Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta attraction

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Could be SLE-Ti
    i'd agree with this one especially cause this would make her an IEI maybe an Ni considering she said she needs to be moderated and/or controlled and is prone to overanalysis. @LostInDreams seems quite a romantic sweetheart

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    That's good I learnt about socionics later, otherwise I would have doomed my life.

I am attracted to intelligence, strong will, initiative, action, boldness and steadiness at the same time
    I have no moderation and can be impulsive and irrational, I need to be moderated, controlled without being so and appeased as I tend to overanalyze things.
    Whatever the type can be

It can be a good point but it does not come in the first place.
    I think the problem there is your criteria is so lose that multiple types could do that part for you.

Won't your mother match that criteria even?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    i'd agree with this one especially cause this would make her an IEI maybe an Ni considering she said she needs to be moderated and/or controlled and is prone to overanalysis. @LostInDreams seems quite a romantic sweetheart
    I blushed.
    I have a quite lousy whimsical temper to be a sweetheart though.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I think the problem there is your criteria is so lose that multiple types could do that part for you.
    Socionics does not rule my life, M. Spaghetti Brain. Personality before the typing shit.

Won't your mother match that criteria even?
    Probably not entirely.
    She is a good cleaner though.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still juggling IEI and EIE for her. I wonder if one could call an SLE "steady", though...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still juggling IEI and EIE for her. I wonder if one could call an SLE "steady", though...
    haha point! but SLE Ti are quite steady - or have a tendency to be at least

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha point! but SLE Ti are quite steady - or have a tendency to be at least
    This is obviously some strange usage of the word "steady" that I wasn't previously aware of.

*checks dictionary*

Oh yes, there it is: SLE-Ti; right next to earthquake.

It's all relative

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is obviously some strange usage of the word "steady" that I wasn't previously aware of.

*checks dictionary*

Oh yes, there it is: SLE-Ti; right next to earthquake.

It's all relative
    haha i meant in comparison to the Se ones ladies and gents we have a jokester over here )
    regarding relativity - absolutely

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i meant in comparison to the Se ones ladies and gents we have a jokester over here )
    regarding relativity - absolutely
    In comparison to the Se ones, they're so steady that I think we'd better go and check their pulse.
    You've made me feel all self-conscious now.

Now that's clever! I love oxymorons! That fact is relatively absolute, as they come.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In comparison to the Se ones, they're so steady that I think we'd better go and check their pulse.
    You've made me feel all self-conscious now.

Now that's clever! I love oxymorons! That fact is relatively absolute, as they come.
    haha that about sums them up )
    good that's was my plan from the start! haha

and absolutely relative especially for some! glad I got to show off my brilliance and by brilliance i mean nerdiness
    haha good job of noticing that! i guess you are a writer as you say

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha that about sums them up )
    good that's was my plan from the start! haha

and absolutely relative especially for some! glad I got to show off my brilliance and by brilliance i mean nerdiness
    haha good job of noticing that! i guess you are a writer as you say
    I'm just thinking about resuscitation -- when the paramedic injects adrenaline. Suddenly the two subtypes are indistinguishable.
    The aggressor-victim dynamic is alive and well in Socionics theory

Well observed. Facts can justify the ends of whoever quotes them. I thought the two words were synonyms ... *reaches for the dictionary again*
    I guess I am!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just thinking about resuscitation -- when the paramedic injects adrenaline. Suddenly the two subtypes are indistinguishable.
    The aggressor-victim dynamic is alive and well in Socionics theory

Well observed. Facts can justify the ends of whoever quotes them. I thought the two words were synonyms ... *reaches for the dictionary again*
    I guess I am!
    haha, out of all things you could have put them in you though about resuscitation?lol well I guess only then they become indistinguishable .....
    haha who me? never
    ha, well apparently some people consider brilliance to be the ingenuity of the human mind but what do they even know? don't worry you have your facts straight! (:

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Well SLEs are steady compared to EIEs.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIEs are steadier than both SLEs and IEIs imo. They're a rational type after all.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    EIEs are steadier than both SLEs and IEIs imo. They're a rational type after all.
    Let's figure out what the steadiness really easy. It's like beauty, all in subjectivity.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Let's figure out what the steadiness really easy. It's like beauty, all in subjectivity.
    I guess you meant to say "really is"?
    Well I think that both emotionally/psychologically and in their life choices EIEs are pretty stable.
    They have a strong, passionate personality, but their passions are well controlled (I'm mainly basing this off an EIE-fe I know well, don't know any EIE-ni's)
    EIEs make sure to cross their t's and dot their i's,
    whereas the irrational beta quadra members like IEI and SLE are more prone to going where the wind takes them, or to be ruled by moods or impulses.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Well I think that both emotionally/psychologically and in their life choices EIEs are pretty stable.
    They have a strong, passionate personality, but their passions are well controlled (I'm mainly basing this off an EIE-fe I know well, don't know any EIE-ni's)
    whereas the irrational beta quadra members like IEI and SLE are more prone to going where the wind takes them, or to be ruled by moods or impulses.
    Sometimes my phone just gets crazy maybe it's SLE or IEI as it merely ignored to put a dot and to cross.
    Your observation is barely consistent though... I know a couple of rationals who are very passion and mood prone.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on the SLE. Professionally, my SLE friend is extremely reliable and gets huge amounts of work accomplished, and is never late for anything. Emotionally she is like a rock, and she never allows emotion to interfere with responsibilities. She probably comes across as more steady than me. She could almost be mistaken for an LSE. Her EP temperament comes out more in her personal life, where she awesomely lets things roll off her back. These EP coping skills also help her professionally, now that I think about it. (I am more of a stickler for details than she is, mostly in a way that slows down progress, but might produce a higher quality product.)
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a very controlled looking person. The emotions that I allow to come across are friendliness, moderate enthusiasm, and seriousness. I am careful to hide strong emotions. But I feel things like injustice and disrespect very deeply. If I am feeling those emotions, I will express them mostly through my angry eyes, without saying much. I will let my emotions run wild internally, however, interfering with my sleep by night and giving me a constricted throat (or some other stress symptom) by day.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, out of all things you could have put them in you though about resuscitation?lol well I guess only then they become indistinguishable .....
    haha who me? never
    ha, well apparently some people consider brilliance to be the ingenuity of the human mind but what do they even know? don't worry you have your facts straight! (:
    Yeah, I was a bit rash there ... what have I unleashed?!
    You ain't foolin' nobody! I know all about your plans...
    Ingenuity? What's that? Well that's a relief

Going back to the OP, I'm thinking IEI-D is a reasonable suggestion for her type.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Elina, @Persephone -- I think EIEs are in some ways the most irrational of the rationals, leading in such a bi-polar function as Fe, and having not the grounding of Si to back it up. I think the difference between IEIs and EIEs is that EIEs see emotions as pointless unless they lead to action (influenced so much by ther Se-HA).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was a bit rash there ... what have I unleashed?!
    You ain't foolin' nobody! I know all about your plans...
    Ingenuity? What's that? Well that's a relief

Going back to the OP, I'm thinking IEI-D is a reasonable suggestion for her type.
    ha, I really thought Iwas subtle! tsk,tsk - where's ingenuity when you need it? (:

yeah, IEI - through and through

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha, I really thought Iwas subtle! tsk,tsk - where's ingenuity when you need it? (:

yeah, IEI - through and through
    Don't worry, I don't think anyone noticed. We Betas will be cackling into the sunset in no time

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, I don't think anyone noticed. We Betas will be cackling into the sunset in no time
    you have! (: haha, yes that's the plan

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have! (: haha, yes that's the plan
    I won't tell

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)