Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IEI-LSI activity relations (INFp and ISTj)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-LSI activity relations (INFp and ISTj)

I noticed there has been little to no discussion about this. It seems as if there is a lack of interest in this relation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr_KvM5MxyM&NR

i think that is what it would be like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric
    OMFG, I love it!!!

Creepy-aurora_faerie

It was scary

I don't ever say anything about my activity partner because I don't know anyone who is istj

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    YES!!! AHAHAHAHHAHAAH
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFP & ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    I adore ISTjs...
    it's true.

My dad is one, my best friend is one, and my other close friend is one. =) They are nothing like the bad stereotypes. They have this super cute hidden playful side that they always show around me.. yet others only see their uncompromising, strict & serious side. They tend to be conservative in beliefs and dress code, yes, but other than that -- they accept my wild Ni ramblings and Fe spewings with pleasure and I enjoy their Ti and Se.

I love how they remember the little details that I always forget. They ground me. I seem to be able to talk to them about anything weird and random, and they accept it in a way that is different from other types, for example an ENFp would be able to talk well with me randomly in regards to using their Ne, but the ISTj just offers something the ENFp does not. Though we are so different, it is entirely complementary and comfortable.

I also like their reservedness and determination. They can set their minds to something and DO it. No backing down, and veryyyyyy reliable. I loveee that. I talk as if they were my Dual ;P haha. They also have this crazy whacko shit side that comes out too! They'll all of a sudden scream&yell emotionally over something.. my bestfriend screamed over some test she messed up on. It is hilarious to me. Everything they do makes me laugh and they're not even trying to make me laugh. <3

My grandma is INFP, my best friend, and one other girlfriend. I was immediately attracted to them when we met, before we even talked, and they adopted me straight away. I think they are awesome, I enjoy being with them so much. There's so much complementarity there without it being oppositional. The main problem I have to date is finding it hard to believe that they like me as much as I do them - I still find them a bit impenetrable, I would like to understand the type more. Wish I would meet a nice male INFP & see what that's like! Has anyone had an INFP ISTJ relationship? Do you get sick of each other as the activity partners description suggests?
    female ISTj, sensory subtype

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hooray, I'm quoted =D

Aww, I have never really had a relationship with a male ISTj though.. besides my dad, lol. I would really love to have one and experience it.. cause I think that is exactly what I need right now - stability, reliability.. etc. to grounddd me. If they are anything like the ISTjs in my life now - WOOT =D

My new goal: Find a male ISTj =0

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go girl! Hey, if you're bicurious we could kill 2 birds with one stone...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Zillah

Good to see a fellow ISTJ here

Regards,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likewise Five.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a new friend who I've typed as ISTj, he's teh cool.

I typed my boyfriends dad as ISTj too, he is hilarious.

I bet you guys like how in depth I am describing these two ISTj's and how useful my input is.

But really, that's all I have to say atm.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zillah

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ISTj friend is extremely unreliable. Maybe you mean only after they commit to something in writing?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't get involved with an unreliable ISTj.
    They aren't psychologically well.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    I wouldn't get involved with an unreliable ISTj.
    They aren't psychologically well.
    You mean there is such a thing called an unreliable ISTj?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    Quote Originally Posted by zillah
    Jeez, joking.

You mean there is such a thing called an unreliable ISTj?
    Sensory subtype is not as duty ridden as logical subtype. I'm only reliable about things I want to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-LSI activity relations: how to provide Fe dual-seeking? (INFp and ISTj)

What are the ways that one can provide for an ISTj's Fe dual-seeking without having to be a drama queen who aims to provoke anger and violence every 2-4 weeks? Music? Soul-wrenching movies?

<waits for ScarlettLux and misutii to appear>
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently you're supposed to try you're hardest to not make any emotional disturbance, and then, when it inevitably happens, play the loving victim role. (Thereby enabling further the ISTj's sense of dominance - Se creative, submitting to its influence and taking comfort in it).

ENFjs are supposedly perpetual worriers, so willingly being dominated by someone who perpetually has to be right about most every situation is rewarding to them apparently.

- slightly biased description, heavily enforced by my experience with an ISTj who has major Ne trouble.

In this case The Inspector has only to watch that these feelings remain stable, and to take care of the one whom needs him so much. Feeling coldness from the side of others, he shrinks into himself, becomes inaccessible and touchy. He can keep this pain inside for a long time, and this may even result in quarrels for nothing, for reasons seemingly quite irrelevant to the real problem. The Mentor also needs emotional discharging and is quite capable of provoking quarrels.
    http://www.socionics.us/socioniko/en...s/dual-2j.html

I'll be interesting in hearing what people have to say about this topic
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha... this topic did catch my attention pretty quickly

But yeah - ISTjs. My two closest girl friends are ISTjs and I spend massive amounts of time with them during weekdays. All I can really notice is that they love when I exaggerate emotion of any sort... yes, that is similar to being a "Drama-Queen" but I don't think I really provoke any fights or negativity. It's just that I am loud and emphasize all my feelings outwardly.

I've noticed that when we are together, we tend to become very loud and the description of Beta "strong humour" is definitely there. Anger is especially a favoured emotion to express... "ARGHHH! I HATE THIS!!! THIS SUCKS!!! OMG!"
    ISTjs get dramatic themselves quite frequently about the tiniest things too! One of them lost a sheet of signatures for a Student Council election and she was bawwwwling.

I can see why an ENFj would definitely help out and complement an ISTj... lol. Yeah, this wasn't very helpful. I don't know what else to say, since I'm just an INFP Fe and I do get tired of all the Activity relations.

Basically, you just have to be very expressive outwardly if you wish to fulfill their Fe Dual seeking.. and what UDP said about ENFjs always worrying? (I dunno if that is true, but as an INFp Fe, that is EXTREMELY true for me) The ISTj provides something DEFINITE and always correct attitude.. this is something I love too.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah - because I am a peace loving man, that was my mistake:

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Apparently you're supposed to try you're hardest to not make any emotional disturbance, and then, when it inevitably happens, play the loving victim role.
    where this works better -
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    All I can really notice is that they love when I exaggerate emotion of any sort... yes, that is similar to being a "Drama-Queen" but I don't think I really provoke any fights or negativity. It's just that I am loud and emphasize all my feelings outwardly.
    ENFjs I know do that naturally, quite naturally.

I'll keep this in mind for the future, as I'll have to give Beta advice for beta individuals, as opposed to ..... (alpha?) advice. It seems incredibly illogical that people would so desire and so require that amount of emotionality, especially blatant and pointless arguing. Maybe it is more Se ISTjs that enjoy arguing more.

The ISTj provides something DEFINITE and always correct attitude.. this is something I love too.
    It is good to see that and understand that. At least that makes more sense.
    Ni worrying seeks Se assurance
    Ne ...? seeks Si ........ ?

The reverse of Ni/Se would be a more positive aspect, so, opposite of worrying about the future, and opposite of desiring assurance. Yet still there is the aspect of N requiring and S providing. So Si would provide a current (internal) comfort, as Ne would not necessitate needing "outside reassurance" of anything - just in the same way Se would not need "outside possibilities" of things.

Ne 'positive possibility awareness' seeks Si comforting. or something like that.

PS: It is very interesting, to consider the quadras and duals especially, how all the major malfunctions of man can generate, and I wonder if they are even harbored. (Do duals encourage overcoming the pre-set obstacles and limitations of psychological disposition - or do they only enable them further? That would be an interesting study to look into)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illogical maybe, but congruent with Beta's erotic spirit. I'll highlight the parts that were true of my explosive ENFj friend:

Beta quadras - portrayers. Motto: To suffer and to conquer.

(Types: Teacher, inspector, leader, lyric poetries)

Characteristic tendency towards tests of the strength of feelings . Distrustfulness causes a tendency towards durable relations with jealous- proprietary moods. Deep and strong, frequently dramatic experiences coupled with deficiencies of trust contribute to frequent quarrels, which are resolved by reconciliations. This unstable emotional background is full of contradictions. Equilibrium is reached via suppression and subordination of partners. (had to pour cold water on him pretty often) Eroticly - an overall attitude of seriousness and fervency. In this case one partner frequently behaves in a way which is contrary to the other partener. Hence the contrast of behavior and the unexpected emotional effects. Erotic stimuli includes behaviors with violent and defensive tendencies.
    And that was only over the internet...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beta/delta source of conflict is very clear to see in that way.

4 huge differentiations in psychological erotic tendencies... amazing really. No wonder the world is as it is.

I wonder if it is even possible for the people to live together. 4 different realities people see?

I wonder what the best way to regulate interaction would be.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, you just have to be very expressive outwardly if you wish to fulfill their Fe Dual seeking.. and what UDP said about ENFjs always worrying? (I dunno if that is true, but as an INFp Fe, that is EXTREMELY true for me) The ISTj provides something DEFINITE and always correct attitude.. this is something I love too.
    It's true. I'm an infinitely worrying over-planner. I wish someone else was sure about things when I'm unsure. And when I worry about things, I wish people didn't sssshhhh me, but in stead would give me a reason why I shouldn't worry. And I wish other people would confirm my hesitant decisions. I really should get together with that ISTj girl that I know...

Today I got together with my boyfriend's ENFp friend again and he pissed me off so bad, but I couldn't do anything about it because he was being all "friendly and polite", which means I had a passive-aggressive experience. I'm still so pissed off that I will raise my voice if anyone brings up the topic. Long story short, I want more ISTjs in my life and all those delta people can .... -<peep>- . It's just that I'm surrounded by deltas! INFjs who are angry at me for some weird reason but won't say why, and ENFps who act all diplomatic, but hint things that upset me, and ISTps who I try to get along with, but we just keep stepping on each others shoes. To be honest, right now the ISTp sounds the best!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I really should get together with that ISTj girl that I know...
    post videos please!

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true. I'm an infinitely worrying over-planner. I wish someone else was sure about things when I'm unsure. And when I worry about things, I wish people didn't sssshhhh me, but in stead would give me a reason why I shouldn't worry. And I wish other people would confirm my hesitant decisions. I really should get together with that ISTj girl that I know...

Today I got together with my boyfriend's ENFp friend again and he pissed me off so bad, but I couldn't do anything about it because he was being all "friendly and polite", which means I had a passive-aggressive experience. I'm still so pissed off that I will raise my voice if anyone brings up the topic. Long story short, I want more ISTjs in my life and all those delta people can .... -<peep>- . It's just that I'm surrounded by deltas! INFjs who are angry at me for some weird reason but won't say why, and ENFps who act all diplomatic, but hint things that upset me, and ISTps who I try to get along with, but we just keep stepping on each others shoes. To be honest, right now the ISTp sounds the best!

Damn, I feel ya. I really do.. it's even worse for me because I have had 3 relationships (all horribly failed) with 3 ENFps. And I am an ENFp magnet, STILL. So many ENFps have had interest in me, for God knows what reason.. maybe they find me similar to them from a distance and are intrigued by me but then we both realize how different we really are. Ugh.. INFjs are horrible with me too... as friends, we can never seem to have a really good conversation where we "get" eachother. It's always just small talk and even when it does attempt to go "deeper" .. it seems so forced. Bleh, ISTps just hate me (well, this one girl really hates me and holds a grudge cause of that stupid Fi dual seeking crap for a really dumb reason) ... ESTjs scare the living bejeebus out of me.

Deltas.

Sorry if this sounded hateful but.. lol. It's just that Delta vibes and attitudes are just so opposite to Beta. I love Beta's drama and emotionality.. when we feel something, we VOICE it.. and LOUDLY. =] No need for that passive-aggressive bB.S. that perpetrates Delta.. INFjs especially keep this insanely -________- face for EVERYTHING.. I've never seen them get overly excited, EVER.. or overly anything for that matter. No emotional involvement pisses the living daylights out of me. I just wanna shake all of them and be like "WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!?! SHOW SOME EXPRESSION, SHOW ME THAT YOU'RE ALIVE!"

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"......."

I used to know one girl who frequently told me that she "was going to break me down." I could always tell that she felt angry at me for being so quiet about things. That Beta description was totally her. I always dreaded it when we had to work together.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, I became relativly close with one over the interweb. So it was using lots of <3's and ^^ and helping him (in a game) THen I started talking to him about real life, but mainly my woes. I continued doing it due to the listening ear I got, and the reassurence. Then once we started talking outside of the game, it got better. I could whine about anything and he would never really get annoyed. He'd respond with hard logic and assurtion (sp). But he wasn't nesessarily serious ALL the time, actually the opposite. We were goofy as fuck together, to the point where this other girl we played with got extremely jealous due to how much fun we had playing together (in game) and how much we'd talk about our IM and phone conversations and inside jokes.

I once saw an image of an INFp and ISTj playing with action figures, putting them in sexual positions and such. This describes our friendship almost exactly
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ScarlettLux, lol, your post is hilarious. And so true.

I don't have enough experience with ISTjs yet, but so far they seem to have a postitive reaction to whenever I'm behaving very opinionated and sarcastic. "And what's up with all the blondes in the streets?! We can all see the dark roots! I wonder if they think it actually makes them prettier...!...". To be honest, ISTjs are almost the only people who react positively to such random venting (which is very good for the heart). Other types just think I'm being too negative or I'm being mean or that I'm stereotyping people... With ISTjs I can just speak my mind! And I can get all dramatic and sarcastic and they'll just laugh at the humor that I insert into all that bitching.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this time I just thought people like that were psychogically unwell. But... that is Beta's prefered style of interaction? I'll have to keep that in mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    All this time I just thought people like that were psychogically unwell. But... that is Beta's prefered style of interaction? I'll have to keep that in mind.

May I quote you in my signature?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may.

PS: But I do like your current signature, I must say.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have enough experience with ISTjs yet, but so far they seem to have a postitive reaction to whenever I'm behaving very opinionated and sarcastic.
    Ah, true! I never really noticed this as a pattern, but they actually laugh when I start being extremely caustic (something which usually repels most people).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

I don't have enough experience with ISTjs yet, but so far they seem to have a postitive reaction to whenever I'm behaving very opinionated and sarcastic.
    Ah, true! I never really noticed this as a pattern, but they actually laugh when I start being extremely caustic (something which usually repels most people).
    This makes INFps laugh too, when ESTps become like that. I find it hilarious when ISTjs laugh though.. they're just sooo giggly. Like this one kid in my Chem class last semester.. (I swear that class was Beta-dominated) who would laugh at everything this other kid said (I think he was ESTp) in a really funny manner that in turn made me laugh (if I wasn't already laughing @ whatever the ESTp said)

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Characteristic tendency towards tests of the strength of feelings . Distrustfulness causes a tendency towards durable relations with jealous- proprietary moods. Deep and strong, frequently dramatic experiences coupled with deficiencies of trust contribute to frequent quarrels, which are resolved by reconciliations. This unstable emotional background is full of contradictions. Equilibrium is reached via suppression and subordination of partners. (had to pour cold water on him pretty often) Eroticly - an overall attitude of seriousness and fervency. In this case one partner frequently behaves in a way which is contrary to the other partener. Hence the contrast of behavior and the unexpected emotional effects. Erotic stimuli includes behaviors with violent and defensive tendencies.
    Sorry, but beta duality as presented in the above sounds extremely shitty. Distrustfulness/jealousy and violent tendencies are not qualities which are conducive to a good relationship IMO. Would any of the betas here really be contented in the situation described or has Meged made a mistake?
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Sorry, but beta duality as presented in the above sounds extremely shitty. Distrustfulness/jealousy and violent tendencies are not qualities which are conducive to a good relationship IMO. Would any of the betas here really be contented in the situation described or has Meged made a mistake?
    When I read that, I really want to change type. I couldn't say in a relationship that worked that way. In fact, I don't see any of those tendencies in my ISTj dad or in the ESTp-ESFj marriage of some relatives. What kind of type is meged? Maybe a delta-quadra-type might interpret some "playful drama" as "suppression of the other party", what do you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of type is meged? Maybe a delta-quadra-type might interpret some "playful drama" as "suppression of the other party", what do you think?
    I think that might have some truth to it. Perhaps the problem is that it is painted in such obviously negative light. Written by a Fi-type who cannot comprehend it or respect it possibly? What I mean is that the information it is trying to portray might be true but the way it is portrayed is aimed to mock it instead of understanding it.

I think the same phenomenon can be seen in this thread where Beta types mock Delta types and their lack of drama.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    What kind of type is meged? Maybe a delta-quadra-type might interpret some "playful drama" as "suppression of the other party", what do you think?
    I think that might have some truth to it. Perhaps the problem is that it is painted in such obviously negative light. Written by a Fi-type who cannot comprehend it or respect it possibly? What I mean is that the information it is trying to portray might be true but the way it is portrayed is aimed to mock it instead of understanding it.

I think the same phenomenon can be seen in this thread where Beta types mock Delta types and their lack of drama.
    I think that from Deltas a quarrel could be overestimated. Personally there are some people - ISTj among them, sometimees - that really seem to "get" things only via a bit of quarreling. It's not even personal, you just have to get irritated at them when they demand to do something "IMMEDIATLY" and they're usually like "Ok Ok you're right you were doing something else". Could this be "subordination of the partner"...?????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that from Deltas a quarrel could be overestimated. Personally there are some people - ISTj among them, sometimees - that really seem to "get" things only via a bit of quarreling. It's not even personal, you just have to get irritated at them when they demand to do something "IMMEDIATLY" and they're usually like "Ok Ok you're right you were doing something else". Could this be "subordination of the partner"...?????
    What is real subordination of the partner is what one ISTj did when he made her housewife sign a paper that in case of divorce the wife has no right for anything he owns. He is the one bringing in all money and owning their house, their car, their bank account, their summer cottage, their everything so the paper guarantees that the wife would be left with pretty much nothing should she decide to take a divorce. She might not even get the children because she couldn't support them. So she better stay faithful and take care of their children That is what I call subordination. But they seem happy now and other than the imbalance in "monetary power" they are very equal I would freak out in that kind of situation. I guess the ISTj wanted to sort of "guarantee" that his static life situation which includes nice house, nice job, nice family stays as it is now and forever as he is and has always been quite paranoid about people being unfaithful and taking divorces too easily. I don't think he considers much about the emotional impact this might have on the partner

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that from Deltas a quarrel could be overestimated. Personally there are some people - ISTj among them, sometimees - that really seem to "get" things only via a bit of quarreling. It's not even personal, you just have to get irritated at them when they demand to do something "IMMEDIATLY" and they're usually like "Ok Ok you're right you were doing something else".
    To give another kind of answer. I can see how this subordination sometimes manifests in some ESTps who have no problems of _trying_ to (usually not so seriously) subordinate other people. It is like they can try to push people to do something and if the person does it they are like "lol, he/she actually did it..how interesting". If the other person resists only then do they start to seek compromises.

So one ESTp I know could say like "Yes I know you have this important hobby in the evening but I want you to come shopping with me today. It is very important to me so I expect you to cancel your hobby and come. Pick me at 6pm ok?". If the other person goes there and later complains and whines that he had to skip the hobby and the ESTp had no right to ask that etc etc. the ESTp is like "eh...wtf..no one forced you to come? I thought you wanted to come? Stop whining to me about how YOU did something YOU should not have done. I just told what I wanted.". But if the other person says "I won't come as the hobby is more important to me..." then the ESTp is like "Are you sure...it is very important to me? We could have fun!". Then the other one says "Come on now..I won't be coming...I will go to my hobby". Then the ESTp is like "Lol..ok! See you another time!". So there is this attempt to subordinate people but also there is no real "forcing" as the other person is allowed to make up their own mind and if they refuse to be subordinated then it is ok too.

I think at least ESTp focus is primarily in their own needs which leads to natural attempts at subordination but they will listen to anyone who actually voices out their opinion. Those who don't voice out their opinion WILL be subordinated "peacefully".

ISTjs would be perhaps more concerned about the other person's needs but also can actually FORCE people to subordination. I mean really FORCE them if needed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast