is, he has a certain point. The otaku culture is the japanese cultural revolt of Te-Ni against the strong, hierarchical corporate Ti-Ne.

You must be an INTJ, the most common type found amongst lawyers. But it does raise a serious issue. A mistaken typing technique I've seen used on this board is the marshalling and correlating of facts. This isn't sufficient (or required, imo). One needs to paint a picture -- to try to ascertain a feel for the person, as the socionics.com dude mentions. Facts can mislead as often as lead. As your previous post should suggest to the astute reader.
    You're misrepresenting issues here. Ti types don't give a fig about facts.
    When someone says that "You said you like sports, that means you're sensory!" he's not talking about fact. He's living and talking in his inner Ti-world entirely separate of facts of the world around him. And if you're a Te type, as I think you are, it's even more important that you don't ignore facts.

But you do have a very strong point in other ways. If you continue to train with this stuff, you will eventually become a very good type analyst.

-Smilex

Creepy-

tarantino is istp

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good point, although you're wrong. Tarentino is no ENTJ. Socionics.com aside, he just doesn't look anything like an ENTJ, at least any that I know.
    Have you ever seen him in an interview?

I would bet the farm that he is at least xxTj.

Quick talker, supersmart aura, fact and logic filled speech, explanatory, conclusive, forceful with his logical conclusions, little eye contact, etc.

Think of what would wear you out after interacting with a person like him, it would definitely be the T side.

Also, look at the things that the characters say in the movies. This is almost pure ENTj.

Quentin Tarantino talking about new movie 2meg avi...

http://socionics.hopto.org/CELEBRITY..._tarantino.rar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quentin Tarantino talking about new movie 2meg avi...
    Sounds alot like our resident ISFP, taz...

http://oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=2...er=asc&start=0

Creepy-

There is no correlation between intelligence and type.
    I never said that he was intellegent, but he has a smart "aura". You get the feeling that he is very quick witted and has an answer for everything.

I'm not saying this to be PC. Types of intelligence, of course. But General Intelligence? No. This is a common typist attitude on most MBTI boards as well as here.
    You want to hear of another typist attitude that interferes with typing with probably about 80-90% of people?

Type is NOT what a person does; type is what a person is.

Any written words, philosophies, ideas, opinions, etc. are NOT type. You have to see how the person acts to figure out what type they truly are.

What, pray tell, would be an example of a "pure ENTJ" thing that characters say in the movies?
    Well, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, I apologize, but I sense a sort of "logic force" that seems to come from him and his movies. And this "logic force" is not really long strands of entagled interconnections, rather it is more like piles of practicality and common sense fitted together.

One needs to paint a picture -- to try to ascertain a feel for the person, as the socionics.com dude mentions. Facts can mislead as often as lead. As your previous post should suggest to the astute reader.
    That is what I did in the first place? The facts were only secondary to try to get you to take a second look.