Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta pet peeves: things members of the Beta Quadra can't stand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta pet peeves: things members of the Beta Quadra can't stand

Think it'll be interesting to compare between the four quadras.
    INFP

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Condescension.
    *Lying.

*Added after reading dreamer's, it reminded me how much I hate being lied to

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    As for me, I don't like social norms very much. I also can't stand being restricted from doing something that I really want to do. I can't think of much else right now, heh.
    Agreed. I also dislike excessively preppy environments where nobody can be spontaneous.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I hate that too. I usually try to break that if I'm ever in that situation, by saying something really bold or something like that.
    Yep, something which is absolutely out of place and out of time and which subtly (not too much) criticized the whole setting.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I'd just leave. And if I couldn't, I'd find my ISFj buddy and sit in the corner and discuss how this environment sucks among other things related to the people around us.

btw, FDG...I think you are fucking with us >_>

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    No.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    No.
    So which is it...ESFp or ESTp or ENTj? I read the bit about your Se...so I don't think that you think you're ENTj...but what about the other two?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    So which is it...ESFp or ESTp or ENTj? I read the bit about your Se...so I don't think that you think you're ENTj...but what about the other two?
    ESTp. I first changed to ESFp but then realized that i have polr not

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp. I first changed to ESFp but then realized that i have polr not
    I'd be very surprised if you had a > preference and were Beta.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and I do see a lot more signs of PoLR rather than of PoLR.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nay, it is. ESTp the type, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mushiness and a display of a lack of identity.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Mushiness
    are you sure you're INFp? :wink:
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate people who take themselves too seriously. I hate people feel the need to express their every opinion on everything. Shut the fuck up. Posers. I hate arrogant people. I hate anyone on MTV's Next and Room Raiders - shallow, self-satisfied, overprivileged, stupid 20-somethings. I hate when chocolate tastes like wax. I hate condescension, covert or overt. I hate narrow-mindedness. I hate when apples get old and their water content diminishes and they become grainy and tasteless. I hate mosquito bites. I hate that sometimes I'll think "lol" instead of actually laughing like a normal person. I can't stand the smell of cologne or perfume while I'm eating. I hate when my hamster runs on his little wheel, but the wheel is squeaky, which is irritating because hamsters are nocturnal and it's always right when I fall asleep that I notice the squeaking. I hate not being able to go to sleep if I think I have to pee, even if I don't really. I hate when pasta sticks together. I hate people who insist on making me listen to their crappy indie band, telling me they've reinvented music, when they've never heard of Schoenberg. I hate cringing every time I think about my childhood. I hate when you go to the music store and plan on buying something next time you come, and when you get there next time, it isn't there anymore. I hate that you can't find clothes with nothing on them anymore. I don't want a logo, designer name, band name, my own name, a beer company name, a print of some city, a sports logo, some witty repartee on my black shirt. I just want a black shirt. I hate people who don't use the little spray thing and a wipe at the gym after they're finished with the equipment. I hate going to Blockbuster, and not being able to choose a movie because their selection sucks eggs. I hate when people act stupider than they are. I hate people with no regard for the beautiful English language, when it is their mother tongue. I hate those people who go around shops asking if you need any help. I hate English majors. I hate that I am not allowed to express anger like a normal human being without someone saying: "Pffft... What's wrong with him?" What's wrong with me? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???? Shit. You don't take me seriously is what's wrong with me.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually agree with nearly all of those, vague.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I hate people who take themselves too seriously. I hate people feel the need to express their every opinion on everything. Shut the fuck up. Posers. I hate arrogant people. I hate anyone on MTV's Next and Room Raiders - shallow, self-satisfied, overprivileged, stupid 20-somethings. I hate when chocolate tastes like wax. I hate condescension, covert or overt. I hate narrow-mindedness. I hate when apples get old and their water content diminishes and they become grainy and tasteless. I hate mosquito bites. I hate that sometimes I'll think "lol" instead of actually laughing like a normal person. I can't stand the smell of cologne or perfume while I'm eating. I hate when my hamster runs on his little wheel, but the wheel is squeaky, which is irritating because hamsters are nocturnal and it's always right when I fall asleep that I notice the squeaking. I hate not being able to go to sleep if I think I have to pee, even if I don't really. I hate when pasta sticks together. I hate people who insist on making me listen to their crappy indie band, telling me they've reinvented music, when they've never heard of Schoenberg. I hate cringing every time I think about my childhood. I hate when you go to the music store and plan on buying something next time you come, and when you get there next time, it isn't there anymore. I hate that you can't find clothes with nothing on them anymore. I don't want a logo, designer name, band name, my own name, a beer company name, a print of some city, a sports logo, some witty repartee on my black shirt. I just want a black shirt. I hate people who don't use the little spray thing and a wipe at the gym after they're finished with the equipment. I hate going to Blockbuster, and not being able to choose a movie because their selection sucks eggs. I hate when people act stupider than they are. I hate people with no regard for the beautiful English language, when it is their mother tongue. I hate those people who go around shops asking if you need any help. I hate English majors. I hate that I am not allowed to express anger like a normal human being without someone saying: "Pffft... What's wrong with him?" What's wrong with me? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???? Shit. You don't take me seriously is what's wrong with me.
    Wow.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Im not 100 percent sure of my type ATM, but Im pretty sure Im here in Beta. If Im not, just transpose what I write here into whatever quadra I end up being.

Ok...

I hate people who cant take responsibility for their actions. People who dish shit out, but cant take the same in return. Hypocrites.

People who dont stand up for themselves when they're being pushed around, especially when they're just too scared of being seen as bad because of it. I cant stand to see people weak. I think thats the worse one for me, is people who project their weaknesses onto you and expect pity, instead of standing up for whats right, standing up for themselves. I especially hate when people cant stand up to some asshole because hes a boss or a teacher with this and that salary, this and that prestige.

And I hate people who rudely act like they know you on type forums by insterting sterotypical comments like "you cant be X and X type, they wouldnt act like that!" or "are you sure you are (insert type here)", when you seem to step out of 'character' . I mean typing is interesting because it helps you keep an open mind towards people, and understand them, but when its used to stereotype, its just wrong.

And I hate being in social environments where people act like they're watching your every step and you cant be yourself without offending them.

And I also find most women's attitudes towards men nowadays stupid, but I got this off my chest earlier today so I wont get into it here....

Ok so I dont know if that everything...but I got that shit off my chest at least.

Creepy-pokeball

I agreed with all of Auvi's list except, "I hate that sometimes I'll think "lol" instead of actually laughing like a normal person," because I dont say it in my mind or IRL. I do, however, type it too often out of habit =p My mind is usually to busy to "lol."

I hate peopple that honk at me in road rage when Im at a red light because they expect me to move so that they can cross a double line (illegal!) to get to DAIRY QUEEN of all places.

I hate people that complain 24/7 without thinking of and trying out a resolve, too.

I read Kelly's ENFj list and it reminded me how much I hate the sheer thought of wasting time on a tan especially when we are living longer these days and are likely to run the risk of a common cancer such as skin cancer.

I hate passive-aggressiveness immensely. How about just telling me what you think so I can quit wasting my time and focus on something worthwhile.

I can go on... but Ive run out of Auvi-enthusiasm.

I agree with 95% of that.
    Do you also agree with Baby about hating English majors?

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder

I agree with 95% of that.
    Do you also agree with Baby about hating English majors?
    I dont know any. The only professor... okay of two professors I ever hated, one was an English professor. She was an emo-femnazi-lying piece of something that was consitantly late and taught beans for crap.

I wouldnt say that this was because she was a graduate of that degree but rather than she was a graduate of that degree type that was attracted to an elitist section of Portland(and we all know because she thought it was appropriate to ask if someone would dog sit for her during class time) that thought they were superior yet they were actually worthless and draining in everything they did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by soggy-flakes
    As for me, I don't like social norms very much. I also can't stand being restricted from doing something that I really want to do. I can't think of much else right now, heh.
    Agreed. I also dislike excessively preppy environments where nobody can be spontaneous.

What made you change from ENTj to ESTp?
    Realization of Se and polr...i think

*shuts up and lets fabie answer*

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soggy-flakes

What made you change from ENTj to ESTp?
    An description by Slava, and then by Herzy. Reading the ESTp external traits profile. Thinking a moment about my close relationship with types, and types.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Aahaa wow, this is brillant. Especially the part about the shirt, so true.

Creepy-pokeball

I have a secret admission. I secretly like the MTV reality shows. I dont like the normal drama ones. I like the sports ones where it's all cut-throat. Okay, I said it. In my defense, I rarely ever watch TV. But I will stop on these if Im randomly channel surfing.

Do I still get into heaven now?

Creepy-pokeball

I have another confession. This confession is all Diana's fault. I not-so-secretly like to watch bad movies or films. I know theyre bad but I watch them anyhow. The reason is four-fold. 1. Some genre's dont get the attention or budget they deserve. 2. I want to be in a not-so-serious mood and the badness of the film makes me feel silly. This is especially fun in the company of others. 3. I like to piss in the cheerios of critics. 4. Sometimes I want to relax and escape from reality. A lot of the bad movies are good at making you forget everything in the world for a small wrinkle in time.

I think I am done confessing now.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What oh what have I done here in Beta Quadra? I've inspired an ocean of discontent is what I've done.

But it's nice to see I'm not the only one annoyed by that shit. That was a cathartic post. Word to the INFps around: complain more. You'll feel better.

Oh, and FDG has managed to convince me of his ESTpness, and so I welcome him to Beta. Now everyone shut up.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I have a secret admission. I secretly like the MTV reality shows. I dont like the normal drama ones. I like the sports ones where it's all cut-throat. Okay, I said it. In my defense, I rarely ever watch TV. But I will stop on these if Im randomly channel surfing.

Do I still get into heaven now?
    I like the Real World/Road Rules Challenges >_>

And I like blatently bad movies sometimes too...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Betas, what is your biggest pet peeve?

So, what is your biggest pet peeve? Mine is people who are anal-retentive and obsessive about (what seems to me) trivial, unimportant details. I experienced this earlier today while working at the library (my coworkers, while nice, get so worked up about the littlest things!). I think this bothers me so deeply because 1) I'm oblivious to my external surroundings, so I miss a lot of subtleties, 2) I dislike being micromanaged and having my freedom impinged upon, and 3) I dislike needless criticism.
    How about the rest of you, what would you all like to get off your chests?

Creepy-aurora_faerie

i hate it when people leave the room im in and close the door on me

i hate it when people say they are gonna call me and don't

and lying

Creepy-bg

I hate people who are constantly pointing out their pet peeves...

(not directed at this topic, that's honestly something that really twists my sack IRL)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate people who assume that everyone else thinks and should act exactly the same way that they do, and that if someone doesn't, they're not worthy as a person. That shit pisses me off.
    I really hate that, stereotypes and people asking me why I look mad, sad etc.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Innuendo is very annoying because it makes me get the emotions that I'm supposed to get, but it doesn't really let me react to those emotions. It makes me rather passive aggressive. This pet peeve can be generalized to dishonesty.

It sounds stupid, but I get really pissed off (raving mad) when a TV channel unexpectedly decides not to show my fave series one evening. Actually it can be generalized - I get angry when other people change my plans unexpectedly.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It annoys me to talk with people who, seemingly, don't reflect--on themselves or anything. (To not reflect on one or the other is fine; however, both is too much for me.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- when people tell me to do something just because everyone else does it like...everyone don't wear white after labor day (conformity)
    - when friends talk about each other behind each other's backs, the thing is, everyone does it, but there's a difference between doing it because you're annoyed and saying constructive things than like, omg, i hate that skirt she was wearing
    - people who run around being sociable to everyone, especially if those everyone don't give a shit about the 'people' while the people ignore the ones who really respects him/her
    - trying to impress strangers
    - people who look down on other people, race, financial state, etc
    - bragging
    - exaggerations, saying things like I ate two hundred bananas when the actual number is two
    - guys who find it okay to stare at girls for more than a minute without trying to conceal it and say dumb things

Not saying that I don't do all everything listed above (except for the last one) at some point but they really bother me when other people do it. My mind goes into a frenzy and my eyes turn red and smoke come out of my ears.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bye
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

red lights, stop signs, and cops with nothing to do

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moderated
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate it when people are idiots,

and when idiots have authority,

and when authority is a dick.

that is, idiot < dick; where authority (when incompetent) equals both then authority < idiot.

case and point: i love v for vendetta, im sick of cops (everytime i see one i cuss out loud, its a reflex), and aristocracy needs a close shave or an invite to the hempen jig.
    Beta
    INFp
    Christian Socialist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast