I buy IEI for the OP.

And I like zee accent.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExTj
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm really curious about this, was it public somewhere?
    It's not, but I'll try to recapitulate it.

Ok, so, I think we automatically assume Lynch is Beta because he is macabre. We don't really think of Delta as being "dark". But that's not the case. Doestoevsky wrote plenty of books about murder. I don't know if you know of Japanese author Haruki Murakami, but his books are full of classic EII milquetoast protagonists but also weird fucked up shit like incest and people getting killed with hammers. I just saw Stoker the other day, which has Mia Wasikowski (EII) as a pretty disturbed psychopath in in. And let's not forget that this came from Delta, I do believe:

hqdefault.jpg

So yeah, just because it's dark doesn't make it Beta. So, if it isn't the darkness, what about Lynch makes us think he's Beta? Well, if we look at Beta Quadra's page, there's some things that seem to outright contradict how he usually talks about how he wants his movies to be received.

"Preference for larger groups where participation is "collective" rather than focused on individuals for any length of time...
    Frequent unexplained inside jokes are considered impolite because they exclude other people"

Lynch is known for making small, independent, special interest films that are not made to engage the collective of humanity. Unlike, say, Marilyn Manson, or even Darren Aronofsky with the recent Noah stunt, whose art engages the widest audience possible by stirring up controversy by manipulating a shared reservoir of symbols. Lynch had a chance for broad audiences with Dune, and now he chooses to engage less people.

" Spielberg is a very lucky human being, because the things he likes, millions and millions of people like. The things I like, maybe thousands and thousands of people like."

In fact, the sort of segregated discourse community that Lynch is trying to foster around his own films seems more in line with the Delta rather than the Beta philosophy.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's enough of a mindfuck for me to not be confident about my Lynch typing for awhile. I think Henry Rollins was in one of his films, and he's definitely SLE, so this is probably just sophistry, but...

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevjenn View Post
    why should this be an LSE thing ? If she was asked to say what she liked about her co-worker, she probably stated the obvious ,which is him being a silent, laid-back man who "has a lot to say". any type can be nice.
    this was a dude she married so...slightly different from just saying something nice about a co-worker.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    naomi watts is EII as fuk.
    No doubt about it! She's just like my EII sister.
    For anyone in doubt, watch/listen to this interview:

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    It's not, but I'll try to recapitulate it.

Ok, so, I think we automatically assume Lynch is Beta because he is macabre. We don't really think of Delta as being "dark". But that's not the case. Doestoevsky wrote plenty of books about murder. I don't know if you know of Japanese author Haruki Murakami, but his books are full of classic EII milquetoast protagonists but also weird fucked up shit like incest and people getting killed with hammers. I just saw Stoker the other day, which has Mia Wasikowski (EII) as a pretty disturbed psychopath in in. And let's not forget that this came from Delta, I do believe:
    Lynch is delta, I agree.
    Dostoyevsky is a great example of dark delta.
    What type did Wasikowska play in Stoker? Another EII?

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    What type did Wasikowska play in Stoker? Another EII?
    Oh man, that's tough. I don't usually type fictional characters (especially ones played by real life actors). For instance, I'm inclined to type Walter White as ILI at first blush, because he's both pedantic and imperial, but, when I think about his ability to cry on cue for some of his lies, he seems positively EIE. Sometimes the actor's type and the character's can be different. Add on to it that her character in Stoker is insane...

The movie is by two Gammas though, Wentworth Miller (LIE, script) and Park Chan Wook (Gamma Introvert?, director). I guess she would be some kind of uber fucked up ESI whose +Se and -Fi meant eliminating all attachments to herself.

Creepy-theticalanti

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    So I hate this vid. It's just before bed and I'm not proud of my appearance or the messy counter getting in the shot but whatevs lol

@darya @Whoobie77 @woofwoofl @Holon @aisa I wish I could @ The Martrix but it doesn't seem to work b/c of the space in his name..
    Definitely IEI. I just watched the video. I don't have time this second to read the rest of the thread to see what others are saying, but in my opinion IEI, you can definitely see the Ni+Fe. You also remind me of another 16types user Jenna, who self-types as IEI. She was more active from about 2011-2012. You could dig up some old posts of hers for comparison if you'd like.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    Oh man, that's tough. I don't usually type fictional characters (especially ones played by real life actors). For instance, I'm inclined to type Walter White as ILI at first blush, because he's both pedantic and imperial, but, when I think about his ability to cry on cue for some of his lies, he seems positively EIE. Sometimes the actor's type and the character's can be different. Add on to it that her character in Stoker is insane...

The movie is by two Gammas though, Wentworth Miller (LIE, script) and Park Chan Wook (Gamma Introvert?, director). I guess she would be some kind of uber fucked up ESI whose +Se and -Fi meant eliminating all attachments to herself.
    Her character to me seemed EII. She didn't seem to be very much in the real world. Most of the time she was just daydreaming about her relationship with her father. The whole lashing out seemed Se-PoLR. As for Nicole Kidman's character, I am at a loss. TBH, I haven't a clue of Kidman's actual typing.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Elina I was thinking some more about your type and I really think you're IEI. That was my first hunch about you anyway.

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

based off mannerism you remind me of myself youre easy smile and the way you talk where you zone out mid sentence to look for an idea and/or unravel one and the facial expression when you say things with uncertainty and on top of that a subtle sense of confidence comes up all of a sudden when you say certain things and the tone you use is one i use when im being friendly it hard to explain but i see alot of similarities
    im most likely ILE btw

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trifling nincompoop View Post
    based off mannerism you remind me of myself youre easy smile and the way you talk where you zone out mid sentence to look for an idea and/or unravel one and the facial expression when you say things with uncertainty and on top of that a subtle sense of confidence comes up all of a sudden when you say certain things and the tone you use is one i use when im being friendly it hard to explain but i see alot of similarities
    im most likely ILE btw
    You think she could be ILE? Whatever you are smoking, I want some

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    You think she could be ILE? Whatever you are smoking, I want some
    im not sure how indicative mannerism are of type but its a fun idea could an ILE mistype as IEI i think so
    i heard some may mistake HA as creative sometimes for ILE that would be thinking they have Fe creative and keeping the obvious intuition typing in play what does that give you IEI (i guess this is where i say ta-da)
    its just a thought

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

im not sure how indicative mannerism are of type but its a fun idea could an ILE mistype as IEI i think so
    i heard some may mistake HA as creative sometimes for ILE that would be thinking they have Fe creative and keeping the obvious intuition typing in play what does that give you IEI (i guess this is where i say ta-da)
    its just a thought
    Or maybe you're both IEE's

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Or maybe you're both IEE's
    lol now whos the one smoking

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im most likely ILE btw
    I do that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@Elina there is no way you are ENTp. Every bits and pieces of sweet you smell ethics

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    It's kind of hard to confuse your base with your PoLR though
    do you mean Te im talking about Ne im not sure what your saying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12