Thread: Ne & Dreams

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne & Dreams

Does anyone else think that N people fight other peoples deamons in their immagination and sleep, including their own deamons. By deamons I mean personified/conceptual entities that are models of problems that have to do with belief.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Creepy-pokeball

If I remember correctly from research on dreams (not the hocus-pocus bull), dreams are fairly much egocentric and the interpretations rarely mean anything about exterior people/objects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dreams are where we play out the scenes that our subconscious would like to see us act out in real life. A dress rehearsal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanlife
    dreams are where we play out the scenes that our subconscious would like to see us act out in real life. A dress rehearsal.

My dreams always contain my failure of something. What does that say about me?
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dreams sort of aren't really a factor. i have them, but I don't 'battle demons' in them.

A lot of times they seem to consist of things that were on the edge of my thoughts -- that slipped out of my mind, and then resurface when I am asleep. They rarely have anything to do with What I spend most of my time thinking about. I guess I don't remember most of my dreams, anyways.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger

what it's doing is playing out your failures safely in your dreams, so by the time you wake up hopefully you know what *not* to do.

think about it this way: 'Joshua, what are you *doing*?'

(War Games )

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dreams are anxiety-ridden. There are two basic types. The most common is that I've somehow gotten separated from my husband and/or my daughter. The specifics change but it's always very scary for me. I'm afraid something terrible will happen to my daughter in the dreams. Usually it's that I've accidentally left her somewhere or she's gotten lost or I've gotten locked away from her or CPS has taken her away. Well lots of options. I don't very often have the ones where my husband and I are separated but that happens sometimes too - where I need him for some reason but he's like completely gone.

The second kind is that I've forgotten to do something very important. Like I'm at the last day of the semester and I have to take exams but there's one class I didn't realize was on my schedule and I didn't drop it so it's going to count on my record no matter what. Or that I never took some class so I never graduated. Or something like that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-pokeball

That you judge yourself harshly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    My dreams are anxiety-ridden. There are two basic types. The most common is that I've somehow gotten separated from my husband and/or my daughter.
    Hi Mom ( :wink: ),

Me as well. Ever since I've had kids (almost 5 years now) and especially since having 2 now, anxiety dreams are thru the roof. Had one last night. Terrible. Like you said has to do with them being lost, me forgetting about them, or them getting hurt. Or me doing something accidently to hurt them. Ugh. It's really awful.

You're ENFp? Do you have an Enneagram type that you believe in?

thanks-
    oceanlife

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 7w6

My daughter is 4 too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My surest bet has been 7w6 (phobic) as well, as far as anything can be sure especially not being a betting man.

Curious; at what age were you able to determine your daughters E type?

My son is almost 5 and he displays many traits of 7w8. Him and I could do a million adventures a day, but he's much more openly aggressive/assertive. Not in public though, he's a little sweet gentleman. But at home he'll be banging into walls and flipping chairs over and rearranging everythigng in the house.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I meant my daughter is 4 years old

I think she might be an ENFp too but I'm not sure. I keep watching for clues It doesn't really matter I suppose but I'm curious.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    lol I meant my daughter is 4 years old
    oops

Creepy-pokeball

I will summarize my dreams into generalities if it helps you any:

I am often the hero in my dreams.

People often surround me in my dreams. I am often trying to kill off something for them. In other dreams with a lot of people I know, I am trying to connect physical rifts between them. I have had some really funky dreams like this.

Some of my more random dreams include puzzles where danger is an issue.

Some of my brighter dreams felt nice and surreal. I was often looking above all eagle-veiw like over real physical places I have been or seem to think I will be.

The only dreams that never followed my usual patterns were last year. In all 4, I was leading one of my friends into foreign areas of danger. One was a blizzard surrounded mountain on our (the ENFp) way to Christmas. Two were southwestern desert towns that were desserted due to zombies (both times was the ISTp). The last one was where we(the ISTj) were stuck inside an evil aquarium.... In all four dreams, I woke up right as I was being attacked. None of the friends were injured in any way. They were pretty much following me.

Edit: I just realized what was common with all 3 of those people. They were much closer to me before then than they are now. Okay... that is creepy. Diana, I need to quit thinking about this subject!!! Help lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae

That you judge yourself harshly.
    Or that my expectations of myself are too high.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I will summarize my dreams into generalities if it helps you any:

I am often the hero in my dreams.

People often surround me in my dreams. I am often trying to kill off something for them. In other dreams with a lot of people I know, I am trying to connect physical rifts between them. I have had some really funky dreams like this.

Some of my more random dreams include puzzles where danger is an issue.

Some of my brighter dreams felt nice and surreal. I was often looking above all eagle-veiw like over real physical places I have been or seem to think I will be.

The only dreams that never followed my usual patterns were last year. In all 4, I was leading one of my friends into foreign areas of danger. One was a blizzard surrounded mountain on our (the ENFp) way to Christmas. Two were southwestern desert towns that were desserted due to zombies (both times was the ISTp). The last one was where we(the ISTj) were stuck inside an evil aquarium.... In all four dreams, I woke up right as I was being attacked. None of the friends were injured in any way. They were pretty much following me.
    This sounds like you believe that other people rely on you.

Creepy-pokeball

I agree.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dreams usually contain either a recollection of events connected absolutely at random, usually with a girl I like parecipating into one of them (not necessarily sexual, though), or some part of the house taking life and wanting to kill me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    some part of the house taking life and wanting to kill me.
    Pervert.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My nightmares take control of me and pull me in. They tend to occur when the natural border or sequence of the dream gets interrupted as a result of the new ascertained knowledge that it is a dream. I once had a dream where huge doll figures were chasing me around and I had to force myself to wake up. This is only a remnant of the true horror of my nightmares.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5