Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WorkaholicsAnon's type: IEE or ILE? (thread split)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Or, in the words of a more typical IEE:

"I haven't decided yet if I am not ILE or not IEE... presently I have not seen enough reason to lean back to not being ILE.. and I just wasn't feeling comfortable with the typing of IEE, and I don't feel as much discomfort with ILE. But I feel bad leaving the group I was in and hope that peoples feelings aren't being hurt over it because I wouldn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel not happy with me..."
    This is not typical IEE, it is typical enneagram 2.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Regicides View Post
    When you've spoken to an ILE, you'll have a vague feeling that something was said too vaguely even if it wasn't.
    That sounds more IEE than ILE:
    the majority of representatives of this type have an inherent scatterbrainess and vague ideas about order.
    ILE's thoughts and ideas are backed by strong logical reasoning, which gives them structure and sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Regicides View Post
    Fi is what makes them "silly" under some circumstances, Ne makes them and the ILE constrained and cerebral.
    eh, in my experience Fi in the ego is what makes a person serious, sensitive, and constrained.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEE-Fi hands down

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    This is not typical IEE, it is typical enneagram 2.
    IEE-Fi?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE-Fi?
    No, e2.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, e2.
    Okay, then, Professor Kim.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay, then, Professor Kim.
    The way I see it, IEE-Fi would be worried about individual relationships with members in the group s/he is leaving, not with hurting people's feelings by leaving (especially when leaving is reasonable and non-offensive). E2s, especially insecure ones, are very concerned with never offending anyone, at least not openly. Just my view.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm trying and trying to see ILE for you WA, but all I see is lots of Fi from you in the shoutbox.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, IEE-Fi would be worried about individual relationships with members in the group s/he is leaving, not with hurting people's feelings by leaving (especially when leaving is reasonable and non-offensive). E2s, especially insecure ones, are very concerned with never offending anyone, at least not openly. Just my view.
    Oh, well I was going for a charactercher of IEE... However, its a good policy to endeavor to never offend anyone. However, it can not always be helped. People have their own issues and see things through their own prejudices, etc. Nonetheless its important to make an effort not to offend. And still, to thine own self be true...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You vibe way more IEE than ILE to me. I get a stronger sense than sense, at least, fa sho. Point, wtf.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, well I was going for a charactercher of IEE...
    Yes, and I expressed that based on my understanding of Socionics, your quote is not IEE-typical because I think IEEs are not all that worried about their relationship with a group, especially when their reason for leaving is entirely non-offensive.
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What's your type @WorkaholicsAnon ?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    What's your type @WorkaholicsAnon ?
    IDK.

The zone gets grayer and grayer by the day.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and I expressed that based on my understanding of Socionics, your quote is not IEE-typical because I think IEEs are not all that worried about their relationship with a group, especially when their reason for leaving is entirely non-offensive.
    Oh, explain it that way and it makes sense. Its pretty much true, in my experience. One exception for me, but too long a story to tell right now..

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, explain it that way and it makes sense. Its pretty much true, in my experience. One exception for me, but too long a story to tell right now..
    It might be true for you. That does not make it true for IEEs.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't think Work doesn't particularly use or .

Her usage is not to the level of Kim or to Gem, and her usage is not to the same level of me or Ineffable.

FWIW, I'm not going to go into the talks I have had with her regarding her life, you'll have to let her talk about that. I'll be meeting her today with April, April's Husband, Spider and Animal so I can let you guys know what I think after wards. Ultimately cog styles for me determines her type and I don't type people from peer pressure or consensus pressure tactics, what matters is she knows her cognitive style and achieves a accurate self-typing. As I've not 100% identified her cog style, it's not for me to give a conclusive typing.

Anyways, this is one of the reasons I very rarely tell people my typing esp if it's different than their self-typing, it's a PITA.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any reason why this is limited to those two types WA?
    To me you always struck as an ESFj if anything. In any case, I think we are either separate types or types on the opposite sides of the IEE type spectrum (I rarely resonate with what you write in this forum).
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    Any reason why this is limited to those two types WA?
    To me you always struck as an ESFj if anything. In any case, I think we are either separate types or types on the opposite sides of the IEE type spectrum (I rarely resonate with what you write in this forum).
    someone didn't read my signature....

And... right back atcha, though a ton of IEEs do resonate with what I write.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    someone didn't read my signature....

And... right back atcha, though a ton of IEEs do resonate with what I write.
    I think he did read your signature

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-Fi.

@heavynurse I like your avatar. Neanderthal?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, so I've gone back to delta for you, but for some reason I don't think you're IEE either...?

it's a mystery...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    @heavynurse I like your avatar.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    Neanderthal?
    Close. Cro-Magnon.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to share my in absentia post on perC.... just some brainstorming, not to be taken as conclusive by any stretch. I found the OP in that thread an interesting thought though..

http://personalitycafe.com/esfj-foru...l#post11210898

Quote Originally Posted by WA on perC
    After several years of studying socionics, i am tentatively suspecting i may be ESE (not sure though). I'd self-typed IEE for a long time, however, over time situations of lack of resonance with other IEEs got me suspecting I mis-typed myself. Interestingly, in the socionics community I frequent, there had been a camp of people who had insisted on an ESE typing for me, long before I even questioned my own self-typing, but this group of people did not offer enough of a convincing argument to influence me to agree.

Recently, the ILE and LII typings were suggested to me by a few members of the community (whose opinions i have come to deeply respect). I found it interesting and quite flattering that they saw me as strong in Ti, because I always have felt weak in what I've understood to be Ti and Te, and have admired and felt gratitude towards people who help me in those areas, sometimes to the point of practically worshipping them. (i mention both Ti and Te because i'm relearning which is which, and not totally confident of the distinction anymore). Despite the immense compliment I look the ILE typing to be, I remained a bit skeptical, as one of my biggest strengths, recognized by me and those around me, has always been how I relate to people. I've always been an astute judge of character, and I can keenly perceive emotional undercurrents and work with that.

A couple of contentious points i'd previously had regarding the ESE typing for myself had been the Ep vs Ej temperament, as well as my perceived weakness and need for Si. I recently met in person with a few socionics community members whose self-typings are pretty confident. I learned a few things from the interaction. There were two individuals of Ep-temperament present; I could see before my eyes the impulsivity of their energy and their physical movements (the way they walk, mannerisms), and i did not resonate with it. What was observed about me was that i was friendly, energetic, and my energy was fairly stable. It was also noted that I seemed more in tune with the outside world than the 3 Ne-ego people present.

That got me thinking, regarding the temperament, that perhaps I am actually Ej in temperament as opposed to Ep as I'd previously thought. Additionally, regarding the Si information element, perhaps I am not so weak at it, and self-criticize that function a lot perhaps because it's my creative function. In retrospect, comparing myself to the alpha NTs in the community, I do a lot less theorizing, in fact i do none at all , and I depend on others to relay information to me in a concise, simplified way such that I can then put that information into practice. When this is done for me, and when it all makes perfect sense, I feel euphorically elated.

Anyway, now that I've made my case of ESE, I will address the OP here. I am a highly educated professional in the medical field. I'm finishing up my medical training and trying to enter the medical research world. As you mentioned, similar to physics, my career has a strong emphasis on Te information, and indeed through hard work and my own perfectionism and feeling of duty and commitment to the patients I serve, I have perhaps honed the Te function (and along with that, the Ti function as well) more than your typical ESE. It is perhaps for this reason that the excellent socionists who suggested alpha NT for me had sensed strength in my Ti/Te functioning; one of them did actually comment that my use of Ti was not to the level of a couple of alpha NTs on the forum. It could also be for this reason that I have such difficulty in identifying my cognitive style. My educational and career path has be so maximally and wonderfully challenging to my brain that it has truly called upon me to recruit all 4 cognitive styles. Which cognitive style is my default is quite difficult for me to pinpoint.

What I can comment fairly confidently on, however, is the ease with which i process and engage in information related to people, emotions, and relationships, and the immense concentration, focus, and vast amount of time and effort I require to process information related to theory and knowledge. This, to me, clinches the ESE typing over ILE (or LII).

One might be thinking, "why so stuck to alpha quadra?" True, delta quadra could still be possible. But not beta or gamma. One of the clearest leanings among the reinin dichotomies for me has been the decisive vs judicious pair, in which i lean heavily judicious. I also have a very difficult time appreciating the Ni information element.
    Last edited by Suz; 10-08-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've suspected ESE for a while now.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)