Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Maritsa: Guru; Actor, Confirm and final

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    sigh... i give up.

As much as I like Maritsa, I think she does have a tendency to "confirm and final" typings when they shouldn't be. She "confirmed and finaled" me as SEE a couple years ago. Now she is "confirming and finaling" me as IEE. So, which is it? Can I really rely on her socionic impressions of me?

It's actually not so important to me anymore to be properly typed, as I'm not planning to use socionics to pick out dating partners or friends. The dynamic determines compatibility, and it will work out if it's meant to.
    I think @Maritsa has long held the view that irrational types are "calm" (in comparison to rational types), whereas temperament theory would perhaps say that IP or IJ types are most calm (I think there are good arguments for either), and that EP types are not known for being calm. Maritsa has made reference to her view on occasions when she has had an outburst and sort to explain away behaviour that others have seen as "un-EII-like".

EP Temperament:Typical characteristics

• flexible

• mobile

• impulsive, shifting from apparent inactivity to bursts of energy, often several times a day, showing impatience during them

• walk is energetic but "cat-like"

• often seems optimistic and open-minded

• entertains people easily and naturally

• inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

EPs are both static and irrational, so they perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt "leaps" from one state to another. An EP is bothered by the lack of change, especially as seen through his leading function, since his personal preference is for change. That makes him impulsive, with sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought, as he tries to get his perceptions "moving".

As extroverts, EPs tend to be feel that it is up to them to initiate contacts with other people, and EPs in particular tend to feel quite natural in that role.

EJ Temperament: Typical characteristics

• proactive

• restless

• difficult to relax unless tired

• walk tends to be quick-paced and "purposeful", as well as stiff

• "calmly energetic" with few intense variations in the level of energy during the day

• inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

EJs are both dynamic and rational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. At the same time, an EJ has his own views of what reality "should" be. This inclines him to be quick to take action, normally using his leading function, in order to make sure things will remain, or become, as they should be, before change can get too far.

As extroverts, EJs tend to feel that it is up to them to initiate contacts with other people, whether in the context of establishing or maintaining a relationship. They will not necessarily act on that, though, and sometimes wish others would take over this role.

IP Temperament: Typical characteristics

• relaxed

• go-with-the-flow

• finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy

• movements are flexible, unhurried

• little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods

IPs are both dynamic and irrational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. An IP is soothed by this, seeing reality through his leading function. This leads to a relaxed inclination to take things as they come and adapt to them.

As introverts, IPs tend to be relaxed and somewhat passive about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative.

IJ Temperament: Typical characteristics

• calm, balanced and inert

• "unflappable"

• rigid but not very fast gait

• may appear passive-aggressive

• usually very stable mood

• more reactive than active

• little inclination to fidget during long periods of inactivity

IJs are both static and rational, so they see reality as mostly not changing and when it does, it's in abrupt "leaps" from one state to another. An IJ draws inner stability from a stable reality, especially as seen through his leading function. That makes him confident that things will probably remain as they are despite what he sees as minor disturbances; periods of clear upheaval are very disturbing and the individual is anxious that things will "settle down" one way or the other soon enough.

As introverts, IJs tend to be calm and relaxed about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative, but will be more inclined to try to make sure a relationship is maintained once established.
    source: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Temperament

Notice that the IP temperament is relaxed, unhurried etc., the EJ temperament is restless, proactive, "calmly energetic", the IJ temperament is "calm, balanced and inert", "unflappable", and the EP temperament is flexible, mobile, impulsive.

Other notes from the wiki:
    • EPs perceive EJs as active but too restless and nervous, slightly annoying due to a lack of sense of spontaneity.

• EJs see EPs as unpredictable and moody, and therefore a bit irritating, but also as extremely energetic once they do focus on doing something, as well as the source of initiatives that may be worthwhile.

• IPs see IJs as boring and too concerned with stability.

• IJs see IPs as unreliable and unwilling to take any initiative, with too low levels of energy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    What I don't get is where is Ne as a base function in Suz? Bubbliness/seriousness has nothing to do with differentiating between ESE or IEE imo, they can both be either or. My opinion: If Suz is 9w1, then she can't be ESE. While reading the chatbox and about her love life, she seems more ESE 2w3 to me (being quite demanding and proud) , but then there are so many conflicting informations (her relating to very passive IEI profile description for example) , it's difficult to tell.
    I guess we're just going to have to have another meet up with her to find out
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    What I don't get is where is Ne as a base function in Suz? Bubbliness/seriousness has nothing to do with differentiating between ESE or IEE imo, they can both be either or. My opinion: If Suz is 9w1, then she can't be ESE. While reading the chatbox and about her love life, she seems more ESE 2w3 to me (being quite demanding and proud) , but then there are so many conflicting informations (her relating to very passive IEI profile description for example) , it's difficult to tell.
    i've resonated with both 9w1 and 2w3... depends on my mood, situation i'm in, etc
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't think mixing the cognitive aspects of type with the more exclusively personality-oriented and less-cognitive aspects of type works great.

Things like passive, bubbly, assertive, calm, etc are IMHO covered in a superior way by theories like Big Five. In fact, one can find a much more advanced discussion of the things related to temperament in that space.
    I have taken to using DCNH not as is, but as a shorthand labeling tool for some of these temperament-related things.
    When they are related to cognitive type, it should be because there is express evidence that the psychology associated to a certain temperament is working seamlessly with a certain cognitive ego-orientation.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be bubbly but not always.

ESE possible, SEI possible, IEE possible, different type altogether possible. Ppl have voiced strongly for & against all of these in the past. Most ppl seem happy with an ESE typing for me; i think alpha quadra fits fine,and i could potentially see myself as ESE from what ive read, so i am self-typing ESE right now. Doesnt mean its set in stone.

I continue to welcome everyone's thoughts.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Seems SEI

LSE women don't go out looking like shlops lol

Se is all about the outward appearance of things. Texture, shared force etc. EII just don't care that much about whether colors match and will try new things even if they look weird. EII will also not be as observant or talkative about externals of people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    EII just don't care that much about whether colors match and will try new things even if they look weird.
    N types care on more subconscious level. As about EII - they are more tactful in talking, compared to Maritsa (EIE).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    N types care on more subconscious level. As about EII - they are more tactful in talking, compared to Maritsa (EIE).
    I think anyone who has met me in real life would say I'm EII.

And that is talking tactfully..as an example for you.

I feel bad for you sol. I don't understand what causes your blindness but I have decided it's not something that I care about because I have tried to be friendly despite your lack of awareness.

In any case I have bigger concerns now.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

i like that youre supposed to be duals and you hate eachother hahaha

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    He hates me. When he first joined the forum I was very nice to him I gave him indirect hints as to recognize the type of authority that P Mu4 types are so that he wouldn't get banned. He has made up his mind that I'm EIE and therefore somehow the enemy and not treated me with appreciation and not even a thanks for helping me out.

I recognized him as LSE very quickly and sometimes I support his method but he doesn't care. He just doesn't care because to him I'm EIE.
    I'm just using the forum as a distraction now because my dad is intubated in the icu and he's dying.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

people just want to type characters/people they hate as their conflictor
    Conflictors easily catch your attention, as the most differing type. While people type anyones, - the more they had communication with people of some type, - the more easy is to type them.
    Hate to conflictors is probably a myth. Well-known Gulenko don't describe it such, for example. I don't hate conflictors, especially women. They are rather cute if to don't deal with them close. Superego are other story, some of them were rather annoying.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I don't hate conflictors, especially women. They are rather cute if to don't deal with them close.
    @Maritsa he thinks youre cute

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Maritsa he thinks youre cute
    He's typing me as his super ego
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

He's typing me as his super ego
    oh shit i forgot hes lse not sli

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

oh shit i forgot hes lse not sli
    Don't be sad. There are more important things in life than someone who has never met and probably isn't real
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't hate forum members . Only some of their behavior. To hate someone, the opponent needs to make serious harm IRL, not just to say "bad words" or have opinion I don't like.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just using the forum as a distraction now because my dad is intubated in the icu and he's dying.
    I'm so sorry to hear this.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this.
    He passed on Father's day, Sunday
    -

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP.

You've my condolences.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    RIP.

You've my condolences.
    thank you
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Minde - mb ISFJ

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maritsa I am so sorry to hear this heart breaking news. Sending my condolences out to both you and your family.

May his beautiful soul rest in peace.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you @Pink @Starfall @Park @squark <3 for such sweet words.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousFunk View Post
    The ESFj (I believe I have him typed properly)
    You are incompetent to be sure in types. You also believe your type is INTP, while F type is closer to you.

with whom I'm involved is all about being optimally productive
    When you'll be in relations for >1 year, then you may say about stable good relations and productivity. While you have them lesser than 2 monthes, what is nothing.

which is the opposite of what you describe
    You disagree with basic Socionics theory without reasonable basis, based on your lame typings.
    The theory is that you may to have short or superficial not bad relations in conflictor IR. The longer or closer relations you have, the more IR problems will press you. While your real IR are unknown anyway.

You state however that the ESFj "could [sic] care less about being optimally productive." Are we talking about the same person here?
    Your opinion about his type evidently means much lesser, than types theory. You was said already by several people, that his description does not fit to ESFJ good.

If you want more adequate opinions about his type than yours, - give videointerview of him. Same if you want to know own type, as what you write in the profile is also very doubful. It's the most reasonable what you can do if you are interested in Socionics, but not in baseless arguing with it.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Sol!

How's my Бешеная немного лодыжки кусающееся животное today?

::: throws snarling little dog a little bone :::

HET!.jpg

You really shouldn't allow yourself to get so worked up on here.

FF
    5 planets in Scorpio: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus & Mars. Probably not a shrinking violet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Eris LSE final giving you your attention
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eris LSE final giving you your attention
    Dude, you're fucking wrong, accept it. You're the only person that's ever given me that type. Frankly, now you're just pissing me off.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have an opinion on my type?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on my type?
    I'll look into it I do require VI first please
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Dude, you're fucking wrong, accept it. You're the only person that's ever given me that type. Frankly, now you're just pissing me off.
    wear that E 8. It suits you well.
    And reread my message. It's nothing to get pissed off about.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We're in this tiny chat room if anyone wants to join us

http://tinychat.com/fagland
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wear that E 8. It suits you well.
    And reread my message. It's nothing to get pissed off about.
    It is, because I know what I am and it's frustrating to have someone say it's wrong. I'm nothing like Abbie and we disagree on a lot of shit. And I really don't have the vigor to deal with this anymore because I think I'm getting depressed again. And when I'm in this state it's easy to mistype me because I'm not acting like my normal self.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll look into it I do require VI first please
    Not in a situation where I can make a video.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Not in a situation where I can make a video.

video is not method of typing and as you already saw it's not very affective in some cases
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

it means she likes you so take it as a compliment

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girls, girls . . . you're BOTH pretty. Now stop arguing or I'll call your father.
    5 planets in Scorpio: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus & Mars. Probably not a shrinking violet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It is, because I know what I am and it's frustrating to have someone say it's wrong. I'm nothing like Abbie and we disagree on a lot of shit. And I really don't have the vigor to deal with this anymore because I think I'm getting depressed again. And when I'm in this state it's easy to mistype me because I'm not acting like my normal self.
    I'm sorry that you deal with depression. I do too

No
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Really sad, I'm the professional typist here :/ Everyone else who pays me respects me and my typing of them and really pays attention to the things that I say. I'm going to start charging people.
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall

I'm sorry that you deal with depression. I do too
    Great, then don't be exacerbatin' my feelings.

No
    Then why are you trying to dualize with me, honey. :-)