Thread: ISTx???

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTx???

I have one of the friendliest, strongest, sharpest, most intelligent, completely versetile personalitise you can come across. For the most part with the exception of this message I am an not erigant person. I am rather down to earth, but i also am spontainious. I am usually down for whatever. I like a lot of change in my life, it reminds me that i am alive. I think it makes me a stronger person for it. I enjoy being active; biking, inline skating, play volley ball, go swimming, hiking at a place /w cool scenery. I like to do interesting things ever day. To me eating healthy is critical ,so i make the bomb food! I am totaly open to suggestions, although i really dont like most people. i just cant stand the stupid, lazy people. but i do enjoy social gatherings from time to time. well if you didnt get what im about from this i have the results from a personality test down at the bottom of this page. i found it to be very acurate for me =) ~Glen~ ;p
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=67182592

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    ENTp
    (I wouldn't be surprised...)

What makes you think he's S, Joy? Or IS?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He says the ISTP profile fits him well (MBTI of course). I sent him the ENTp profile (socionics) and he said it as far as clothes not fitting well and stopped and said "no this isn't me" and now he's not interesed in talking about it anymore.

I originally thought ENTp for him when I thought I was ENTp... but when I realized that ENTp is wrong on many levels, I had to reconsidered types for a lot of people... this guy was embarrassingly bad with people but was loud and social none the less. The best thing I could think of for him was ESFp... but I was pretty uncertain. I haven't actually seen him in years.

Illusionary relations makes a lot more sense for us than Supervison. The relationship was totally awesome... till the day we started living together. Then we argued a lot and broke up several times.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that doesn't sound at all ISTp is that he said he doesn't like lazy people.

But my husband reacts the same way to the descriptions and typing as this guy so that's something. "Not interested in talking about it anymore." Yep.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I thought ISTj over ISTp... his Se is stronger than Si imo. As far as Ti and Te... I don't recall.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Illusionary relations makes a lot more sense for us than Supervison. The relationship was totally awesome... till the day we started living together. Then we argued a lot and broke up several times.
    This interests me a lot... tell me more please...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, it could have been partially because he was just too young for an adult relationship. hell, I was too young for an adult relationship... but I had a kid and an appartment and he and I seemed to get along really well. There was a pretty instant attraction and before we lived together, he and I got along well. We joked around and hung out and screwed around. Once we moved in together though, brought the relationship into the real world, we fought a lot. He was no longer attentive to and good with my son, often getting irritated with him getting into his stuff. It was also the first time he lived outside of his parent's house, and his dad was WAY WAY WAY too strict with him.... so he partied a lot and got really annoying cause he was drunk too much. He also had people coming by a lot... they'd play video games while I hung out alone in the other room with my toddler son. We argued a lot about household type things. He never helped out... and I hated one of his best friends at the time. He was still the only guy who was ever able to convince me to take him back once the relationship ended... and he did it a few times!!! I don't think about that period in my life all that often anymore... it's pretty embarrassing.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't think about that period in my life all that often anymore... it's pretty embarrassing.
    Don't worry - we've all been there at some point - *hugs*

Hmm he sounds just really immature. Didn't want to help out around the place, got drunk all the time, not good with your son. That might just be immaturity -lack of responsibility.

I can see how it would be really hard to type someone like that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj then.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Careful with those relations of activity. I fell in love with an ESTj girl (she fell in love to me first by the way) and I didn't even got to first base because she changewd her mind, feeling that I was "too imature" by being romantic. I don't currently work (I'm prosecuting my invention projects) and she takes that as being immature also. There is a major misundertanding, a huge psychological gap in such relations that will likely prevent them from lasting.

She's the daugheter of one of my dad's friends and I see her time to time. I've put some distance between us; I don't really feel comfortable talking to her, too much emotional stress. I felt crushed as it seems that she took it as a rejection. It seems that she still feels something about me, as she finds it very difficult to maintain eye contact to me. I can notice how she changes her voice tone when she speaks to me. Unusual for a "fearless" ESTj, if you ask me. You can touch the heart of your activity partner in a way not much people seems to be able. That may be why you allowed him to come back after it was over.

ESTj are in fact quite emotional, but they try to fiercely and quietly deny that side of them, which ultimately results in having those functions very underdeveloped. They often feel ridiculous if they use ther imagination or are sentimental. I bet that's the attraction despite being so different: they secretly adore you for not being judgamental about that weak side of them.

It's not that bad. Look it from an stoic perspective. It's your life, and it's better to say "I've been in and out of everything", than to get older and say to yourself that you did nothing with it.

For friends, well, they are very good tough.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had experiences with ESTjs as well. I posted a thread about it in Delta.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joy, if you were entj you couldn't have a relationship with estj.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Benny
    joy, if you were entj you couldn't have a relationship with estj.

1. bullshit, anyone can have a relationship with anyone

2. she's already explained how she was back then and how frequently she has changed over the years due to medications and just plain life, so MAYBE ENTj's and ESTj's don't generally get along, but for some reason at that point in her life she didn't know how she was supposed to act (like herself) and instead of acting like herself, acted like she thought others wanted her too, or vise versa out of spite.

this statement rubbed me the wrong way -_-

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and also, it's not like she described it as bliss or anything.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks kelly

Read this description if you want to hear about my relationship with ESTjs... lots of PoLR slapping
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5149
    SEE