Thread: Question for INTjs and ENTps: how do you spend money?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for INTjs and ENTps: how do you spend money?

A few questions for INTJs and ENTPs:
    1. How do you spend money? (give a general answer)
    (Do you buy unnecassary toys which you throw away?)
    (Do you lend money to others?)
    (When someone owes you, in which ammount of time do you get your money back?)
    2. How do you earn money? (give a general answer)
    (What type of jobs would you do to earn it?)
    (Is the money the primary motive for you doing something?)
    (Do you desire getting rich and how do you plan to do that?)

Out of your answers it may be possible to get some generalizations based on socionics descriptions.

Thank you in forward.
    drake
    --Dilemmas are illusions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually good at saving up money, except on some rare occasions. I like to always increase my bank account balance, and don't like to under-debit my account.

The majority of my jobs have been manual labour jobs ... I have also had computer and programming related jobs that require programming knowledge.

I use to buy alot of computer games and gadgets, but not as much anymore.

As far as getting rich is concerned, that would be nice. I'd rather just have a family and a nice accepting and supportive wife, personally; that doesn't necessarily means being rich, just living comfortably.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with PTL with all of #1, but as for two, I like to show off without consuming it---have to get rich to make other people jealous or admire me and that makes me a workaholic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I constantly spend money. Clothes, furniture, books, make up, stuff for the house, stuff for the kids, equipment, food, supplies. I only throw out old worn out stuff that's broken or doesn't work.

I hardly ever lend money. I think I would give it rather than lend it, like PTL. But people don't really ask me to borrow money.

I earn money at my job as a director of mental health services, as an adjunct instructor at a university, and by giving random training to interested groups. Money flows in and out quite steadily.

Money can be a primary motive; I recently took another job because of a twenty percent pay increase.

I don't think I could get rich no matter how much money I earned because I don't manage money well. I am definitely not "good with money."
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A money thing.

1. I'm very careful with my money most of the time. If I want something I have to mull (sometimes agonize) over it, occasionally for days. I have trouble buying things that are just "for fun", I have to decide that I actually have a use for the item. It's important that I get a good price and that I get my money's worth out of the item.
    I don't really have a problem with lending money; as long I deem the person trustworthy I don't really care when I get the money back (unless I need it for something).

2. Right now I am unemployed and have no source of income. I'm living off the money that I made at my last job. The reason is that I can't make myself work simply for money, unless I have an immediate need for it. I know this is not a prudent attitude, but I do it anyway.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: A money thing.

Quote Originally Posted by drake
    A few questions for INTJs and ENTPs:
    1. How do you spend money? (give a general answer)
    --> Most of what I spend is on necessities: food, rent, clothing, etc. and also practical things like computers and car payments. Regarding things like computers and cars, I'm more interested in the functionality aspect than in having the latest model or how it looks.

I will occassionally splurge on books and CDs that I want but don't really need but I never spend more than I can afford.

(Do you buy unnecassary toys which you throw away?)
    --> Rarely. I tend to be careful about what I buy so that I won't regret it later. After a while I may get tired of a piece of clothing or a CD I once liked but then I donate it to a place like Goodwill rather than just throw it away. I don't like to throw things away unless they are truly dysfunctional or the quality is poor enough that no one else would want it.

(Do you lend money to others?)
    --> Rarely, but then hardly anyone asks me to lend money to them. I am willing to lend money to people I trust but would be somewhat uncomfortable lending large amounts (say over $50) to just about anybody except maybe my closest friends and family and there would have to be a very good reason, like an emergency. On the other hand, I might freely lend small amounts (say $10 or less) and not worry overmuch if they pay me back or not.

(When someone owes you, in which ammount of time do you get your money back?)
    --> If its a large amount of money, I'm more likely to get it back sooner than a small amount, interestingly enough because with a small amount, its less important that they pay me back, so I'm not as pushy about it. If its a very large amount, I may let them pay me back in installments, so that would take longer.

2. How do you earn money? (give a general answer)
    --> I teach chemistry. It's not a high paying job but its enough to make a comfortable living.

(What type of jobs would you do to earn it?)
    --> Something where I can utilize my talents, learn new things, be creative, and is not too bureaucratic (sp?).

(Is the money the primary motive for you doing something?)
    --> Usually not. Its true that I probably wouldn't hold a job though if I didn't need the money. I figure if I have to work I might as well do something I enjoy.

(Do you desire getting rich and how do you plan to do that?)
    --> I wouldn't mind being rich but its not a big priority. For me it would take too much time and effort to make it worthwhile. I'm the type where as long as I have a comfortable existence and have enough money to pursue my interests, I'm happy. Since my interests are mainly intellectual in nature, they don't cost that much money and I tend to be able to get by on less than most people I know.

Out of your answers it may be possible to get some generalizations based on socionics descriptions.

Thank you in forward.
    Laura INTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, the thing we should learn is to put together entps with intjs that entps wouldn't spend money.
    Semiotical process