Thread: Discussion of Socionics foundations

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    its not whining to call a spade a spade.
    you want to spritz it with lavender and put a pretty dress on it and then you have the gall to call the naysayers disengenuous.
    It's whining and disengenous to incessantly request evidence knowing full well it doesn't exist and might only exist in the future.

I'm not trying to spritz it with lavender. I will say to anyone that socionics lacks evidence.

However it's disingenuous to keep asking for evidence when others have said that decent evidence doesn't exist.

1. Ask for evidence
    2. Told it doesn't exist and will exist perhaps in the future
    3. Ask for evidence again and again even after being told that it doesn't exist yet.

Is this not simply the act of a lunatic or a fraud? The answer to the first question has been conclusively given, yet over and over again the question is asked as if the answer has never been given. Such actions are without merit and character. It's simply disingenuous and dishonest.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    It's whining and disengenous to incessantly request evidence knowing full well it doesn't exist and might only exist in the future.

I'm not trying to spritz it with lavender. I will say to anyone that socionics lacks evidence.

However it's disingenuous to keep asking for evidence when others have said that decent evidence doesn't exist.

1. Ask for evidence
    2. Told it doesn't exist and will exist perhaps in the future
    3. Ask for evidence again and again even after being told that it doesn't exist yet.

Is this not simply the act of a lunatic or a fraud? The answer to the first question has been conclusively given, yet over and over again the question is asked as if the answer has never been given. Such actions are without merit and character. It's simply disingenuous and dishonest.
    me: the emperor has no clothes
    you: of course he has no clothes
    me: why are you parading him around, then?
    you: he'll have clothes one day, i am sure
    me: why doesn't he stay at home for now or at least wrap a towel around his wrinkly ass?
    you: because he'll have clothes one day
    me: but he doesn't yet, so whats with the flashing? my eyes
    you: quit your incessant whining. one day he'll have clothes.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

me: why doesn't he stay at home for now or at least wrap a towel around his wrinkly ass?
    you: because he'll have clothes one day
    me: but he doesn't yet, so whats with the flashing? my eyes
    you: quit your incessant whining. one day he'll have clothes.
    that's a good question, lungs
    so why are you parading the poor naked emperor around? and not just the emperor but also his crazy south american cousin who's just as much of a nudist
    care to provide some sort of answers and justifications for this?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    so why are you parading the poor naked emperor around? and not just the emperor but also his crazy south american cousin

Scientifically accepted socionics article pls? Apparently Not

Accepting Coherent Logic? No.

Ad hominems and Personal Attacks preferred to rational discussion? Yes

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Scientifically accepted socionics article pls? Apparently Not

Accepting Coherent Logic? No.

Ad hominems and Personal Attacks preferred to rational discussion? Yes

yep, another believer spotted!
    nice work calling yourself out on your own belieffsss
    all hail Aushra and the holy ILI 1w2 anointed rainbow!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, another believer spotted!
    nice work calling yourself out on your own belieffsss
    all hail Aushra and the holy ILI 1w2 anointed rainbow!

No.

Just as a German pointing at a Hindu wearing a Swastika and claiming that they are a Nazi, you have revealed your assumptions and ignorance.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

... pointing at a Hindu wearing a Swastika and claiming that they are a Nazi, you have revealed your assumptions and ignorance.
    There is a name for such a person - they are conventionally known as a clown Thereby I must admit I have very little knowledge of clowns, so you win in revealing my ignorance on this essential subject matter.

You're hilarious, do you actually have anything to contribute to the topic in either rationalisation or critique or are you just here to smack talk again?
    Not much in the replies that merits it. Nothing here besides empty word play, allegories and comic conventions.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

so why are you parading the poor naked emperor around? and not just the emperor but also his crazy south american cousin who's just as much of a nudist

yes. i don't pretend socionics is real. i talk about it because it amuses me. i don't spend hours of my life translating articles to give myself some kind of inflated sense of importance over expertise in something that has about as much validity as palm reading. i don't parade my typings in an authoritative fashion or create paragraphs of subjective rhetoric supporting them as if they actually have any more validity than anybody elses because i'm aware that its all opinions. i approach the topic how it should be approached. the problem isn't with socionics, its with pretending that socionics is more than it is.

i don't care if the emporer is naked. that's not the point. nudity is fine. just be honest about it instead of moronically clapping your hands over his outfit.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yes. i don't pretend socionics is real. i talk about it because it amuses me. i don't spend hours of my life translating articles to give myself some kind of inflated sense of importance over expertise in something that has about as much validity as palm reading. i don't parade my typings in an authoritative fashion or create paragraphs of subjective rhetoric supporting them as if they actually have any more validity than anybody elses because i'm aware that its all opinions. i approach the topic how it should be approached. the problem isn't with socionics, its with pretending that socionics is more than it is.

i don't care if the emporer is naked. that's not the point. nudity is fine. just be honest about it instead of moronically clapping your hands over his outfit.
    Likewise, most everyone else here talks about socionics as a hobby, for their own recreational purposes. You keep projecting false motives and accusations on other members here that have little to do with reality. If you have actually bothered to ask about it instead of making accusatory shit up you'd find that most people here have only hobbyist interest (my interest in translation is that it helps me improve my english as a non-native speaker). But of course you aren't going to do this because all these arguments are designed to fuel your own misplaced righteous indignation and sense of superiority: "but at least I don't do xyz unlike some other people here ...".

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likewise, most everyone else here talks about socionics as a hobby, for their own recreational purposes. You keep projecting false motives and accusations on other members here that have little to do with reality. If you have actually bothered to ask about it instead of making accusatory shit up you'd find that most people here have only hobbyist interest (my interest in translation is that it helps me improve my english as a non-native speaker). But of course you aren't going to do this because all these arguments are designed to fuel your own misplaced righteous indignation and sense of superiority: "but at least I don't do xyz unlike some other people here ...".
    You're hilarious, do you actually have anything to contribute to the topic in either rationalisation or critique or are you just here to smack talk again?

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This is false, so stop lying about this.

What is being said is this, one day it may or may not have cloth, that is unknown.

I know you have problems dealing with uncertainty but other people don't have the same problem.

What other individuals take as a fun hypothesis you accuse them as taking as a religion. Now, there are some people who take this as a religion, but well I hope they stop.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This is false, so stop lying about this.

One day it may or may not have cloth, that is unknown.
    It's whining and disengenous to incessantly request evidence knowing full well it doesn't exist and will only exist in the future.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

incessantly request evidence knowing full well it doesn't exist and might only exist in the future.

How's this, I will change the will to might, because I don't know if it will exist in the future. So now that I have changed the word to might, your point is moot.

Sometimes there are errors of terminology in communication, I hope you can deal with that.