Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A highly annoying SLE or SEE.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LIE of the e7 variety (the experience seeker)

he's so awkward and strained positioning himself in that first interview that i can't see any of the Se leading types for him

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    LIE of the e7 variety (the experience seeker)

he's so awkward and strained positioning himself in that first interview that i can't see any of the Se leading types for him
    I don't know much about LIE's, specifically, but I'm kind of wondering what would motivate a Gamma rational to do all that stuff. Not that I doubt the typing. People aren't always going to match an archetype obviously but it's kind of a curiosity based on whatever image I've come to associate with LIE, and Exxj temperament in general.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    I don't know much about LIE's, specifically, but I'm kind of wondering what would motivate a Gamma rational to do all that stuff. Not that I doubt the typing. People aren't always going to match an archetype obviously but it's kind of a curiosity based on whatever image I've come to associate with LIE, and Exxj temperament in general.
    I'm not sure what motivated him to all that - you'd need to look into his interviews and sift through his accounts for an answer. Personal motivations aren't accurately explained by socionics. It just doesn't have enough 'resolution' to have such explanatory power. It's a very broad classification scheme that groups together ~400 million diverse individuals as "identicals". The only way that all these people are "identical" to one another is in their information metabolism, and at the same time they may have different personal motivations, goals, sources of inspiration, memories, life experiences, etc.

In terms of types discussed here there are two clues:

One being the writing of Stratievskaya who seems to be convinced that LIEs are meant for extreme professions (which in theory is congruent with Si-PoLR): "For representatives of this TIM, a life without romance, without vivid and strong impressions, is not sufficiently interesting. After all, here we are talking about people whose calling is associated with the extremes: here we have the travelers and explorers, the pioneers and researchers, lifeguards, stuntmen, and experimenters to name a few." (ESI-LIE dual relations)

The other is enneagram, which is far more revealing when it comes to drives and motivations (reason why many people come to prefer it to socionics). In case of enneagram type 7s there is a drive for a variety of experiences and entertaining adventures. These are only simplified humorous descriptions of enneagram types, link, but you can see how much the e7 one overlaps with what Steve-O has been doing.

But then again, there are LIE 7s on this forum who don't run around slamming themselves into every cactus and palm tree they encounter, so it's a long way between these broad classifications and discrete behaviors.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alpha? ILE-?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beta beta beta xinfinity

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He doesn't seem that masculine to me, more like what some gay men coin a 'masculivoid'.... a non masculine man that homoerotically absorbs masculinity from others but really has none in himself. The stuff he's all been in has been very homoerotic, and 14 year old boyish - so it makes sense to me. His masculinity and rough persona is a clear business front, so I think I might agree with the LIE interpretation, I think if we met in real life he would just yell at me that I need to make more money and support myself better.

He's also Jewish and is the 'Nice Jewish Boy' stereotype- and yeah the macho thing he does is so businessy and put upon.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's an easy one to type - SLI.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is naturally kind of feminine, so I could see SLI or LSI-Se. But LSI-Se males don't really seem to need to craft a hyper-masculine image or even care what people think about them; LSI-Ti might care and might put up a front, but LSI-Se don't really feel the need to emphasize the sex they were born as (especially not LSI-Se males, actually LSI-Se females might just try to tell people how all the things they do and what they perceive they can't do as part of their femininity), they just do what they like.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged