Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Male ESI's and Female LIE's (ISFj and ENTj)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI's strengths really effectively support me where I need support. I have had fun/adventure/good convos/connection with many people, but my life is most like me with ESI in close proximity. It's easy for me to get drawn into others' styles and undertakings, and I have to pull away to get my stuff done

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@nanashi Thanks

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    use the film strip and tree photo icons in the top right of the options when you type replies, near the yellow smiley
    I use it but still shows a URL instead of an actual video

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post
    I found this girl on an article or something. Her name's Fabiola Mann, and she apparently had an extreme high IQ. She VIs like an LIE, and her hobbies appear very NT. I think there's a high chance she's actually one.

Attachment 16237
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...mBrmAuXVtgMgWw > She also made a youtube video.

Btw, how do I make pictures and videos visible so everyone can see?
    Idk but I like her. Interesting video

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
    Idk but I like her. Interesting video
    She seems SLI to me. 3D Te, 4D Si.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be, she does look like a delta introvert now that I think about it.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best friends who is LIE has been actively going on dates with different people. Her biggest complaints are “not cute enough” and “lack of social skills”.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    One of my best friends who is LIE has been actively going on dates with different people. Her biggest complaints are “not cute enough” and “lack of social skills”.
    Male ESI's top out at Paul Newman and Bruce Springsteen. Down from there is Spencer Tracy and Chris Isaak. Down from there are Brian May and Ronnie Wood. Down from there is Bob Dylan.

If you are a female LIE going for looks, you are probably going to have to make some concessions. You should concentrate more on how the ESI makes you feel, on how you feel when around him.

Here is a picture of my best friend from HS, an ESI. His teeth are seriously messed up and he looks a bit like a crane, but he's the best guy in the world.

Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-10-2020 at 03:42 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Male ESI's top out at Paul Newman and Bruce Springsteen. Down from there is Spencer Tracy and Chris Isaak. Down from there are Brian May and Ronnie Wood. Down from there is Bob Dylan.

If you are a female LIE going for looks, you are probably going to have to make some concessions. You should concentrate more on how the ESI makes you feel, on how you feel when around him.

Here is a picture of my best friend from HS, an ESI. His teeth are seriously messed up and he looks a bit like a crane, but he's the best guy in the world.

Lol, why? There are people like Chad Michael Murray who seems probably ESI. Why does gender/sex matter here? Would you say the same thing to yourself? I don’t think so.

And if your friend is 40+ (assuming he is there) he looks totally normal/good to me, although I see the crane thing slightly lol. I’ve seen way more fucked up teeth than that... his look basically perfect to me in comparison.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, why? There are people like Chad Michael Murray who seems probably ESI. Why does gender/sex matter here? Would you say the same thing to yourself? I don’t think so.

And if your friend is 40+ (assuming he is there) he looks totally normal/good to me, although I see the crane thing slightly lol. I’ve seen way more fucked up teeth than that... his look basically perfect to me in comparison.
    My ESI bestie is a fucking chad, looks like Captain America, so I don't understand the whole looks things or what it has to do with personality types either.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

I highly doubt personality type and natural looks are correlated

Sure how you manage your body and charisma might be personality related, but....
    I would put forward that sbbds' friend likely was expressing an average desire to be physically attracted to someone they have chemistry with otherwise and trying to figure out why not while the person in question is probably just not making the effort at their presentation or had low self esteem (as most of us do at times) or simply wasn't attracted because they didn't have chemistry. Remember the people that friend is dating aren't necessarily duals. They're literally just people who pee the same way. that's a diverse group
    Last edited by nanashi; 10-10-2020 at 08:08 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found out one of my middle school LIE friends is now married to an ESI guy. They are unstereotypically noblebright like alphas are supposed to be in theory lol. It is really cute and pure. I wish I could post a photo but wouldn’t for privacy.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just found out one of my middle school LIE friends is now married to an ESI guy. They are unstereotypically noblebright like alphas are supposed to be in theory lol. It is really cute and pure. I wish I could post a photo but wouldn’t for privacy.
    Just image manipulate something over their private parts. Like picture of Biden and Trump kissing each other.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is good.

Note who seems like the strategic initiator and ...who the logistics initiator is...
    who is easily talking/giving ideas more and .....who is listening more/asking...
    Joanne and ... Paul

they both mention her competence in acting and his enjoying racecar driving in separate interviews

MUTE IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE BUBLE...I'm thinking the interactions give you a good idea of who they are.

woah. didn't realize all the kissing.

I also like that the LIE thinks/feels and then intensely hurls themself at the ESI. Been there. And the ESI seems a lot more surprised by some of the spontaneity and is also more measured and clearly more CONSITENTLY lives in the physics of the world around them, instead of a mix of planning and possibility.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tea Leoni

Typed 173 1w2 ENTJ

Every once in a while I wonder if Henry is SLI like my ex said Henry is, but I'm seeing more ESI.

She acts a lot like I do.

https://www.personality-database.com...rsonality-type

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

River Song
    ENTJ - 8w9 - sp/sx - Chaotic Neutral

sorry about the slapping him. I don't support that. It's messed up. I know the gf of at least one forum member abused him.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irene Adler ENTJ - 7w8 - sx/sp - 784 - LIE

My ILI bud who knew me for 20 years reached out to me and said: This is you, nanashi.

(Meaning I am like the original character (book) and the beginning of the Sherlock BBC version (not

her profession but her boldness and confidence and charisma and the way she acted).

The character in the BBC series gets weird and inept at the end.

They've both been typed ENTJ, repeatedly.

The BBC series, and probably every other adaptation of the book, really messes up her character.

She was conceived of as an entj woman opera singer who is in love with a man she intends to marry.

She happened to have a previous relationship with a guy who wound up inheriting the crown

and then deciding to harass and threaten her over their past relationship. She was written as

having no sexual nor romantic interest in Holmes, nor he

in her (though he respected her), who was strategically saving her own life and assets, and

happened to be one of, if not the only person, to be a peer of Holmes in strategy and intellect--which

he didn't resent.
    wikipedia:

"The King exclaims how amazing Adler is: "Would she not have made an admirable queen?

Is it not a pity she was not on my level?" Holmes replies that Miss Adler is indeed on

a much different level from the King (by which he means higher–a subtle twist of meaning lost

on the King). Thanking Holmes effusively, the King offers a valuable emerald ring from his finger

as further reward.[4] Holmes says there is something he values even more highly: the photograph of Adler.

He keeps the photograph as a reminder of her cleverness, and of being beaten by a woman's wit.

Watson also tells that, since their meeting, Holmes always refers to her by the honorable title of "the woman"."

The bbc made her a dominatrix lesbian who inexplicably falls for Sherlock and isn't

as independent as her character in the book is.

"Irene Adler. The Woman. The only woman to ever beat Sherlock Holmes.

It was with trepidation that many fans waited for A Scandal in Belgravia.

Some were ecstatic when it came out; many others horribly disappointed.

Before the episode aired, there were many people who were worried that

Irene would be a love interest for Sherlock, whether it be because they are

die-hard shippers who didn’t want a woman getting in the way of ~their ship~

or the idea that Irene and Holmes being in love is nothing new. The latter is

based off of many, many years of fandom pairing Irene with Holmes, despite

the fact the first paragraph in A Scandal in Bohemia states: TO SHERLOCK HOLMES

she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name. I

n his eyes she eclipses and predominates the whole of her sex. It was not that he

felt any emotion akin to love for Irene Adler. All emotions, and that one particularly,

were abhorrent to his cold, precise but admirably balanced mind. He was, I take it,

the most perfect reasoning and observing machine that the world has seen, but as a

lover he would have placed himself in a false position. As you can see, there wasn’t any

love between Holmes and Irene. Admiration, respect, possible scorn, yes, but never love.

Though Irene and Holmes met face to face several times, they never did so without the

use of disguises. Holmes dressed up as a workman the first time and acted as an impromptu

witness to Irene Adler’s marriage to Godfrey Norton. The second time, he was dressed as a

clergyman in order to find where she hid the photograph of her and the King of Bohemia.

The third, and last, time they met, she was dressed in men’s clothing and followed Holmes

after he found where the photograph was located, and said ‘Good-night, Mister Sherlock Holmes.’

Holmes could not pinpoint who she was, and therefore she managed to beat him at his own game.

Why then, do many scholars like to create a romance between the two? Even though there was no

love between them, and even though she married the man she desired and went away with in order

to escape harassment?
    (...) She was an adventuress, yes, but only in the sense that she travelled abroad,

acted outside of the familiar female norm, and was courted by men outside of her class. The entirety

of her criminal exploits was rudimentary blackmail which she was using as a means to keep the King

of Bohemia from invading her life even further. He had sent many teams to try and steal the photograph,

ransacking her house and breaching her privacy. It’s no wonder she went to such extremes to keep

something sentimental to her kept under lock and key.
    (...) Irene Adler in the book was a very

independent woman who chose a lawyer over a king out of love rather than spite:

'I love and am loved by a better man than he. The King may do what he will without hindrance from one

whom he has cruelly wronged. I keep it only to safeguard myself, and to preserve a weapon which will always

secure me from any steps which he might take in the future.'

https://stfu-moffat.tumblr.com/post/...sm-irene-adler
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-09-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max is ESI 2w3 on personality database, and
    Zoey is ILI 6W5 on the same site

It is a musical, but one of the less boring for me to get through, though I do skip a lot of the SEI mom, etc. The neighbor is pretty epic...pretty charming.

Anyway, the Zoey and Max characters arc is a pretty great and realistic 'best friends and colleagues transition into being in love' one.

Last edited by nanashi; 11-09-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE and maybe ESI
    She holds the record for most Oscars won by any one person (4), and he won (2), himself.

really great movie.

here's another:

LIE athlete saves the ESI (?)coach from the two men who turn on him. super hokey movie that was created because the woman actor LIE was such an athlete, irl. I can't remember how many sports she plays in this movie, but tennis and golf at least.

Scientists who marry for companionship and then...I think they might end up falling in love, but they at least have a lot of affection for each other by the end. I forget.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE woman actor and character:

This scene reminds me so much of my 7w8 guy friend and myself. We'd do shit like this. The male actor is sometimes typed ENTP, and my friend was. But Personality Database has the male actor as ESI 7w8, but he's been typed so many different things and is such an icon that I don't want to present him as ESI for sure, but he plays a pretty ESI character in this film, and she is always playing entjs, so it can be in this thread. . .

LIE catches feels first.
    Does the right thing when he starts catching feels, too, and sends him away, back to his fiance, her sister. LIE description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov: "Dislikes competing, manifesting selfish interests, demanding his (her) right to something. May cede his(her)positions to more obstinate and insistent partners. For the sake of justice or to defend an idea in which he believes, may sacrifice his own interests."You can see that in this clip.

male actor plays a super geeky professor here:

IRL the male actor, Grant, tried to setup LIE Hepburn with LIE 8w7 Howard Hughes, whom she ended up dating. She countered Grant, saying she could get her own dates.
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-09-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTJ actress playing a maybe 5w6 and maybe ILI character

(sometimes typed INTJ or other type)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TANGENT: what do you think Pulver's husband irl's type is?

[QUOTE=nanashi;1417848]Irene Adler ENTJ - 7w8 - sx/sp - 784 - LIE

[/SIZE]

The bbc made her a dominatrix lesbian who inexplicably falls for Sherlock and isn't

as independent as her character in the book is.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI Ian Gallagher 6w7 (redhead)

and big Jason Momoa look-a-like is often typed ESFP

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agh! I cried out when I saw this the first time because I knew what SEE Ray Stevenson's Gamma SF character was going to do right before he did it...because it's what I had the urge to do.

clip isn't complete. scene is missing some parts

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zayn Malik
    ISFP - 4w5 - sp/sx - 495 - ESI

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aren't both democratic quadras supposed to be "noblebright". That's because their extroverts are positivist types.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    aren't both democratic quadras supposed to be "noblebright". That's because their extroverts are positivist types.
    Erm, never heard of this idea before lol. Alpha is noblebright gamma grimdark, stereotypically speaking.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Erm, never heard of this idea before lol. Alpha is noblebright gamma grimdark, stereotypically speaking.
    @sbbds, this is how I see the two Quadras, too.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? mm.

I am referring to smlingeyes' mathematico-mechanical socionics.

How can a quadra with SEE and LIE be grim in its character? Defeats the purpose of both types (which are also central types in socionics, along with SLE and EIE).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    really? mm.

I am referring to smlingeyes' mathematico-mechanical socionics.

How can a quadra with SEE and LIE be grim in its character? Defeats the purpose of both types (which are also central types in socionics, along with SLE and EIE).
    Elaborate?

Do you not associate gamma with capitalism and industrialism and alpha with tea parties and colorful anime like 99.9999% of people, or something?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTJ actress playing a maybe 5w6 and maybe ILI character

(sometimes typed INTJ or other type)

She has ESTj - ESTp female eyes, much like Kate Winslet. Don't know about her character.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI Ian Gallagher 6w7 (redhead)

and big Jason Momoa look-a-like is often typed ESFP

Ian Gallagher, never seen him typed before. I often thought some kind of EIE with bi-polar disorder. The way he rallies people to the cause and then implodes in cycles.

Kevin as ESFp is a good typing. I think the actor is ESI though.

Lip is played as a ESTp with ISTp elements. I think he is a Ti subtype though. Smart guy, but never goes far with it because his system keeps dragging him back in, and also alcohol addiction.

Brilliant show.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raTG13 View Post
    Ian Gallagher, never seen him typed before. I often thought some kind of EIE with bi-polar disorder. The way he rallies people to the cause and then implodes in cycles.

Kevin as ESFp is a good typing. I think the actor is ESI though.

Lip is played as a ESTp with ISTp elements. I think he is a Ti subtype though. Smart guy, but never goes far with it because his system keeps dragging him back in, and also alcohol addiction.

Brilliant show.
    I think they significantly changed Ian when they wrote in his bipolar disorder.

And, I kinda hope Kevin's actor is ISFj because i've always been incredibly drawn to him, even decades ago when I'd see my mum watching some show where he played 'the fool'. I just assumed it might be activity attraction.
    Last edited by nanashi; 12-04-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raTG13 View Post
    She has ESTj - ESTp female eyes, much like Kate Winslet. Don't know about her character.
    She definitely LOOKS LIKE Kate Winslet, another British actress it's possible she shares quite a lot of dna with.

I'm not sure about her being ESTj-ESTp, but I'm glad you brought it up

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, maybe ESE but ILE and SEI are definitely not. That pairing is quite tragicomic and they probably like it that way.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    Well, maybe ESE but ILE and SEI are definitely not. That pairing is quite tragicomic and they probably like it that way.
    At least it’s a comic.

What is tragic about it? ILE keeps shitting diapers and lets masochistic SEI rub it all over his/her body?

That’s still grimbright at its worst IMO.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

At least it’s a comic.

What is tragic about it? ILE keeps shitting diapers and lets masochistic SEI rub it all over his/her body?
    Well, I suppose many SLE's do not see it (neither do many IEI's btw) but process types tend to have lots of melodramatic elements. It is like being part of something twisting and laughing ass off. There are people who do not get it. While result types are like good lyfe = I'm king of the effin world. So I suppose reaching for the stars for the sake of it [unless you are in the whirlwind tearing yourself apart because it is your what you are working with] does not seem so compelling to us.
    An example from EjArendee: ILE sits next to his burning car laughs his ass off.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 11-09-2020 at 08:26 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default these three are literary characters, but...both types ESI males

Teddy from Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery (nanashi's childhood crush)
    9w1
    he's the best friend of the main character and is also an artist. Main character seemed Ni, to me. It was easy to relate to her as a kid. I bet the IEI typing for her is a pretty good one.

and

Theodore "Laurie" from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

4w5 (2019 movie) or 7w6 (book)
    he's the best friend of the main character and falls for her sister.

oh, and Amy March in the 2019 movie alone has been typed ENTJ 3w4, and she and Laurie have the duality thing. In the book ppl have been thinking esfp for her.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teddy from Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery (nanashi's childhood crush)
    9w1
    he's the best friend of the main character and is also an artist. Main character seemed Ni, to me. It was easy to relate to her as a kid. I bet the IEI typing for her is a pretty good one.
    I can't believe I'm encountering someone who knows what that book is. Childhood favorite. Emily is definitely an IEI ("the flash"??!!).

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I can't believe I'm encountering someone who knows what that book is. Childhood favorite. Emily is definitely an IEI ("the flash"??!!).
    I related to her a lot.

Omg. I love that Carpenter is LIE...
    and the aunts being her conflictors...

and her dad seemed like a total ENFJ.

https://www.personality-database.com...ly+of+new+moon

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast