Thread: How do "childlike" traits manifest in ENTps?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do "childlike" traits manifest in ENTps?

I wonder where does childishness in ENTPs come from? (If I define a childish behaviour as "inmature, emotional, inappropriate for 'serious' situations, frivolous in matters of language".)

Q: Is this kind of behaviour defined correctly?

Q: Does childlishness only apply to ENTPs or to other types also? Which ones, by your oppinion? (if the definition of it is pretty correct)

Also, let's connect this behaviour with subtype theory. I guess that intutive subtypes are more childish. The main reason: lack of logic and sensing. They don't think enough about what they're saying or doing and they aren't fully aware where they are or how they should act (lack of inhibition in behaviour).

I also have an impression that logical subtype of ENTP is not that emotional as the intuitive one. The main reason is that the preference of logic implies that the person thinks more and therefore is slown down in movements and speech.

Q: What's your oppinion about this?
    drake
    --Dilemmas are illusions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That, and ENTps don't tend to grow up till they are 40 ... they're like peter pans on a time limit ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just turned forty one. I hope I've acquired some wisdom by now, at least.

But yes it takes us entp's a long time to grow up. And yeah, why is that?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it's fun to be a kid?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

Well. Blaze confirmed something. The process of information metabolism of his brain hasn't changed much (if socionics is mostly true about description of I.M. for ENTP types). I conclude that from:
    He's just an example. I'm 22 now and I have troubles in money and relationships (who doesn't)... However, that spontainety, naiveness, childishness bothers me. I mean, do I have to be a joker all my life? I don't have to show it in my behaviour, however, I can't avoid intuitive perceptions which want to trigger such behaviour.

Blaze mentions that he hopes that he's acquired some wisdom. Does that mean that ENTPs are so naive that they rarely think wise? Does that mean that they aren't the watchers of time, like INTPs, and that they don't care much about organizing their own activity?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: :)

Quote Originally Posted by drake_not_logged_in
    Well. Blaze confirmed something. The process of information metabolism of his brain hasn't changed much (if socionics is mostly true about description of I.M. for ENTP types). I conclude that from:
    He's just an example. I'm 22 now and I have troubles in money and relationships (who doesn't)... However, that spontainety, naiveness, childishness bothers me. I mean, do I have to be a joker all my life? I don't have to show it in my behaviour, however, I can't avoid intuitive perceptions which want to trigger such behaviour.

Blaze mentions that he hopes that he's acquired some wisdom. Does that mean that ENTPs are so naive that they rarely think wise? Does that mean that they aren't the watchers of time, like INTPs, and that they don't care much about organizing their own activity?
    What I meant is that it took me a long time to grow up and understand myself and how I affect others, and how they in turn affect me. I HOPE I've gotten better at relationships but at times, I'm not sure. I still say stuff, too quickly, that offends others. I am sometimes weary of being an entp; I get sick of the problems my personality causes. Most times I am able to do better but sometimes not, especially in times of great stress.

BTW, I am female! :wink:
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaze, you are not so bad . You just need people from alfa near by you and then you don't have to worry. It helped me when I learned the thing other alfas don't get angry over entps. And female entps are very beautifull women. There are lot of people who like you. :wink:
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by male21
    Blaze, you are not so bad . You just need people from alfa near by you and then you don't have to worry. It helped me when I learned the thing other alfas don't get angry over entps. And female entps are very beautifull women. There are lot of people who like you. :wink:
    You are very sweet, thank you!! I think I needed a lift-up like that today. I think you are too cool, too :wink:
    Entp
    ILE