Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 2884

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    I'm obviously speaking in the context of DCNH.
    How does that change anything? If someone of any subtype can be mistaken for their conflictor, then even someone of a dominant subtype could be mistaken for their mirror, since there's a lot more similarity between a dominant subtype and a mirror type than between a given type and a conflictor, to say the least.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    How does that change anything? If someone of any subtype can be mistaken for their conflictor, then even someone of a dominant subtype could be mistaken for their mirror, since there's a lot more similarity between a dominant subtype and a mirror type than between a given type and a conflictor, to say the least.
    I never claimed that any type can be mistaken for their conflictor. You did. What I'm saying is that DCNH C subtypes of a specific type can resemble their mirror types moreso than other subtypes of that specific type. I will admit that my previous statement was a bit too vague and so I can see how you were confused.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, people want to type like half or more of the women IEI or SEI and the men ILI or SLI from what I've seen. It's sort of absurd. Ep is fairly common as well, Ij less, and Ej the least (except the individual type EII, which people are reluctant to hand out for a combination of "it's a special snowflake Homo superior" and "Maritsa says no" reasons despite being basically exactly as common as any other type. The existence of EII is the only reason Ep seems to be more common than Ij, since besides that people have a strong tendency to assume everyone is introverted, but since 1/4 of the Ij types are off limits that tips it over).
    It good to remember what kind of people are likely to end up on this forum. Ejs are pretty unlikely to stumble across an obscure website like this since they are probably too busy with work/family to fool around on the internet long enough to find this site. Ips on the other hand tend to spend much more time fiddling around on the internet and are much more likely to end up here. In addition socionics is largely about contemplating who you are which is very much in the field of Ips. So naturally there will be more Ips then Ejs on this forum. Ep and Ij are in the middle and I can't really say which one is more common.
    Last edited by Muddy; 10-20-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    It good to remember what kind of people are likely to end up on this forum. Ejs are pretty unlikely to stumble across an obscure website like this since they are probably too busy with work/family to fool around on the internet long enough to find this site. Ips on the other hand tend to spend much more time fiddling around on the internet and are much more likely to end here. In addition socionics is largely about contemplating who are which is very much in the field of Ips. So naturally there will be more Ips then Ejs on this forum. Ep and Ij are in the middle and I can't really say which one is more common.
    1. The two Negativist Ejs (LSE, EIE) are decently likely to be somewhat socially isolated, and LIE is an Intuitive type so they can often be interested in sort of esoteric things (a lot of literal esotericists are actually LIEs, although it still is mostly dominated by ILIs and EIEs). ESEs can also be interested in typology because really lots of people use typology as a conversation topic (that's how I got into this actually, although I'm pretty certainly not ESE) the same way they use Hogwarts houses, Pokémon Go teams, astrology signs, and things like that generally, although I guess really socially introverted (as opposed to socionics introverted) people don't tend to be exposed to that so much.

2. Socionics was invented as a sort of sociological and economic theory (socionics = social economics), not for self-discovery. It focuses heavily on relationships and observable behaviors and there is a decent amount of material out there about applications (some of which is pretty sketchy). Out of all personality typology systems, socionics probably attracts the most Ejs (as well as Eps, since I don't see them fiddling around with the enneagram too often either).

That being said, even if there are legitimately more Ips interested in socionics than any other temperament, it's still not great to assume that people are Ip until proven otherwise since at least most of the people on the "type me" thread who leave right after tend to be pretty equally distributed like in the general population. The people who stick around might be more likely to be Ip, but based on the regulars here, not overwhelmingly by any means.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@totalize - isfp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    @totalize - isfp
    Looks like you've got some explaining to do.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst, well, both EIE and ILI are Obstinate and Negativist so I thought you might have seen that. They have the same of Gulenko's cognitive styles if you use that too. So, would you please tell me what your reasoning is then? I'm surprised I'm not ubiquitously considered LIE somehow, since everyone is like "you're the most logical person" (pfft no) and then other stuff.
    I really don't use Reinin, most of the dichotomies are only theoretically sound and cannot be observed in concrete behaviour or in communication. As for cog styles, I like them but I don't believe these can easily be determined from the outside either.

I don't see you as Te base, you seem to be into a mode of analytical thinking more than LIEs. I also don't see creative manipulation of Fe from you so IEI is out as well.

Yeah, people want to type like half or more of the women IEI or SEI and the men ILI or SLI from what I've seen. It's sort of absurd. Ep is fairly common as well, Ij less, and Ej the least (except the individual type EII, which people are reluctant to hand out for a combination of "it's a special snowflake Homo superior" and "Maritsa says no" reasons despite being basically exactly as common as any other type. The existence of EII is the only reason Ep seems to be more common than Ij, since besides that people have a strong tendency to assume everyone is introverted, but since 1/4 of the Ij types are off limits that tips it over).
    The SEI/SLI typings do seem absurd, most Si bases don't seem to go deep in this stuff.

I totally agree with your thoughts on EII.

You have more similarities with your mirror than the "average" LSI. C subtypes can be mistaken for their mirrors without careful observation.
    I can't relate to C description though. They seem too individualistic. I am in a sense but I care too much about involvement overall. I can't relate to this creative idea generating thingy either. I relate to being set on a goal and organizing things for that though and that's where I relate to D. And that is SLE-ish, sure, since D subtype has accentuated Se too, not just C subtype. At the same time my Ne is practically nonexistent so D again makes more sense than C. Se/Te/Fe are definitely all more emphasized for me than Ne. I could go on...

I get it that the point of DCNH is to differentiate within type though, so these descriptions are relative... unfortunately I haven't been in a group of LSIs IRL yet but got a bit of experience online, at the ISTJ subforum on PerC. And they wanted to type me ESTJ because I'm more "brash" than most of them, apparently. The people saying that mostly seemed N and H...
    Last edited by Myst; 10-20-2016 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if I post on this forum enough then I get to have a bunch of highly qualified people tell me what my type _really_ is?

I can't wait.

P.S. no offense to those who are actually good at typing

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Shiver - LSI
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Shiver - LSI
    lol I assumed you weren't serious with your comment in the chat. Joking that total should hijack another plane because his got delayed isn't really indicative of being LSI, I think.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    lol I assumed you weren't serious with your comment in the chat. Joking that total should hijack another plane because his got delayed isn't really indicative of being LSI, I think.
    I know

What got me to type you this was the vary apparent Ti comment that you had made some time ago, which I pointed out to you and also that you're doing quite a bit of fact checking, clarifying and also systematizing of information in your head to come up with what you understand of socionics. I see that as consistent with what LSI do in general
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ghost's list of typing

@666 ILE (ghost loves you )
    Adam Strange I could see LIE but also any XXTJ
    Anglas F type
    Aylen IEI
    Blue ESI
    Chae ILI > ILE
    Chakram LII
    darya Fe type
    Director Abbie LSE
    Eliza Thomason not IEE
    Fay IXFX
    goldenbane ESXP
    Gypsy SEE
    handjob EXFX
    Jack Oliver Aaron IEE
    lungs T type
    Maritsa EIE
    Myst LSI > LII
    Persephone SEI (?)
    rougerogue IEI (?)
    SisOfNight ESE > IEE
    Shiver ...S type
    Sol LSE
    summerprincess IXFJ
    thehotelambush LSI
    totalize XNFP
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-23-2016 at 01:24 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know

What got me to type you this was the vary apparent Ti comment that you had made some time ago, which I pointed out to you and also that you're doing quite a bit of fact checking, clarifying and also systematizing of information in your head to come up with what you understand of socionics. I see that as consistent with what LSI do in general
    Ah, okay. LSI is one that has been suggested before, at any rate. Any reason LSI over LII, in your thoughts?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ah, okay. LSI is one that has been suggested before, at any rate. Any reason LSI over LII, in your thoughts?
    Being a result type, LII chase and stick with an impression of something until they have sufficient evidence to unstick to it and find something else to stick with. This makes LII seem kind of impulsive and impatient. Um, I don't see you doing that kind of latch and release thinking with regard to things. I may not have sufficient information from your real life to consider things beyond what is observable here and thus don't have enough information to also alter my static perception. I am basing things on the information that I too have on hand at the current moment from general trend and pattern that's made an impression on me. Overall, it seems to me that LII tend to generalize both their concerns and their analysis, universality is in "all people" and "we all are among" kind of approach, thinking to things. You want specifics
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-21-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Being a result type, LII chase and stick with an impression of something until they have sufficient evidence to unstick to it and find something else to stick with. This makes LII seem kind of impulsive and impatient. Um, I don't see you doing that kind of latch and release thinking with regard to things. I may not have sufficient information from your real life to consider things beyond what is observable here and thus don't have enough information to also alter my static perception. I am basing things on the information that I too have on hand at the current moment from general trend and pattern that's made an impression on me. Overall, it seems to me that LII tend to generalize both their concerns and their analysis, universality is in "all people" and "we all are among" kind of approach, thinking to things. You want specifics
    Thank you for explaining why you think as you do on this typing. I find that to be rather rare here.
    Last edited by Shiver; 10-22-2016 at 01:06 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you for explaining why you think as you do on this typing. I find that to be rather rare here.
    Thank you shiver. It's hard to put feelings into words. Also I imagine being mobilized for LSI its easy to say "let's go hijack a plane" even when it's just a joke but I imagine that they can really picture some scenario going on in their head where they figure out how that can be done. The equivalent of real life examples from other LSI that I've known (some are action story writers who make use of the mobilizing fantasy) are "you want me to go kill him" "you want to go smash his window" They're not serious
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my opinion of a lot of peoples types isnt that definitive cuz its not as important to me to nail it in as to just use it as shorthand to describe what i see (which is not that helpful since ppl see types differently, but whatever). if you're not here, i likely am either fine w/ or indifferent to ur self typing without giving it much thought.

Adam Strange - LIE (LSE or ILE as less likely alternatives - 1D Fi is obvious and his orientation seems delta/gamma, but someone being obsessed with socionics obfuscates things)
    Airman - LSI? (as with absurd, the forum idea of LSE is weird to me compared to the ones i know irl, the ones i know aren't nearly as contentious and aggressive unless its the means towards some tangible objective)
    anndelise - IEE, easily
    applejacks - judicious 4D Fe, and i vaguely prefer IEE of the two
    April - ESI > EII (eh, kind of on a whim. but Fi leading duh)
    Aylen - NF. no issue with self typing.
    blackburry - ESI-Se
    Bullets - IEI (SEI as a less likely alternative, the flowy Ni cogitations aren't as apparent to me as the Ti/Fe output, but he prefers a volatile and jostly kind of beta style to a peacefully playful alpha one)
    Capitalist Pig - ILI-Te (SLI as a less likely alternative)
    chips and underwear - xII-Ne (i toyed with the idea of EII before she changed her self typing but i'm still adjusting to it)
    Contra - gamma NT
    Director Abbie - LSE (i've thought about LSI - i think if she were beta, her lifestyle would obfuscate the popular conception of beta values, but I think she is too oriented towards Fi)
    Eliza Thomason - ESE? (seems a bit normative and certain of her perspectives for an IEE)
    End - alpha NT > IEI? (Fe/Ti something, and probably intuitive)
    FDG - LIE
    goldenbane - LSI (;p)
    Hacim - xII
    handjob - SEE
    Hitta - epsilon
    inumbra - IxI-Ni. ILI>IEI out of sheer bias. (Ni out the wazoo. those who consider SEI are out their gotdamn minds, her included <3)
    jaein - EII-Ne
    jessica129 - xSI (irrational how? she mostly expresses personal judgments afaict)
    Joy - i'm confident about Fi/Te sensing extrovert and i prefer rational/LSE
    Kim - IEE-Fi xoxo
    lemontrees - SEI i guess?? (ive thought we could be identicals but realistically i think its more like some deceptive energy flow thing than actual similarity...she feels more familiar than most ESIs here do tho)
    Minde - EII-Fi
    mu4 - ILE-Ti
    Myst - LSI-Se (i guess there's some question about SLE, but the Ti is much more apparent to me - maybe it just would be tho)
    Narc - LIE-Ni
    ouronis - LII (ive mentally tried to inch him closer to gamma by toying with ILI or LSI, but it just doesn't fit into my pattern recognition software)
    Persephone - IEI (i dont get the ILI thing)
    Reficulris - Ne like a mofo, i strongly feel conflictor but this isn't hate or anything
    Satan - SLE
    Scapegrace - ILI
    Sol - make video
    squark - LSI-Se
    Starpoo - IEI
    strrrng - IEI-Ni
    Subteigh - EII (i am not perfectly settled with this, but i also take too much issue w/ the alternatives i've considered like ILI or LII, so its the best i can do)
    Suz - SEI? (judicious ethical, Fe>Fi, i was much surer of ESE>SEI before seeing her on cam)
    thehotelambush - LII-Ne?
    totalize - my current inclination is SLE>SEE>LIE>EIE (lol i'm so fkn helpful, i dunno)
    woofwoofl - EP! SEE is fine

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs On Eliza Thompson: I originally thought she was ESI, but if my analysis of writing style and temperament associations is correct, she reads like IEE (certainly not ESE).

@Hacim I've literally seen people get mistaken for their conflictors is what I'm saying. If people can't tell apart a type and a conflictor, I don't see why someone being once mistaken for their mirror is enough to make them a C subtype.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thank you shiver. It's hard to put feelings into words. Also I imagine being mobilized for LSI its easy to say "let's go hijack a plane" even when it's just a joke but I imagine that they can really picture some scenario going on in their head where they figure out how that can be done. The equivalent of real life examples from other LSI that I've known (some are action story writers who make use of the mobilizing fantasy) are "you want me to go kill him" "you want to go smash his window" They're not serious
    I do find some issues with LSI typing - Se's strength in my real life, as I don't mobilize others at all yet maintain high personal will; dichotomies that don't add up to it, as negativist alone would exclude LSI; cognitive style, as I relate to HP more than CD when I sit and consider how I've thought in the past; etc. I relate far more to some overall descriptions and quadra values as well - Golihov's LII is closer to me than his LSI and Beta's typically named values don't line up with my preferences.

I also don't look externally to others for great cause or meaning as I've seen in LSI's descriptions - always internally. You'll notice my interactions with some in the shoutbox hold a system or others up to an ideal that isn't shared by them.
    But the Ji aspect of what you described seems like something I can agree on. This is the consistency and rigidity of that idealistic tendency, I think.

As you said, you're going based off of the info you have, and that's perfectly fine. Things you've said here and private are something I can integrate into my own model.

It's entirely possible that neither type is correct for me, haha.
    Last edited by Shiver; 10-22-2016 at 09:40 PM.

TIM
    lungs' dual
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs add me? (unless indifference)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    @lungs add me? (unless indifference)
    I should have also included "or I don't know," lol. I guess with some people I don't know about tho i can at least give a short list or some kinda little blurb about my thoughts, like total. I'm really at a loss in your case however. I guess - filtering your vibe n energy thru pattern recognition with no particular verbalizable reasoning - I prefer decisive quadra and don't really like ip (unless you're just THAT neurotic of one) .

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Looking at those who have posted in the last year, these are individuals I feel comfortable with agreeing strongly with their own self-typings. They are in order of post count. I would like to say I am 90%-95%+ certain their types are correct, but I do not trust myself to give such a figure, and I feel that many of these, while I believe their self-typing to be congruous with said type, they could almost as easily be their kindred type (e.g. LII vs. LSI etc.), or some other type (I think kindred or mirror would generally be most probable alternative types based on my overall thoughts here). My view is that in such instances, the person's own self-perception must be of paramount value. (Finally, I may have some people's current self-typings wrong, which is unintentional: I only wish to put self-typings I agree with here).

ILE: @mu4, @xerx, @1981slater, @The Ineffable, @Jack Oliver Aaron, @SlavaPHP
    LII: @Logos, @Ms. Kensington, @Pa3s, @jason_m, @ClownsandEntropy, @RSV3, @Avalonia
    SEI: @lemontrees
    ESE:

SLE: @Ananke
    LSI: @Myst, @miss BabyDoll, @Pole Ninja
    IEI: @Starfall, @strrrng, @Aylen, @silke, @glam, @SisOfNight, @summerprincess
    EIE: @goldenbane

SEE:
    ESI: @blackburry, @Olga
    ILI: @Capitalist Pig, @Scapegrace, @Contra, @ragnar
    LIE: @Narc, @Adam Strange, @May

IEE: @Galen, @Kim, @anndelise, @Animal, @Raver, @Simon Ssmall, @SyrupDeGem, @applejacks, @SongOfSapphire
    EII: @Minde, @April, @Taknamay, @Birdie
    SLI: @Waster
    LSE: @UDP
    I think the quoted post is still true in my perception. If any of the individuals have changed their self-typings since, then should not be on here. There are individuals since this was posted who should probably be included, but I am reluctant to fish for additions lest I somehow lower my bar of qualification (i.e. that I agree strongly with their self-typings). Perhaps if I was to do the process again from scratch, I'd be able to make it up-to-date.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Hacim - LII because you look for intellectual ways in which you may use your ability to analyze Ti conditioned by Ne that is specifically observed when you said you wanted to make an exerament about alcohol and people. LII want to expand boundaries of knowledge in studying aspects of things outside of what had been studied

New avenues in science are established by alpha NT usually
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-22-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    -

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Hacim - xII
    Interesting. Both of my parents are NFs, so that alone probably makes me come off as more agreeable than the "average" LII. What other reasons do you have for not specifying Ti/Fi as my base function?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Interesting. Both of my parents are NFs, so that alone probably makes me come off as more agreeable than the "average" LII. What other reasons do you have for not specifying Ti/Fi as my base function?
    Nothing more than lack of exposure to you. Ne creative just happens to be the more immediately noticeable quality at the distance I've seen you from.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I know

@Shiver is pretty cool but I see her approach to things as more NT like than mine. She is a big critic of things where I don't really care all that much. Actually, ILI is the Critic, I only went for alpha NT over ILI because I thought I saw Static Ne/Ti. I could be wrong, ILI can be the third option for her.

(...)
    Maritsa EIE
    Persephone SEI (?)
    Sol LSE
    @Maritsa - Actually, I don't get these EIE typings for you. I see you as EII-Fi just fine.
    @Persephone - getting to know her a bit more made me see beta NF over gamma Ni significantly more.
    @Sol - LSx is no question. Make video

Airman - LSI? (as with absurd, the forum idea of LSE is weird to me compared to the ones i know irl, the ones i know aren't nearly as contentious and aggressive unless its the means towards some tangible objective)
    Bullets - IEI (SEI as a less likely alternative, the flowy Ni cogitations aren't as apparent to me as the Ti/Fe output, but he prefers a volatile and jostly kind of beta style to a peacefully playful alpha one)
    Director Abbie - LSE (i've thought about LSI - i think if she were beta, her lifestyle would obfuscate the popular conception of beta values, but I think she is too oriented towards Fi)
    Eliza Thomason - ESE? (seems a bit normative and certain of her perspectives for an IEE)
    Hacim - xII
    inumbra - IxI-Ni. ILI>IEI out of sheer bias. (Ni out the wazoo. those who consider SEI are out their gotdamn minds, her included <3)
    jessica129 - xSI (irrational how? she mostly expresses personal judgments afaict)
    Joy - i'm confident about Fi/Te sensing extrovert and i prefer rational/LSE
    Satan - SLE
    Suz - SEI? (judicious ethical, Fe>Fi, i was much surer of ESE>SEI before seeing her on cam)
    woofwoofl - EP! SEE is fine
    Let me add my comments as I didn't remember to include these people in my previous list.

@Airman - weirder suggestion: if not delta ST then LIE maybe? I see 1D Fi, in any case. No way it's 2D, I don't see Ti base either.
    @Bullets - the flowy Ni is apparent to me in his forum writings. Sometimes in shoutbox too but yes he usually just runs around with Fe there
    @Director Abbie - I'll add to what I previously said about her: yes, I wondered about LSI too a long time ago. Can't say if the Fi is 1D or what, Ij could make sense for her style. I don't see Ti base or Se valuing however, just a load of Si. If not LSE, some hyperrational SLI would make sense if there's such a thing but I think LSE makes the most sense. Normalizing in DCNH giving the Ij-ish style impression?
    @Eliza Thomason - ESE or IEE, yeah, I wonder...
    @Hacim - definitely LII, stereotypical TiNe way of thinking
    @inumbra - already listed her but I have to say: agreed on SEI being a crazy thought for her haha
    @jessica129 - I don't see the Ti base so far but ESI is definitely something I've considered for her apart from the SLI self-typing. LSI if I just missed the Ti so far - though I don't see the analytical approach
    @Joy - agreed, I don't think she's Se valuing
    @Satan - SLx
    @Suz - what was the video like?
    @woofwoofl - ESFx

What do you type Absurd?

Myst - LSI-Se (i guess there's some question about SLE, but the Ti is much more apparent to me - maybe it just would be tho)
    Sometimes the SLE question still almost confuses me too haha but I have too much patience for EIEs compared to SLEs
    Last edited by Myst; 10-23-2016 at 03:04 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I also don't look externally to others for great cause or meaning as I've seen in LSI's descriptions - always internally. You'll notice my interactions with some in the shoutbox hold a system or others up to an ideal that isn't shared by them. But the Ji aspect of what you described seems like something I can agree on. This is the consistency and rigidity of that idealistic tendency, I think.
    How do you interpret this looking externally to others for cause/meaning? Ni HA is pretty internal. Is this about the Fe more?

What's that ideal you have?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    How do you interpret this looking externally to others for cause/meaning? Ni HA is pretty internal. Is this about the Fe more?

What's that ideal you have?
    By that I mostly mean that I generate my own meaning and don't expect help from anyone else (such as a dual) in that process. I'm strong enough in that area that I don't need help with it, essentially.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI is lookalike with SEI, both can be very peaceful and mediator-like. But I also have a beta-like provocativeness despite me greatly valuing harmony.

I am not a sensor lol.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been suggested a time or two but I chalk it up to the usual confusion over primary use of Sensing functions and Intuitive functions. However, I appreciate this reason you gave - because I really want to understand where people are coming from with other type suggestions, and this is a good, specific reason. Yes, certainty of my perspectives is there - you have no idea how much I have put into them, though - what it took for me to get there. A lot! If asked, I can explain and explain. Most people don't ask though (and now that I have said I can "explain and explain", even fewer people might ask! ). Because, like my quotes below that I just put in my signature, it really is considered unreal, and odd to have a fixed perspective. But I do, on certain things!

But to have a creed, or a certainly on matters of faith or morals - that's not a definition of a rational. Both rationals and irrationals can have firm theological beliefs.

[Here are the referred-to signature quotes in this post text, because I am sure I will be changing it before long]:

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    .............- G.K.Chesterton

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along by every wind of teaching, looks like the only attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    ............ - Pope Benedict the XVI, on "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 10-23-2016 at 05:22 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, agreed.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

By that I mostly mean that I generate my own meaning and don't expect help from anyone else (such as a dual) in that process. I'm strong enough in that area that I don't need help with it, essentially.
    I don't want that much help either. That would be suggestive Ni. It's just nice to talk about these things.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Still not entirely convinced that @lungs isn't EII. And I think @Maritsa is probably SEI.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESI is accurate for me.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    Still not entirely convinced that @lungs isn't EII. And I think @Maritsa is probably SEI.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Only posting about disputed ones (disputed here or elsewhere):
    @Mega - didn't draw enough final conclusions yet but xIE seems okay
    Btw. You people all seem to idealize EII or something...
    I thought about it and EIE make more sens than LIE, because I can naturally and easily understand interactions between people and their point of view. Moreover, I'm enclined to make decisions based on sensation and what I feel is right (or just what I want), rather than make decisions by pure logic. I've to force myself to make logical decisions and it doesn't work all the time.
    Finally, logic is not to me something I feel like I understand as profoundly as human interactions or what goes inside a person mind.

Hence, EIE over LIE.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

@cpig/ili @Ghost/sei @totalize/lie @Adam Strange/lse
    @spider/sli @handjob/see @hacim/lii @inumbra/sli @jaein/eii
    @hag/eii @lungs/esi @Myst/lsi @Narc/lie
    @rogue/iei @vilen/iei @woof/see @Starfall/iei @Cassandra/eii @Herzy/see @Aylen/iei @Nick/iei @mfckr/lie
    Last edited by Satan; 02-11-2017 at 07:21 PM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I spy an alpha

It's a pretty gamma group, right? Dude, total, so noisy <3
    it seems kind of balanced but missing alpha. a lot of the gammas don't come on.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(the fourth said alpha SF then switched to gamma NT.......and that person was Jeremy.........).
    LOL, now what you were saying makes sense.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Abbie Si-ESE 1w9 (ask me why not w2) 145
    9 instead of 2 is not the most confusing part.
    ESE? Really? Have I been giving you Fe lately? I'm sorry. I think it might be an attention-seeking thing.
    4 and 5? How? Of 5, 6, and 7 I think I relate to them in reverse order, meaning 5 last. Why do you think I'm 5ish?
    When I ranked types I'm likely to be in order, 4 was last. What is 4ish about me?
    And finally, why do you think I'm not a 2-wing when a few months ago you were emphasizing my 2-ness?
    It makes me wonder whether you know another Abbie on the forum.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.