Thread: Ti loyalty

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti loyalty

It seems to me that Ti types are more loyal to their way of thinking than Te types.

Ti types use structural logic. They apply information to the system of logic they've set up. They fit things into their systems. If something doesn't fit, they can't except it. They have to make it fit into the existing system, change the system, or reject it.

There are far more Ti types here than Te types, in my observations.

Of course, there's more to Ti than just that. I don't want people showing up saying "THAT'S NOT ALL THAT TI IS" so I'm stating that it is part of the premis of the concept I've mentioned.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right since introverted functions don't adapt to society. Whats inside isn't based on the ever changing reality, and whats outside does change.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for clarification, Ti types DO use their other functions... it's not like all Ti types are as anal as the description sounds.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    it's not like all Ti types are as anal as the description sounds.
    Unless they are INTj-T types who teach chemistry, have a big beard, a gut, and wear a safari hat to class, and fight with the whole class and threaten the class that he will leave if people don;t shut up
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    it's not like all Ti types are as anal as the description sounds.
    Unless they are INTj-T types who teach chemistry, have a big beard, a gut, and wear a safari hat to class, and fight with the whole class and threaten the class that he will leave if people don;t shut up
    ...But then they're not all Ti Types.
    -

Maybe Introverted Types have more of their sense-of-self invested in their dominant Function, since they're focus is on their own interpretation of rather than their interaction with the world.
    [Stormy] [LII]

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, Ne types see possibilities. The possibilities aren't just insane and all over the place... there's some type of order to it. For Alpha NTs, Ti is the framework that Ne plays on.

theory: That's why ISxjs come up with all sorts of irrelevancies and pointlessly random shit when they try to use Ne... they're overcompensating and can't use Ne properly because their Ne doesn't have the framework that Ne types' does. That's why it can be uncomfortable, too.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree, in order to use a function you need to feed it data and organize that data according to a certain format. For Ti you have to feed yourself premises. i.e. Electrons have a negative charge, Ne would store categories of patterns that would later get linked to other patterns and make up other patterns through associated linking. the more patterns you learn from nature the more complex details can be replaced with a simple link to something else. It is a form of data compression in fact. For example I might forget how something works, but I can fill in the potential missing parts with concepts, that make it do the same thing.
    -Slava

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ti loyalty

It seems to me that Ti types are more loyal to their way of thinking than Te types.

Ti types use structural logic. They apply information to the system of logic they've set up. They fit things into their systems. If something doesn't fit, they can't except it. They have to make it fit into the existing system, change the system, or reject it.
    as opposed to Te:

Quote Originally Posted by mcnew's site
    Te also maintains an active neutral stance on all of the whole of its inputs, even if the whole of the input of one thought process conflicts with any of the other core processes it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good post, joy. that's generally how i saw applied to ISTjs. if maxim can't make something fit into his logical system, he throws it out!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And types are more loyal to their central concepts and ideas than types. What's your point?

Ti types use structural logic. They apply information to the system of logic they've set up. They fit things into their systems. If something doesn't fit, they can't accept it. They have to make it fit into the existing system, change the system, or reject it.
    Makes sense, especially considering that this is the premise that science works upon. There are natural laws and theories in which ideas have to be worked. If an idea or results don't fit, either the results can't be accepted, or the if the reasoning is sound it means that the structure (preexisting laws, theories) itself may be wrong.

There are far more Ti types here than Te types, in my observations.
    Not necessarily. It may simply be that the types are more vocal than the types. In this case, frequency of Ti posts do not necessarily indicate larger numbers.

Of course, there's more to Ti than just that. I don't want people showing up saying "THAT'S NOT ALL THAT TI IS" so I'm stating that it is part of the premis of the concept I've mentioned.
    THAT'S NOT ALL THAT TI IS!

For example, Ne types see possibilities. The possibilities aren't just insane and all over the place... there's some type of order to it. For Alpha NTs, Ti is the framework that Ne plays on.
    Of course Alpha NTs benefit extremely from which makes them much more open to a greater assortment of information, ideas, or possibilities. So it's not as if all struggle to find ideas and concepts to fit their framework.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if by types you meant ixtjs then i agree. if you also meant to include extps then i disagree as they are among the most disloyal to their logic (next to exfps). i don't see why you used so many qualifiers... really i think it is an admirable trait especially since you included the bit about rejecting it outright if it is indeed found to be incorrect. the only downside is it fucks us up a bit when this occurs.

the advantage is that it allows us to reject any particular thing outright to see how things will develop and (eventually) this leads to a more varied view of how things can be than the norm. this is the process that led me to reject ideas of pure unbridled selfhood for example. which eventually developed into the concept of the mental internet (a conscious lack of discrimination between selves that led to a coming together, a blenditure, of them)