Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 66 of 66

Thread: Beta attraction

  1. #41
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Could be SLE-Ti
    i'd agree with this one especially cause this would make her an IEI maybe an Ni considering she said she needs to be moderated and/or controlled and is prone to overanalysis. @LostInDreams seems quite a romantic sweetheart

  2. #42
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,963
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    That's good I learnt about socionics later, otherwise I would have doomed my life.

    I am attracted to intelligence, strong will, initiative, action, boldness and steadiness at the same time
    I have no moderation and can be impulsive and irrational, I need to be moderated, controlled without being so and appeased as I tend to overanalyze things.
    Whatever the type can be


    It can be a good point but it does not come in the first place.
    I think the problem there is your criteria is so lose that multiple types could do that part for you.

    Won't your mother match that criteria even?

  3. #43
    Infinity Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,844
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    i'd agree with this one especially cause this would make her an IEI maybe an Ni considering she said she needs to be moderated and/or controlled and is prone to overanalysis. @LostInDreams seems quite a romantic sweetheart
    I blushed.
    I have a quite lousy whimsical temper to be a sweetheart though.


    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I think the problem there is your criteria is so lose that multiple types could do that part for you.
    Socionics does not rule my life, M. Spaghetti Brain. Personality before the typing shit.


    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Won't your mother match that criteria even?
    Probably not entirely.
    She is a good cleaner though.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    i'd agree with this one especially cause this would make her an IEI maybe an Ni considering she said she needs to be moderated and/or controlled and is prone to overanalysis. @LostInDreams seems quite a romantic sweetheart
    I'm still juggling IEI and EIE for her. I wonder if one could call an SLE "steady", though...

  5. #45
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    I'm still juggling IEI and EIE for her. I wonder if one could call an SLE "steady", though...
    haha point! but SLE Ti are quite steady - or have a tendency to be at least

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    haha point! but SLE Ti are quite steady - or have a tendency to be at least
    This is obviously some strange usage of the word "steady" that I wasn't previously aware of.

    *checks dictionary*

    Oh yes, there it is: SLE-Ti; right next to earthquake.

    It's all relative

  7. #47
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    This is obviously some strange usage of the word "steady" that I wasn't previously aware of.

    *checks dictionary*

    Oh yes, there it is: SLE-Ti; right next to earthquake.


    It's all relative
    haha i meant in comparison to the Se ones ladies and gents we have a jokester over here )
    regarding relativity - absolutely

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    haha i meant in comparison to the Se ones ladies and gents we have a jokester over here )
    regarding relativity - absolutely
    In comparison to the Se ones, they're so steady that I think we'd better go and check their pulse.
    You've made me feel all self-conscious now.

    Now that's clever! I love oxymorons! That fact is relatively absolute, as they come.

  9. #49
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    In comparison to the Se ones, they're so steady that I think we'd better go and check their pulse.
    You've made me feel all self-conscious now.

    Now that's clever! I love oxymorons! That fact is relatively absolute, as they come.
    haha that about sums them up )
    good that's was my plan from the start! haha

    and absolutely relative especially for some! glad I got to show off my brilliance and by brilliance i mean nerdiness
    haha good job of noticing that! i guess you are a writer as you say

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    haha that about sums them up )
    good that's was my plan from the start! haha

    and absolutely relative especially for some! glad I got to show off my brilliance and by brilliance i mean nerdiness
    haha good job of noticing that! i guess you are a writer as you say
    I'm just thinking about resuscitation -- when the paramedic injects adrenaline. Suddenly the two subtypes are indistinguishable.
    The aggressor-victim dynamic is alive and well in Socionics theory

    Well observed. Facts can justify the ends of whoever quotes them. I thought the two words were synonyms ... *reaches for the dictionary again*
    I guess I am!

  11. #51
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    I'm just thinking about resuscitation -- when the paramedic injects adrenaline. Suddenly the two subtypes are indistinguishable.
    The aggressor-victim dynamic is alive and well in Socionics theory

    Well observed. Facts can justify the ends of whoever quotes them. I thought the two words were synonyms ... *reaches for the dictionary again*
    I guess I am!
    haha, out of all things you could have put them in you though about resuscitation?lol well I guess only then they become indistinguishable .....
    haha who me? never
    ha, well apparently some people consider brilliance to be the ingenuity of the human mind but what do they even know? don't worry you have your facts straight! (:

  12. #52
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,963
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    I'm still juggling IEI and EIE for her. I wonder if one could call an SLE "steady", though...
    Well SLEs are steady compared to EIEs.

  13. #53

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Well SLEs are steady compared to EIEs.
    True

  14. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Well SLEs are steady compared to EIEs.
    EIEs are steadier than both SLEs and IEIs imo. They're a rational type after all.

  15. #55
    Infinity Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,844
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    EIEs are steadier than both SLEs and IEIs imo. They're a rational type after all.
    Let's figure out what the steadiness really easy. It's like beauty, all in subjectivity.

  16. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Let's figure out what the steadiness really easy. It's like beauty, all in subjectivity.
    I guess you meant to say "really is"?
    Well I think that both emotionally/psychologically and in their life choices EIEs are pretty stable.
    They have a strong, passionate personality, but their passions are well controlled (I'm mainly basing this off an EIE-fe I know well, don't know any EIE-ni's)
    EIEs make sure to cross their t's and dot their i's,
    whereas the irrational beta quadra members like IEI and SLE are more prone to going where the wind takes them, or to be ruled by moods or impulses.

  17. #57
    Infinity Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,844
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I guess you meant to say "really is"?
    Well I think that both emotionally/psychologically and in their life choices EIEs are pretty stable.
    They have a strong, passionate personality, but their passions are well controlled (I'm mainly basing this off an EIE-fe I know well, don't know any EIE-ni's)
    EIEs make sure to cross their t's and dot their i's,
    whereas the irrational beta quadra members like IEI and SLE are more prone to going where the wind takes them, or to be ruled by moods or impulses.
    Sometimes my phone just gets crazy maybe it's SLE or IEI as it merely ignored to put a dot and to cross.
    Your observation is barely consistent though... I know a couple of rationals who are very passion and mood prone.

  18. #58
    Idiot Iris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    EIEs are steadier than both SLEs and IEIs imo. They're a rational type after all.
    I think it depends on the SLE. Professionally, my SLE friend is extremely reliable and gets huge amounts of work accomplished, and is never late for anything. Emotionally she is like a rock, and she never allows emotion to interfere with responsibilities. She probably comes across as more steady than me. She could almost be mistaken for an LSE. Her EP temperament comes out more in her personal life, where she awesomely lets things roll off her back. These EP coping skills also help her professionally, now that I think about it. (I am more of a stickler for details than she is, mostly in a way that slows down progress, but might produce a higher quality product.)
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation
    .


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

  19. #59
    Idiot Iris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I guess you meant to say "really is"?
    Well I think that both emotionally/psychologically and in their life choices EIEs are pretty stable.
    They have a strong, passionate personality, but their passions are well controlled (I'm mainly basing this off an EIE-fe I know well, don't know any EIE-ni's)
    EIEs make sure to cross their t's and dot their i's,
    whereas the irrational beta quadra members like IEI and SLE are more prone to going where the wind takes them, or to be ruled by moods or impulses.
    I am a very controlled looking person. The emotions that I allow to come across are friendliness, moderate enthusiasm, and seriousness. I am careful to hide strong emotions. But I feel things like injustice and disrespect very deeply. If I am feeling those emotions, I will express them mostly through my angry eyes, without saying much. I will let my emotions run wild internally, however, interfering with my sleep by night and giving me a constricted throat (or some other stress symptom) by day.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation
    .


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    haha, out of all things you could have put them in you though about resuscitation?lol well I guess only then they become indistinguishable .....
    haha who me? never
    ha, well apparently some people consider brilliance to be the ingenuity of the human mind but what do they even know? don't worry you have your facts straight! (:
    Yeah, I was a bit rash there ... what have I unleashed?!
    You ain't foolin' nobody! I know all about your plans...
    Ingenuity? What's that? Well that's a relief

    Going back to the OP, I'm thinking IEI-D is a reasonable suggestion for her type.

  21. #61

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Elina, @Persephone -- I think EIEs are in some ways the most irrational of the rationals, leading in such a bi-polar function as Fe, and having not the grounding of Si to back it up. I think the difference between IEIs and EIEs is that EIEs see emotions as pointless unless they lead to action (influenced so much by ther Se-HA).

  22. #62
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit rash there ... what have I unleashed?!
    You ain't foolin' nobody! I know all about your plans...
    Ingenuity? What's that? Well that's a relief

    Going back to the OP, I'm thinking IEI-D is a reasonable suggestion for her type.
    ha, I really thought Iwas subtle! tsk,tsk - where's ingenuity when you need it? (:

    yeah, IEI - through and through

  23. #63

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    ha, I really thought Iwas subtle! tsk,tsk - where's ingenuity when you need it? (:

    yeah, IEI - through and through
    Don't worry, I don't think anyone noticed. We Betas will be cackling into the sunset in no time

  24. #64
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Don't worry, I don't think anyone noticed. We Betas will be cackling into the sunset in no time
    you have! (: haha, yes that's the plan

  25. #65

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    you have! (: haha, yes that's the plan
    I won't tell

  26. #66
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oops wrong thread
    Last edited by JuJu; 07-27-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: sorry wrong thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •